User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Tighter rotation

Anyone else notice the Tighest rotation of the year tonight? If it weren't for foul trouble Mikesell wouldn't have played. This is what i have been waiting for, this has the potential to be a Final Four season. The 8 man rotation gives us our best shot at it. The only thing that shocked me was how early Scooch got his first hook, especially with Crosby battling a bad wheel. Arch must have been quite displeased with Scooch early. IMO Crosby,Toddler D and Steve are the only guys that need to be removing their warmups from here on out. I think Mikesell and Williams will get there eventually and they've shown glimpses and i hope to see them all 4 years, but with Cunningham coming in next year i can't help but feel someone is going to transfer out. Needless to say i hope it is Sam Miller. Ryan Mikesell has more basketball IQ in his pinky then Sam, and X has WAY more athleticism and actually rebounds.

Nobody hopes Sam Miller turns it all around more then me. I don't root against current or former Flyers. unless your name is Trent or Juwan.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-16-2016)
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2016, 12:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if part of the reasoning with inserting Crosby early was because of his bad wheel. He was warmed up and maybe there was a fear that it would tighten up if he sat too long.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
8 man rotation is exactly what Archie is going to use unless there is foul trouble. Mikesell, Williams, and Miller will sub based on who is in foul trouble and matchups/size of the opponent. If there is somebody Mikesell can guard he will get to be the wing sub or Archie might just go small if the opponent is too quick for him to guard. If Archie needs a post sub it will basically depend on the size/athleticism of the opponents post and who is in foul trouble.
Slow/Big/Immobile & Big Steve is in foul trouble=Miller
Quick & Athletic & both Pollard&Pierre are in foul trouble=Williams

As for the comparing Mikesell and Miller I don't think it's fair to compare them to each other because they play completely different positions. Mikesell exclusively plays the 3/wing while Miller plays the 5/center spot. While Williams has only been playing the 4 spot. In future seasons Archie will expand their role to more than one spot but he seems to like to let freshmen learn one spot first.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (01-16-2016), Smitty10 (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 01:02 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
This team is going to look very different in 2 years and Miller will be a big part of it. If we can get a big backup center then he will be used at the 4 position where from what I hear, is where he has had his most success. Otherwise, he's learning the 5 and I have no doubt it will be the difference between night and day by the time he's a junior, if not a sophomore.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-18-2016), Gazoo (01-18-2016), jack72 (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 01:07 PM
1st Lieutenant

cobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura about
Personally I hope Sam Miller stays, I think he will get stronger and more effective as time goes on. He shows that he has some moves around the basket and can shoot from beyond the arc. He just wasn't ready for prime time, redshirting would have benefitted him like big Steve.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cobra8u For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-16-2016), Fudd (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 01:26 PM
Captain

Cityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to all
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I wonder if part of the reasoning with inserting Crosby early was because of his bad wheel. He was warmed up and maybe there was a fear that it would tighten up if he sat too long.
Sounds reasonable. Or could be he wanted Crosby in there for a bit early in case he needed him later. Or maybe as simple as Crosbys old high school team from Baltimore was there behind the bench (here for Flyin to the Hoop) and he wanted to get him in? Doesnt soud like Archie but you never know.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Captain

KYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeKYFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Needless to say i hope it is Sam Miller.
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to KYFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (01-16-2016), Alberto Strasse (01-18-2016), dirty deli (01-16-2016), Flyer 86 (01-18-2016), Gazoo (01-18-2016), Glen Clark (01-17-2016), longtimefan (01-16-2016), springborofan (01-16-2016), Sticks 'n Stearns (01-18-2016), Townie (01-16-2016), UD62 (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I think I read Archie commenting on how he thinks Sam Miller will be a very different player once his body is in condition for this level of basketball. Having a big who can shoot it from 3 is a luxury. I think he will be a valuable player once he gets the body conditioning.
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 05:02 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Anyone else notice the Tighest rotation of the year tonight? If it weren't for foul trouble Mikesell wouldn't have played. This is what i have been waiting for, this has the potential to be a Final Four season. The 8 man rotation gives us our best shot at it. The only thing that shocked me was how early Scooch got his first hook, especially with Crosby battling a bad wheel. Arch must have been quite displeased with Scooch early. IMO Crosby,Toddler D and Steve are the only guys that need to be removing their warmups from here on out. I think Mikesell and Williams will get there eventually and they've shown glimpses and i hope to see them all 4 years, but with Cunningham coming in next year i can't help but feel someone is going to transfer out. Needless to say i hope it is Sam Miller. Ryan Mikesell has more basketball IQ in his pinky then Sam, and X has WAY more athleticism and actually rebounds.

Nobody hopes Sam Miller turns it all around more then me. I don't root against current or former Flyers. unless your name is Trent or Juwan.
Agree....

