Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Major

Bill Elwood has a spectacular aura aboutBill Elwood has a spectacular aura about
transfer question

Friend of mine here in Cincy called to say that Jordan Crawford from IU has verballed to transfer to X - does he have to sit a year or not, based on what's transpired over in Bloomington?
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
I thought there was something in the cinci paper that one of the other players has decided to pay his own way for the year. Xavier now has three or four better options at point on their roster than we currently do. It will be interesting to see if the chemistry on the team holds up and if there will be any transfers in their program as a result. The flood of BCS transfers to X just shows how far the gap has actually widened over the past 5 years or so. It hasn't closed.

Staten will hopefully end the many, many painful years of poor point guards, or shooting guards forced to play the point. But it's two years away. One day, in a couple years, we'll actually have a kid that is a REAL point guard. In the meantime, we will continue to do what we've been doing. Just trying to make it work.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Academy Doolie

Fairfield Flyer has a spectacular aura aboutFairfield Flyer has a spectacular aura about
According the Cincinnati Enquirer, Xavier plans to join other schools who have received IU transfers and petition the NCAA to waive the requirement to sit out a year. They will base their petition on the problems players had to deal with at IU.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
i do not see the ncaa waiving the one year residency rule for this. this his hardly bayloresque (for lack of a better term). i'll be shocked if he doesn't have to sit out. can't blame xavier and the other schools for trying, though.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill Elwood View Post
Friend of mine here in Cincy called to say that Jordan Crawford from IU has verballed to transfer to X - does he have to sit a year or not, based on what's transpired over in Bloomington?
likely ... he can apply for a waiver but it is hard to see on what grounds he could get the NCAA to grant it. His only argument that I can see is that everyone else was either thrown off or quit and I didn't want to stay and play for a crappy team.

The non-academic problem children recruited by Sampson were more of a problem then some 3-way phone calls.

Last edited by Sea Bass; 07-11-2008 at 01:22 PM..
Old 07-11-2008, 08:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Word down south is that X asked or insisted Taylor give up his scholarship. I mean what kid in his right mind just ups and says, Hey coach thanks but no thanks for the scholarship, I want to pay my own way.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if UD asked a player togive up his scholarhip, we have had enough bashing on transfer but in this case it would be right there in front of us. Doesn't surprise me though about X. I believe they have different priorities than UD does.