User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 11:17 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
2016 Transfer Market

is open for business! Seems like we'll have some movement either in or out or both on this front. We have the last several years.

Cullen Neal leaving New Mexico. He's a West Coast kid, so no shot there.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...her-craig-neal

Canyon Barry, Rick Barry's son, leaving College of Charleston as a graduate transfer, led the team in scoring last year.

http://www.live5news.com/story/31468...ter-graduating

I imagine he will end up at a high major.

Others:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2016
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-16-2016)
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2016, 01:08 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
I have some Bonnie friends that are worried Jalen Adams may transfer. Apparently Texas is a rumored spot if he where to go. He has a real close relationship with Schmidt, which could deter him from leaving. But then again, Schmidt will likely be linked to some openings this offseason so who knows.

I hope he stays at SBU as its good for the A10, but if he leaves how could you blame him. SBU had their best season in the past 50 years and isn't dancing.

If he where to transfer, is there a rule about transferring within conference? Not saying it should/would/could happen, but hypothetically could he transfer to Dayton?
Old 03-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Most if not all schools will not allow a player to transfer to a school in the same conference.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:35 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Bona losing Jay Adams would suck. I wonder why Texas, Shaka connection? I believe he's from Baltimore.

Got some time to worry about this, but I wonder if anyone on UD's squad is entertaining transferring. Is Cooke going to graduate and perhaps go the graduate transfer route? Does Miller or X see last season's transfer plus Big Steve on the roster and find a place where they might see more playing time? Are any of the frosh dissapointed w/ the lack of playing time? I'd hate to see anyone move on, but its the state of college basketball today, teams are going to lose roughly 1 kid to transfer, on average, every season.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Bona losing Jay Adams would suck. I wonder why Texas, Shaka connection? I believe he's from Baltimore.

Got some time to worry about this, but I wonder if anyone on UD's squad is entertaining transferring. Is Cooke going to graduate and perhaps go the graduate transfer route? Does Miller or X see last season's transfer plus Big Steve on the roster and find a place where they might see more playing time? Are any of the frosh dissapointed w/ the lack of playing time? I'd hate to see anyone move on, but its the state of college basketball today, teams are going to lose roughly 1 kid to transfer, on average, every season.
Why would CC even contemplate that unless he sees himself as going into the draft? The guy is the best player and leading scorer with incredible reign of freedom given to him on an annual NCAA team with multiple players coming back playing 30 plus mpg in the best venue in the country?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Browns (03-15-2016), UD90 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:07 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Why, I don't know, I'm not in his head. And no, I have no idea if he's contemplating it, but it may be a possibility depending on where he is w/ his school work. I'll always remember the kid who transferred from NC state to Wright St, sat out a year, played 1 season, then transferred to Kentucky as a graduate Transfer and started for UK (I think this was the season before Anthony Davis and Co showed up on campus).

To be fair, I wondered the same thing with Vee and Sibert in recent seasons b/c of that Wright State situation. I am in no way saying I think it will happen, and I in no way am saying that the thought has even crossed his mind, just that it could be a possibility. Odds are overwhelming that somebody will transfer, we just don't know (nor is it guaranteed). I think Wherlie has 1 season of eligibility, he could be a possibility as well along the graduate transfer route. He was given his senior night, so it would appear he's hanging them up at UD one way or another.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:13 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Unless there is some internal strife amongst the players/coaches, I don't see why any of the players would want to transfer. The Freshman all had playing time this year and they must know if they put in the work, their minutes are only going to increase. Plus, why wouldn't we make the NCAA again next year. The frosh will come into their Junior year with Senior minutes to take.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Academy Doolie

flyerfanday1 will become famous soon enough
Rumor has it that Sam Miller has not been happy about playing time, as most kids are these days.. If I see anyone go it would be him.. No way cooke graduates and transfers and we still have 2 years of steve graduating and transferring so lets not worry about that yet.
Mad Props to flyerfanday1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
If I were big Sam I'd be frustrated as well. The kid got upset a few times in games, so now he doesn't leave the bench. Never mind he has SHOTMAKING ability from distance. Against Syracuse, if he gets to play against the zone, I guarantee he would spike a few threes. If he leaves we will regret it like you wouldn't believe.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
guys come and go. On average now each team in Division I will lose two players to transfer each year.

