Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Administrator

UDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of lightUDPride SportsBot is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb The end of Tennessee's run, Arizona's advantages, more Sweet 16 picks

Will Dayton or Stanford continue its amazing run? Can any team stop Florida or Arizona? Seth Davis offers his predictions.

Rest of the story...
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
TL;DR - predicts all higher seeds except Michigan State to beat Virginia.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone picked us to beat Stanford? You would think we'd get a little respect after beating Ohio State and Syracuse.

Sure, they beat Kansas, but this is not your typical dominant Kansas. They lost at home to San Diego State and finished with 10 losses. And they beat New Mexico who is the most underachieving tournament team in recent memory... they had a seed of 7 or better in 4 of the last 5 tournaments and failed to get out of the Round of 32 in any of them.

That said, I bet Stanford to win in Predict the Score because I am the most pessimistic fan here I guess. I would absolutely love a win, but figure that right about now is a typical time to get our dreams crushed.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:41 PM
1st Lieutenant

PinehurstFlyer will become famous soon enough
I understand your apprehension Priceg75 - after all, we have never "won it all" since the NCAA became THE Tournament. But since we usually end up losing to the team that wins it all, and since I definitely do not believe Stanford can win it all - I will go with Dayton on this one. After tonight - it's bring on the Gators - or bring on the Bruins - or whatever smelly overeating dirty animals you want us to bring home as road kill if they get in our way.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:47 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Has anyone picked us to beat Stanford? You would think we'd get a little respect after beating Ohio State and Syracuse.

Sure, they beat Kansas, but this is not your typical dominant Kansas. They lost at home to San Diego State and finished with 10 losses. And they beat New Mexico who is the most underachieving tournament team in recent memory... they had a seed of 7 or better in 4 of the last 5 tournaments and failed to get out of the Round of 32 in any of them.

That said, I bet Stanford to win in Predict the Score because I am the most pessimistic fan here I guess. I would absolutely love a win, but figure that right about now is a typical time to get our dreams crushed.
My dreams for this season have already come true. If win any more, I will have to check my pulse because I will have died and gone to heaven.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
I have read a few articles picking UD. Also, while going through the SIRIUS radio sports channels, I hear a pretty decent review of UD, which resulted in the analyst (don't recall who it was) picking us.

Here is one article:
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-baske...-no-11-dayton/
Old 03-27-2014, 03:30 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone picked us to beat Stanford? . . .

Andy Katz said Dayton will come within one basket of making the Final Four.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Andy Katz said Dayton will come within one basket of making the Final Four.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Colonel

Levelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud of

Dickie V Baybeeee is picking the Flyers to Soar High-ya.

http://espn.go.com/espn/dickvitale/s...16-predictions

Dayton over Stanford: Points may come at a premium in this matchup. Neither team has allowed even 60 points in the tournament so far. Archie Miller and Johnny Dawkins have gotten the most out of their talent. The Cardinal has size up front, and that could be a factor. But players like Jordan Sibert will find a way to get the Flyers to the winner's circle.

Last edited by Levelbest; 03-27-2014 at 03:36 PM..
Mad Props to Levelbest For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (03-27-2014)