User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Academy Doolie

allisonv7 is on a distinguished road
Arena upgrade=my seats being eliminated?

Got a call from UD today that my season ticket seats are being eliminated due to the remodel.

The person that called had no other information and was not able to provide any alternatives/options for me.

Did anyone else get a call? Trying to figure out what my options could be.

Last edited by allisonv7; 05-10-2017 at 08:22 PM..
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Captain

Hobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of lightHobopotamus1 is a glorious beacon of light
That seems to have been very poorly handled.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I do not know UD's plan but I expected some sort of reseating program to go along with the remodeling of the arena. If they called you and simply said your seats were being eliminated that is very poor customer service on UD's end.

What they should have said is that we are announcing renovations to UD Arena on Thursday and that your current seats are in a location that will be modified and that you will be given an opportunity to select seats that are comparable to your current seats and donation level. If I were guessing your seats are either at the top of the 200's or bottom of the 300's.

Just be patient and see what they announce, and if you really want to get an answer call and ask to talk specifically to Adam Tschour(Don't ask me to pronounce that). I would also be sure to tell him who you spoke with that only told you that your seats were being eliminated. IMHO that is horrendous customer service on their part.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
allisonv7 (05-10-2017), FLYER5 (05-10-2017), Tony T 71 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allisonv7 View Post
Got a call from UD today that my season ticket seats are being eliminated due to the remodel.

The person that called had no other information and was not able to provide any alternatives/options for me.

Did anyone else get a call? Trying to figure out what my options could be.
I'm curious where your seats are.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
One of the articles stated that some seats may be lost in Sections 202, 211, 214 and 223. I was wondering what they would do with people in those areas. They could have handled that call MUCH better.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:06 PM

wes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to behold
That you got a call that does not make any sense .

Last edited by wes; 05-11-2017 at 12:51 PM..
Old 05-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wes View Post
That you got a call does not make any sense .
A call with good information and a plan to move forward is actually an excellent idea.

A call that only tells you your seats have been eliminated with no other information is inexcusable.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Academy Doolie

I think they were trying to figure out if we would be interested in continuing to be a season ticket holder or if we would be interested in cancelling. I asked about any options I might have but they didn't have any information.

It's definitely a waiting game at this point, which is unfortunate, I'm not a fan of the uncertainty! Seats are in the lower 300s.
Mad Props to allisonv7 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (05-10-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Academy Doolie

Originally Posted by C-time View Post
A call with good information and a plan to move forward is actually an excellent idea.

A call that only tells you your seats have been eliminated with no other information is inexcusable.
Yes, a plan would have been ideal. I'm sure once more information comes out we would have figured out that our seats would be impacted. I'm also certain they'll try to work with us on alternatives, but I wish they would have provided at least some information about their plans for fans like us at the time of the call today.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Lieutenant General

Yes, a plan would have been ideal. I'm sure once more information comes out we would have figured out that our seats would be impacted. I'm also certain they'll try to work with us on alternatives, but I wish they would have provided at least some information about their plans for fans like us at the time of the call today.
Them calling you with no plan is absolutely unacceptable. I'm guessing your name was on a list and they had some intern/student call you which in completely unacceptable if you have been a season ticket holder since the arena opened. I would absolutely call and ask to speak to Adam Tschuor or someone who can actually do something.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Even though it wasn't handled correctly it was better than not receiving a call and realizing your seats were no longer in the concept picture. Nice of ctime to give you contact info
Old 05-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Hello! This is United Airlines Calling

Sounds like they are using the United Customer Service Model.

Sad in this day and age AND the fact that UD relies on their season ticket holders that this was the way it was handled.

In the article it was mentioned that a number of seats would be eliminated. Some in 200 and some in 100 sections.

Looking at the statements made in the article and using a general math calculation they were adding up to 384 up-scale seats (between club boxes and terrace boxes) and yet all said and done the total seating would be reduced by 5 (13455 to 13450).

So you knew that some existing seats were gone to get to the new total yet adding about 384 new seats rather than adding those 384 to the 13455 number.

When I first read the article my first question was, What happens to those preexisting seats and the fans in them?

The answer so far .... you get the shaft and the United Customer Service response.

Come on UD act like a premier organization that you claim to be rather than a hay seed one.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Even though it wasn't handled correctly it was better than not receiving a call and realizing your seats were no longer in the concept picture. Nice of ctime to give you contact info
UD has known about this situation long before the call. You tell me they can't have a plan/response in place before the f'in call. Come on! Using the excuse well its' better than not receiving a call is third grade stuff. Not having made a call is not a plan or indicative of any thought process on UD's part.

