UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

runnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to all
We thought Auburn got hosed.
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2019, 09:28 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,607 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
The officials completely blew the double dribble call at a crucial part of the game. As a result, they directly affected the outcome of the game. Inexcusable and unacceptable in a big game moment. Auburn got hosed.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2019, 11:06 AM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
The stupid foul at the 0.6 sec mark affected the game too.

As for the double dribble, I called it as soon as it happened and can't believe the ref missed it. That wasn't a once-in-a-decade play that is written up in the refs casebook that everyone skips over because 'it'll never happen'. I see that play - literally - every weekend. Kids dribble behind the back and bounce it off their feet all the time. It's second nature to the Royal ref on how to call it and what to look for.

However, once it's called the players and coaches have to move on to the next play...that Auburn totally f'd up. There was 0 reason to be within 5' of someone shooting a fade-away 3 from the corner yet the defender decided to go after him. Stupid.

Did the refs affect the outcome by missing the DD? We don't know but can speculate. Auburn may have thrown the inbound pass away...or been called for 5-seconds...and Auburn could have gotten the ball back. We don't know.

Did the defender affect the outcome with a stupid foul? We know he did because it lead to 3 made FTs.

Am I glad I'm not the ref that missed the DD? Ummm, do I even have to answer that question??

Last edited by rollo; 04-07-2019 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: CvilleFlyer got me!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (04-07-2019), JimBo (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Thanked 1,650 Times in 838 Posts
Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
All I know is that I hope the Flyers are watching how these top teams defend. Everything is challenged, there are few open lanes, they understand positioning and are rarely out of position, helpside D is on time, and at the end the glass is protected. People get enamored with offense because that's the fun part of the game but this Final Four has been a master class in defense.
Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 11:46 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
The officials completely blew the double dribble call at a crucial part of the game. As a result, they directly affected the outcome of the game. Inexcusable and unacceptable in a big game moment. Auburn got hosed.
Posted via Mobile Device
The official who blew the DD call will have a similar legacy to Don Denkinger, who blew a call in Game 6 of the 1985 World Series, that basically gave the game to the KC Royals, at the expense of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cards were never right after that call, and went on to lose the series 4 games to 3. But at least, in that case, the Cards still had a chance to win the series. No one can say for sure how this game would have turned out if the DD had been called. We just know how it did turn out, and that it wasn’t called.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
The official who blew the DD call will have a similar legacy to Don Denkinger, who blew a call in Game 6 of the 1985 World Series, that basically gave the game to the KC Royals, at the expense of the St. Louis Cardinals. The Cards were never right after that call, and went on to lose the series 4 games to 3. But at least, in that case, the Cards still had a chance to win the series. No one can say for sure how this game would have turned out if the DD had been called. We just know how it did turn out, and that it wasn’t called.
Posted via Mobile Device
Similar legacy to Denkinger?

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

The missed double dribble didn’t give much of anything to Virginia other than the ball out of bounds.....again. They missed a foul on Jerome just before the mis-dribble. Auburn was trying to foul with so many fouls to give. Was it a double dribble? Absolutely. It’s oversight didn’t give Virginia much (any) of an advantage in the sequence of events.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
The stupid foul at the 0.6 sec mark affected the game too.

As for the double dribble, I called it as soon as it happened and can't believe the ref missed it. That wasn't a once-in-a-decade play that is written up in the refs casebook that everyone skips over because 'it'll never happen'. I see that play - literally - every weekend. Kids dribble behind the back and bounce it off their feet all the time. It's second nature to the Royal ref on how to call it and what to look for.

However, once it's called the players and coaches have to move on to the next play...that Auburn totally f'd up. There was 0 reason to be within 5' of someone shooting a fade-away 3 from the corner yet the defender decided to go after him. Stupid.

Did the refs affect the outcome by missing the DD? We don't know but can speculate. TT may have thrown the inbound pass away...or been called for 5-seconds...and Auburn could have gotten the ball back. We don't know.

Did the defender affect the outcome with a stupid foul? We know he did because it lead to 3 made FTs.

