User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 04:23 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Okay Orangemen, get out of our way

We gave you Maui. Yes we did, by letting you play that team with the neon green uniforms. Now, it's time for you to get what should've had coming on Thanksgiving Eve. I was there and I wanted you bad. But beating Cal by 18 was a nice early season consolation. Let's roll.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-20-2014 at 04:30 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2014), Medford (03-20-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2014, 04:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I think this needs to be a low scoring game to win I don't see ud scoring s lot of points against that zone
Old 03-20-2014, 04:39 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
I think this needs to be a low scoring game to win I don't see ud scoring s lot of points against that zone
We're certainly going to have to hit our 3s early and often. But now that they got their first taste of the big show, I think they will be more relaxed and we'll see better outside shooting, not to mention Offensive boards against 'cuse.

Going to be tough, no doubt, but I have faith that Archie will have a great game plan, maybe the same one he had before we played Baylor on Tuesday in Maui.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:40 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Under the catagory of "be careful what you ask for"

As the season was winding down, one of the thoughts in my head was "I wouldn't mind seeing UD play OSU, OSU just hasn't impressed me much this year" so I got one of the things I was hoping for, and it worked out.

Heading out to Mauii, I had seen a couple of Syracuse games, and thought to myself, this isn't the Syracuse team I'm used to, they're zone defense isn't nearly as good as it usually is; was looking forward to UD potentially playing them. As we know, that never came to pass. I didn't see a ton of Syracuse after that, but they just kept on winning, game, after game, after game 25 in a row. Then all of a sudden they lost @ BC, the lost to GTech at home, they dropped 5 of their last 7. Did they right the ship today? I didn't see a ton, from what I saw their game had as much to do with Syracuse as it did about W Michigan looking nervous, forcing bad pass, missing open shots, etc... I would love to see UD get past the Cuse tomorrow; hope they're ready for the zone defense, attack the middle, kick it out for open 3s and hit guys cutting to the hope as the zone rotates.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:46 PM
General

forget about the "be careful what you wish for". There's nothing we can do about our opponent and of course 'Cuse beating us certainly wouldn't be a surprise. But I want to see it because, well, the only way we wouldn't is by losing to the Buckeyes.

And referencing the thread that was titled something like "playing with house money", everything else in this tourny is gravy because Arch is going to take us places we aren't use to in the next couple years.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Syracuse obviously has great talent, but they can be a bit of a mental case. They can get apathetic or lazy. We need to get into their heads early and show them that they are in for a game...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-20-2014), Smitty10 (03-20-2014)