User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 09:24 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Who give's a rat's *ss about the UL transfers and their 'dream's of playing in the NCAA.

I kinda feel sorry for the Monmouth seniors who did everything right and got screwed out of a potential 'Dream' NCAA bid. Same with St. Mary's. Same with St. Bonnie. After all, it's not their fault their ADs scheduled weak non-conference teams! It's not their fault they lost to multiple >200 RPI teams...or is it?

Rollo reserves his sympathy/empathy/time/money for people with real problems. And this isn't one of them.
So why do you pay money and spend time watching a bunch of college kids playing a game? There certainly are more important things in life. So when one of your kids messes up in a game (or maybe one of your neighbor kids in case one of yours has never messed up), do you just say oh well, not that big of a deal, there are kids dying in Africa from starvation. Or do you have some empathy? I guess I still feel bad for someone in a situation even if it was in their control much less out of their control. Sure it is part of life and their are lessons to be learned but I still can feel bad. Sports is a big part of our lives. All one really can ask for is a level playing field. After that, whatever happens, happens.

I guess that is why I will never have a seat at the roundtable. I have a heart.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (03-15-2016)
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,910 Times in 6,994 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
So why do you pay money and spend time watching a bunch of college kids playing a game?
Why? Entertainment...see friends...get out of the house...and cheer for the good guys and never, ever the bad ones!

So when one of your kids messes up in a game, do you just say oh well, not that big of a deal, there are kids dying in Africa from starvation.
Nope...I ask them what they learned from it. Because in the long run (life), making mistakes is a learning tool to make less mistakes. Keep reading, I address this more later...

Or do you have some empathy? I guess I still feel bad for someone in a situation even if it was in their control much less out of their control.
I have empathy and sympathy but also the experience to know the outcome of the game isn't nearly as important as the lesson learned by preparing and playing the game. My Royal advice is consistent: Bad coaches...bad refs...deal with it. Work harder and smarter to make the coaches look good and don't give the refs the chance to make a 'bad' call. Coaches are only as good as their players so if the players are lazy, the bad coaching is partially on them.

Sure it is part of life and their are lessons to be learned but I still can feel bad. Sports is a big part of our lives. All one really can ask for is a level playing field. After that, whatever happens, happens.
I feel bad until everyone is home, then it's time to de-emphasize the game and reprioritize. I also don't care about the score, I care about little things like attitude and effort...which should take care of the score. Going 20-4 in HS basketball won't get you hired anywhere. Showing up early, leaving late, being dependable, positive and resilient will.

I guess that is why I will never have a seat at the roundtable.
Does this mean you're withdrawing your application?

I have a heart.
I (think) I have one of those too...but it's not as big as my 20" pythons, that I also think I have!
skip69 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 10:24 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute

Rollo reserves his sympathy/empathy/time/money for people with real problems. And this isn't one of them.

I have empathy and sympathy but also the experience to know the outcome of the game ...

Does this mean you're withdrawing your application?

I (think) I have one of those too...but it's not as big as my 20" pythons, that I also think I have!
Glad to see you admit you can have sympathy and empathy even when it isn't a "real" problem unless a "game" is a real problem.

I never submitted an application. I stand by the , I don't want to be part of any club that would have me as a member.

I only have a python not pythons.

rollo (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 10:29 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Losing in only a problem for coaches, ADs and jock-sniffers.

Except for Brob2Perryman3. He's the sole exception to a lot of Rollo-isms.
BRob2Perryman3 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Bill Simmons goes nuts on twitter after the Mike and Mike interview...funny stuff...and somewhat accurate

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/bill...th-rick-pitino
CE80 (03-15-2016), Gazoo (03-15-2016), Runnin' Rebel (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
I went to the link with transcript of Pitino on Mike/Mike this morning. This line from hypocrite Rick: "I've been a believer in these rules for over 30 years...as a matter of fact people call me a little bit of a micromanager." A micromanager who absolves himself of all knowledge of the strippers! Slick Rick!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (03-15-2016), Gazoo (03-15-2016), rollo (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
He micromanaged his teams out of 2 vacated final fours!!
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:30 PM
General of the Air Force

Listened to Colin Cowherd yesterday. He went off on Pitino lied to his wife and lied to his assistant. We are supposed to believe him now?
rollo (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Losing in only a problem for coaches, ADs and jock-sniffers.

Except for Brob2Perryman3. He's the sole exception to a lot of Rollo-isms.
**** straight. Losing not only ruins my day it ruins the time up until the next game. Luckily we don't do a lot of losing. And March is our time. Archie,Bobby,Dyshawn and the Junior Class OWN March as far as non-Power 5 schools go.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (03-15-2016), rollo (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 07:34 PM
Captain

KYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
The more facts come out against you, the more you're trying to twist your point to say something different. The coaches did not have sex with these prostitutes, they just gave the players money. Which makes the coaches guilty. The players / recruits / parents took the money and paid for sex. Which makes them guilty too.

Unless of course this was the recruiting plan for the players (over a 5 year span) who were really not that good so UL just wanted to get rid of them. Makes you wonder how they recruited the really good players who actually ended up on the team, doesn't it? Just a little bit? No?
Really??

