Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-31-2017, 06:24 PM
Captain

udflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant futureudflyerhoops2 has a brilliant future
2020 Recruiting Thread

Coach Grant keeping busy and offers the 1st 2020 scolarship to Our Savior Lutheran sophomore Posh Alexander. 3 star 6-2 PG from New York.

https://verbalcommits.com/players/posh-alexander
Mad Props to udflyerhoops2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-31-2017)
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2017, 06:57 PM
Colonel

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Ethan Knopp‏ @EHoopsOhio Jun 21
More
'20 G Zeb Jackson of Maumee Valley HS currently holds offers from Akron and Toledo, along with interest from Dayton, Duquesne, Ohio State.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 4,352 Times in 1,156 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Devontae Blanton‏ @devontaeblanton 26m26 minutes ago
More
Bless to say I've received my third offer from Dayton University!

UD's 2nd 2020 Offer... 6'4" Wing from St. Ed's
Old 09-14-2017, 09:44 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Sid Louick is a splendid one to beholdSid Louick is a splendid one to beholdSid Louick is a splendid one to beholdSid Louick is a splendid one to beholdSid Louick is a splendid one to beholdSid Louick is a splendid one to beholdSid Louick is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Devontae Blanton‏ @devontaeblanton 26m26 minutes ago
More
Bless to say I've received my third offer from Dayton University!

UD's 2nd 2020 Offer... 6'4" Wing from St. Ed's
He has three years to learn that it is UD not DU.
Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
He has three years to learn that it is UD not DU.
Don't worry: C-time will tweet at him with a correction.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (09-15-2017), IndianaFlyer (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,089 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikef View Post
don't worry: C-time will tweet at him with a correction.
How dare you say that! I would never break the #1 rule of fan recruiting twitter.

Don't Tweet the Recruits!!!!!!

Last edited by C-time; 09-15-2017 at 11:28 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
IndianaFlyer (09-15-2017), m21eagle45 (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 02:15 PM
2nd Lieutenant

shwag33 is a jewel in the roughshwag33 is a jewel in the roughshwag33 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
How dare you say that! I would never break the #1 rule of fan recruiting twitter.

Don't Tweet the Recruits!!!!!!

I don't tweet, but you're fighting a losing battle, to the point I'm not sure why you care. This is like going 1/4 of a mile over the speed limit.

Until the NCAA decides to enforce it, it's not a real rule. If they did decide to enforce it, it would be someone with a huge profile and it would be the leading story.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shwag33 View Post
I don't tweet, but you're fighting a losing battle, to the point I'm not sure why you care. This is like going 1/4 of a mile over the speed limit.

Until the NCAA decides to enforce it, it's not a real rule. If they did decide to enforce it, it would be someone with a huge profile and it would be the leading story.
This is serious business and I will win the battle. I'm compiling a list of all UD people that tweet at the recruits and submitting it to the NCAA and will demand action immediately!!! UD is an institution of high character and we will win without cheating or even coming close to bending the rules!!!

2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (09-15-2017), TX Flyer (09-15-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 07:20 PM
2nd Lieutenant

shwag33 is a jewel in the roughshwag33 is a jewel in the roughshwag33 is a jewel in the rough
This is serious business and I will win the battle. I'm compiling a list of all UD people that tweet at the recruits and submitting it to the NCAA and will demand action immediately!!! UD is an institution of high character and we will win without cheating or even coming close to bending the rules!!!

You should do it for X and other A10 teams... leave UD out of it!
Old 09-15-2017, 07:25 PM
Colonel

MikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant futureMikeF has a brilliant future

Fact: tweeting at recruits is a component of "alumni involvement" which goes toward improving UD's U.S. News & World Report rankings. This is quite the quandary.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeF For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (09-15-2017), CE80 (09-16-2017)
Old 09-15-2017, 07:52 PM
1st Lieutenant

TX Flyer is a splendid one to beholdTX Flyer is a splendid one to beholdTX Flyer is a splendid one to beholdTX Flyer is a splendid one to beholdTX Flyer is a splendid one to beholdTX Flyer is a splendid one to beholdTX Flyer is a splendid one to behold
tweeting a recruit as a fan is stupid, pure and simple
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TX Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (09-16-2017), C-time (09-15-2017), flyerfanatic86 (09-21-2017)
Old 09-16-2017, 09:57 AM

Thanked 2,061 Times in 999 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
tweeting a recruit as a fan is stupid, pure and simple
Especially recruits we just lost/going to lose and begging/kissing up to them. One of the many reasons i like whomever runs the Blackburn Review Twitter account, he wears out folks who do this.
C-time (09-16-2017), TX Flyer (09-16-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 12:53 AM
Major

CvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud of
A name to remember is Zeb Jackson a 5'9" sophomore pt. guard from Maumee Valley Country Day high school near Toledo, Oh. He was a freshman phenom last year scoring over 40 pts. in several games. Many of his 3 pointers were made from 5 to 7 feet beyond the arc ala Jimmer Friedette from BYU several years back but he has true point guard skills passing and the ability to get to the basket.

Check him out on youtube.com! Kudos to Anthony Grant and his assistants on their ability to spot outstanding talent!

OSU Flyer posted on August 6th that he has several offers and interest from Dayton but this past Sunday, October 1st he took an unofficial visit to UD.

