User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Ken Pomeroy on the Flyers

Thus sayeth the Pominator:

"Dayton has to be among the best 12-seeds in a conference tournament. Keep in mind the A-10 has 16 teams, and there isn’t usually going to be much difference between the 5 through 12 seeds, anyway. But the Flyers are better than their 7-9 record, having been handled only in road games against VCU and Saint Louis. In past seasons, they would have been forced to play their first game on the road, but this season the entire event will be played within the walls of the Barclays Center."

Bloggy linkness: http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/web...lantic_10_log5
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-13-2013), Tony T 71 (03-13-2013)
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2013, 08:52 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like this. I'd rather that everyone think we don't stand any chance whatsoever.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,510 Times in 825 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I don't like this. I'd rather that everyone think we don't stand any chance whatsoever.
Are you worried that Dayton might get too much respect? When does that happen?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Are you worried that Dayton might get too much respect? When does that happen?
No, I am worried that our team will read this and let it go to their heads. I want them ****ed off and reeady to tear the head off anything in front of them.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to Fordham, Dayton got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. I can't imagine how giddy the team was to have another chance and another game. And then to draw Butler who actually is beatable, what more motivation could you possibly need?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
No, I am worried that our team will read this and let it go to their heads. I want them ****ed off and reeady to tear the head off anything in front of them.
lol....you can't worry about that crap..Who cares.They know they're not that good regardless what some clown says...This team has 2 emotions right now: freakin' embarrassed how they lost many games this year as they looked like 12 year old school girls several times, especially that last game, and jubilation that they get to live another day....All that matters is they have as good a chance especially against a very very vulnerable and beatable Butler team presently and should they get by this a very beatable La Salle team...
Old 03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be floored if any of these 18-22 year olds have ever even been to the Pomeroy site. If it's not twitter, instagram, snapchat, or the next new social media thing - it probably doesn't hit their radar. According to my kids Facebook is old news.

That being said - I imagine Butler will get their best shot. They were dissed in the A10 awards. I haven't seen any DDN coverage of the team in Brooklyn. I think they are all business.

Archie has shown he knows how to get a team prepped for these type of events. He is 6-2 in tourneys while at Dayton. Losing to Colorado in the first game and Xavier by 1 last year.

I'm expecting them to beat Butler and LaSalle.
Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
tirebiter (03-13-2013)