This is my first post in this thread:

"The correct response to this is why do the kids keep getting punished for things that coaches do? Trey Lewis and Damien Lee did not deserve this. They are 1 year transfers and now their dream of playing in the NCAA is done.

If Pitino is found to have had something to do with this, fine, then ban him for a year, or two or life. But in this instance, I think the players are victims."

Here is my previous before your post:

"No, dude, my argument is not off base. My argument is that it is crappy that the players continue to pay the price at the schools where the coaches are the guilty ones and have no punishment, dude."

Wow, really twisting my point.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Major General

Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
So Louisville self-imposed one fewer scholly each of the next two years, and reduced recruiting days. Sources say the next step could be the worst: banning Friday pizza night.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/loui...tino-sanctions
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-09-2016), jack72 (04-08-2016), rollo (04-07-2016), Runnin' Rebel (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 11:26 AM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
scholarship reduction really hurt the 'Cuse this year. Until the NCAA is really willing to punish
- the school (ban from the tourney for multiple years, fines in the tens of millions)
- the head coaches with years long suspensions

The penalties are too lenient to discourage the behavior, until that changes the cheaters gonna cheat.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-09-2016), jack72 (04-08-2016), ud2 (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
I'm kind of against the notion that schools are allowed to self impose bans. I guess I'm fine with it if the school really wants to punish itself, but I'm not fine with it if they're doing it to side step and/or substitute a self imposed penalty for an actual NCAA penalty.

I really wish the NCAA would tell Louisville "You want to ban yourself from the tournament? Fine. You want to reduce your scholarships? Fine. But, it's going to have no impact whatsoever on what we're going to hand down in addition to that."
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to xubrew For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-07-2016), flyerfanatic86 (04-08-2016), Garson (04-07-2016), rollo (04-07-2016), runnerup (04-07-2016), ud2 (04-07-2016), UDFLIES (04-11-2016), Whacker (04-08-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:43 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
So Louisville self-imposed one fewer scholly each of the next two years, and reduced recruiting days. Sources say the next step could be the worst: banning Friday pizza night.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/loui...tino-sanctions
Have they banned the orgies???
Old 04-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Have they banned the orgies???
Nah...just relocated to Pitino's house.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Self-imposed sanctions by schools are looked upon favorably by the NCAA. It tells them "hey, we screwed up, and we know it will take a while for the typical investigation to be completed, so we believe there is no good to come from us not being punished in the meantime. We understand the NCAA has the full right to hand down sanctions. We would just like to step forward and take blame in the meantime" or..... "go light on us, please"
Still I think it is a positive measure as viewed by the NCAA. There are enough prior cases out there to get a good idea what sanctions will be handed down. Cases from self-imposing for minor offenses to cases of major, blatant recruiting violations, such as what happened at SMU. And every case in-between.
Now does the NCAA snicker at the mere thought of the institution doing their job of handing down punishment? You bet, but when they weigh that vs the cases where institutions that would rather hide the facts from them, well human nature may play a part in the institution's favor in handing down a lighter punishment or going with the self-imposed sanctions of the institution.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Nah...just relocated to Pitino's house.
I figured they would go to his favorite restaurant, after closing hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pitino affair woman.jpg (3.1 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
You'd think with Rick Pitino and Bobby Petrino on campus together these two could put their heads(no pun intended) together and hatch better schemes then this. At least figure out a way to alibi each other or something.

Every problem these cats have is either due to their or their players weinies.

Some things will never change. The history books are full of tales of men getting in to trouble with their trouser snakes. These guys need a crash course in Rollo parenting 101, "Don't put your pecker in anything you aren't ready to marry"
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-07-2016)
Old 04-07-2016, 04:06 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer Hub will become famous soon enough
Aren't most schools who self impose sanctions acting on the advice from specialized law firms who's lawyers used to work in the NCAA compliance area? Seems to me the self imposing is very calculated and well beyond the scope of your average college lawyer.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:05 PM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Self-imposed sanctions by schools are looked upon favorably by the NCAA. It tells them "hey, we screwed up, and we know it will take a while for the typical investigation to be completed, so we believe there is no good to come from us not being punished in the meantime. We understand the NCAA has the full right to hand down sanctions. We would just like to step forward and take blame in the meantime" or..... "go light on us, please"
Still I think it is a positive measure as viewed by the NCAA. There are enough prior cases out there to get a good idea what sanctions will be handed down. Cases from self-imposing for minor offenses to cases of major, blatant recruiting violations, such as what happened at SMU. And every case in-between.
Now does the NCAA snicker at the mere thought of the institution doing their job of handing down punishment? You bet, but when they weigh that vs the cases where institutions that would rather hide the facts from them, well human nature may play a part in the institution's favor in handing down a lighter punishment or going with the self-imposed sanctions of the institution.
Otis (Andy Griffith Show) would be proud.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (04-09-2016), LI Flyer (04-09-2016)
Old 10-20-2016, 01:52 PM

Thanked 10,167 Times in 5,895 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
NCAA rules on Louisville.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...gram/91603198/
Old 10-20-2016, 06:27 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Luckily for Louisville the ncaa didn't see a reason to have a rule which states "You cannot use prostitutes to entertain or influence recruits". If they had this rule Louisville would be in big trouble, LOL

It is a much bigger deal to make a phone call to a recruit during a dead period or buying him dinner on an unofficial visit