Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-31-2020, 02:13 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
13,435 reasons why we’ve lost our two games thus far…

We have plenty of other threads to discuss Basketball reasons for defeat, but I want to point to one that hasn’t been discussed much. as we hit a couple of big threes last night, I thought to myself, how different with this game be if we had a big crowd? I really think no juice in the arena is a factor. Vegas backs me up on this. From what I’ve read, a true home crowd can be worth at minimum 2.5 and up to six points depending on the venue. I would argue it’s worth closer to six an ours. how many points have we lost by in our two defeats? 2. also, historically, over the course of three coaches during my fandom, where have we struggled the most? places with lethargic crowds. I can’t tell you the number of times I have watched games that we should’ve won even on the road, where we have choked. In most of those cases, the crowds were lackadaisical.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (01-06-2021)
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2020, 05:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,164 Times in 5,120 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
The UD fan base is as integral and woven into the success of Flyer basketball as any program in the nation. Take it away and you literally steal the program identity. The crowd is our great equalizer and turbo button. Kansas is still going to be Kansas in an empty Allen Fieldhouse because their talent is so strong. Fordham will still be Fordham because they never had crowds anyway. But at UD, the loss is most profound because the fan base is such an anomaly for a program like this.

It's not an excuse. But it's a reason.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-01-2021), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-31-2020), NYCFLYER (01-01-2021), San Diego Flyer (12-31-2020), steverino015 (12-31-2020), UDTradition (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 05:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Watching the Ole Miss game 2 Saturdays ago, I remember Crutcher hitting a 3 that (I think) tied the game, and the sound people at The Arena had generic ambient crowd noise going in the background. I told my wife, if that was an Arena crowd, the roof would have blown off the place. As it was, it was more like the fake crowd murmur that Burbank used to play on his show to simulate a gathering (“watermelon, cantaloupe; watermelon, cantaloupe”). Not even close to the same effect.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2020, 07:12 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,538 Times in 783 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
The UD fan base is as integral and woven into the success of Flyer basketball as any program in the nation. Take it away and you literally steal the program identity. The crowd is our great equalizer and turbo button. Kansas is still going to be Kansas in an empty Allen Fieldhouse because their talent is so strong. Fordham will still be Fordham because they never had crowds anyway. But at UD, the loss is most profound because the fan base is such an anomaly for a program like this.

I was at the game last night. It was a very “interesting” experience. According to most reports, the maximum number of allowable attendees at the arena is 300. There were 125 attendees - at best. They had red tape on the seats that could be occupied, and there were a lot of empty red seats. Seating is limited to the side opposite the benches, and primarily between the baselines, in the 100 and 200 level sections only. Everyone was at least 15’ apart. There were 4 girls in the student section, one in a chicken costume. They pump in white crowd noise to fill the void. The pregame routine is the same, just without the cheerleaders. They had an intro video, but it was watered down. During the game, there was virtually no crowd support. But honestly, how much noise can 100+, 60+ year olds make? Conversely, the LaSalle bench was fairly animated in the second half. They were chanting “defense”, cheering, rooting on their teammates. Honestly, our bench was dead. Per Chris’s comments, I think our team relies on the crowd and doesn’t know how to generate its own enthusiasm. I sad this before, this year is going to require mental toughness. A toughness we don’t yet possess. That said, Amzil saved us from an even worse embarrassment. He may be our savior this season.

I have pictures from the arena last night if anyone is interested - they are too large to upload here - Chris, any thoughts? If anyone has any other questions about the ongoing arena experience, just ask.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (12-31-2020), jack72 (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 07:29 PM
Colonel

zmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to behold
Were they serving beer?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to zmz723 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (01-02-2021), CT Flyer (01-01-2021), Flyer 86 (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020, 11:15 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I've been wondering since 300 people are allowed why only about 100 have attended each game. I believe the first game had only 50-60. Is this UD's decision or do more people simply not want to go. If this is UD's decision, why? They have requested a variance so they are willing to allow more fans in the future. Why not 300 now? And, N2663R, how did you get to go?