Am I glad I'm not the ref that missed the DD? Ummm, do I even have to answer that question??
My last post on the McNeil thread I stated how impressed I am at the knowledge of Flyer fans with respect to recruiting and the rules of basketball. I watched the UVA/Auburn game and after the hectic ending I was looking forward to a rollo post to clarify the 2 crucial calls that everyone was talking about! The game of basketball is oftentimes so fast that it is easy to miss something. Yesterday, I completely missed the dd at 4 seconds like 90% of the millions that viewed the game. I did, however, agree that the last foul at 0.6 seconds was the correct call. If the Auburn player would have jumped straight up vertically there would have been no contact. Instead he lunged forward and made contact with his lower body which was a stupid foul and the referee made the right call.

The unfortunate thing is that sequence #2 doesn't even happen if the double dribble had been called and Auburn probably would have won the game but Auburn also would also have won if Doughty would have kept his distance as Guy's fallaway jumper was a rushed shot. If you get beat on a 3 pointer at the buzzer and the game was officiated with no controversial calls (easier said than done) a loss would be easier to take. Whats the old saying, "Never look back with regret!"

As usual, rollo hit the nail right on the head with his interpretation of the events. Many of us play the game of golf and the USGA rules are in a book that is a half inch thick. I have never read it cover to cover and don't intend to. Fortunately, only the pros need to know them as it could cost them a tournament and a lot of prize money! Just ask Dustin Johnson as it cost him the U.S. Open as he improved his lie while he was in a bunker that had been trampled down by the gallery!

rollo, did you mean to say Auburn, instead of TT, may have thrown the inbound pass away...or been called for 5-seconds...and Virginia could have gotten the ball back. I think we all know what you meant or did you do that on purpose just to see if someone would catch it? ha

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 04-07-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

The missed double dribble didn’t give much of anything to Virginia other than the ball out of bounds.....again. They missed a foul on Jerome just before the mis-dribble. Auburn was trying to foul with so many fouls to give. Was it a double dribble? Absolutely. It’s oversight didn’t give Virginia much (any) of an advantage in the sequence of events.
Bruce Pearl should have told all his defenders "absolutely do not put yourself in a position to get called for a foul". The loss is HIS responsibility, not the player called for the foul. That said, I didn't lose too much sleep last night over that call...
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

I agree. The Auburn player clearly fouled the VA player twice after the miss-dribble so could VA argue the refs cost them the game had they gotten the DD correct and they never got the ball back?

Refs impact every game. How many missed OB calls or fouls etc. occurrence the first 39 minutes and 50 seconds? How about inconsistency in what a could is?Those are no less important to outcome of the game then the DD. To state that call alone impacted the outcome would be wrong.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 02:16 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Soft contact isn't a foul. At least it shouldn't be. Contact that gives you an advantage is a foul. The 2 bumps before the non-DD call I would classify as soft contact...especially considering the situation/score/time remaining.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Bruce Pearl should have told all his defenders "absolutely do not put yourself in a position to get called for a foul". The loss is HIS responsibility, not the player called for the foul. That said, I didn't lose too much sleep last night over that call...

He probably did tell them. Doesn't mean they listened.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sid Louick (04-07-2019), UD62 (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 03:21 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
First, I see college refs missed palming, double dribbles and changing pivot foot all the time. This was not the first time refs missed a play like this.

I may disagree with contact before the double dribble. That little push may have been enough for the ball handler to dribble the ball off his foot. That move is delicate. A push can change that dribble.

On the last play, refs are in no win situation. UVA fans would have screamed bloody murder over a no call. Remember UD NCAA loss in OT to DePaul years ago. To me a foul is a foul at every point in the game. Refs not allowed to decide the game in the last minute and let them play is playing the game for 39 minutes with one set of rules and the last minute with another.
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
First, I see college refs missed palming, double dribbles and changing pivot foot all the time. This was not the first time refs missed a play like this.

I may disagree with contact before the double dribble. That little push may have been enough for the ball handler to dribble the ball off his foot. That move is delicate. A push can change that dribble.

