User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-15-2015, 04:52 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Assuming Pierre comes back, who's place in the starting lineup will he take? Or will he....start?

This might have already been beat to death in the other thread, but I gave up reading that one....
Advertisement
Old 11-15-2015, 05:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
My guess is, he'll probably need at least a game or 2 to get his "sea legs" back, but probably Cooke will lose that spot in the starting lineup. In my mind, Plan B would mean a return to small ball with Steve taking a seat, and Plan C would put Kyle into the second unit. If I had to lay odds, I'd say Plan A is @ 70 %, Plan B would be 25%, and Plan C would be 5%. Of course, how well the team plays with certain players/combos is what really will dictate whose minutes go up or down (and what a refreshing change THAT is from the days of "scripted substitutions").
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Why Archie Gets the Big Bucks

You be coach Archie Miller. You have a promising team with very talented players on the roster. But your best returning player violates University rules and is suspended for the first semester of his senior year. You must practice, define roles, set the substitution rotations and WIN games until the most credentialed player on your team returns. Let's assume that the team is successful. Let's make them undefeated and winner of the Advocare Invitational in Orlando. On December 22 he is eligible to return. As the leader of young men how do you treat the returning player? What message are you sending to all team members with the decisions you make? How many weeks or months will it take the returning player to regain his form and status? What are the expectations of your bosses (a new AD and the President) in the handling of this situation? Do they expect you to support or oppose University decisions?
How do your decisions in this case advance or undermine team unit and achievement in the future? I'm sooo glad it is HIS decision.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-16-2015), LI Flyer (11-15-2015), LI2UD2PA (11-15-2015), Smitty10 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Inquiring minds........:)

Great thoughts---one and all but given what I've heard about AM's thoughts own the matter, I wouldn't expect much (if any) "additional" punishment being levels at the team level!

I fully expect that after DP makes his decision (that he wants to play THIS YEAR and not red shirt-----MY OPINION ONLY) I would expect that given all that DP is doing to stay ready-------he along with the three juniors and Cooke would get most of the minutes & probably start.

Naturally, it does depend on "match ups" with the other teams we are facing---but I fully expect THIS coach to play whomever he believes gives us the very best chance to win and win often----no matter what DP allegedly did or didn't do!
Old 11-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Colonel

udstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
You be coach Archie Miller. You have a promising team with very talented players on the roster. But your best returning player violates University rules and is suspended for the first semester of his senior year. You must practice, define roles, set the substitution rotations and WIN games until the most credentialed player on your team returns. Let's assume that the team is successful. Let's make them undefeated and winner of the Advocare Invitational in Orlando. On December 22 he is eligible to return. As the leader of young men how do you treat the returning player? What message are you sending to all team members with the decisions you make? How many weeks or months will it take the returning player to regain his form and status? What are the expectations of your bosses (a new AD and the President) in the handling of this situation? Do they expect you to support or oppose University decisions?
How do your decisions in this case advance or undermine team unit and achievement in the future? I'm sooo glad it is HIS decision.
It is a very tough decision. However, I'm assuming archie has had an honest discussion with the team, and his stance on the situation. A team is a family, and when Pierre comes back, they will all welcome him back with open arms. Especially since the suspension is bs. In a perfect world, if the team is kicking butt and we need to find a way to work Pierre in off the bench we will. That will be dangerous. If we're lacking in his position on the floor, it will be fantastic to have him starting again.
Old 11-15-2015, 05:43 PM
Captain

31770 is a jewel in the rough31770 is a jewel in the rough31770 is a jewel in the rough
I would think dp won't be starting after coming back, IF he comes back...

After a few games is think the starting lineup would be:
SS 1
KD 2
DP 3
KP 4
SM anchor
Mad Props to 31770 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 06:18 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Pierre isn't practicing right now, correct? I don't think there is any way that he immediately returns as a starter. If I were Archie I would tell him that he needs to beat out one of the three front court starters.

I also don't think that he will be in the best of shape either.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:24 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
I have no idea what that means referring to AM'S superiors. Will any of the professors give DP an incomplete on his first assignment because he wasn't at UD last semester? No? Then neither will AM be expected or required to punish DP beyond his punishment.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Pierre isn't practicing right now, correct? I don't think there is any way that he immediately returns as a starter. If I were Archie I would tell him that he needs to beat out one of the three front court starters.

I also don't think that he will be in the best of shape either.

I thought it was reported that Pierre was working out daily with a trainer and practicing daily.

Without the worry and time constraints of homework, game days, travel to Florida for the Thanksgiving tourney, etc, Pierre should come back in better shape than any of his team mates. Give him a couple games to get his game legs back and I have no worries.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,570 Times in 5,078 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I guess it depends on who is playing the best.
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 07:28 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Who is playing best? Is there an injury? What kind of shape is Pierre in?

The whole discussion about starters continues to be silly. Who gets the most minutes and who is in at crunch time?
Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a pretty simple answer, He doen't start right off the bat, but believe me, he starts when he's ready and it won't take long.

So, now he's ready to start, what happens. Tha't pretty simple, if SM has been the defensive monster we expect, Cooke goes to the bench, no stressing about that. However, if big Steve isn't a game changer, than it all depends on what Sam Miller has done at that point. If neither have shown enough, than 4/5th of staring lineup is KD, SS, DP, KP. the 4th depends on Cooke, if he's what you all have been harping on, it's him, if not it's either Baby or Ryan Mikesell. Regardless, Archie will have an easy decision and DP being a starter is not going to be a difficult one.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 09:28 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I thought it was reported that Pierre was working out daily with a trainer and practicing daily.
Four or five hours a day.

