UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 12:40 AM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to behold
Meanwhile ... tough start for Archie

I'm sure things will get better, but Indiana lost its first opener in 33 years in Archie's debut. Throttled by Indiana State, 90-69. I don't wish to recap every Hoosier game, but worth mentioning the opener. Also notable because Flyers could play Indiana State next Sunday in Charleston.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-69/835084001/
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,476 Times in 804 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, the Sycamores shot 65% from beyond the arc! Oh my, Archie better get those guys covering up the three-ball better. Listen, I have watched the kids from the state of Indiana a long time, going back to Rick Mount, and I am telling you, they know how to shoot the ball. Ball State had four or five players like that tonight. You go into those towns like Noblesville, Kokomo, Muncie, and Anderson, and those kids shoot the ball well!
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:48 AM
Major

VirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to behold
Smile Word on the street

IU is discussing how can they buy Archie out and send him back to Dayton.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to VirgM For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (11-11-2017), SeasonTicketFan (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:49 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,047 Times in 1,073 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Based on 1 game, Scott & Barnes seem to deserve some serious attention on defense. We'll see if that becomes a matchup of concern for our Flyers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Colonel

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
ISU was unconscious. Watch the replay. They might have beaten some NBA teams last night. Very good for us because they are in the Charleston Classic. Bad for us because they play Auburn in the first round.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Colonel

maddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud of
Archie Misses McKinley Wright who is starting pg for Colorado! Scored 10 last night in win.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Major General

Thanked 4,112 Times in 1,616 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
When Purnell left, I would check the box score and hope he had won.

When Gregory left, I would always root for Ga Tech to win and hoped he would have much success.

Not sure why, maybe I am just becoming an @$$ as I get older, but I look at last nights IU box score and smile.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (11-11-2017), BRob2Perryman3 (11-11-2017), Gazoo (11-13-2017), JimBo (11-11-2017), TA111 (11-11-2017), UDBaby (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Major General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post

When Gregory left, I would always root for Ga Tech to win and hoped he would have much success.

Not sure why, maybe I am just becoming an @$$ as I get older, but I look at last nights IU box score and smile.
Clayton Flyer Fan: We cannot overlook the manner in which Archie elevated our program. We were all upset by his abrupt departure (and frankly, I think that was a done deal before the NCAA...just my opinion). But we owe Archie a lot for bringing this program back to its current stature. He is an excellent coach and will get things straightened out. But one thing cannot be overlooked relative to that loss to ISU, that is devestating for IU fans. Having lived in Indiana for 12 years during their Bobby Knight hayday, except for Purdue, IU fans consider every other team in Indiana to be inferior. That includes Notre Dame, by the way! Hoosier fans live and die with basketball. No matter if you are driving through the inner-cities or the farmland, basketball courts are ubiquitous in Indiana. There is a park close to 38th and Meridian in Indy that attracts some of the finest players one could ever imagine. Most of these kids don't make it to college, but they can play ball! Good luck to Archie in turning things around. One question I have is this: How in the world does a program like Indiana be so lacking of talent???
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-11-2017), IAFlyer (11-13-2017), Smitty10 (11-11-2017), zmz723 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,053 Times in 994 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute

I did too. I will always love Archie for what he did for us. Purnell and BG also didn't have wives that were sideshows.
Maybe its petty, but I've never continued to root for any other former coach.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Major General

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Clayton Flyer Fan: We cannot overlook the manner in which Archie elevated our program. We were all upset by his abrupt departure (and frankly, I think that was a done deal before the NCAA...just my opinion). But we owe Archie a lot for bringing this program back to its current stature. He is an excellent coach and will get things straightened out. But one thing cannot be overlooked relative to that loss to ISU, that is devestating for IU fans. Having lived in Indiana for 12 years during their Bobby Knight hayday, except for Purdue, IU fans consider every other team in Indiana to be inferior. That includes Notre Dame, by the way! Hoosier fans live and die with basketball. No matter if you are driving through the inner-cities or the farmland, basketball courts are ubiquitous in Indiana. There is a park close to 38th and Meridian in Indy that attracts some of the finest players one could ever imagine. Most of these kids don't make it to college, but they can play ball! Good luck to Archie in turning things around. One question I have is this: How in the world does a program like Indiana be so lacking of talent???
I agree 100%, just not sure why some evil part of me was so happy to see last nights loss. I agree, I think some of the deal with IU had been done before the NCAA game, maybe even before the A-10 tourney. Watching both games, at times I almost felt as though Archie was not mentally into the game the same as he typically was, thus possibly the reason for my frustrations.