On the last play, refs are in no win situation. UVA fans would have screamed bloody murder over a no call. Remember UD NCAA loss in OT to DePaul years ago. To me a foul is a foul at every point in the game. Refs not allowed to decide the game in the last minute and let them play is playing the game for 39 minutes with one set of rules and the last minute with another.
Good points...all of them. Is it a wonder anyone wants to be a ref?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2019, 03:54 PM

Thanked 17,094 Times in 5,099 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle Davis didn't foul Marks. Or did he? Edwin Young didn't get fouled at the Gardens. Or did he? Refs are human and make mistakes just like players and coaches. Nobody was perfect last night. Sometimes you get the bear; sometimes the bear gets you.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (04-07-2019), Sid Louick (04-07-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Kyle Davis didn't foul Marks. Or did he? Edwin Young didn't get fouled at the Gardens. Or did he?

(a) No
(b) Yes
Old 04-07-2019, 04:11 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Did not watch the game last night, but just watched the replay. Definitely double dribbled, but was also definitely grabbed by the Jersey as he went after it. Could he have regained his dribble without the grab, don't know. Could either of the calls been made? definitely.

The three pointer I watched in slow motion. Was clearly before the shot, and looked to affect the shot as well.

The calls, or lack thereof, were not nearly as bad as I have been led to believe.
Old 04-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute

NOT. EVEN. CLOSE.

Having the ball again vs. not having the ball isn't much (any) of an advantage for Virginia?
Old 04-07-2019, 04:53 PM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Another question for our resident official: why was the ball inbounded so far down the sideline after the foul? The foul took place about three feet inside of half court and they inbounded about another 10 feet up the sideline. That is a big difference on the angle of that pass.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-07-2019, 05:15 PM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Definitely double dribbled, but was also definitely grabbed by the Jersey as he went after it. Could he have regained his dribble without the grab, don't know. Could either of the calls been made? definitely.
Yes, good point, he was fouled both before and after the dd, that may have thrown him off and not enabled him to legally regain his dribble.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Another question for our resident official: why was the ball inbounded so far down the sideline after the foul? The foul took place about three feet inside of half court and they inbounded about another 10 feet up the sideline. That is a big difference on the angle of that pass.
I wondered the same thing. You're supposed to inbound the ball at the point of interruption...you know, like where the violation/foul/time out occurs. Where they placed the ball for that throw-in was like an NBA spot in the last 10 sec.

In other words, I have no idea and definitely changed the angle of the pass.
CT Flyer (04-07-2019), CvilleFlyer (04-07-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Soft contact isn't a foul. At least it shouldn't be. Contact that gives you an advantage is a foul. The 2 bumps before the non-DD call I would classify as soft contact...especially considering the situation/score/time remaining.
I would agree with that assessment. The one was a grab but I think the refs knew they were attempting to foul and anticipating it so in that scenario it wouldn’t have surprised me to see a foul called there especially if the DD hadn’t occurred and that same contact was made.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2019, 12:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...6470446/get-it

The more I hear Bruce Pearl talk the more I like him.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post

Read this and tell me if you still feel the same.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...kee-violations
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (04-08-2019), JimBo (04-08-2019), longtimefan67 (04-09-2019), rollo (04-08-2019), ud2 (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 03:18 PM

Bruce Pearl is a fat Rick Pitino.
CE80 (04-08-2019), CJ2etc (04-09-2019), CT Flyer (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 03:50 PM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Read this and tell me if you still feel the same.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-bas...kee-violations

I've said this several times over the last few weeks, but I'm surprised there hasn't been more mention of the Chuck Person situation the last few weeks. Heck, I've heard people mention Pearl's name as a coach that certain schools should absolutely go and try and get and kept thinking to myself, why would a school put themselves thru that potential mess. Its like the sports media conveniently forgets all of the shadiness behind Pearl, yet it almost always comes up in prolonged conversations about Coach Cal.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 04:49 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute

Except that he's a crook and a liar.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-09-2019), JimBo (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 08:36 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,151 Times in 2,712 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe he has changed?!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Lieutenant General

Jarrett Culver's stock is not rising so far in this final four.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Wow. Going to OT for the national championship. UVA used all their nine lives?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
UVA going to win the championship playing . . . wait for it . . . 7 guys all tourney

Last three games down to the wire, and they made plays down the stretch despite key guys playing nearly 40 minutes a game

very Impressive. Cool story after losing to 16 seed last year
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-08-2019, 11:50 PM
Lieutenant General

One team's star stepped up the other's did not...difference in the game.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:56 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
One team's star stepped up the other's did not...difference in the game.
Hunter was outstanding in 2nd half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to 312to937 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-08-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:56 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
TT loses by 8 to UVA, in OT, in the national championship game.
UD loses by 7 to UVA, in regulation, in a November tournament in the Bahamas.