Looks like Arch is also finding his match up rotations for both against small or large teams. Looks like the rotation is a little longer in the first half vs. the second half.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,180 Times in 5,906 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cityengr View Post
Sounds reasonable. Or could be he wanted Crosby in there for a bit early in case he needed him later. Or maybe as simple as Crosbys old high school team from Baltimore was there behind the bench (here for Flyin to the Hoop) and he wanted to get him in? Doesnt soud like Archie but you never know.
Or he wanted to put Crosby in early in order to save Scoochie's legs and energy for the critical second half in what Archie knew would be a close game.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 08:58 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Or he wanted Crosby to play early and often with his Lod Baltimore team sitting behind the bench
Old 01-16-2016, 09:03 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Regarding Sam, anyone who is not impressed by his progress is not watching the same team I am. Yes he has a long way to go,and yes he needs more strength and stamina, but he has come a long way since the start of the season. It is no longer a liability when he comes in the game. If he is patient and does what the coaches ask him to do, he is going to be a great player for us for the next few years.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (01-18-2016), jack72 (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 10:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Or he wanted to put Crosby in early in order to save Scoochie's legs and energy for the critical second half in what Archie knew would be a close game.
Saw this perspective in another thread, and agree completely. If last year's team had the depth of the 2013-14 squad, we might have made 2 Sweet Sixteens in a row. But 2 guys had a different perspective on how to increase their "steals" totals, 1 guy had taken too many shots to the noggin in his career, a fourth guy could never get his "feces aggregated", and a 5th wound-up being a "partial qualifier" as a frosh, so we wound-up with 6 scholly players and a very talented walk-on as our only frontcourt backup. Archie knows the value of depth and of fresh legs, and he was a successful D-I guard, so he knows how important it is to have a well-rested #1 PG down the stretch in a close game. I think giving Crosby minutes in the 1st half was Archie's way of having Scoochie at his best down the stretch in the 2nd half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 12:49 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
It all depends on the mental make up of these kids in this 19' class in regards to transferring.

We will have 6 kids. They all can't start. But they all can be impactful players, play meaningful minutes and have the chance to be one of the best classes in UD history. Each brings something different and there is a role for each.

It's way too early to see how they will all devolop, but if these kids devolop like every other kid AM has brought in, this has the chance to be a very, very special class. They can be a senior lead team with a tight rotation.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:05 PM
General

Thanked 5,461 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Regarding Sam, anyone who is not impressed by his progress is not watching the same team I am. Yes he has a long way to go,and yes he needs more strength and stamina, but he has come a long way since the start of the season. It is no longer a liability when he comes in the game. If he is patient and does what the coaches ask him to do, he is going to be a great player for us for the next few years.
I wonder what this person would have said if Steve had not sat out a year. "He's too fat and slow, will never amount to anything, hope he transfers."

I have no idea what Sam will do with his opportunity, but we may actually have 2 big men who can shoot by the time these guys are seniors. A 6'9" Sam Miller a threat from 3, and Steve a threat out to 15 feet. He and DP are our best foul shooters at this point in the season!!

Imagine what Archie would do with so many toys to play with.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:48 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I wonder what this person would have said if Steve had not sat out a year. "He's too fat and slow, will never amount to anything, hope he transfers."

I have no idea what Sam will do with his opportunity, but we may actually have 2 big men who can shoot by the time these guys are seniors. A 6'9" Sam Miller a threat from 3, and Steve a threat out to 15 feet. He and DP are our best foul shooters at this point in the season!!

Imagine what Archie would do with so many toys to play with.
I can't believe that people are still judging this freshman's future by his freshman play. Character aside, I'd point them to look at 2012-2013 season and Devon Scott. And then watch his improvement in 2013-2014 and the first 40 days or so of 2014-2015.

Of course if you look at his partner in crime, the opposite happened but my point is, Devon Scott looked no better than Sam Miller in his freshman season.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 01:56 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I can't believe that people are still judging this freshman's future by his freshman play. Character aside, I'd point them to look at 2012-2013 season and Devon Scott. And then watch his improvement in 2013-2014 and the first 40 days or so of 2014-2015.

Of course if you look at his partner in crime, the opposite happened but my point is, Devon Scott looked no better than Sam Miller in his freshman season.
Good analogy but not sure I agree. I think the results were the same but Scott showed a little more physical toughness. I am by no means giving up on Miller.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I seriously doubt Miller was recruited to play the 5. Once he gets to his more natural spot on the floor as a stretch 4, I think you will see his shot settle down and his defense improve.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 02:32 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
I seriously doubt Miller was recruited to play the 5. Once he gets to his more natural spot on the floor as a stretch 4, I think you will see his shot settle down and his defense improve.
So do we have another Devin Searcy or Josh Benson situation?
Old 01-18-2016, 02:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Except Miller can actually shoot. Despite his game results this year.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:22 PM
General

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
I disagree with this. He's only in the game when Steve is out. And I don't see any 5s coming in next season. AM is not going to stick with the smaller lineups after next season when we no longer have Pollard. Someone has to back up Big Steve in the future.
CE80 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 03:29 PM
General