He'll be ready.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (11-15-2015), jack72 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone seems to be worried about whose feelings will get hurt in regards to the starting lineup. And heaven forbid he redshirts this year, whose feelings wil get hurt next year in regards to minutes and starting 5. If Cooke or KD or whoever have to come off the bench, so be it. True Team. Vee bought in a few years ago and look where it got us.

DP will start day 1. He's our best player, our most impactful player and a team captain. In fact, he would start for almost every D1 program on Dec 22. If he's rusty against Miami, who cares. It's Miami.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyhi524 (11-16-2015), Gazoo (11-15-2015), Runnin' Rebel (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 07:07 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Mikesell/DD/Pierre coming off the bench in conference play will bode well for March.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:14 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
My guess is he will come off the bench...but will still get 24-25 minutes a game.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:45 AM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
My guess is he will come off the bench...but will still get 24-25 minutes a game.
Seriously, for the rest of the season? Pierre is a starter as soon as he's in form. And believe me, even though it's much more than just a person's feelings, that will play into this. Pierre is our best player. From his Freshman season through his Junior season, few Flyers have been as key as a he has.

His expulsion for the semester was excessive, you don't rub salt in his wounds and make him a 6th man. He either plays the center position like he did last year or he takes Cooke's spot in the lineup.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
I am sure Archie loves having this decision to make,compared to last year
Old 11-16-2015, 08:54 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Mark me down for either KD or Cooke going to the bench. There's no way you keep any of the remaining players out of the starting lineup, assuming Steve continues to play / develop like he has been. You can't keep a guy like Steve off the floor the way he can potentially change the game. And there's 0% chance, IMO, you keep DP out of the starting lineup after the first game or 2.

If Steve gets the yips or starts showing a tendency to foul out, then it's definitely Steve. Otherwise we could have a top 15 (maybe top 10) front line in KP, DP, and SM. With a top 25 PG to match, pick your shooting guard and let's play.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 09:26 AM
General

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Mark me down for either KD or Cooke going to the bench. There's no way you keep any of the remaining players out of the starting lineup, assuming Steve continues to play / develop like he has been. You can't keep a guy like Steve off the floor the way he can potentially change the game. And there's 0% chance, IMO, you keep DP out of the starting lineup after the first game or 2.

If Steve gets the yips or starts showing a tendency to foul out, then it's definitely Steve. Otherwise we could have a top 15 (maybe top 10) front line in KP, DP, and SM. With a top 25 PG to match, pick your shooting guard and let's play.
No matter what happens with Pierre, his expulsion certainly changed the direction of the team immensely. If the expulsion doesn't happen, I doubt we're talking about Big Steve being a starter, but now that it has and he is, Big Steve might never relinquish that spot and down the road it could pay huge dividends for the Flyers.

Also, can we get a definitive answer who we're referring to when we say SM? Steve or Sam? We're going to have the same problem with JC next season.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-16-2015 at 09:30 AM..
udisit19 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 10:30 AM
General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Also, can we get a definitive answer who we're referring to when we say SM? Steve or Sam? We're going to have the same problem with JC next season.
I think you know I meant Steve since I was talking about starters, but yes that's a problem I had not anticipated this year. Sam is surprisingly talented and he's not just "the other SM".
Old 11-16-2015, 10:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Use SM and sM.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:39 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
or cant we just type one extra letter and say SAM
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015), udisit19 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 11:57 AM

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Or just use their names. People write books on here and they are too lazy to type a first or last name. Amazing.

By the way, it is too early to even guess who will be sitting at the beginning of the game after only playing one. We still have over a month to figure it out. Steve might just be in the for the opening tap, you never know.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (11-16-2015), fuz_forward (11-16-2015), Iguomaniac (11-17-2015), jack72 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 12:40 PM
1st Lieutenant

FlyerNation23 is just really niceFlyerNation23 is just really niceFlyerNation23 is just really niceFlyerNation23 is just really niceFlyerNation23 is just really nice
Unless we are 10-0 and rolling, DP is inserted into the lineup and instantly playing 25 minutes a night.

In this last 30 years - can you name a UD player that has provided more success for his team than Pierre? Without DP, we do not beat OSU 2 years ago, we do not beat Providence last year, and we do not have 53 wins and 5 NCAA wins.

DP is one of the best players that UD has ever had. When he comes back, you play him and you let him help carry this team back to March.

He is our leader and our players and coaches all know this. The guy is a match up nightmare for teams and close to a walking double double. Have all of you forgotten this after 1 game against SEMO??
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerNation23 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015), fuz_forward (11-16-2015), Iguomaniac (11-17-2015), Smitty10 (11-16-2015), superfan99 (11-16-2015), udflyerhoops2 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 01:16 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Or just use their names. People write books on here and they are too lazy to type a first or last name. Amazing.
Thank you!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BOF02 (11-16-2015), UACFlyer (11-18-2015), udisit19 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 01:47 PM
General

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Cannot do. Once they started signing the Kavanaughs, Gavrilovics, McElvenes, Fabriziuses, Thiago Cordeiros, Adedejis, started having Devons and Devins and Dyshawns and Dayshons, I just can't be spending my time looking up the spelling of names as I type one or two sentences in a topic.

However, when titling a topic, I'll take the time.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-16-2015), Figgie123 (11-16-2015), Gazoo (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 02:03 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Cannot do. Once they started signing the Kavanaughs, Gavrilovics, McElvenes, Fabriziuses, Thiago Cordeiros, Adedejis, started having Devons and Devins and Dyshawns and Dayshons, I just can't be spending my time looking up the spelling of names as I type one or two sentences in a topic.
"This is my brother Devon. And this is my other brother Devin."