And yet, to some on this board, UD is not that good of a team. RIIIIGHT...
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-09-2019)
Old 04-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
TT loses by 8 to UVA, in OT, in the national championship game.
UD loses by 7 to UVA, in regulation, in a November tournament in the Bahamas.

And yet, to some on this board, UD is not that good of a team. RIIIIGHT...
Posted via Mobile Device
Child, please.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2019, 12:46 AM

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the 2nd half and ot...I felt like Grant Hill was right in saying that tt relied offensively on too much 1 on 1 play and not enough team play/ball movement coming as a result of their motion offense...tt made a lot of very tough shots, but I felt like their luck with the tough shots would eventually run out, and their luck with the tough shots did run out...poor shot selection by tt at times too.

UVA looked like the better team IMO and deserved to win: more structure and organization on offense...better shot selection too.

TT kept giving up too many offensive rebounds too.

I thought the refs favored UVA some, but that did not determine the outcome, tt had their chances to win.

Last edited by ud2; 04-09-2019 at 12:54 AM..
Old 04-09-2019, 08:22 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by 312to937 View Post
Child, please.
Posted via Mobile Device
Look, sonny, I didn’t say we were Final Four good. I was just saying that there have been people on this board who were using the fact that we spit the bit in our marquee games this year to justify their positions that (a) we weren’t that good of a team, and (b) Grant is a horrible head coach.

Were we Final Four good? No.

Were we even NCAAT-worthy? The Committee didn’t think so, and we did nothing in the NIT to prove otherwise.

Has this program generally underachieved for much of the past 30 years (relative to the resources dedicated to it)? Yes. HOWEVER,

Did we suck this past year? To the point of my original post: no. And,

Is Grant the coach who will get us back to where we were from 2013-17? Time will tell, and until it does, this camp will be divided into the believers (which includes me) and the haters (who are self-evident through their posts).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Major General

longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe he has changed?!
Posted via Mobile Device
He has, he's gotten older and less wise. Thanks to the previous poster who supplied the link from SBNation. Pearl's been involved in so much shady dealings it's really hard to keep track of it all. That article is a perfect synopsis of his entire (pathetic) career.
Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 10:25 AM

Canonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond reputeCanonball has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a big believer that bad calls win/lose games for teams but I hate to see the refs impact games this way on the biggest stage. UVA definitively benefited from a couple of very close calls late in the last two games. The review of the ball going off of Moretti's pinky hair was in my opinion a misuse of replay and it should've been Tech's ball. You had to squint and magnify that play and I still don't see it. Shouldn't have been overturned as it wasn't perfectly obvious. Does it mean Tech wins, probably not, but again refs should not be impacting games that way.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-09-2019), JimBo (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
I'm not a big believer that bad calls win/lose games for teams but I hate to see the refs impact games this way on the biggest stage. UVA definitively benefited from a couple of very close calls late in the last two games. The review of the ball going off of Moretti's pinky hair was in my opinion a misuse of replay and it should've been Tech's ball. You had to squint and magnify that play and I still don't see it. Shouldn't have been overturned as it wasn't perfectly obvious. Does it mean Tech wins, probably not, but again refs should not be impacting games that way.
Agreed about the use of replay! I said it when baseball added it that there were going to be unintended instances where it was going to catch a guy lifting his finger a centimeter off the bag or a shortstop's foot coming off the bag a millisecond before he catches the ball. Same is now happening in basketball.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (04-09-2019), JimBo (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 12:07 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Canonball View Post
Not only didn't the ultra slow-motion video inconclusively show whether or not Moretti's pinky finger was touching the ball, you have the idiot CBS announcers trying to impose their opinion on the game; which is ironic as they clearly didn't comment on the arm grab by the other Virginia defender as both were chasing Moretti down the floor. The stats tell it all last night; Virginia went 12/12 from the free throw line IN OT!