Having the call sequence they did provide is only mildly better than no plan at all.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:35 PM
Academy Doolie

fuz_forward is a jewel in the roughfuz_forward is a jewel in the roughfuz_forward is a jewel in the rough
Have you read this? http://transformudarena.com/pages/se...sked-questions

Relocation for those displaced due to renovation
Though we anticipate very few season ticket holders to be displaced due to their seats being removed as a result of construction, a handful will be affected. Reasons for such relocation center around our need for greater accessibility and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) seating. Our first priority will be to present appropriate options to all those affected by any such occasion.

approximately 400 seats are going to be affected
Old 05-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
3%

is more than "a hand full".
Old 05-11-2017, 02:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Folks: I understand that some people may be displaced by these plans, but these plans are going to create one of the finest basketball venues in the country. Displacement occurs when progress is made, sorry. One other point - we don't own the seats; we own the tickets. When the seats change, the tickets change. I'll take the new plans any day over some desired seat. The whole place is going to be so improved that you will forget about your old seat the first time you enter and watch a game in the new venue. If we desire a nationally competitive team in a superb NCAA venue, then these changes are necessary. I totally applaud the administration's commitment to something that keeps my and your university on the national map.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bob G (05-11-2017), ChampCar (05-12-2017), Fairways & Greens (05-11-2017), fuz_forward (05-11-2017), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 05:07 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Folks: I understand that some people may be displaced by these plans, but these plans are going to create one of the finest basketball venues in the country. Displacement occurs when progress is made, sorry. One other point - we don't own the seats; we own the tickets. When the seats change, the tickets change. I'll take the new plans any day over some desired seat. The whole place is going to be so improved that you will forget about your old seat the first time you enter and watch a game in the new venue. If we desire a nationally competitive team in a superb NCAA venue, then these changes are necessary. I totally applaud the administration's commitment to something that keeps my and your university on the national map.
Must be nice to not lose your seats
Old 05-11-2017, 06:10 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
If instead of renovating they built a new arena would everyone be losing their seats? Anyone who is displaced has several options as to where to have new seats. It is virtually impossible to renovate and keep every existing seat in the same place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2017, 06:20 PM

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
ADA is driving most if not all of the seat relocation exceptions. Just be thankful you dont have paraplegia or muscular dystrophy and simply moving a couple rows up or down is your bigger Mein Kampf moment. For others, your problem is their unimaginable wish.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (05-12-2017), Muckem333 (05-12-2017), UD62 (05-11-2017), UDGutter2 (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 11:34 PM
2nd Lieutenant

udfanatic has a spectacular aura aboutudfanatic has a spectacular aura about
Those people being dislocated from the 200s and bottom 300s should be offered the first few rows of the new 300s and move the rest of the people up a row behind them. This would have a minor impact on the rest of the people in the upper deck, me included, but would offer at least a solid seat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to udfanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
DickB 309 (05-12-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Look they are doubling the seat license and I'm sure there will be some that will say enough is enough. With all the upgrades maybe we're going conference shopping.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 AM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
Look they are doubling the seat license and I'm sure there will be some that will say enough is enough.
Not true.

http://transformudarena.com/pages/ar...rogram-and-map
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-12-2017), Muckem333 (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 12:27 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
I think they were trying to figure out if we would be interested in continuing to be a season ticket holder or if we would be interested in cancelling. I asked about any options I might have but they didn't have any information.

It's definitely a waiting game at this point, which is unfortunate, I'm not a fan of the uncertainty! Seats are in the lower 300s.
This sounds like a logical unofficial show of hands who's of the mind set of "same seats or no seats". They can't just assume that every single season ticket holder having their seat eliminated is willing to move to another seat.

By doing an unofficial phone survey of those that will be losing their seat probably helps them devise plans for relocation.

Now, the problem is if it is what I'm projecting, then they should make that clear. The fact you were left confused and most likely stressed after the phone call means they didn't execute it properly, regardless of what they were trying to do and for whatever purpose. Typical in this day and age though.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
I was told that options have been mailed out when I asked a someone from the university yesterday. I find it strange that someone actually called you on the day the arena transformation was announced. Sounds like a prank my brother or one on my _avier friends would play on me. I am in a section impacted and did not receive a call.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:24 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
http://transformudarena.com/pages/se...sked-questions
Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (05-12-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 07:10 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
While this is 100% true, if you are one to lose your seats that you have had for many years, I can't knock an emotional response from one who was displaced. I completely agree with your post, but if I were moved, I would be frustrated as well.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:04 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
During the last addition of ADA seating, my seats were relocated. I was sad because they were "my father's seats" (he died at age 51 in 1975), and I felt like I was losing a tangible connection to him. So I understand how the displaced feel this time around.

The Arena staff worked with me on alternatives as I selected my next location, which is comparable, and I am certain they will work as hard in reseating this group. Give the process a chance. I enjoy the games as much as I ever did, and the connection I feel to my father in the Arena wasn't really those seats, it is UD Basketball.

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 05-15-2017 at 08:06 AM..
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Big Rob (05-15-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (05-15-2017), fuz_forward (05-15-2017), keats '91 (05-15-2017), NYCFLYER (05-15-2017), Runnin' Rebel (05-15-2017), shocka43 (05-15-2017), superfan99 (05-15-2017), The Fly (05-15-2017), TXFlyerFan (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
During the last addition of ADA seating, my seats were relocated. I was sad because they were "my father's seats" (he died at age 51 in 1975), and I felt like I was losing a tangible connection to him. So I understand how the displaced feel this time around.

The Arena staff worked with me on alternatives as I selected my next location, which is comparable, and I am certain they will work as hard in reseating this group. Give the process a chance. I enjoy the games as much as I ever did, and the connection I feel to my father in the Arena wasn't really those seats, it is UD Basketball.
My seats were also relocated when last ADA seats were added. My suggestion is to schedule a time with whoever is handling this and meet them personally. I did and they walked me around the arena to view several options before I made my decision.