Last edited by longtimefan; 12-31-2020 at 11:18 PM..
Old 12-31-2020, 11:18 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
So we’re saying the fans make the players better? Because they arnt rated as high as Kansas players out of high school they can’t play in an empty arena. I guess when we go to Fordham we can expect a L every year
Old 01-01-2021, 01:27 AM

Thanked 17,164 Times in 5,120 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Rose Hill is a home game.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-01-2021), UDTradition (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 08:44 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
And I thought it was because we have little inside game. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2021, 10:46 AM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
And I thought it was because we have little inside game. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
OR...the fact that they shot

65% in the 2nd half

Might have something to do with it.

Perhaps if we could put those 13,435 on the floor it would have helped.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,646 Times in 703 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
OR...the fact that they shot

65% in the 2nd half

Might have something to do with it.

Perhaps if we could put those 13,435 on the floor it would have helped.
Also, LaSalle scored on 20 straight offensive possessions. Somehow, in spite of poor play, we were still in position to win this game.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,646 Times in 703 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
Also, LaSalle scored on 20 straight offensive possessions. Somehow, in spite of poor play, we were still in position to win this game.
Not correct information, thanks to Figgie for clearing this up in a different thread. It seemed like 20 though!
Old 01-01-2021, 12:24 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by N2663R View Post
I was at the game last night. It was a very “interesting” experience. According to most reports, the maximum number of allowable attendees at the arena is 300. There were 125 attendees - at best. They had red tape on the seats that could be occupied, and there were a lot of empty red seats. Seating is limited to the side opposite the benches, and primarily between the baselines, in the 100 and 200 level sections only. Everyone was at least 15’ apart. There were 4 girls in the student section, one in a chicken costume. They pump in white crowd noise to fill the void. The pregame routine is the same, just without the cheerleaders. They had an intro video, but it was watered down. During the game, there was virtually no crowd support. But honestly, how much noise can 100+, 60+ year olds make? Conversely, the LaSalle bench was fairly animated in the second half. They were chanting “defense”, cheering, rooting on their teammates. Honestly, our bench was dead. Per Chris’s comments, I think our team relies on the crowd and doesn’t know how to generate its own enthusiasm. I sad this before, this year is going to require mental toughness. A toughness we don’t yet possess. That said, Amzil saved us from an even worse embarrassment. He may be our savior this season.

I have pictures from the arena last night if anyone is interested - they are too large to upload here - Chris, any thoughts? If anyone has any other questions about the ongoing arena experience, just ask.
Thanks for posting this. I was disappointed that I could hear the LaSalle players cheering and could not hear the Dayton fans. I thought maybe it was mic placement and was hoping I was mistaken.
I can tell you this 70+ year old can make a lot of noise (ask those that sit around me),but unfortunately I doubt I get an invite to MBB this year. I am holding out hope for WBB.
I would like to see pics.
Go Flyers!
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 01:57 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Thanks for posting this. I was disappointed that I could hear the LaSalle players cheering and could not hear the Dayton fans. I thought maybe it was mic placement and was hoping I was mistaken.
I can tell you this 70+ year old can make a lot of noise (ask those that sit around me),but unfortunately I doubt I get an invite to MBB this year. I am holding out hope for WBB.
I would like to see pics.
Go Flyers!
This almost-60-year-old can be quite a loudmouth, too, but I too am not expecting to get a chance to support my team in person this year. I could even bring my trombone and quadruple the decibel level, but alas, that’s probably not in the cards, either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2021, 05:22 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post

It's not an excuse, but it is clearly rationalization.

I would hazard a guess that every team in NCAA basketball (except some weird exceptions) play better and are more successful at home. This is just a guess of course
Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 06:53 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
It's not an excuse, but it is clearly rationalization.

