Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Post So who would YOU rather have start?

PG- London Warren or PG- Rob Lowery?

Personally I would much rather have London start. He already knows the offense and is a "Wizard" on Defense. His Speed is amazing and he can change the game by him self.

Lowery is a shooting PG who can really shoot the 3 ball well. (40%). They say he is just as quick as London. But is the "D" their? We will see in the Red vs Blue game.

Who would YOU rather have start?
Advertisement
Old 10-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Colonel

Flyer1407 is infamous around these parts
Right now it has to be London. We really don't know how good Lowery is going to be at this point, unless you are privileged to see practice everyday.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:02 PM

AFflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
never seeing lowery play its hard to make that call. given the small posibility london will have better ball control id like to see em both play an exhibition game or 2
Old 10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Hard to tell without seeing them, but if I had to guess I think I'd have Lowrey start purely because of his ability to shoot the three. It sounds like their skillsets are very similar otherwise. I'm sure they will both get pretty equal playing time. My guess is London starts to begin the season, but Lowrey is starting by the end.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:12 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
Hard to tell without seeing them, but if I had to guess I think I'd have Lowrey start purely because of his ability to shoot the three. It sounds like their skillsets are very similar otherwise. I'm sure they will both get pretty equal playing time. My guess is London starts to begin the season, but Lowrey is starting by the end.
i disagree , but could be wrong. i think Bg is gonna want ball movement, getting little, kurt , marcus and wright the ball first five minutes. then in comes lowry to help with three or outside shots.

hard to tell with recent article in DDN
Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Just off the Jet

nart is infamous around these parts
i will sacrifice the so called 'wizardry' on defense bc the turnover maching london warren negates that D on the other end. He's fast, thats it. can't pass/dribble/shoot/penetrate/run an offense/etc.
I'm voting lowery, without even seeing him play a game
Old 10-21-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Lieutenant

bp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to beholdbp is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nart View Post
i will sacrifice the so called 'wizardry' on defense bc the turnover maching london warren negates that D on the other end. He's fast, thats it. can't pass/dribble/shoot/penetrate/run an offense/etc.
I'm voting lowery, without even seeing him play a game
I think Lowery averaged 4 turnovers a game as a juco, so we'll see who's the bigger turnover machine.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Whichever one provides 15 points, 8 assists and 4 boards a game with less than 3 turnovers. Either one that can provide those numbers is fine
Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 AM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Whichever one provides 15 points, 8 assists and 4 boards a game with less than 3 turnovers. Either one that can provide those numbers is fine
those are greatnumbers. between em both perhaps though!

i'm thinking one is capable of 10, 6 or 7, and whatever boards.

do want to see 75% foul shooting, and threes at appropriate time
Old 10-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
would be very surprised if London was not the started, at least at the beginning of the season...just that fact he is a Junior with 2 years of experience with BG and his system and lowery is just starting his first. For Lowery to win the job at this point, he would have to be exceptional thus far.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bp View Post
I think Lowery averaged 4 turnovers a game as a juco, so we'll see who's the bigger turnover machine.
That was going 100mph in Juco,in the article in the DDN , his quote was that he has to be like BG on the floor under control
Old 10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,568 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bp View Post
But he was averaging 8 assists to go along with 4 turnovers, so that ain't a bad ratio. Now this all happened at a much lower level of basketball, but if you are going to use the numbers, assist to turnover ratio is a better indicator than raw turnover numbers.

And he was on an extreme run-and-gun team last year from what I understand, so his numbers are inflated across the board, IMO. The things I like are his asst/to ratio and his 3pt shooting percentage along with some decent first hand reports I have seen.

Last edited by Fudd; 10-22-2008 at 12:02 PM..
Old 10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I just pray that if Lowery eventually cracks the starting lineup it's because he excelled to where there was no keeping him out, and not that London was playing poorly.

If Trent Meacham couldn't get the Freshman nod over Warren Williams in the coaches minds, I can't see Lowery grabbing the starting job initially this year. It's Gregory's way to let veterans take the reins until they fail.

From the total pg position, I would thing that 10/ 6/ 1.5/ 4 would suffice.

Meacham and Williams averaged 13/6/1.45/4 . And those numbers were accumulated in the face of some very lightweight front line talent at that point.

It seems to me if you put those numbers into the equation with our wings and bigs, we should have a winning combination.

Can the guards do it? That's what we are all waiting to see.

Half of us are going to be wrong. Which half?