User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-18-2014, 09:07 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Well - last year there was no suspense.
Do you remember last year?
No bubble . . .
No Nit . . .
Nada.

Baby steps . . .

Baby steps? We have been taking tortoise steps since 1984
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-19-2014)
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2014, 05:54 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but the link I'm seeing shows 8 teams between Dayton and the Bubble Burst line?

The Dance Card site has been updated for games played through Sunday, Feb. 16:

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

The Flyers dropped eight spots by not playing, and are now the last team in.
Let's see if a win over La Salle helps their cause (we don't want to know what a loss would do).

Flyer 86 (02-19-2014)
Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
The only loss that would be "acceptable" would be in St. Louis. Trying to be objective, my feeling is that, even if we win the other games, a loss at St. Joes will seriously hurt our chances and require making it to the finals of the A10 tournament.
A win against St Joe's gets us much closer to THE tournament than other wins by other bubble teams IMO. That's assuming the other projected wins and losses ( SLU) goes to plan.

This next game could be the tournament deciding game for us, and I hope the players know that. I'm sure ARchie and Staff are pumping them up with that information.

Can't wait to go to Brooklyn to see a couple or more GREAT games!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:21 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
Can't wait to go to Brooklyn to see a couple or more GREAT games!
What I wouldn't give for a run in Brooklyn...I am tired of making the trip to the A10, only to turn around to head back to Dayton feeling like I got kicked in the boys repeatedly.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 12:26 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
the last time the Flyers made noise at the A10 tourney was when the went to the final against Richmond. However, in that game it was obvious from the start that the Spiders were far superior and that UD was not going to win that day.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
I was proud that year (believe 2011) we went to the finals after a subpar conference season. However, I find it utterly disappointing that we've been to 1 conference finals that was held outside UD Arena. MCC 1990, A10 2003, 2004.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:45 AM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
What I wouldn't give for a run in Brooklyn...I am tired of making the trip to the A10, only to turn around to head back to Dayton feeling like I got kicked in the boys repeatedly.
I have a twenty five mile trip Shocka.
This is a year I feel fairly confident we can take names later and make some noise!

(Get balls kicked in perhaps the third or fourth game against the likes of Billikens or VCU perhaps)
Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,887 Times in 644 Posts
dnutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond reputednutz77 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
I was proud that year (believe 2011) we went to the finals after a subpar conference season. However, I find it utterly disappointing that we've been to 1 conference finals that was held outside UD Arena. MCC 1990, A10 2003, 2004.
Agree Buster, but I think the MCC championship was in the Arena??!! Thought UD demolished Xavier that year (Negele senior year)??
Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
All going to depend on getting adequate to good play from the BIGS. This entire team is a top 25 team with that said.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb That is what he is saying!

Originally Posted by dnutz77 View Post
Agree Buster, but I think the MCC championship was in the Arena??!! Thought UD demolished Xavier that year (Negele senior year)??
That's what Buster is saying, that UD got to finals in only conference tourneys held at the UD Arena...(against Richmond in Atlantic City not-withstanding).
Old 02-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
The last two years UD was in the MCC the tournament was not at UD Arena. It was at UD in 89, 90, and 91. It was in Cincinnati in 92 and I believe Indy in 93. UD beat X in the finals in 1990, 98-89.

Last edited by longtimefan; 02-20-2014 at 01:20 PM..