I would hazard a guess that every team in NCAA basketball (except some weird exceptions) play better and are more successful at home. This is just a guess of course
Yes, but I would hazard a guess that our “home court advantage” is among the top 20-25 nationally every year. So, the absence of our home crowd hurts worse than the absence of a home crowd at, say, Millett Hall, where the Miami “formerly-known-as-a-type-of-potato” squad is used to having only friends and family in attendance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Yes, but I would hazard a guess that our “home court advantage” is among the top 20-25 nationally every year. So, the absence of our home crowd hurts worse than the absence of a home crowd at, say, Millett Hall, where the Miami “formerly-known-as-a-type-of-potato” squad is used to having only friends and family in attendance.
Posted via Mobile Device
"So you're telling me there's a chance" that UD is only as good as they are because of US?
Old 01-04-2021, 09:24 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
"So you're telling me there's a chance" that UD is only as good as they are because of US?
As good as about 6 points better with us yes... which would’ve resulted in us winning our other 2 games.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2021, 10:22 PM

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
If you don't think that UD's home advantage, or many other home advantages in the country, don't have a 3-7point swing in games I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, we have limitations with the roster. There is no arguing that. There also is no argument that there is no discussion of coaches and TV crews talking about UD Arena being an intimidating place to play in this year.

Everyone is playing in the equivalent of a high school gym this year.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
As good as about 6 points better with us yes... which would’ve resulted in us winning our other 2 games.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2021, 11:36 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually, maybe not 6 points better. Probably a combination of Flyers being 3 points better and our opponents being 3 points worse.

Seriously, I've always wondered when it comes to home court advantage, how much does the crowd lift the home team vs demoralize and intimidate the visitors.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
It isn't just the missing home crowd and it isn't just that Dayton fans can't travel to away games. Last year our players said they enjoyed the crowds on the road. Their away crowds last year were larger than normal because Dayton was the big game and people wanted to see Obi. The team thrived on those crowds especially the more hostile ones.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:38 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking advantages

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Actually, maybe not 6 points better. Probably a combination of Flyers being 3 points better and our opponents being 3 points worse.

Seriously, I've always wondered when it comes to home court advantage, how much does the crowd lift the home team vs demoralize and intimidate the visitors.
In some cases, I would lean toward +10 for the Flyers and +4/6 for opponents, at least at the start. Bonaventure, in particular, always seems to shoot lights out to start games at UD Arena. They feed on our crowd until we wear them down.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:11 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud ofCJ#4 has much to be proud of
So why wouldn't UD give any empty seats among those 300 to Red Scare students who would make some noise? If the 20 people on a team bench can do enough to affect the game's atmosphere, surely another 150 rowdy students could have an impact?
Mad Props to CJ#4 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 02:33 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ#4 View Post
So why wouldn't UD give any empty seats among those 300 to Red Scare students who would make some noise? If the 20 people on a team bench can do enough to affect the game's atmosphere, surely another 150 rowdy students could have an impact?

I asked a similar question in post #6. They are permitted to have 300 fans but are allowing only about 100. Why are they asking for a variance when they won't even allow the current limit of 300?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (01-05-2021), Radar (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 07:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,538 Times in 783 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ#4 View Post
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I asked a similar question in post #6. They are permitted to have 300 fans but are allowing only about 100. Why are they asking for a variance when they won't even allow the current limit of 300?
Just my observations here, but first, I think the students are still on break, and who knows when they will return. Once back, some will avoid games, others will not obey the rules, so it’s a crapshoot with them. Also, it looked like the only seats available are between the baselines, so they would be intermixed with the sweaters.
As for the total attendance, I think it is 300. I think tickets are being allocated to those season ticket holders who opted in. Just because you got tickets, doesn’t mean you will go. I guessing a lot don’t and they don’t pass their tickets on to someone who will go. For a lot of people, the games are a social event and if your friends aren’t going, you aren’t either. I don’t think UD is artificially reducing attendance.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:38 AM
Major

Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
Were they serving beer?
I think the announcer claimed is was "near beer"...