Very familiar with IU basketball, I was always a big Bobby Knight fan and followed them closely. I deal with a company located in southern Indiana and when I am down there once a year for meetings, all these people do is eat, sleep and talk IU basketball. Not looking forward to having to talk to any of them next week as I am sure they will all be in all out *****y mode.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 11-11-2017 at 11:08 AM..
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:15 AM

Thanked 8,300 Times in 3,707 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I love Archie and what he did for our program. That said, I like the blowout he absorbed because going forward I want to see how he solves his program issues, which I think he will.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-12-2017), Flyer 86 (11-11-2017), FLYER5 (11-11-2017), Smitty10 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:26 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,156 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I love Archie and what he did for our program. That said, I like the blowout he absorbed because going forward I want to see how he solves his program issues, which I think he will.
Also, having a coach begin his head coaching career here and then moving up the ranks of all-time great coaches with one of the blue-bloods cannot hurt us in drawing the top young coaches in future if need be. I'm sure some will think that they don't want young coaches using us as a stepping stone but the reality is that's our situation, and sometimes our best situation available.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:28 AM

Thanked 2,690 Times in 1,392 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't checked their message board yet. Bet that is fun reading
Old 11-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Also, having a coach begin his head coaching career here and then moving up the ranks of all-time great coaches with one of the blue-bloods cannot hurt us in drawing the top young coaches in future if need be. I'm sure some will think that they don't want young coaches using us as a stepping stone but the reality is that's our situation, and sometimes our best situation available.
Yea, but Grant is here until he retires in 20 years!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM

Thanked 2,902 Times in 1,904 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
One question I have is this: How in the world does a program like Indiana be so lacking of talent???
IU isn't lacking in talent in terms of the number of stars that their players have.

They have the second highest rated roster in the Big Ten.

I am nearly 100% sure that Archie will get IU turned around in due time.

Name Mascot Average Stars Official Site

Michigan State Spartans 3.861 msuspartans

Indiana Hoosiers 3.410 iuhoosiers

Maryland Terrapins 3.364 umterps
Ohio State Buckeyes 3.318 ohiostatebuckeyes
Illinois Fighting Illini 3.227 fightingillini
Northwestern Wildcats 3.222 nusports
Michigan Wolverines 3.181 mgoblue
Purdue Boilermakers 3.167 purduesports
Nebraska Cornhuskers 3.139 huskers
Penn State Nittany Lions 3.014 gopsusports
Minnesota Golden Gophers 2.974 gophersports
Iowa Hawkeyes 2.944 hawkeyesports
Wisconsin Badgers 2.795 uwbadgers
Rutgers Scarlet Knights 2.628 scarletknights

Last edited by ud2; 11-11-2017 at 12:03 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 11:35 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
That is probably why the IU fans were so ticked off with Crean: he had all that talent and still couldn't win at a rate that was acceptable to IU.

Last edited by ud2; 11-11-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Old 11-11-2017, 11:36 AM

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
His last game he coaches may resemble this one too but once he gets his players to buy-in they'll be the class of the B1G. Many here had him on a short leash and had little hope for success. Turned around here. It will turn around there.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:43 AM
1st Lieutenant

Widget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant futureWidget has a brilliant future
IU is going to be ffine. I heard Detwon Rogers is on the roster and will play as soon as his knee feels a little better.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-11-2017), Flyer 86 (11-11-2017), Flyer2 (11-12-2017), Gazoo (11-13-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:50 AM

Thanked 4,607 Times in 2,589 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
It will get better for Archie, because it cannot get much worse, unless they lose the next game. You think he works on defense this week.

You have to hand it to IU that they take the risk of playing most other teams in their state, unlike one of their neighbor states, who has three teams scared to play some other teams.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-11-2017), ud2 (11-11-2017), udx2 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Flyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud ofFlyer69ers has much to be proud of

schadenfreude
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer69ers For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-11-2017), UDBaby (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 AM

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by widget View Post
iu is going to be ffine. I heard detwon rogers is on the roster and will play as soon as his knee feels a little better.
posted via mobile device
I hope the Detwon Rogers jokes never go away.

I actually heard his knee is better and should start practicing this week
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 11:59 AM
Brigadier General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
It will get better for Archie, because it cannot get much worse, unless they lose the next game. You think he works on defense this week.

You have to hand it to IU that they take the risk of playing most other teams in their state, unlike one of their neighbor states, who has three teams scared to play some other teams.
Well, we know AM puts emphasis on D but remember, his first year here we had all O and no D and that started balancing out in years 2, 3 and 4 and then went the other way in years 5 and 6. He might not have the horses he needs on D yet.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:01 PM

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Just checked their stat line. No L. Bird on the roster..
Old 11-11-2017, 12:01 PM
Brigadier General

Yea, but Grant is here until he retires in 20 years!
A 72 year old coach? Wonder if he'll be able to keep up with the times.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Major General

Here is Archie's press conference. He didn't mince words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jih-zarjgno
Old 11-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Bill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant futureBill McPeek has a brilliant future
I just have one question........what if Vee had missed that shot vs. OSU in 2015 NCAA?
Old 11-11-2017, 12:20 PM

udx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud ofudx2 has much to be proud of
Read that Archie became the first Hoosier coach to lose his opening regular season game since Everett Dean in 1924. Bet that doesn’t sit well with Archie.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,826 Times in 860 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
We gave Archie just as much as he gave us.