"This is my brother Dyshawn. And this is my other brother, Day...errr...Scoochie."
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-16-2015), Smitty10 (11-16-2015), ud2 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 02:18 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute

However, when titling a topic, I'll take the time.
How about:

Matt or Matt K or Kav
Alex or Gav
Luke or Fab
Steve or Steve M, etc

Much better than just initials.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-27-2015), jack72 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 02:19 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
If/when Pierre returns, the lineup will sort itself out. If I can safely assume, that Pierre will quickly return to form (lets say a week or 2) and play at the level we would have assumed otherwise to start the season, then there is little doubt that he's one of the 5 best players on this team, if not the best player.

The kid does so much well on the court, he can attack the rim, shot from long range, he's easily their best interior passer, if not the best passer on the team. He plays unselfish, the ball rarely gets stuck in his hand. he's a tough defender, even when undersized in his matchup. He can play the 3 spot or the 4 spot.

Sure, baring injury, there will be some politics involved, someone will lose playing time, and it will take a game or more to get back into form and regel with the team, but indications are that he's training hard back home, so I doubt he comes back out of shape and ill-prepared. I'll assume the team has a pretty good idea if Pierre is going to return this season or not. Several are in contact with him, and they know the deal, they know that minutes played today could be vastly different than minutes played when the calendar turns. Just like the minutes played tomorrow will be earned by practice performance and game play, the minutes earned in January will be determined by practice performance and game play. That is no different for Pierre. If he comes back and the time off and mental anguish proves too much to overcome, he'll remain on the bench far more than any of envisioned. If he comes back and is determined to make up for lost time and plays on a whole new level, somebody will see far more time on the bench.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:32 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
How about:

Matt or Matt K or Kav
Alex or Gav
Luke or Fab
Steve or Steve M, etc

Much better than just initials.
LT(can I call you LT?), trying to remember if it's "Mat" or "Matt" is still a problem. Not to mention Mr MK, Mr. LF, Mr. AG, and the MR. SMs never gave me permission to call them by their first names. That would be arrogant and rude.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Starting lineup may change quite a bit once Pierre returns. Pollard and Scoochie aren't going anywhere, of course. But Pierre fills enough roles that any of Kyle, Steve, or Cooke could lose their starting position. If they are all about even, it may be more about who works best with the bench lineup.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
I imagine Pierre will come off the bench for the first couple of games. I'm assuming he will be back in shape, but it is one thing to be in shape and another in game shape. Once he gets in game shape, I'm guessing it will be:

Scooch,
KD
Cooke
Pierre
Pollard

But I wouldn't be shocked if Steve starts in lieu of Cooke. It could also depend on match ups. Playing a smaller team? Then Cooke starts instead of Steve. Playing a bigger team, Steve will start instead of Cooke.

What a nice problem to have.
Mad Props to anthonycharles For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Captain

Cityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to all
Remember too, there always seems to be point later in the season where true Freshman playing well hit a "wall" since they haven't physically played the schedule and pace the D-1 college season demands. IF Dyshawn comes back (and I truly hope he does for his sake), he will play and Archie will figure the rest out.
Mad Props to Cityengr For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (11-19-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Cooke is perhaps the best we have at creating his own shot. If DP comes back and starts I think it's KD that is out as he only scores of the fast break.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2015, 08:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post
I imagine Pierre will come off the bench for the first couple of games. I'm assuming he will be back in shape, but it is one thing to be in shape and another in game shape. Once he gets in game shape, I'm guessing it will be:

Scooch,
KD
Cooke
Pierre
Pollard

But I wouldn't be shocked if Steve starts in lieu of Cooke. It could also depend on match ups. Playing a smaller team? Then Cooke starts instead of Steve. Playing a bigger team, Steve will start instead of Cooke.

Agree completely, anthonycharles! 10 months ago, if we would've had a discussion about who starts, the answer would have been "The 5 guys on scholarship who are at least Sophomores", as our bench consisted of "The Freshman and The Walk-On". As proud as I am about what The Magnificent Seven accomplished, it's nice to have depth and options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-17-2015, 12:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
If Pierre returns...move-over Big Stev.

I hope Steve has a great game against Bala Bama, otherwise I might start thinking he isn't as far along as advertised. Maybe he just needs a little game experience; but, if little or no improvement before December 22, move over and make room for Dyshawn.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 08:16 AM
General

Originally Posted by anthonycharles View Post

Scooch,
KD
Cooke
Pierre
Pollard

The starting lineup is symbolic. Minutes change because of matchups, the starting lineup changes because of something the coach sees in practice or it smacks of desperation. But not because of matchups.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM
General

Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
If Pierre returns...move-over Big Stev.

I hope Steve has a great game against Bala Bama, otherwise I might start thinking he isn't as far along as advertised. Maybe he just needs a little game experience; but, if little or no improvement before December 22, move over and make room for Dyshawn.
In 19 minutes he had 5 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks in his debut game as a Flyer. He's got roughly 120 left in his career. So if he doesn't have a "great game" against his next opponent you're going to start to think he's not as good as advertised?

By the way, who is this "Schoochie" kid anyway, he's a junior and only had 8 points in 21 minutes. I think we wasted a scholarship on him.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015), Smitty10 (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 10:37 AM
General

In 19 minutes he had 5 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks in his debut game as a Flyer. He's got roughly 120 left in his career. So if he doesn't have a "great game" against his next opponent you're going to start to think he's not as good as advertised?

