Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Observations and questions after first month . . .

1. Team: Like the attitude and hustle. Defensive rebounding has been solid. Foul shooting and 3 point shooting need to get better. (Captain Obvious, I know).
2. Jordan Davis: Speaking of three point shooting . . . I think this is a rough slump. I like the fact the kid honored his commitment to UD after Archie left. Stuck through a tough freshman year with all the drama. Let's reciprocate and stick with him. I think the shots will start falling soon.
3. Dwayne Cohill: Again, not great results but the kid has played 7 games. He looks like he has potential and skills. Hard for some to understand, but UD is not going to get NBA ready "one and done" recruits. Development is key.
4. Frankie: Redshirt didn't make sense to me (unless there was some behind the scenes issue). Need bodies this year, so hopefully we can ramp up his minutes. Plus, it had to be demoralizing riding the pines while your teammates are shorthanded. Let's see what he's got. Find out now because we have more bodies coming in next year.
5. Toppin: I would like to see the coaching staff push him to be more aggressive crashing the offensive glass. I know we aren't deep, but he's only committing one or two personal fouls a game. Don't want to commit dumb fouls, but having a big leave two or three fouls in the bank is not helpful. Also wan't to see his mid-range game (10 foot turnaround, etc) before we raise his jersey to the rafter. But he looks like he could be special if he works hard.
6. Crutcher: Generally very impressive. Looks like he works on his game and continues to improve.

Hopefully, the team outside shooting improves. We'll need it to become a legit NCAA tourney team. Even if it doesn't this year, we should be able to bludgeon must of the A10 with the strong front line.

Heading in the right direction and expecting continued improvement.
Mad Props to 312to937 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-02-2018)
Advertisement