UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2013 Match Threads

2013 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
George Mason #1 Thread

Flyers win in 3 sets, 23, 20, and 21. George Mason isn't La Salle, but they are 2-9 in conference, and we let them get 20 points in all 3 sets. We need to be able to dominate the lower teams in the A10. Alaina Turner played, again, looks like back row player, instead of Aubreigh Applegate. Isolde Hannon had 10 kills and a .563 hitting percentage. Megan Campbell had 10 kills as well, and Angel, Megan and Isolde all had 5 block assists.

As the old adage goes, "You're only as good as your record", and this year, that is so true for this team. We surely have some nice pieces out there, but for some reason, the whole isn't summing up just right.

3 more conference games, at home, before the A10 tournament. La Salle, George Mason and George Washington. Then the A10 Tournament at George Washington, before a home game against Bowling Green.
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,411 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Just read your post Figgie and I was thinking the same thing...beat a 2-9 team 23-20-21. We need to step up our game over the next 3 matches. I have seen this year's team play at a very high level during this season, but not consistently. Time to change that.

I've hated our schedule this year, but for the next two weeks it helps us. We only have LaSalle at home this coming week. If we have nagging slight injuries, this is the week to heal up. It's also a week to drill down on the most important 2 or 3 things that need work. You still have to do some video work and game planning for LaSalle. But this week offers the opportunity to do more performance and skills work in practice. We need that.

Then next week we host Geo Mason and Geo Washington. Time-wise it's good we don't have to travel these next two weeks. You have more practice time if you aren't traveling. I don't see this team needing long-hard practices at this point. I see them needing time in practice to LEARN and work on specific skills. Things like reading the other team's offense and positioning the back row defense based on what the other team is doing offensively. Passing reps. Setting locations and preferences by hitter. Jenna's load got a lot tougher and heavier when we had to move hitters around. I'm sure both setter and hitters would like extra time on timing and location of sets. These type of things usually get worked on during the spring and summer because you don't have a lot of time to work on them week to week during the season. Our schedule the next two weeks allows us some extra time to work on specific parts of the game this team needs to improve to make a run in the A-10.

We also need to find our mojo again. It's time to roll the dice and run the table and the team will need confidence and belief in each other to do that. That has to come from within the team and each player. The good news is I think we have a senior class that can drive this part of the equation. So this is it seniors. Time to push this team to be the best it can be. Time to lead. Time to leave your legacy on Flyer Volleyball. YOU CAN DO IT. I've seen it this year. Time to put it all together and finish on top.

GO FLYERS!!!!