By the way, who is this "Schoochie" kid anyway, he's a junior and only had 8 points in 21 minutes. I think we wasted a scholarship on him.
The only problem I see with Big Steve and players like him is that shot blockers get called for a lot of phantom fouls. And the fact he got 4 called on him(2 that I think were questionable) means we probably cannot count on having him on the floor much more than a half of game. Would be nice if we could clone him.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:50 AM
General

The only problem I see with Big Steve and players like him is that shot blockers get called for a lot of phantom fouls. And the fact he got 4 called on him(2 that I think were questionable) means we probably cannot count on having him on the floor much more than a half of game. Would be nice if we could clone him.
I think 19 - 20 minutes per game is pretty good for a freshman center who is going for shot blocks. A Kurt H. style center who just plays for position could probably get more minutes, but 3 blocks in 20 minutes would be awesome. As the season goes on hopefully he can learn that sometimes you go for the block and sometimes you need to just look intimidating and make sure to avoid the foul.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-17-2015), Flyer 86 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Cooke is perhaps the best we have at creating his own shot. If DP comes back and starts I think it's KD that is out as he only scores of the fast break.
Posted via Mobile Device
DP is a very efficient player, who scores inside and out. He's got a bag of tricks with herky jerky rec league moves and circus acts. Cooke can create shots, but I think DP converts them at higher clip.

So I think what you'd end up with is probably a few minutes less for both Cooke and KD, with Pierre eventually starting over Cooke. The thing Cooke has going for him is he could get minutes at both the 2 and 3. While KD plays a vital role on this team, he's essentially a one position player on a team that has a lot of dual position guys. So I could see Cooke still getting more minutes in a reserve role than KD in a starter role.

But really who starts the game isn't as important as who ends the game... Do you need a defensive stop to end it? Then I can see it being KD and Cooke in the game. Does Dayton need a basket to win it? Then it might be starter Pierre and reserve Cooke in the game. Certainly we haven't forgotten the name, Vee Sanford, have we?
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Lieutenant General

FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Cooke may be the best option to come off the bench just because if he's on the floor with bench players more often, he could be the number 1 offensive option in that situation. KD isn't going to be the number 1 offensive option.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 01:49 PM
General

6 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 blocks (I counted 4 but that's not what the stats say). Meh, I GUESS we'll let him play the 2nd half before we cut him. What do you think, Beatty?
CE80 (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 03:08 PM
General

This thought really has me drooling. Can you imagine KP and DP constantly taking the ball to the hoop and Big Steve hanging around to clean it up if need be?
Flyer 86 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 03:12 PM

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Today proves that you don't ask this question after one game. There is still quite a bit of data to gather before Miller has to make this decision. Everybody is going to play. It really doesn't matter who is there for the opening tip. How many minutes they play will be dictated by their own performance in that game.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
udflyerhoops2 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Alot of people will hate me for saying this. Understandably. The player that is in the most jeapordy of losing their starting position to Pierre is Pollard. I am in no way basing this off of today's performance. It just makes the most sense in terms of how this team is built and what would be best for it. Kill me now, thank me later.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
big jordan (11-18-2015), CE80 (11-18-2015), ClaytonFlyerFan (11-18-2015), flyerfanatic86 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:02 AM
1st Lieutenant

big jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud of
Agree with Ramod. I think Pollard off the bench first (replacing McElvene, who only plays first 3 mins anyways) makes the most sense.
Mad Props to big jordan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-27-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:04 AM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I think we draw way too many conclusions after one game or two games or three games.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-18-2015), Muckem333 (11-18-2015), Townie (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:09 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't care who "starts". It's who is finishing games that counts.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
I think we draw way too many conclusions after one game or two games or three games.
Gets my understatement of the year vote.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015), Muckem333 (11-18-2015), TMPH66 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 11:00 AM
General

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Alot of people will hate me for saying this. Understandably. The player that is in the most jeapordy of losing their starting position to Pierre is Pollard. I am in no way basing this off of today's performance. It just makes the most sense in terms of how this team is built and what would be best for it. Kill me now, thank me later.
I see your logic. I just disagree. We could rule the middle of the floor with Cooke coming off the bench. KD would not let them dribble the ball and the other guys would not let any shot go unchallenged.
Flyer 86 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Cooke is going to be our leading scorer this year. Needs to start every game
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-18-2015, 12:33 PM
General

Cooke is going to be our leading scorer this year. Needs to start every game
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe. Cooke seems likely to be our leading scorer if DP does not come back. But, if DP comes back, it's at least reasonably likely that Cooke will be our 2nd leading scorer.

And, he might do that coming off the bench.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Maybe. Cooke seems likely to be our leading scorer if DP does not come back. But, if DP comes back, it's at least reasonably likely that Cooke will be our 2nd leading scorer.

I think that seems most likely. I expect him to play starter minutes, but starting on the bench and then keeping at least one of Pierre/Cooke on the floor at all times.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:42 PM
General

You know the more I think about it, the more I think that the one who will be hurt by DP's return will be Miller and Williams. I think Steve gets the same minutes as either a starter or off the bench. And Cooke is darn sure going to play major minutes.

But I don't think Miller will see the floor much because we'll either go small with KP and DP, or big with Steve + DP or KP, or really big with Steve + DP + KP. Miller and Williams' minutes will unfortunately go way down.

Maybe we can start playing a JV game after the varsity game.
224 (11-18-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 06:24 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Assuming no foul trouble (which there will be some every game)..

Scoochie, DP, CC and KP will play 30min a game. At least.

Assuming 30m a game...

At the 1, DD gets the other 10m
At the 2, KD plays 22ish, DD 10, Mikesell 8

Then at 3/4/5, that leaves 30m. Big Steve prob eats 15-20 of those, with Sam Miller and Z's roles slimming to 5-10m a game. Crosby will be brought in slowly and accordingly. Scoochie is the engine of this team so as long as hes healthy he'll be on the floor. Then like I said, based on fouls, minutes rise or fall for the bench guys. The freshman didn't come to Dayton to play immediately. With a 4 junior class, the writing was on the wall that their minutes will come in 2 years.

The best players are gonna play. That's why Vee came off bench as a senior and Khari lost his job to Scoochie. As we saw in 2 blowout wins, JC and BW hardly played, so I don't envision them getting big minutes in a close game.