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 10-03-2017 at 01:08 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-03-2017), Runnin' Rebel (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 01:51 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,330 Times in 612 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Zen just took an unofficial visit to UD this past weekend
Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,497 Times in 815 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Very skilled player for a freshman. He certainly doesn't hesitate to shoot the ball; that is for sure. I like the way he shoots off the dribble. That combined with his quickness makes him very hard to guard. By the time he is a junior, the whole country will be looking at this kid.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Major

CvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud ofCvilleFlyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Very skilled player for a freshman. He certainly doesn't hesitate to shoot the ball; that is for sure. I like the way he shoots off the dribble. That combined with his quickness makes him very hard to guard. By the time he is a junior, the whole country will be looking at this kid.
Sounds like you are describing McKinley Wright and he would be here but for the change of events this past March with Archie leaving. McKinley stated that UD was one of the first to offer him and he honored that relationship even when power 5 schools started calling. Even though it didn't work out because he is now at Colorado I thought it was pretty cool that he chose UD over his home team Minnesota.

I agree that by the time Zeb is a junior, the whole country will be looking at this kid and I hope, by that time, he has a relationship started with AG and his assistants and decides UD is the place for him.
Old 10-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Lieutenant General

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Multiple 2020 recruits visited this weekend:

Zach Fleer‏ @ZachFleer270 Oct 13
'20 Walnut Ridge WF Von Cameron Davis is visiting Dayton this weekend

Zach Fleer‏ @ZachFleer270 Oct 13
'20 Walnut Ridge PG Qian Magwood is visiting Dayton this weekend. Magwood is a big-time lead guard on both ends of the floor

Zach Fleer‏ @ZachFleer270 5h5 hours ago
'20 Hilliard Bradley wing Chris Mayfield is visiting Dayton today
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-16-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-15-2017), San Diego Flyer (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Dave Mirgon‏ @DMirgon 41m41 minutes ago
2020 Mid Ohio Pumas team on unofficial visit to University of Dayton today Younkin, Whisman, Pugh, Loveday, McCreary and Mayfield #together

Grant Whisman is big time... I believe so is Pugh but he might be 2021
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (10-16-2017), jack72 (10-16-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Zach Loveday according to Ohiohoops.org, 2020 #1 player in Ohio
Old 10-16-2017, 05:16 PM

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
I hope all of you are aware that this years recruiting class does not have 1 player rated in the top 200, that is not good recruiting on Archie's part, Anthony was forced to get 2 players at the last minute so do not get your expectations very high for this year!!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:35 PM

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Shawnee2 View Post
I hope all of you are aware that this years recruiting class does not have 1 player rated in the top 200, that is not good recruiting on Archie's part, Anthony was forced to get 2 players at the last minute so do not get your expectations very high for this year!!
Both Matt Mobley and Jaylen Adams of SBU were rated 2 prior to their college careers. In fact SBU has an average recruiting rating of 2.2 and many are predicting them at the top of the A 10 this year. You just never know!
Old 10-16-2017, 06:13 PM

Thanked 4,258 Times in 2,104 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
By this years class, are you referring to 2020?
Old 10-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Major

Jeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant futureJeff has a brilliant future
Party pooper.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:13 AM

Thanked 4,747 Times in 2,192 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Agree on the new recruits, but we do have two Top 100 players in other classes.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,187 Times in 584 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, thanks for the tip. All this time I've based my expectations on subjective ratings by basketball wannabe's. Especially after witnessing a couple of Elite 8 appearances while beating team after team of top 100, top 50, and top 25 players.

Just unloaded my season tickets after 33 years...whew!
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 05:27 PM

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Radar I apologize if I offended you or diminished your enthusiasm but AG wins 17 games this year he will have had a very successful first year!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2017, 05:34 PM

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Radar I apologize if I offended you or diminished your enthusiasm but AG wins 17 games this year he will have had a very successful first year!!!!!!!!!!!
By this year, do you mean 2010?
Old 10-17-2017, 05:37 PM

2017-18 season did I not make myself clear sorry??
Old 10-17-2017, 06:00 PM

2017-18 season did I not make myself clear sorry??
No you didn't. It was very confusing because this was a thread about 2020 recruiting and nobody was talking at all about their expectations for the 2017-18 team in this thread until you posted. I don't understand why you saw it necessary to bring it up out of the blue - the need to temper expectations about the current season in a thread about recruiting for the 2020 class.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (10-18-2017), m21eagle45 (10-17-2017)
Old 10-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Lieutenant General

Ray Harper is really confused by this thread and as we all know he is a savant who can figure out anything!

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic of RECRUITS FROM THE CLASS OF 2020.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:05 PM

Sorry again CE80 but when the 2020 class comes to play I probably will not be here for you to kick around.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Major

flyerfan4life is just really niceflyerfan4life is just really niceflyerfan4life is just really niceflyerfan4life is just really niceflyerfan4life is just really nice
Sorry again CE80 but when the 2020 class comes to play I probably will not be here for you to kick around.
Why don't you just leave the board now and rip the bandaid off?
Old 10-18-2017, 09:57 AM

Whoa is me?

You call questioning why someone would bring up that they believe this season's team is going to disappoint many in a thread about a recruiting class 3 years down the road - kicking you around? OK. Sure.