User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

joeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to beholdjoeybaloney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
If the Minnesota article was correct (it later was modified) that Wright was told that he had a place at IU if he wanted it, some different possibilities exist. If Archie was still under contract at Dayton, you have breach of contract and fiduciary duty issue. If Archie was under a MOU or contract at Indiana, you have a recruiting violation. There could be other possibilities and again this assumes the article was correct. It is unlikely IMHO but not implausible that Wright created the story that he had a spot at IU if he wanted it.

Also when Archie was on the radio interview and asked about Wright, he pushed Dayton too much. I was reminded of a Shakespeare quote, doth protest too much (when you protest too much, it is probably true). My PURE SPECULATION (and I cannot emphasize enough this is speculation with no factual basis or evidence) is that Archie heard of the article, now is trying to backtrack, and will not offer Wright as he does not want to start his tenure at IU with a recruiting violation investigation.

I think you hit this right on the head. The interview you mention was done by Dan Dakich. He actually was the one who brought up Mckinley Wright, and Archie replied that he should stay at Dayton. I believe that Archie asked him to bring it up so that he could make a public statement to cover his butt, since Wright had tweeted that he had an offer to go to Indiana. That is a CLEAR violation. Now maybe Dakich brought it up randomly on his own, I doubt it . While we really want MW here at Dayton, to a Big 10 snob like Dakich he is a measly 3 star recruit who isnt IU material. Just my opinion
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to joeybaloney For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-01-2017), UDTradition (04-09-2017)