Good analogy but not sure I agree. I think the results were the same but Scott showed a little more physical toughness. I am by no means giving up on Miller.
Be careful, I was almost ready to red pip you.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Be careful, I was almost ready to red pip you.
Red? You owe me green from my call on Cooke playing Friday.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:52 PM
General

Red? You owe me green from my call on Cooke playing Friday.
Didn't see you call him playing Friday, but you did say that it probably wasn't bad prior to the Davidson game. So you've got my forever green respect.
CE80 (01-18-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 05:23 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't we still have a scholly open for next year, so we can still get another center? With Pierre graduating we need one.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:18 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Archie on A10 teleconference
“I think in the G.W. game we were able to have all hands on deck,” Miller explained. “The eight-man rotation we used, that’s the one I envision being the mainstay with Kendall, Steve, and Dyshawn being able to rotate.”
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-19-2016), CE80 (01-19-2016), jack72 (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 10:42 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Archie on A10 teleconference
“I think in the G.W. game we were able to have all hands on deck,” Miller explained. “The eight-man rotation we used, that’s the one I envision being the mainstay with Kendall, Steve, and Dyshawn being able to rotate.”
...and Crosby subbing 10 minutes for Scoochie. D Davis subbing 10+/- for K Davis and 10+/- for Cooke.

Everyone else when fouls or score dictate.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Don't we still have a scholly open for next year, so we can still get another center? With Pierre graduating we need one.
We have Josh Cunningham. He's roughly the same size as Pierre, and is a GREAT rebounder and interior defender. He's not a center, but neither is Dyshawn. He'll be able to do a lot of what Dyshawn does, and is as good of a replacement as one could possibly hope for. He's the Charles Cooke to Jordan Sibert.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:10 PM
General

Thanked 2,828 Times in 1,552 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cobra8u View Post
Personally I hope Sam Miller stays, I think he will get stronger and more effective as time goes on. He shows that he has some moves around the basket and can shoot from beyond the arc. He just wasn't ready for prime time, redshirting would have benefitted him like big Steve.
I think one of the issues with Sam Miller early on was conditioning. When I saw him at the R&B game, the first thing I noticed was he was not in playing condition. I hope he comes in next year more prepared physically. I believe Sam has met all of my expectations. He's a freshman trying to acclimate himself to playing against bigger, stronger players. A year or two in the weight room will change Sam's capabilities immensely.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 02:06 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
We have Josh Cunningham. He's roughly the same size as Pierre, and is a GREAT rebounder and interior defender. He's not a center, but neither is Dyshawn. He'll be able to do a lot of what Dyshawn does, and is as good of a replacement as one could possibly hope for. He's the Charles Cooke to Jordan Sibert.
Did you see him play at Bradley? I have never seen him play but I envisioned him as an undersized physical rebounder. More interior defense than Pierre, but less offense.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
I think Steve has taught us there is a whole different world out there besides 6'7" guys who have to play center.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen a bit. Not unreasonable to expect a double-double night in, night out.

http://www.bradleybraves.com/ViewArt...CLID=209484760
Old 01-19-2016, 02:36 PM
Major General

I think Steve has taught us there is a whole different world out there besides 6'7" guys who have to play center.
True centers exist, but they are incredibly rare, and take some time to develop.
Old 01-19-2016, 02:45 PM
General

Thanked 4,344 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I never saw him at Bradley, at least not that I was conscientiously watching him with thoughts that he would be at UD at some point, I may have well caught a game or two in passing, however, I was surprised to read that he was a top 100 recruit out of HS on some services; how he ended up at Bradley I'm not sure.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...rward-prospect

The attached is an article from bleacher report, stating he was rated 110(ish) by 247sports. There's also a highlight clip that blends a mix of high school and AAU ball. While obviously the highlight tape is only going to focus on the positives, it appears that he's a more explosive athlete than Pierre, he hits a handful of perimeter shots, and a couple of free throws. Defense in some of the clips is terrible at best (of the other team, they don't show many defensive highlights of his), but they do show some "old school" skills around the rim, similar to Pierre. I'd be shocked if he's anywhere close to the passer that Pierre is, few are. (Don't think I saw Kyle Davis in any of the Morgan Park highlights, perhaps he arrived at Morgan Park when Kyle was graduating, or all the highlights were after Kyle left)

As a frosh at Bradley, he shot 43.4% overall, 23.4% from long range (on roughly 2 attempts per game) and 57% from the charity stripe (on about 3 attempts per game) http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...ningham-1.html

The key will be adapting to his skill set and what he brings to the team. Archie seems fairly adapt at this, but he's going to bring some different dimensions than Pierre next season, some better, some worse. Don't know how much practice/improvement he's seeing this season due to the surgery. Would like to see him improve his stroke from the perimeter. He's definitely got a nose for the rim, so he should be able to provide some scoring.