What are we left with? A 7-8 man rotation that Archie has said he wants to go with.

KP 30m
CC 30m
SS 30m
DP 30m
KD 22m
DD 20m
SM 18m
Sam M 8m
RM 8m
Z 4m

That's a darn good team boys

Last edited by 224; 11-18-2015 at 06:27 PM..
Old 11-18-2015, 07:59 PM
General

Originally Posted by 224 View Post

Assuming 30m a game...

At the 1, DD gets the other 10m
At the 2, KD plays 22ish, DD 10, Mikesell 8

Then at 3/4/5, that leaves 30m. Big Steve prob eats 15-20 of those, with Sam Miller and Z's roles slimming to 5-10m a game. Crosby will be brought in slowly and accordingly. Scoochie is the engine of this team so as long as hes healthy he'll be on the floor. Then like I said, based on fouls, minutes rise or fall for the bench guys. The freshman didn't come to Dayton to play immediately. With a 4 junior class, the writing was on the wall that their minutes will come in 2 years.

The best players are gonna play. That's why Vee came off bench as a senior and Khari lost his job to Scoochie. As we saw in 2 blowout wins, JC and BW hardly played, so I don't envision them getting big minutes in a close game.

What are we left with? A 7-8 man rotation that Archie has said he wants to go with.

KP 30m
CC 30m
SS 30m
DP 30m
KD 22m
DD 20m
SM 18m
Sam M 8m
RM 8m
Z 4m

That's a darn good team boys
The best defensive player on the team is not going to the bench and he's not getting his minutes cut. Good lord, do you guys forget that he totally stifled this years number one rated basketball player in last years NCAA Tournament? Oh and that's not a fluke, he does it constantly. Offense isn't everything. Do you put any value on Defense?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Lieutenant General

He's a role player, very valuable, but his inability to knock down shots, or create his own will relegate him to a non starting role if DP comes back. No way you sit a Senior with DP's skills, or Scooch or Cooke who will be our leading scorer, or KP or big Steve- something gota give and while KD is a great defender he's just too limited. Oh and the other guys can play d too. Guess we'll have to wait 24 days too see who's right.
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:14 PM
General

He's a role player, very valuable, but his inability to knock down shots, or create his own will relegate him to a non starting role if DP comes back. No way you sit a Senior with DP's skills, or Scooch or Cooke who will be our leading scorer, or KP or big Steve- something gota give and while KD is a great defender he's just too limited. Oh and the other guys can play d too. Guess we'll have to wait 24 days too see who's right.
Once again,another who doesn't value D. He's not a role player and you better come to terms with that. If he was role player because Offense trumps defense, Baby D would've been the starter last season. When Pierre is in full basketball shape, the best you can hope for with Cooke is that he is competing with Pollard for the starting spot. Think back to last season, starting lineup on day one when we had bigs, Scott, Pierre, Sibert, KD and SS.

KD didn't just get thrust in to the lineup as starter because we were down to 7 players, he was a starter from day one of the season. Cooke and Pollard will be battling each other for playing time, I know what we have with KP, I(and you for that matter) don't know what we have yet with Cooke, even though after his 2nd game against a lowly opponent, you think you do.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-18-2015 at 08:22 PM..
Gazoo (11-19-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:26 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute

Pierre could potentially become the top scorer [remainder] but not the leading scorer [overall] Just stating the obvious like I did in another thread.

Last edited by FLYER5; 11-18-2015 at 08:32 PM..
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Wrongo

Once again,another who doesn't value D. He's not a role player and you better come to terms with that. If he was role player because Offense trumps defense, Baby D would've been the starter last season. When Pierre is in full basketball shape, the best you can hope for with Cooke is that he is competing with Pollard for the starting spot. Think back to last season, starting lineup on day one when we had bigs, Scott, Pierre, Sibert, KD and SS.

KD didn't just get thrust in to the lineup as starter because we were down to 7 players, he was a starter from day one of the season. Cooke and Pollard will be battling each other for playing time, I know what we have with KP, I(and you for that matter) don't know what we have yet with Cooke, even though after his 2nd game against a lowly opponent, you think you do.
Clearly do know what we have in Cooke. Not just two games but a year at JM, and feedback from players and coaches and just watching him. He is the real deal. Expect him to be a 1000 point scorer in just two years.He's starting now and never going to stop.
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Brigadier General

Clearly do know what we have in Cooke. Not just two games but a year at JM, and feedback from players and coaches and just watching him. He is the real deal. Expect him to be a 1000 point scorer in just two years.He's starting now and never going to stop.
I'm not quite as bullish on Cooke as you are but from what I've seen in games so far the premise of what you say is true. He's very active on both ends and he'll be much better than he is after he gets more time in the mix to gel, I believe. I think he has the potential to be the star you allude to.
224 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Captain

KYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand where you get this idea.

It is clear that Archie wants to push the pace, we have 1 less timeout a game (minimum) and 5 less seconds on the shot clock. This leads to the idea that players will tire more quickly.

Through the first 2 games, the most minutes per game is 25. I realize that in closer games against better competition, certain players (Scoochie and Charles) will get 30+ minutes a game but I don't think that the average level of the teams we will play for the rest of the year suggests that the min per game will be much different than what they have been so far.

So all the other numbers are out the window.

