User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Beat St Joes

A very tough order. They match up very evenly with us statistically . They rely heavily on their two star forwards and it may come down to our ability to defend them without fouling. Big Steve could be the difference as they don't have a player who matches up well with him. Pollard may be the key assuming he can go. He's got to hold his own vs his opposite and not struggle with fouls. Sam will get eaten alive. Need to limit offensive boards and not allow their crowd to get whipped up
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-15-2016)
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2016, 10:29 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Bembry is a load. I saw him at the Arena last year and he is just one of those guys who can create a shot at anytime, anywhere on the court. I have watched some video of him this year and he is much improved at ballhandling. He can now take it coast to coast like Pollard, Cooke, and Pierre. He is a bit streaky but when he is on, he is difficult to contain. My guess is that Archie will have Cooke guarding him.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-15-2016), Runnin' Rebel (02-15-2016), UDBaby (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Only a tall order because Dayton hasn't won against Saint Joe's in Hagan Arena since January 29th, 2000.

Looking at this year....
Saint Joes looks good, but their best Kenpom.com win is Princeton (58). They played 3 Top 50 kenpom.com teams and lost all 3 (Florida, Villanova, and VCU).

If we are at full force (Pollard) I really like our chances. If not I still like our chances, but it will take another big effort to shed this monkey off our back like Kingston. This team is special. I see another win.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (02-14-2016), ScottyExpress (02-14-2016)
Old 02-14-2016, 10:46 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
If not this year, then when? We will win this game. Time for the rest of the A10 to feel the heartache.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-15-2016), FLYER5 (02-15-2016), Radar (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 07:29 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
I would like for the team to make the Philly Mortician look bad on his own floor, but a 1-point win will do.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Bembry is a load. I saw him at the Arena last year and he is just one of those guys who can create a shot at anytime, anywhere on the court. I have watched some video of him this year and he is much improved at ballhandling. He can now take it coast to coast like Pollard, Cooke, and Pierre. He is a bit streaky but when he is on, he is difficult to contain. My guess is that Archie will have Cooke guarding him.
How is he on defense? Can Pierre/Pollard abuse him?
Old 02-15-2016, 09:08 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Looking at team stats:

Flyers are going to have to play one of their best defensive games of the year.

What concerns me is that we cannot expect to wear this team down as their starters average a lot less minutes than ours do.

Once again, if we cut down on our turnovers, the advantage turns toward the Flyers.

And we have to continue to keep our opponent from getting to the FT line as they are a much better FT shooting team than we are. This one concerns me because we're due to get homered by the Refs, and St. Joes seems to be the team that it happens most to us against.

I prefer to let KP heal but I'm thinking our chances without him are slim in this game.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
We need Pollard, both for his skills and to have five more fouls to give. We cannot have Williams coming in to defend their two studs. Should be a good opportunity for Steve and Sam to shine.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Captain

LI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to all
I summer on the Jersey Shore in Stone Harbor, NJ and run into the St Joes "crypt keeper" in town. His skin is translucent. I would love to have a win at their place next time I see him while wearing my Dayton gear. He always comments about Dayton to me but I would like to see a little more humility going forward. GO FLYERS, pluck the hawk!
Mad Props to LI2UD2PA For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 09:57 AM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD93 Steve View Post
How is he on defense? Can Pierre/Pollard abuse him?
Sorry, no, Bembry is long, lean, mobile, and he has good hops. He probably has the most NBA talent of any player in the A-10. It will take an extreme effort on Cooke's part to contain him.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:13 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Archie

implied that KP would not be available against SJU.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:13 AM

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Ranking

Why isn't SJU a ranked team?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:16 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Why isn't SJU a ranked team?
Haven't really played (or beat) anyone much 0-1, 1-3 against top 25; 50.

That is the least amount of games against the top 50, out of the RPI top 30.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:23 AM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Hard to win at St. Joes. Small gym. Students and other fans are loud and close.
Crowd and noise will be a big problem. Not to mention, the calls the home team will get...

St. Joes has the type of team that challenges UD. They have forwards who can step out and shoot the 3. That has been a challenge for this team to defend all year.

A win would bring great upside for UD in the A10 race. Will take a monumental effort.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jerseyflyer09 (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 10:58 AM
1st Lieutenant

jerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to beholdjerseyflyer09 is a splendid one to behold
I will be in the house for this one. Making the drive down with the wife. A kid I coached in hs is a frosh at joes now (starts) so I'll be behind the joes bench but rooting for Dayton of course. Will be a really tough one I imagine, never been to Hagan but looks like a tight space that will get pretty loud
Mad Props to jerseyflyer09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,043 Times in 451 Posts
Whacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond reputeWhacker has a reputation beyond repute
This is a tough match-up for Dayton. Flyers like to get to the line scoring there by attrition. they want to make more FT than other team takes. Martelli teams have always been very good at guarding without fouling. In fact, Joe's defense is 2nd in the country in regards to FT rate (FTA/FGA).
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Whacker For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-15-2016), jerseyflyer09 (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 12:28 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Looking at team stats:

Flyers are going to have to play one of their best defensive games of the year.

What concerns me is that we cannot expect to wear this team down as their starters average a lot less minutes than ours do.

Once again, if we cut down on our turnovers, the advantage turns toward the Flyers.

And we have to continue to keep our opponent from getting to the FT line as they are a much better FT shooting team than we are. This one concerns me because we're due to get homered by the Refs, and St. Joes seems to be the team that it happens most to us against.

I prefer to let KP heal but I'm thinking our chances without him are slim in this game.

pretty much in agreement. I would NOT start Pollard.

Get Big Mac and Z some minutes. Then bring in Pollard and Sammy!

Limit Pollard to 10-12 unless : he's feeling it or we're up 10.

Need to rest him somewhere over the next 5 games. SLU is an obvious choice, probably SBU too - though that's NO GIMME>
Old 02-15-2016, 12:31 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Listed as one of top 5 games of the week -- all the way at bottom of article.

http://www.campusrush.com/wooden-awa...603550170.html
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-15-2016), Runnin' Rebel (02-16-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 12:37 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
pretty much in agreement. I would NOT start Pollard.

Get Big Mac and Z some minutes. Then bring in Pollard and Sammy!

Limit Pollard to 10-12 unless : he's feeling it or we're up 10.

Need to rest him somewhere over the next 5 games. SLU is an obvious choice, probably SBU too - though that's NO GIMME>
Sam needs to start when KP doesn't. Things have been working out too well as far as fouls go for Steve when he waits to come into game.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-15-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (02-15-2016)
Old 02-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Major

ScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud ofScottyExpress has much to be proud of
Whenever its better for the A10 for Dayton to lose, I get worried. Tough road game, but I really think we are gonna pull this one out.

This might be one of the most significant conference road games we have played since St Louis that helped lead to our Elite 8 run (we may not have gotten in the dance that year without it if I remember correctly.) This game isn't a must win by any means, but it is definitely one I'd love to have to solidify top seeding in the big dance.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ScottyExpress For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-15-2016), FLYER5 (02-15-2016)