UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2011 Match Threads

2011 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Spring Michigan Matches

Just a reminder to all that the first match on Saturday begins at 12:30 pm -- even tho the schedule on daytonflyers.com states 3 pm. Michigan and UD will play TWO matches. Each will be a best of three sets format.

Of course I hope we win each 2-0 for a total of 4 sets. But I can appreciate those with volleyball withdrawl wanting both matches to go 2-1 so you get to see 6 sets.

Of course there will be competition to replace Von's OH position. But I think you'll also see some freshmen pushing for playing time at MB and in the back row defense. It's always a slug-fest with Michigan, so I would expect the same even in Spring competition. And we know the coaches are friends and like getting after it. It should be intense.

Go Flyers!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-29-2012), UDBrian (03-30-2012)
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I see that daytonflyers.com has mentioned the matches starting at 12:30 pm, I probably would have arrived at 3 pm without your message.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
It was a little inconsistent which is what you would expect from two good teams playing their first match of the spring.

We struggled to put the ball away except for rachel and shayne. I haven't looked at stats so it is tough to guess on hitting percentages. shayne probably had more hitting errors than megan but she struggled to put balls away. They were really focused on taking the slide from megan and covered any dinks really well.

When we struggled with our passing our hitting suffered. For the most part I thought our passing was good.

I thought paige in particular played great in the back row and Kray's passing and defense seemed to be really good.

Brigid seemed to be comfortable playing back row when she was on defense for a rotation but didn't show enough to be a lock for the starting position..

I thought that Sam set the ball pretty well but there seemed to be some issues to work on when setting the slide.

I thought our defense was good by all players. Our blocking definitely improved as the match went on. Kelly has said before that when you swing block you get into the other team's rhythm and your blocking improves.

I thought that except for Megan, Sam and Kray Michigan was more physical at the net than we were.

It was good to see Brigid, Kaitlyn and Angel get some playing time.

The most memorable play to me was in match 1. Michigan had set point and Shayne pounded a slide cross court to keep ud in the match which they won two points later
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-31-2012), HansMoleman (04-01-2012), udisit19 (04-01-2012)