And for all the "how can you not keep a defensive stud on the floor" people, Darrell has played the same or more minutes than Kyle through 2 games. It will be interesting to see which camp wins by the end of the year but I think that the introduction of Big Steve allows more minutes for more offensive-oriented wing players as he can clean up defensive lapses. That and the fact that Kendall, Dyshawn, and Charles are pretty good at defending the rim (and the freshmen are solid defensively).
Old 11-18-2015, 09:03 PM
Captain

KYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The best defensive player on the team is not going to the bench and he's not getting his minutes cut.
Cut from what? You have no baseline number of minutes. He will play more than the 7 minutes he averaged as a freshman and less than the 29 he played last year. Seems to me the 20-25 range is just right with some games a little less (due to foul trouble, matchup, or need for more offense) and some more (nights when he owns the leading scorer on the other team). I haven't seen anything out of Kyle offensively so far this year to suggest he is greatly improved on that end from last year. The same cannot be said of Darrell Davis on either end of the floor.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:10 PM
Brigadier General

KD may play fewer minutes due to the neighborhood growing up around him but I can guarantee you they won't be any less meaningful.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:21 PM
General

You do realize that the step from JM to UD and the competition both play is quite a big step don't you? I'm guessing that if Pollard played for JM he would've been as valued if not more than CC.

1000 points? Maybe, maybe not. In the past 2 season, the Flyers have played 72 games. If they play the same amount, he would have to average 14 points a game to reach that. 14 points a game can be great or it can be good, depends on the amount of minutes he gets and what else he brings to the table. I pretty much doubt he'll get it though because of the depth of this team and the balanced scoring of Archie's teams. We're certainly going to get a lot more inside scoring and a lot of those are going to Big Steve and KP and most likely DP. And I certainly don't see him putting up as many 3s as Sibert. So I'm willing to say he may get 1000, but I'd also be willing to bet against it.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-18-2015 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Brigadier General

Smitty you've been in denial about Cooke's value ever since you said he wasn't going to be as good as the press clippings. Let it go, buddy. He's that good. Better even. Do you think Archie saw a J-M level player when he recruited CC. That J-M angle is getting old. He's all over the court. He missed his 1st trey against Alabama then didn't miss another [2-3]. He's still finding his way but he is the real deal. I will say it.

Last edited by FLYER5; 11-18-2015 at 10:08 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-27-2015), RamodWaleskowski (11-19-2015)
Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 PM
General

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Smitty you've been in denial about Cooke's value ever since you said he wasn't going to be that good. Let it go, buddy. He's that good. Better even. Do you think Archie saw a J-M level player when he recruited CC. That J-M angle is getting old. He's all over the court. He missed his 1st trey against Alabama then didn't miss another [2-3]. He's still finding his way but he is the real deal. I will say it.
Not once did I say he wasn't going to be that good. I said that we don't know and it's ridiculous to say he is after 2 games against cupcake opponents where he only played great in one of them. His resume doesn't say a **** thing about what he's going to do at a higher level program. And no matter what you think Archie saw, there's only 5 starter positions and he has to recruit bench players too, and he does. Matter of fact he recruited all the players on the roster, some are not starters if you haven't noticed.

But you know what's really ridiculous? You went from "I think he has the potential to be the star you allude to" to "He's that good. Better even." in about 10 minutes. Just have to roll my eyes on that kind of fickleness. For some reason you all have anointed him more valuable than KD and KP. That's some blind love.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-18-2015 at 10:06 PM..
Old 11-18-2015, 10:05 PM
Brigadier General

Fair enough. We will see soon enough if he has the class to make it at this level.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:54 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by KYFlyer View Post
I don't understand where you get this idea.

It is clear that Archie wants to push the pace, we have 1 less timeout a game (minimum) and 5 less seconds on the shot clock. This leads to the idea that players will tire more quickly.

Through the first 2 games, the most minutes per game is 25. I realize that in closer games against better competition, certain players (Scoochie and Charles) will get 30+ minutes a game but I don't think that the average level of the teams we will play for the rest of the year suggests that the min per game will be much different than what they have been so far.

So all the other numbers are out the window.
You can't count the first two games because of lopsided wins. Just like you can't count last year because of lack of depth.

But what's interesting is to look two years ago when we were very deep, where Oliver, Sibert and DP all averaged at least 27minutes -- right around the 30m mark I'm suggesting. And the year before Dillard, Sanford, Oliver and DP all averaged at least 28min. So to think our 4 best players will play around 30m a game is logical thinking based on history and how this team is currently built.

The best defensive player on the team is not going to the bench and he's not getting his minutes cut. Good lord, do you guys forget that he totally stifled this years number one rated basketball player in last years NCAA Tournament? Oh and that's not a fluke, he does it constantly. Offense isn't everything. Do you put any value on Defense?
No one is saying KD isn't a lock down defender, because he is. But in regards to his minutes moving forward, here are the 2 big facts holding him back: He can only play 1 position. He's a shooting guard that doesn't shoot.

I like Kyle, don't get me wrong, but when he's on a deep team of talented guys, he won't play more than 22m or so a game bc he isn't as versatile as DP, CC, KP. --Depending on match ups and lineups, CC can play the 2/3, DP 3/4 and KP 4/5. And all I suggested is he would play 22m -- which is still alot to average.

Last edited by 224; 11-19-2015 at 12:21 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-19-2015), FLYER5 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:05 AM
Brigadier General

Not once did I say he wasn't going to be that good. I said that we don't know and it's ridiculous to say he is after 2 games against cupcake opponents where he only played great in one of them. His resume doesn't say a **** thing about what he's going to do at a higher level program. And no matter what you think Archie saw, there's only 5 starter positions and he has to recruit bench players too, and he does. Matter of fact he recruited all the players on the roster, some are not starters if you haven't noticed.

