UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: What's the call?
The ball went from frontcourt to backcourt so 'Over and back' should have been called 3 18.75%
It's not over and back, but it was a '10-second' backcourt violation 2 12.50%
Clayton is right not to call either, Wimpy is wrong about everything 11 68.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Thorsday YMtC - 10 second call

The 2nd half is about to start and our UD Flyers are crushing the Butte Pickers from the Montana School of Mines 53-20. With the game well in hand, Archie decides to let the reserves start the 2nd half. With Mikesell, Williams, Landers, Sam Miller and Crosby on the court and Bucky, wearing a TRUMP '16 shirt and sipping a Bud Light on the sidelines, the head referee - Sir ClaytonFlyer - hands Mikesell the ball for the throw-in that will start play.

Mikesell slaps the ball to signal the start of an inbounds play and that's where the confusion begins. Landers, trying to set a pick, runs into Williams who trips into Crosby. With Clayton counting '2....3....4....' Mikesell panics and passes the ball to Crosby, who is in the frontcourt but still on the ground. The ball hits Crosby on the back and bounces deep into the backcourt, where Mikesell chases it down. Immediately the Pickers coach - Wimpy Meadows - goes nuts demanding 'over and back' be called. His demands are met with quizzical looks from Clayton and play continues.

As soon as the ball hits Crosby, Clayton chops the clock to start and Mikesell chases it down and picks it up at 19:54. Afraid to dribble, Mikesell remains stationary and waits for Crosby to get up and come get the ball. At 19:49 Crosby is handed the ball and Wimpy Meadows, looking at the clock, once again goes berserk and demands a 10-second call be made against the Flyers! A dazed and confused ClaytonFlyer shrugs his shoulders, pulls up his big-boy pants, and continues his personal 10-second count. Crosby finally crosses midcourt at 19:48 and Archie Miller, sick of the mockery and confusion shown by the reserves, calls timeout so he can sub in the original starting 5.

Meanwhile, Wimpy Meadows demands that Clayton enforce the 'over and back' or '10-second' rule.

Clayton, once again, shrugs.

Wimpy silently wishes Hillary were his wife and President...

In the meantime, YOU MAKE THE CALL....

Last edited by rollo; 06-02-2016 at 08:35 AM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (06-02-2016)
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,431 Times in 681 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm guessing that it can't be an over and back violation because Crosby never established his position or the ball's in the frontcourt when the ball only hit him. I can't figure out how there would be a ten second call because nobody on the Flyers established possession in the backcourt and then stayed back there for ten seconds. So I'm going with C.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:57 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
So I'm going with C.
You honestly think Clayton would get this call right?

Do you know Clayton?

In 4 years, has he ever gotten a YMtC correct?

Good lord...what has become of my Kingdom's minions?
ClaytonFlyerFan (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 04:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,589 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
You honestly think Clayton would get this call right?

Do you know Clayton?

In 4 years, has he ever gotten a YMtC correct?

Good lord...what has become of my Kingdom's minions?

In 4 years I have had to correct details, or lack of details, on most of your YMTC posts. But we do appreciate your effort.

By the way, Your man crush on me is sickening Rollo. I thought your obsession with Pollard's muscles was bad, but lately most of your post seem to include me. Am I your new idol?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (06-03-2016), rollo (06-02-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 09:14 AM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't vote in time but I would have said C.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:17 PM

C) is the right call.

It can't be over and back because possession was never established in the front court.

It can't be a 10-second call because the count doesn't begin until a player has established possession.

This one was easy. If you're one of those who did not choose wisely, please report to Royal Reffing Saturday school tomorrow at the Royal Palatial Estate...8:00 am.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't choose wisely because it seemed like it was too easy. I out-thought myself.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (06-03-2016)