Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Captain

sopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud ofsopaw10 has much to be proud of
Road Tickets

I am planning on traveling from Cleveland to Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks to see the Flyers play on the road versus Duquesne. As I have never purchased tickets for a road game, I am seekin some advice.

What is the best way to purchase my tickets and be assured of sitting among some of the Flyer Faithful?

Any helpful hints or advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Go Flyers!
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sopaw10 View Post
I am planning on traveling from Cleveland to Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks to see the Flyers play on the road versus Duquesne. As I have never purchased tickets for a road game, I am seekin some advice.

What is the best way to purchase my tickets and be assured of sitting among some of the Flyer Faithful?

Thanks in advance.

Go Flyers!
PM MrFlyerFanatic and see if they have any through Ideal Travel.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,887 Times in 644 Posts
dnutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sopaw10 View Post

Thanks in advance.

Go Flyers!
You can call the Arena Ticket Office because they usually have some for away games (in the same section as other UD fans). I will tell you, though, that Mason had UD fans scattered throughout the four corners of the building (high up). And there were only 2,000 or so fans in a building that holds 10K!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

ud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of light
Unless the venue is sold-out, I think your best bet is to buy tickets at the gate. I've been to several away games for UD, and the other schools always allocate the visiting schools seats far away -- "High in the rafters". True, you won't be sitting near UD fans, but if I'm going to a game, I'd rather be as close to the court as possible.

So only go through the UD ticket office if you think the game will be sold out to be assured that you'll have a ticket. For the Duquesne game, I doubt the game will be sold out.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,944 Times in 2,941 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Palumbo Center is pretty much "festival seating" so no one is gonna give you any grief if you move down--or up. Just don't sit near the Duquesne student section--they are obnoxious and obscene...on a good day. Ironically, the Dukes version of the Red Scare was founded by a UD grad.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:17 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Duquesne tickets

MrsFF has 52 Road Warriors making the trip.
The game is being played at the CONSOL Energy Center (UD website says Palumbo, Duquesne site says CONSOL). There will be plenty of seats available and plenty of opportunity to move near fellow Flyers.
Contacting the UD ticket office is always a safe starting point. Yes, opposing teams often stick visiting fans in the rafters (as does UD for some opponents). Regardless, the arena seats 19,100 for basketball and Duquesne is currently 10-12. Plenty of opportunities to relocate. I checked the ticketmaster site to see available seats. The highest level is closed, but there are plenty of seats available.
Mad Props to MrFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
dnutz77 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 01:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
The game is being played at the CONSOL Energy Center (UD website says Palumbo, Duquesne site says CONSOL). There will be plenty of seats available and plenty of opportunity to move near fellow Flyers.
Contacting the UD ticket office is always a safe starting point. Yes, opposing teams often stick visiting fans in the rafters (as does UD for some opponents). Regardless, the arena seats 19,100 for basketball and Duquesne is currently 10-12. Plenty of opportunities to relocate. I checked the ticketmaster site to see available seats. The highest level is closed, but there are plenty of seats available.
I picked up very good seats on the Duquesne side, in fact I am hoping to pick up a few minutes of garbage PT in a UD blow out.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:52 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up opportunities

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I picked up very good seats on the Duquesne side, in fact I am hoping to pick up a few minutes of garbage PT in a UD blow out.
If you have any musical talent, their pep band can usually use some help.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:58 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
No way there will be even 5,000 at the game (usually UD fans outnumber Duquesne fans). Why they are playing at CONSOL is a mystery to me. Tickets at the gate will be not problem at all.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,887 Times in 644 Posts
dnutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
No way there will be even 5,000 at the game (usually UD fans outnumber Duquesne fans). Why they are playing at CONSOL is a mystery to me. Tickets at the gate will be not problem at all.
Playing at CONSOL to drain the loud UD fans out!!!! Let's make it a home game for the Flyers!!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:03 PM

Thanked 9,814 Times in 4,075 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dnutz77 View Post
Playing at CONSOL to drain the loud UD fans out!!!! Let's make it a home game for the Flyers!!
Too bad last time I visited there we got routed...
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Last time I rode the bus over I was hungover for 2 days. We won. Outstanding trip.