And i'll add...the last play where the TT shooter took a shot from the corner baseline (3 point shot) - he was fouled on the body and arm, probably worse than Virginia was fouled by Auburn in the semis - it was exactly the same play same time left on the clock. UVA gets the call in their game, TT does not in the final and again, the CBS announcers call it "great defense"...

Last edited by longtimefan67; 04-09-2019 at 12:10 PM..
Old 04-09-2019, 12:18 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Not only didn't the ultra slow-motion video inconclusively show whether or not Moretti's pinky finger was touching the ball, you have the idiot CBS announcers trying to impose their opinion on the game; which is ironic as they clearly didn't comment on the arm grab by the other Virginia defender as both were chasing Moretti down the floor. The stats tell it all last night; Virginia went 12/12 from the free throw line IN OT!

And i'll add...the last play where the TT shooter took a shot from the corner baseline (3 point shot) - he was fouled on the body and arm, probably worse than Virginia was fouled by Auburn in the semis - it was exactly the same play same time left on the clock. UVA gets the call in their game, TT does not in the final and again, the CBS announcers call it "great defense"...
Don’t disagree with much of this, but eight of Virginia’s free throws came on purposeful Texas Tech fouls in the final 41 seconds.
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:33 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
With TT up 3 with 12 sec left to go, the TT defender left Hunter open. Big mistake. He should have stayed on his man and if a 2 is scored, so be it. They still would have been up 1.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (04-10-2019), Gazoo (04-09-2019), jack72 (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:56 PM
(Formerly O'Side Flyer)

Brad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud of
With TT up 3 with 12 sec left to go, the TT defender left Hunter open. Big mistake. He should have stayed on his man and if a 2 is scored, so be it. They still would have been up 1.
I would have fouled and given him 2 FT. If he makes them both, still up 1 and UVA most likely would foul after the inbound to send TT to the line. Still would have eaten up a bit of clock. I've never understood why teams up 3 with seconds left (and I know a lot can happen in 16ish seconds) are reluctant to foul and risk 2 rather than risking a 3.

Didn't work out for TT last night.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:01 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Yep the defender left the weakside to defend a potential layup leaving the hottest player on the floor wide open. You see very very few defensive lapses by TT players but that terrible...
Old 04-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
To say that some calls were missed is okay, because a few are every game. To say UVA got the benefit is a bunch of crap.

That last play was a defensive cluster by TT. They collapsed three defenders in the lane, and had one on the ball and one where ever. That game is on the coach and players for complete stupidity by a team that plays great defense for 39+ minutes. It looked like three or four guys playing zone and one or two playing man.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Forget about the refs aiding UVA, they got the benefit of mistakes by the opposing defense in both the semis and finals. Auburn player fouled a 3 pt shooter on last shot and the TT defender helped in the lane instead of guarding the 3 pt line. They also had that crazy play to take Purdue into OT. Duke had some of those too but their luck ran out against MSU.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Don’t disagree with much of this, but eight of Virginia’s free throws came on purposeful Texas Tech fouls in the final 41 seconds.
Absolutely. A well officiated game overall. Remember, TT had just 3 fouls called on them the first 19 plus minutes of the game. Outside of the OOB call reversal to give the ball to UVA it was clean for 2 very physical defensive teams..
Old 04-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Lieutenant General

Why did Culver come down and settle for a three on the last possession too? He should have taken that ball to the rim, maybe got fouled.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:02 PM
Major General

Ya terrible possession by Culver and TT. He had around 10 seconds or so and as well as he played the last 10 or so minutes of the game nobody was going to stop him from getting to the rim. He may not have finished but probably a foul happens, imo.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 03:29 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Final records

Dayton . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21-12, 3rd in the A-10, NIT first round

Flyer opponents:

North Florida (W) . . . . . . . 16-17, 3rd in the Atlantic Sun Conference
Coppin State (W) . . . . . . . 8-25, 8th in the MEAC
Purdue Fort Wayne (W) . . . 18-15, 3rd in the Summit League
Butler (W) . . . . . . . . . . . . 16-17, 8th in the Big East, NIT first round
Virginia (L) . . . . . . . . . . . . 35-3, first in the ACC, NCAA National Champions
Oklahoma (L) . . . . . . . . . . 20-14, 7th in the Big 12, NCAA round of 32
Mississippi State (L) . . . . . . 23-11, 6th in the SEC, NCAA first round
Detroit (W) . . . . . . . . . . . . 11-20. 6th in the Horizon League
Auburn (L) . . . . . . . . . . . . 30-10, 4th in the SEC, NCAA Final Four
Tulsa (L) . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18-14, 7th in the American Conference
Western Michigan (W) . . . . 8-24, 6th in the MAC West
Presbyterian (W) . . . . . . . . 20-16, 5th in the Big South, CIT quarterfinals
Georgia Southern (W) . . . . 21-12, 2nd in the Sun Belt Conference
Richmond (W) . . . . . . . . . 13-20, 10th in the A-10
Geo Washington (W) . . . . 9-24, 12th in the A-10
UMass (WW) . . . . . . . . . 11-21, 12th in the A-10
VCU (LL) . . . . . . . . . . . . 25-8, first in the A-10, NCAA first round
St Bonaventure (W) . . . . 18-16, 4th in the A-10
George Mason (L) . . . . . . 18-15, 5th in the A-10
Fordham (W) . . . . . . . . . 12-20, 14th in the A-10
St Joe's (W) . . . . . . . . . . 14-19, 10th in the A-10
Duquesne (WW) . . . . . . . 19-13, 7th in the A-10
St Louis (LWL) . . . . . . . . 23-13, 6th in the A-10, NCAA first round
Rhode Island (WL) . . . . . 18-15, 8th in the A-10
Davidson (W) . . . . . . . . . 24-10, 2nd in the A-10, NIT first round
La Salle (W) . . . . . . . . . . 10-21, 9th in the A-10
Colorado (L) . . . . . . . . . . 23-13, 4th in the PAC 12, NIT quarterfinals

Overall . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 481-426

CE80 (04-09-2019), JimBo (04-09-2019), San Diego Flyer (04-09-2019), SeasonTicketFan (04-09-2019), ud69 (04-09-2019), Widget (04-10-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 05:44 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
So, the A10 was 0-2 in the NCAA's, and 0-2 in the NIT.

With 7 out of 18 possessing a winning record. Pretty dismal.

We can take solace in that we won 21 games and turned a bad last year into something positive this year to build upon. And help is on the way.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:01 PM

Thanked 3,137 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
When was the last time we played the eventual national champions during the regular season? Not an opportunity that we have very often.
Old 04-09-2019, 09:18 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
...and also another Final Four participant in Auburn?
Old 04-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
When was the last time we played the eventual national champions during the regular season? Not an opportunity that we have very often.
Next year all of Dayton's opponents will say this.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-10-2019), flyerfanatic86 (04-10-2019), Glen Clark (04-09-2019), SLUFLYER (04-09-2019), Widget (04-10-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 10:17 PM
General

Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Next year all of Dayton's opponents will say this.

That made me smile . . .

CE80 (04-10-2019), UDGutter2 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Well, it will make me smile too. I won't describe what else it will do to me since this is family-friendly site.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 10:57 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Or two Final Four teams in a season?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:22 AM
General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
So, the A10 was 0-2 in the NCAA's, and 0-2 in the NIT.

With 7 out of 18 possessing a winning record. Pretty dismal.

We can take solace in that we won 21 games and turned a bad last year into something positive this year to build upon. And help is on the way.

Last I checked, their were 14 teams in the A-10 . . .

Old 04-10-2019, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Ya terrible possession by Culver and TT. He had around 10 seconds or so and as well as he played the last 10 or so minutes of the game nobody was going to stop him from getting to the rim. He may not have finished but probably a foul happens, imo.
Agreed, Culver had been cold all game (and the last) not sure why he decided to put it up. Better option was to drive, especially given that he had just take his man to the rack easily a couple of plays before. Plus he would've likely drawn contact and all they needed was a single bucket. I would've like to have seen them work the ball to Mooney or Moretti more in overtime but Culver seemed to just keep shooting .... and missing. Either way that overturn call seemed to shift the momentum in the building and it was all over after that. Bad call IMO, who knows if it changes the outcome but I tend to not think so. They lost because of plenty of other things that have been pointed out above. Mainly they went ice cold at least twice in that game and had to dig out of 10-12 point deficits. Not easy to do against UVA.
Mad Props to Canonball For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (04-10-2019)