He'll be just fine, and if he's not, I won't lose any sleep.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-11-2017), JimBo (11-12-2017), UDGutter2 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Thanked 5,878 Times in 2,797 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
The question is will IU be patient. Took 3 years at UD.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (11-11-2017), Fudd (11-12-2017), ruechalgrin (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
I just have one question........what if Vee had missed that shot vs. OSU in 2015 NCAA?
We would've won only two NCAA games in 4 years instead of 5. And if Sibert would've missed that 3 against SDST we would've won zero.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:45 PM

We would've won only two NCAA games in 4 years instead of 5. And if Sibert would've missed that 3 against SDST we would've won zero.
SDST? I think you mean Boise State.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Alberto Strasse (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,703 Times in 781 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute

And perhaps Erma was right about why the grass might look a bit greener...over the septic tank.
Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 05:41 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Wasn't this game very familiar to Archie it was the same as the script from the second last game he coached for UD remember the GW game?
Old 11-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
SDST? I think you mean Boise State.
Yep, oops. Glad you knew what I was talking about
Old 11-11-2017, 07:55 PM

Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,010 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Archie will have IU as consistent top 10 program in 2-3 years.

3 point shot in college is more about luck (variance high game by game) versus defense (which does contribute). Indy St goes 9/26 from 3 instead of 17/26 and lose 74-69. But was top 5 defensive performance by Archie Miller coached team.

I hope long-term Archie does well and again I have zero doubt he will. I rooted for OP and BG. But have to admit, did not mind he got destroyed last night and booed. Pathetic I know, but now I root for Archie.
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 07:55 PM

Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,181 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't root for Archie or against Archie, but I must admit I had a bit of a smile on my face when I heard that score.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (11-12-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,304 Times in 1,071 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
His last game he coaches may resemble this one too but once he gets his players to buy-in they'll be the class of the B1G. Many here had him on a short leash and had little hope for success. Turned around here. It will turn around there.
I read some of Archie's comments after this game and my impression (i.e. Reading between the lines) was that the team and some players have not bought into his systems yet. He didn't come out and say tat, but it was my gut feeling reading his comments. I'm not sure everyone is on the same page yet and wonder if they all will be this year???
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 08:43 PM
Colonel

maddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud ofmaddog07 has much to be proud of
Crying crocodile tears. He doesn't coach here anymore. Let's move on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-11-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
3 games: OSU, Cuse and Stanford

Last edited by Atlantic 10; 11-11-2017 at 10:48 PM..
Old 11-11-2017, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
3 games: OSU, Cuse and Stanford
No, Smitty was right, if we lose to OSU, then we would have only won 2: Boise and PC.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:59 PM

IMO, your logic is faulty though. Good teams find ways to win those games. I don't think it is at all fair to infer that the OSU and Boise wins were luck. It is not really luck.

Good teams seem to have a lot of what seems like luck, but IMO, it is not really luck, it is more just sort of being fundamentally sound/prepared/being able to put yourself in a position to win.

I refuse to believe that any of Archie's NCAAT wins can be attributed to luck.

Those teams put themselves in a position to win those games and performed like champions, in executing the game-winning plays that they needed to execute at crunch time.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 AM

Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,181 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
IMO, your logic is faulty though. Good teams find ways to win those games. I don't think it is at all fair to infer that the OSU and Boise wins were luck. It is not really luck.

Good teams seem to have a lot of what seems like luck, but IMO, it is not really luck, it is more just sort of being fundamentally sound/prepared/being able to put yourself in a position to win.

I refuse to believe that any of Archie's NCAAT wins can be attributed to luck.

Those teams put themselves in a position to win those games and performed like champions, in executing the game-winning plays that they needed to execute at crunch time.
Both OSU and Syracuse had last second shots to beat us. If either one of those shots goes in we're not celebrating a Sweet Sixteen, let alone an Elite Eight. Sure, we put ourselves in a position to win, but I would say there was definitely some luck involved in those shots not going in. We were also lucky when the refs didn't call a foul on us on Boise State's last shot. That situation results in a foul call many times whether a foul is actually committed or not.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:12 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,882 Times in 978 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Both OSU and Syracuse had last second shots to beat us. If either one of those shots goes in we're not celebrating a Sweet Sixteen, let alone an Elite Eight. Sure, we put ourselves in a position to win, but I would say there was definitely some luck involved in those shots not going in. We were also lucky when the refs didn't call a foul on us on Boise State's last shot. That situation results in a foul call many times whether a foul is actually committed or not.
IMO you make your own luck. Many games come down to who makes the crucial plays down the stretch. The Flyers made them and the opponents didn't. We could look back on close wins or losses and say the same thing, but the bottom line is you either make the plays down the stretch to win a game or you don't.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (11-14-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 10:02 AM

Is this a joke? Archie is pertinent to Dayton basketball. Why is this "moved"? And the Crosby thread "closed". Some of these moderators need reeled in.
flyerfanatic86 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 03:47 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to beholdFlyer 79 is a splendid one to behold
Appreciate you moving my post on our former coach's debut against a potential upcoming opponent. That saves more valuable space for the Brian Kollars post that's based on a faulty premise.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer 79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ChrisInVenice (11-12-2017), jack72 (11-13-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 04:20 PM
Just off the Jet

ChrisInVenice will become famous soon enoughChrisInVenice will become famous soon enough
Moving this thread is a total head scratcher.