UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

runnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to all
Archie And Hartsock

I stopped by the local bar yesterday and one of the tv's was on Spectrum Sports and without sound it looked like at least a 30 minute interview. Out here on the farm there is no cable. Would someone please explain if this was a special or an ongoing show.

If legal a link would be great.
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2017, 02:06 PM
General

Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,133 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I assume that was the coach's show. I haven't seen it this year, don't know for sure if its on or not, but in the past it was a 30 min show highlighting the prior week's games, previewing the upcoming schedule, and interviewing a current player. In the past, there was even a coaching segment running thru a drill that they do in practice. I'd assume you can find them somewhere on the interwebs
Old 02-23-2017, 03:32 PM

runnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to all
I was under the impression the coaches show was no more since it's not on channel 7. I do miss it as I've watched for 40+ years.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
If the coaches show is no more I would say that Archie would count that as a positive for Dayton. Whenever I saw him on it you could just tell he would have rather been anywhere else in the world than there.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:37 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty sure there is no weekly coaches show anymore. But the Time Warner/Spectrum sports channel does some specials on UD occasionally, like the interview with the 1967 team.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:51 PM

Yes you could tell Archie hated the tv show.

Does TW/Spectrum make the specials available via the web? It would seem there is money to be made.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:56 PM
General

Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,133 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
it was on the TW cable channel for a while after moving off Channel 7, don't know the status of it now. You are right, Archie never appeared to enjoy it much.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:55 PM

Thanked 17,143 Times in 5,114 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Jim O'Brien Show used to have a live studio audience on Sunday morning. We thought we were going to be Kentucky. Ended up more like Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:07 PM

I don't know what year but at the beginning of Donoher show Donald Smith started shooting free throws. They would cut to him off and on through show. At shows end he had made 100 in a row. Not sure who, maybe Hamlin and Donoher but both said it happened and that was good enough for me.
Mad Props to runnerup For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:29 PM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Jim O'Brien Show used to have a live studio audience on Sunday morning. We thought we were going to be Kentucky. Ended up more like Kentucky Fried Chicken.
As a college student I and some friends went to that show. Some audience members were allowed to ask a question and I volunteered. Then Hartsock looked at my question and told me I would not be allowed to ask it. He offered a pre-made softball question if I wanted. I declined.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Spectrum (aka TimeWarner) has a show called DAYTON FLYERS INSIDER. This time of year it focuses on men's bball, but it covers women's bball and other UD sports. The shows I've seen also have Josh Postorino on as a commentator.

The time seems to change depending on their coverage of actual games. They repeat frequently as I can end up with 6+ on my dvr.
Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-24-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Originally Posted by C-time View Post
If the coaches show is no more I would say that Archie would count that as a positive for Dayton. Whenever I saw him on it you could just tell he would have rather been anywhere else in the world than there.
Archie . . just remember if you go to one of those big schools with the big paycheck they will be paying you to do a number of those shows, and for kissing up to alumnae and making appearances at fundraisers, etc. etc. etc. Those duties will be at least as important as your basketball duties. Is that what you want, Archie? Is that what you are good at, Archie?

Words of warnng. . . . . . Not warm and fuzzy love like in Dayton.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:47 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FrankStreetFlyer View Post
As a college student I and some friends went to that show. Some audience members were allowed to ask a question and I volunteered. Then Hartsock looked at my question and told me I would not be allowed to ask it. He offered a pre-made softball question if I wanted. I declined.
What was your question - why are you such a lousy coach?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-23-2017), moville (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
I'd be interested in what FSF's ? was also . . . mine would have been . . . just because you are Jack Ramsay's son-in-law, why do you think you can coach DI ball?
Old 02-24-2017, 09:08 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,084 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by moville View Post
I'd be interested in what FSF's ? was also . . . mine would have been . . . just because you are Jack Ramsay's son-in-law, why do you think you can coach DI ball?
That question even after all these years .... pretty cold!
Old 02-24-2017, 09:40 AM
2nd Lieutenant

FrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the roughFrankStreetFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
What was your question - why are you such a lousy coach?
The question was pretty banal and I am not sure what players or even what year it was. I believe I wanted to know why a backup guard was getting so few minutes when his numbers were better than the senior starter.

Hartsock told me that I could not ask a question about a player.
Mad Props to FrankStreetFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-24-2017)