But you know what's really ridiculous? You went from "I think he has the potential to be the star you allude to" to "He's that good. Better even." in about 10 minutes. Just have to roll my eyes on that kind of fickleness. For some reason you all have anointed him more valuable than KD and KP. That's some blind love.
I said I'm not all-in on Cooke as Maddog said he was. I then said I see the potential to be that star [He'll have to push other potentially great players] Then I said to you that he was better than the press clippings that you keep adamantly trying to prove wrong. You on board now?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:22 AM
General

I said I'm not all-in on Cooke as Maddog said he was. I then said I see the potential to be that star [He'll have to push other potentially great players] Then I said to you that he was better than the press clippings that you keep adamantly trying to prove wrong. You on board now?
nope, I'm on board when I'm convinced, no sooner. And it takes me more than 2 games against cupcakes to convince me. I wasn't on board with Sibert either until I got a handle on what he could do. Here's what makes absolutely no sense to me. Everybody was talking about what KP would bring his Junior and Senior season after taking such a giant leap last season. He was amazing last year and the expectations is that he's going take a couple more leaps forward before it's all finished. Then since there's now a controversy brewing over what happens when Pierre comes back, you guys with your man love for Cooke seem to all of a sudden think he's more worthy of starting than Pollard.
Gazoo (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 AM
Lieutenant General

Another reason why KD starts. You want him on the floor against the opponent's best player. Cooke coming off the bench (even if he plays more minutes than KD) accomplishes two things...

* More of KD's minutes are against the best opposing player
* More of Cooke's minutes are when he's with the bench players, so there's a top offensive option on the court at all times
Old 11-19-2015, 12:27 AM
Brigadier General

What I asked is do you understand I was addressing two separate posters about Cooke? You were wrong in your criticism of me but didn't own it. Just saying..
Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 AM
General

What I asked is do you understand I was addressing two separate posters about Cooke? You were wrong in your criticism of me but didn't own it. Just saying..
The only blatant falsehood between any of our posts is when you said that I said that CC wasn't very good.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:34 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Another reason why KD starts. You want him on the floor against the opponent's best player. Cooke coming off the bench (even if he plays more minutes than KD) accomplishes two things...

* More of KD's minutes are against the best opposing player
* More of Cooke's minutes are when he's with the bench players, so there's a top offensive option on the court at all times
Kyle is my favorite player but I see his minutes going down. I think he could spot-start in the near future. There is no doubt in my mind that both those players will be on the floor when defense is critcal. Or when we go small. I love KD's game.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:37 AM
Brigadier General

The only blatant falsehood between any of our posts is when you said that I said that CC wasn't very good.
LMAO That's all you've been doing since you've been proven wrong by saying he wasn't as good....because....James Madison blah blah blah. Look back at how critical you've been of Cooke. You are wrong now and you were wrong then. Does the 10 in your handle mean 1910?
224 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:56 AM
General

LMAO That's all you've been doing since you've been proven wrong by saying he wasn't as good....because....James Madison blah blah blah. Look back at how critical you've been of Cooke. You are wrong now and you were wrong then. Does the 10 in your handle mean 1910?
What I said: You do realize that the step from JM to UD and the competition both play is quite a big step don't you? I'm guessing that if Pollard played for JM he would've been as valued if not more than CC.

Proven wrong? Really? Please point out statements I've made and facts that proved me wrong. I used to have respect for you as a poster but that's now out the window. You have a major issue with reading and comprehending.

Where in all that did I say "he wasn't as good...because...James Madison"?

How have I been critical? Because I say that his resume is no better than Pollard, Pierre and KD's? That's not critical. That's the truth. Maybe I've been critical of JM compared to UD, but that's not criticizing CC. How can you not get it through your thick skull that my point is I don't know if he's that good or not, and NEITHER DO YOU. But if you line up the unknown and it's 3 guys that were recruited by UD, who've played major parts in two very successful NCAA tournament appearances vs one guy that was originally recruited and committed to JM and has never come close to participating in that level of success, my educated guess would be to bet on at least one of the other 3 as being the better player.

Please, quote my posts that you consider critical of CC and not just backing up the fact that it's not a given that he's the star of the team.

BTW, I have no expectations that you can provide what I asked for. First of all it doesn't exist and 2nd of all you probably can't comprehend what I asked for.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-19-2015 at 01:10 AM..
Old 11-19-2015, 01:27 AM
Brigadier General

Ok, you've not been critical of CC to support an initial claim that he wasn't that good [you know, as good as people were saying he was] G'night gramps. Peace.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:44 AM
General

Ok, you've not been critical of CC to support an initial claim that he wasn't that good [you know, as good as people were saying he was] G'night gramps. Peace.
do you know the difference between stating someone's not as good and saying the facts aren't in yet on if that someone's as good? Probably not.

But again, I did ask you to provide quotes and you can't.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:52 AM
Brigadier General

Smitty I've read more about CC in this thread than DP. You know why? Because you can't let it go that you were wrong. Pierre and Cooke will eventually start if Pierre gets back. Pierre will not push Cooke to the bench. Write it.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:57 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
We all root for the same teams fellas. We are more than allowed to have different opinions. Those opinions shouldn't upset one another either. The fact that one of you already picks peoples posts out simply to tell them that you disagree and that their opinion is wrong is troublesome enough.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-19-2015), FLYER5 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Brigadier General

You're absolutely right. I apologize for my part in it. I try to keep it civil until someone fires at me, then it's on. All you have to do is go to the beginning of my posts to see that I'm respectful until provoked. And I'm right. Good night..
RamodWaleskowski (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 02:55 AM
General

Smitty I've read more about CC in this thread than DP. You know why? Because you can't let it go that you were wrong. Pierre and Cooke will eventually start if Pierre gets back. Pierre will not push Cooke to the bench. Write it.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:55 AM
General

You're absolutely right. I apologize for my part in it. I try to keep it civil until someone fires at me, then it's on. All you have to do is go to the beginning of my posts to see that I'm respectful until provoked. And I'm right. Good night..
Old 11-19-2015, 03:03 AM
Brigadier General

I won't. It's not worth my time. Everyone knows you've been trying to invalidate CC with your agenda about his pedigree versus Sibert. You won't even let it go after I tipped my hat.You have little integrity to be honest.
224 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 03:35 AM
General

I won't. It's not worth my time. Everyone knows you've been trying to invalidate CC with your agenda about his pedigree versus Sibert. You won't even let it go after I tipped my hat.You have little integrity to be honest.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:25 AM
Brigadier General

Ok, I take back my apology.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Captain

I tend to agree with Flyer5 on this one. I also remember you bashing CC, and while this isn't you issuing a death sentence to CC, you're not his #1 fan either. This took me about 2minutes to find as I remember reading it in a different derailed DP thread, and I'm sure there are more out there. At the end of the day you value KD defense over the offense CC can bring. To win we'll need both.