These days it is a bit of a surprise if someone doesn't leave.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:00 PM
General

Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
Unless there is some internal strife amongst the players/coaches, I don't see why any of the players would want to transfer. The Freshman all had playing time this year and they must know if they put in the work, their minutes are only going to increase. Plus, why wouldn't we make the NCAA again next year. The frosh will come into their Junior year with Senior minutes to take.
There are probably fans of every NCAA team that say the same thing each season, yet on average, teams lose 1 transfer a season, its been that way for 15+ years, and feels like its increasing. Why did Vee leave G'town and Jordan leave OSU after 2 seasons on successful squads? Why did Price leave after starting for an elite 8 squad? Things happen, kids find themselves wanting something "different", its more than likely going to happen, even if we, as fans, can find all the logical reasons for that kid to stick around.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
NorthwestFlyer (03-15-2016), Smitty10 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Price is Wright View Post
If I were big Sam I'd be frustrated as well. The kid got upset a few times in games, so now he doesn't leave the bench. Never mind he has SHOTMAKING ability from distance. Against Syracuse, if he gets to play against the zone, I guarantee he would spike a few threes. If he leaves we will regret it like you wouldn't believe.
Posted via Mobile Device
When Sam watches video of himself/his reactions to fouls called, missed shots, turnovers, blown defense, etc., I'm sure the coaches help him understand why he doesn't leave the bench.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
1903 Flyer (03-15-2016), BRob2Perryman3 (03-15-2016), shocka43 (03-21-2016), UD90 (03-29-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 03:09 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
We had a transfer about five years ago from an A10 school. He was a guard and seems he came from Richmond. I would take Adams in a heart beat.

I doubt that Archie takes a fifth year kid. He has stated in so many words, he does not prefer that route.

Hard to tell who could transfer from UD. Sometimes the less obvious are the ones that go, remember Price?
Old 03-15-2016, 03:13 PM

Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
We had a transfer about five years ago from an A10 school. He was a guard and seems he came from Richmond. I would take Adams in a heart beat.
Andres Sandoval.

He went from Richmond to a JC in Florida to UD. It was not a direct transfer.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-16-2016), FLYER5 (03-16-2016), jack72 (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 03:21 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Most if not all schools will not allow a player to transfer to a school in the same conference.
I looked around but could not find a good answer. I don't think a school can stop a transfer to a particular school of it is the sit out a year and then play. The league may have a rule against accepting transfers from other schools. I do think there are circumstances where a school can stop a player from going to a particular program. One is if they are letting someone out of an LOI. However I do remember a situation a couple of years ago that a player from St Joes wanted to go play somewhere immediately but Martelli wouldn't cooperate. Don't remember what those circumstances were.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:27 PM

Lawrence Funderburke is an example of the intraconference transfer. Most conferences have rules, in the case of Funderburke I believe he had to pay his way at OSU for the first year or two.

Quite often a release will come with some caveats, like not being able to transfer within the conference.

In the Martelli/SJU case Todd O’Brien was a grad transfer that SJU never granted a release. O'Brien lost every appeal and never suited up for UAB.

Last edited by Sea Bass; 03-15-2016 at 03:30 PM..
Old 03-15-2016, 03:29 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Schools can stop a transfer by limiting their release or not granting a release. Lack of a release I believe requires the player to sit out two years.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Hope we can land a shooter. A real jump shot maker. That's what holds this team back. Pollard, Kyle, Big Steve, can't shoot well. Darrell has lost his shot. Pierre is leaving. Cunningham is not a shooter. None of the freshmen show real stop and pop ability. Don't know about Landers.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-15-2016), flyerfan4life (03-15-2016), jack72 (03-15-2016), TommyGola (03-15-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 05:13 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that Archie takes a fifth year kid. He has stated in so many words, he does not prefer that route.

Hard to tell who could transfer from UD. Sometimes the less obvious are the ones that go, remember Price?
Price's transfer didn't surprise me one bit. I even posted a topic and got shot down by everyone that brought up the problem he might have. The fact anyone with eyes could see that he was going to lose his one season starter role for the rest of his UD career was the issue. Scoochie was star material and Price wasn't. Add the fact that he needed a year off to fix his knees, it was a no-brainer.

