UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2010 Match Threads

2010 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 AM
1st Lieutenant

cicvi17 has a spectacular aura aboutcicvi17 has a spectacular aura about
GW Thread

Just a heads up, once again Flyer TV will be broadcasting this match. That means Mandy and I are audio-only, just as we are on road games. The CBS College Sports video stream will be Flyer TV and their student announcers.

I'm working on trying to figure out how to unify the product if Flyer TV does another match so that we don't have two separate broadcasts of the same event. I understand the desire to have students broadcast the games and matches (after all, that's how I got started - doing the non-revenue sports for Flyer Radio) and maybe tomorrow's broadcasters will surprise everyone, but I'm guessing the better insight and commentary will come from the former player and the broadcaster who's followed the team all year.
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,363 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Last time this happened, I missed the video because they took the link off the write-up story on df.com. Later I noticed there was a link to video on the schedule page. Does anyone know if this is how you connect to Flyer TV?

Thanks!

And Mike, I have 2 computers so I'm planning on one with the video if I can get it with the volume turned down and your audio on the other - with Gametracker on the screen. I actually hooked up a computer to the 42" flat screen a couple years ago, so when I get video, it's nice to see it on the big screen lounging on the sofa instead of at a desk. Highly recommend it. lol.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Leaving Winchester Va. hoping to make the game tonight....kinda important to me for the pink game. Got a unwanted call from the Doc's office and must see my Primary Care Doc Monday at 9:30 and the Urologist at 2:30 same day so this could be my last live games this season. Looking for another "W" and a full fun day Saturday. Go Flyers!

I have turned in the video portion and disabled the audio then listened with audio of \Mike and Mandy on another web browser. Worked fine.

For the Men:
For the old fogies out there like me, don't wait till you have symptoms before seeing your Doc. As I found out a little late high blood pressure and prostate don't always have symptoms.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Hope to see you at the game! I'll be there with several freshman high school players who haven't seen college vball before.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:39 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Travel safe Avid and take care of what needs to be taken care of next week.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 10-22-2010 at 06:58 PM..
Old 10-22-2010, 07:00 PM

It's pretty much game time and I don't have any Mike & Mandy. I got 20 minutes of the students talking about what's going to happen with the broadcast - and they didn't know we could hear them.

I hope video is ok.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:05 PM
Captain

HansMoleman has a spectacular aura aboutHansMoleman has a spectacular aura aboutHansMoleman has a spectacular aura about
I can't tell from the video but is Paige wearing wrist braces or just padding?
Old 10-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I think they are just some of those really wide sweatbands. I'm pretty sure she runs them all the time.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 PM

Hey Hans! Paige has worn those all year. I'm not sure what they are. I wondered if maybe they help her "feel" for passing. Not sure if she wears them when she is in the long sleeve jerseys??? Can't tell on video and I didn't notice at MN or NE if they were under the sleeves. Then again they could be just a bandage-type wrap. I'm pretty sure it is not an injury, since she's had them all year.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 PM

GW got the coaches' preseason votes to finish 3rd, but I'd say they are behind X and SLU and maybe Duq and Char?

We got better as the match progressed, but this was never in doubt. Way to take care of business ladies!
Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Congrats to the two students that did this broadcast. From what I heard, they did a very nice job and were both professional in their delivery.

All that aside, for a fan it's somewhat painful to watch. Something is wrong with the feed in that it's not in sync with the video. The students (I'm sure they had no idea this was the case) were basically 2 plays behind the video feed all match.

The other thing is you can not turn off the audio with the video portal. I could do it with two computers, and listen to Mike and Mandy, who were either in sync with the video or just a play behind all night. It wasn't bad. But if you had just one computer, you would have had to make a choice and with the student's 2 plays behind, honestly, I think I would have chosen Mike and Mandy with Gametracker. Glad I didn't have to make the choice.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
GW is a well coached team. They ran a nice quick offense and covered the court well. This would have been a much closer match last year
Old 10-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
GW had very good side and they looked like a solid ball club. I thought they did a REALLY nice job of moving the ball around quickly and playing fairly fast. They spiked quickly.

We didnt block real well early on, but I thought the first set was marked by tremendous digging by the Flyers. We were digging out some serious kill attempts that might have been points given on another night. Our dig defense was about as good as Ive seen it this year in that first set, and that helped negate net defense that (for us anyway) not up to our standard.

I also thought athletically we were better. Same with depth.

I think we smoked a pretty darn good team. GW had a higher RPI than Xavier, folks. And it wasn't even close. Do I think GW is better than XU? No. I still think UD, XU, and SLU are the three best teams when it counts.

IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT TO BE A FLYER. 3-0 Sweep by MSOC, WSOC, and VBALl.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 AM

We scored 65 of our 75 points last night. We were dictating what happened in this match, scoring our own points versus picking up points off your opponent's error and that's outstanding.

We also limited our errors to 12 (4.0/set) and when you are under 5/set it's very good.

And Chris is right about our digs last night. We out-dug GW 60-42. And they came from every backrow position. Paige 20, Amanda 15, Kray-Tiff 11, Jess 8 and Bro 6. That's as good a dig stat line as you can get. Excellent job against the leagues highest kills/set hitter (Whyte).