That doesn't give him a free ticket to the starting lineup, he transferred from James Madison, not Ohio State. To predict that this guy would in any way replace the production of Sibert was just wishful thinking, they don't come with the same resume. The others were recruited by better programs (UD) and were higer rated recruits so they have a leg up when looking at things. Yeah, he played some good games against strong teams when at JM, but certainly doesn't put his accomplishments above KD's (major part in Providence win and other tournament wins) and DD(Oklahoma game).

I hope Cooke turns out to be great, but I just think he's been a little overrated for what his accomplishments are compared to others on the team.
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 07:59 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle is my favorite player but I see his minutes going down. I think he could spot-start in the near future. There is no doubt in my mind that both those players will be on the floor when defense is critcal. Or when we go small. I love KD's game.
Agree..I like KD ALOT but it doesn't matter whether he starts or not.He can be the 1st player in regardless whether a BIG or small gets into foul trouble or needs a blow as UD can play either way and proved that all of last year..Getting 22 plus mpg regardless how is meaningless and plenty of those mpg will come in crucial times..

Not sure I've ever seen a player, let alone a kid maybe 6', have an effect on a game with both the tangibles and intangibles that KD brings to the table.....Can have the ugliest official stat line a player can have, yet, control and dictate so many parts of games..

With that being said I stated even after last year I thought he might be the guy to come off the pine unless he was able to knock down the wide open shot more......Still, way too early to tell if he can and getting to rethink this a bit more hitting that wide-open jumper this year is not quite as urgent and important as last year as limited as they were.....They were an awful offensive rebounding team a year ago for obvious reasons but just watching the Bama' and the offensive boards that gave way to 2nd shots was great to see and should be the norm more than not especially with DP available..
Old 11-19-2015, 08:59 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I was wondering what was up because when I got on this morning, I saw that there were 130 new posts. I now know why.

EDIT - This was before I got to the leaving early thread. Oh boy.

Last edited by CE80; 11-19-2015 at 09:16 AM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-19-2015), Flyer 86 (11-19-2015), FLYER5 (11-19-2015), Glen Clark (11-19-2015), rollo (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 09:45 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Since we are 2 games into the season, keep a eye on how Archie uses his rotation of players. When DP returns, he will have to earn his minutes like any other player on this team. One of the players this will effect, will be BW. Archie will like to set a certain rotation, before the A10
Mad Props to Atlantic 10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:29 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Flyer5, please chill it out. This has been a relatively friendly, insightful, camaraderie type of placed for Flyer Fans.

We respect differences of opinions, not call people out or get into personal ****ing contests. Those people have been tossed off the board in the past.

(not saying you're at that level). Lets try to keep it civil, fun and fan based.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Captain

You can't count the first two games because of lopsided wins. Just like you can't count last year because of lack of depth.

But what's interesting is to look two years ago when we were very deep, where Oliver, Sibert and DP all averaged at least 27minutes -- right around the 30m mark I'm suggesting.
You absolutely can count the first 2 games as the teams we were playing
(especially Alabama) were not much less talented than the average team we are going to play this year.

Sorry but 27 is closer to 25 than 30 and to be exact, Sibert averaged 26 minutes. Also, I think certain freshmen are more prepared to play 10+ minutes than 2 years ago when Kendall and Kyle took a while to come around. For instance, I don't think Mikesell will ave 20 minutes a game but probably 15. And Miller looks to be splitting time with Steve at center. I think this will be the case even when Dyshawn comes back. As I said last year, no reason to play small ball when you have 4 capable players bigger than 6' 6". I will even say I would be stunned to see us play a lineup with 6' 6" and under only players ever this year.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by KYFlyer View Post
I will even say I would be stunned to see us play a lineup with 6' 6" and under only players ever this year.
I was pretty much in agreement with you until that.

I think last year Archie learned that with the right players, small ball can work. I would not expect to see a lot of it but I think if Pierre comes back, we will see it again.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Captain

I wasn't talking about you 5.

Last edited by RamodWaleskowski; 11-19-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
What a difference a year makes. If DP comes back we have 7 legitimate starters. Last year there were 7 period. It's nice to be back at full strength and have these new 'problems'.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
Flyer5, please chill it out. This has been a relatively friendly, insightful, camaraderie type of placed for Flyer Fans.

We respect differences of opinions, not call people out or get into personal ****ing contests. Those people have been tossed off the board in the past.

(not saying you're at that level). Lets try to keep it civil, fun and fan based.
I get you man. You get me. If you don't like me ban me. I didn't initiate any attack on one's intelligence. You should reread. And do it fast before Smitty edits his post again lol. I made an apology that went ignored. What did you say to that poster?

Last edited by FLYER5; 11-19-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 11-19-2015, 01:55 PM

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
If you don't like me ban me.
As the deserving, unchallenged, unanimous and self-ordained King of UDPride, you will not be banned unless I thusly decree thee to be unworthy.

In other words, you're safe.