If the Flyers lose anyone this season, the one I could see doing the least amount of damage is Mikesell. With Trey Landers coming in, it seems that Mikesell just won't have a position for a few years. You'll have Pollard, Cunningham, Willliams, Landers and Cooke taking up two out of the 5 players on the floor. You'll have KD, DD, SS and Crosby taking up 2 other positions on the floor and you will need Big Steve and Sam Miller taking up one with Pollard also being used there.

Miller could be unhappy because there might not be any path that ever makes him a starter here. DD could be unhappy because he won't be a starter until his senior season. I'm not sure if there's ever going to be a time for Mikesell to start and at least another year of low minutes.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-15-2016 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-15-2016, 08:40 PM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
So how many kids have transferred from UD and gone on to a great career at another school, particularly one with a strong winning basketball program? Think the answer is almost no one. If anyone wants to sit out a year and then go to the backwaters of Southern Mississippi And their ilk we should wish them goodby and good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (03-16-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 08:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Juwaun Staten comes to mind.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (03-15-2016), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (03-16-2016)
Old 03-15-2016, 09:09 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
He would only hurt himself. The team will go on. He's not there on D, that is very visible. But, he will improve. His three shooting is also not there yet either. You can see he has potential to shoot the three. At 6'9", you think he could grab a board or two. Oh, that's right he did grab 1.4 boards for 10 min per game. For this season, who comes off the court? KP, DP, SM, DD, CC, (Chris or Charles, take your pick), Scooch? Does he play better D than any of them? Go look at what these upper classmen did as freshman.

Hard work and better D will get him on the court. He's not on the bench due to a temper tantrum, Archie would have put him back in by now. If he thinks he's entitled to be put out there, send him to west Virginia.

I'm willing to bet a beer he stays, and develops into a solid player.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 12:28 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Elijah Minnie is transferring from Robert Morris. If memory serves, Archie offered him late (very late bloomer) but Minnie rewarded the school who made the first offer out of high school. Then after his freshman year, Minnie asked for a transfer but was talked into staying. So it's no surprise he's asking out again and being granted a release to play up a level. Kid is really good, and I would think a lot of A10 schools would have interest. But Clemson has another of his former teammates, and it sounds like they are really on Minnie hard right now while others are gearing up for the tourney.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-16-2016), jack72 (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 06:28 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Guys I believe the intent of this thread was to discuss transfers coming INTO the program not to speculate about as to who might transfer out. Archie is on record as saying they would use the one remaining scholarship for a transfer if a good player was available
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (03-17-2016), Flyer 86 (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 07:09 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Guys I believe the intent of this thread was to discuss transfers coming INTO the program not to speculate about as to who might transfer out.
Then feel free to limit your comments to only those coming IN and let the rest of us discussing all aspects of transfers, which includes those coming in and out.

Or change the title of the thread...wouldn't be the first time.
bhflyer5 (03-17-2016), BRob2Perryman3 (03-19-2016), CT Flyer (03-16-2016), flyerfanatic86 (03-16-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 07:31 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
We are going to be a senior laden starting five next year. KD, SS, CC and KP. Therefore, I would think that any UD interest in transfers would be kids leaving after their freshman or sophomore years. With regard to our present young UD players and I know trying to be objective can be difficult for them, they should look at the big picture of their future and UD basketball and the number our seniors and realize that there will be plenty of playing time next year for them and thereafter.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

cobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura aboutcobra8u has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Why, I don't know, I'm not in his head. And no, I have no idea if he's contemplating it, but it may be a possibility depending on where he is w/ his school work. I'll always remember the kid who transferred from NC state to Wright St, sat out a year, played 1 season, then transferred to Kentucky as a graduate Transfer and started for UK (I think this was the season before Anthony Davis and Co showed up on campus).

To be fair, I wondered the same thing with Vee and Sibert in recent seasons b/c of that Wright State situation. I am in no way saying I think it will happen, and I in no way am saying that the thought has even crossed his mind, just that it could be a possibility. Odds are overwhelming that somebody will transfer, we just don't know (nor is it guaranteed). I think Wherlie has 1 season of eligibility, he could be a possibility as well along the graduate transfer route. He was given his senior night, so it would appear he's hanging them up at UD one way or another.
dude just stop with random bs ideas!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:41 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Kory Holden a sophomore 6'2 two guard from Delaware might be interesting.

