UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2010 Match Threads

2010 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,479 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Rhode Island Match

3:30 Dayton-time. Team will be in THEIR OWN LOCKER ROOM in about 2 hours. Hope they remember where it's at. lol
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
RI is going after Kray -- she's holding up with 6 digs.

Nice first set - always good to keep a team @ 15 or less points.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Let RI score a couple points at the end, but UD dominated winning 25-15 in second set.

Yvonne is a hitting machine tonight and had 3 blocks. Team has 8 blocks in 2 sets. Excellent.

Also -- UD has scored 40 points in 2 sets -- 20 of the 25 points to win. That's totally dictating the match. And we have 11 errors - 5.5/set. That's pretty good too. I like under 5, but it's hard to nit-pick this match so far.

Close it out in 3.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Best Stat of the Match

Everyone of our front row players got a block. I've never seen that before in a match. Some of these ladies only played 3 points in the front row. Shayne Brown and Megan Campbell come in for the last 3 points of the match and put up the block to close out the match. The freshmen getting it done!!!! Other teams are playing freshmen and they are getting some pub, but I like our group. They get to play against excellent players everyday in practice and that will show next year when they are on the court as sophomores.

Everyone who could block for UD in this match, did block. Here's the breakout:

Linds - 5
Beck - 4
Yvonne - 3
Jess - 3
Kray - 1
Amanda - 1
Anna - 1
Tiff - 1
Megan - 1
Shayne - 1

And not to be out-done defensively, the backrow out-dug RI 46-38.

GREAT defense by everyone. Let's do it again tomorrow.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 10-01-2010 at 08:46 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Yvonne was crushing the ball tonight.

Besides the blocking and hitting I was very impressed with the passing and Allyson's serve. Even on most tough serves the passes were very close to where the setter expected. This is strictly my opinion, I don't chart anything... I'm getting spoiled at the matches being updated on Lindsay's stats every set by Figgie.

I would love to know what Sheff was telling tiffany because he had the entire front row laughing.

Last edited by UDBrian; 10-01-2010 at 09:34 PM..
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 PM

x beats Fordham 3-0. SLU beats Charlotte 3-1. Duq beats GeoW 3-2.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:54 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I also thought that Rhode Island played pretty good defense. They were in good position on our attacks and dug most of the dump attempts. They did tend to play really short leaving deep balls open.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,162 Times in 2,320 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Everyone who could block for UD in this match, did block. Here's the breakout:

Linds - 5
Well, doesn't that suck. I counted 7 blocks (mostly assists). That drops here to 1.7777. The Hawaii player had 3 blocks in 3 sets to go to 1.7692.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,162 Times in 2,320 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
It was a fun match. Looked like the entire football team showed up, some (if not all) the women's basketball team, and Paul Williams, Fabrizius and Searcy from the men's basketball team. Coach Kelly, Coach Chamberlain, AD Wabler and President Dr. Curran (I think).

Also interesting to watch Rhode Island warm up before the match. They were basically scrimmaging against each other with a coach 'serving' into the other side and they were doing a standard 3 hit side back and forth.

Figgie
Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 AM

I think I was wrong on the best stat of the match...(first time ever, I'm sure - LOL)

Best stat might have been the attendance of 1355....for Rhode Island! Two or three years ago we drew 1200-something for X - the largest crowd (or 2nd largest???) ever for Frericks at the time against our arch rival. Rhode Island draws like 300.

The NCAA will be impressed with 1355 for Rhode Island. There are usually less students at Saturday matches, so I'm hoping the community can pull thru tonight and we have over 1000.

Also - a comment from the radio broadcast you'll want to know about:

Sheff said his daughter (I think they are calling her Lexi (Alexa Grace)) has big hands. So they are working on her setter skills and passing skills. He doesn't think she will be tall enough to be a hitter, but she's done well with the setting and passing so far.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
Well, doesn't that suck. I counted 7 blocks (mostly assists). That drops here to 1.7777. The Hawaii player had 3 blocks in 3 sets to go to 1.7692.
This happens to me sometimes when I'm watching from home. Usually it's something like the hitter hits into the top of the net and we have a block up. It looks like a block because it lands on the other side of the net, but the refs correctly call it a hitting error, because the ball never crosses the net. It's tough to see that if your angle from the stands is behind the blockers.

This might explain the mis-count. I know Mike and Mandy called several times that RI didn't get it across the net. The ref signals are different for these two things. I'll find a link and post it.

Glad to see Lindsay is holding her own and actually #1 at this point. We should have another strong night blocking against Fordham. Either way she should be right there at #1-2 come Monday.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 10-02-2010 at 09:53 AM..