UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 11:35 AM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
A thought for watching the games on television this weekend ...

Marquette plays Auburn on Friday and it will be broadcasted by the Big East Network and SNY ... the same two that will broadcast the UD Game on Saturday.

So in the coming days if we can do some research and see if you can

A - Pay for a one game use of the Big East Network to watch on your computer or cable provider.

B - Find a bar with either Big East, WHIO, TWC Sports or SNY.

Also for the Auburn game ... will they have a video feed? I HAVE to believe there will be a video camera in this arena for the game ... we just need to find out the link to watch it.
Advertisement
Old 11-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I thought we played Auburn on Friday and Marquette on Saturday. I think Auburn plays Northern Iowa on Saturday.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:47 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IAFlyer View Post
I thought we played Auburn on Friday and Marquette on Saturday. I think Auburn plays Northern Iowa on Saturday.
We do!
Old 11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Colonel

as_4 will become famous soon enough
I would also like to use this thread for gamewatches.

Anyone going to a bar in Cincinnati to watch Marquette game?
Old 11-26-2008, 12:44 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
Whoever Marquette plays on Friday is broadcasted on the same networks the UD game is on.

So we need to be on the lookout for Marquette's friday game and find ways to watch it via bar or internet ... so we know by Saturday.

As far as the Auburn game goes, after work today I will do some research ... there HAS to be a way to watch it.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Marquette plays Northern Iowa on Friday.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,770 Times in 934 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
I had heard that SNY is a channel included in the direct TV sports package.

If this is the case, can't you go to any bar with that package and ask them to throw in on a TV for you??

That is what me and my fellow Flyers out here in HI are doing Saturday, GO UD!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
I read on a thread earlier that the Auburn game was on channel 7-2 (whio weather channel). Was I dreaming?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
No that guy set that game up for a epic fail. We need to change this thread name to a thought for watching the UM game.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,167 Times in 5,895 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
I had heard that SNY is a channel included in the direct TV sports package.

If this is the case, can't you go to any bar with that package and ask them to throw in on a TV for you??

That is what me and my fellow Flyers out here in HI are doing Saturday, GO UD!
Where is HI? Is it on Direct TV sports package everywhere? I live in Cincinnati.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:16 AM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Drive to Chicago?

Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post
. . . As far as the Auburn game goes, after work today I will do some research ... there HAS to be a way to watch it.
I don't see anyone listing a video feed for the Auburn game.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:56 AM

Yeah I saw that too.

I checked Auburn's site a couple of video hacker sites and of course UD's site ... it looks like the people in the arena will only know the outcome of the game.

I tried guys.

Last chance is channelsurfing.net ... I will check the list tomorrow morning.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:31 PM
1st Lieutenant

GlassCityFlyer will become famous soon enough
I know this is a long shot but if anyone is living in Madison Wisconsin and happens to have one of these channels Id love to watch the game with you! Ill buy beer!
Old 11-27-2008, 12:34 PM

masonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to behold
I just checked the channel guide. SNY, channel 639 on Direct TV, is showing no games in Chicago Friday. They are rebroadcasting the Marquette - Northern Iowa game at 4:00 Saturday and showing the UD game at 8:00. I couldn't find the Big East Network - Is it on Directv?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:35 AM

I take it Auburn has no feed anywhere?
Old 11-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post
I take it Auburn has no feed anywhere?
I was just on the Auburn website, and it appears that there is a link to the game tonight.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Swish:

All I am seeing is an audio feed:

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/...kbl-sched.html
Old 11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
Now that I looked at it a second time, it may just be audio, I'm not sure.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Colonel

You're right Swampy. And I was getting all excited there for a minute. Oh well.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
It's kinda confusing...if you keep scrolling down, you get to listing for the Auburn/Bethune Cookman game and there is a video link for that.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Major

bigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to behold
This blows! I can't believe this game is not on anywhere!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 PM

I checked channelsurfing just a minute ago and it is not on. WWE Smackdown is on, but not UD/Auburn ...

If any of you are computer guys and know of any really random sites that give out video feeds, let us know. Otherwise it looks like no one will witness the Win.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,770 Times in 934 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Where is HI? Is it on Direct TV sports package everywhere? I live in Cincinnati.
HI are the state initials for Hawaii. It is on Direct TV if you have the sport package, anywhere. The channel is 639. My fellow Chaminade University of Honolulu exchange students and I will be going to a local sports bar to cheer on our Flyers. But first, BEAT AURBURN!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikeymo85 View Post
I read on a thread earlier that the Auburn game was on channel 7-2 (whio weather channel). Was I dreaming?
No I read the same thing
Old 11-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,196 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
There is NO video for tonight's game. It's Larry and Bucky...just like old times!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:56 PM
1st Lieutenant

PinehurstFlyer will become famous soon enough
Actually, "old times" for me would be hoping to pick up a score during the scoreboard portion of some other team's game. When I lived in Virginia, I could get a very faint reception on my car radio if I drove to the top of Afton mountain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afton_Mountain
Old 11-28-2008, 03:04 PM

masonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to beholdmasonflyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PinehurstFlyer View Post
Actually, "old times" for me would be hoping to pick up a score during the scoreboard portion of some other team's game. When I lived in Virginia, I could get a very faint reception on my car radio if I drove to the top of Afton mountain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afton_Mountain
I remember a VA Tech game one year where a signal came in and out sporadically. Other than that there were few times to even listen to a game. We are pretty lucky to have what we have now. At least we can listen to the games that video isn't streamed.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:22 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,595 Times in 5,091 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a mile from the Sears Center and I'll do my best to give you a summary of the game from a fellow Flyers standpoint afterward. I don't think they will let me sneak my laptop in there. Haha.

I'll probably stick around to watch Marquette and Northern Iowa, so it will be late.

Last edited by Fudd; 11-28-2008 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Major

Iguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by as_4 View Post
I would also like to use this thread for gamewatches.

Anyone going to a bar in Cincinnati to watch Marquette game?
I think I'm going to try to get Mulligan's to put the game on one of the TVs if I can find people to go. They are usually pretty accommodating.

Tags
gamewatches, television