This season, Holden finished third in the CAA in scoring (17.7 ppg), fourth in 3-point shooting (38.8 percent), fourth in assists (4.2 per game) and eighth in free-throw shooting (79.5 percent).
Old 03-16-2016, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
he could stay at UD
Old 03-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Major General

priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
I really feel like Mikesell is going to be a player if he can figure out defense. He has great offensive instincts, I would hate to just throw that away after a subpar year.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (03-17-2016), CT Flyer (03-16-2016), UDGutter2 (03-17-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 11:13 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I think any of the freshmen who feel they weren't given a fair shake are kidding themelves. Mikesell just has to know he's not ready for this action yet, same for XW. Just not their time. Miller only really played because DP wasn't there early then saw relatively little action. Welcome to the big time, guys, get your head right and earn it.

Mikesell might actually think he just doesn't belong at this level, but short of that the rest of the freshmen got the PT they seemed to deserve. I hope Mikesell sticks around and improves.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (03-17-2016), Buster Goode (03-17-2016)
Old 03-16-2016, 11:34 PM
Lieutenant General

His fg percent is less than 40. I'd pass. We already have DD at that level.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2016, 11:36 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
His fg percent is less than 40. I'd pass. We already have DD at that level.
Posted via Mobile Device
Shooting 38% from 3 and being a good free throw shooter makes me wonder if there's something more to it
Old 03-16-2016, 11:59 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Posted via Mobile Device
I would be perfectly happy to see Sam Miller leave. Slow, low bball IQ, shows very little effort in the game, and complains way too much.

What I'd hate to see, and what I think will happen, is Mikesell leaves. Just based on body language after the games in Brooklyn, I think he's the most likely to want to leave. I also think he has some of the most upside of all freshmen.
Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Lol. Sam Miller not happy with his playing time. I'm not happy with his playing....at times too.
Posted via Mobile Device
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-17-2016), Bucketnight (03-17-2016), Cityengr (03-19-2016), Flyer 86 (03-17-2016), maddog07 (03-17-2016), rollo (03-17-2016), shocka43 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Just as the quality of player that stays has gotten better and the quality level of transfers has gotten better, the quality level of the transfers leaving will be getting better. I agree Mikesell and Sam are the most likely but I think XM, and even DD are a risk. DP is being replaced by Cunningham (hopefully). There is a new freshman class. We could lose a few transfers.

Good teams lose good players.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:28 AM

Miles of SJU, who became a first team all A-10 type this year, average 1ppg as a freshman and 3ppg as a soph. No reason to give up on any of the frosh at this point.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buick-Flyer (03-17-2016), jack72 (03-17-2016), LI Flyer (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
He guys: re Miller and Mikesell - that's kinda cruel don't you think.

They are freshman and by all rights should be playing with freshman and not being asked for contributions on the big stage. Their contributions are to give starters a rest or if in foul trouble. When leaving the game, the score should not be worse for UD than when they entered because of their playing.

I agree there is frustration when they don't perform well but they are being thrown into games and competing against players who have been playing on the big stage for probably three years. Don't you think that the opposing coaches we face tell their experienced players, "here comes a freshman for UD, muscle him, take him down low, make him work, yadda yadda yadda." We are in the tournament with the help of their contributions. We are not out of the tournament because of their poor play.

I would rather all Archie's recruits stay and improve. They play ball in summer leagues and Archie will have them working on things he feels they need to improve on. I don't necessarily want a transfer from another school, who was unhappy there and may not find that UD was what he was looking for. Although it has worked out well with KD, JS and CC.

Just win on Friday.
14 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer68 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill McPeek (03-18-2016), Buick-Flyer (03-17-2016), Cityengr (03-19-2016), cobra8u (03-20-2016), FLYER5 (03-17-2016), GoFlyer (03-17-2016), jack72 (03-17-2016), John C. (03-17-2016), LI Flyer (03-17-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-17-2016), NovaFlyer (03-17-2016), oldfan (03-17-2016), runnerup (03-17-2016), Townie (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 08:50 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
The one I don't want to transfer is XW, but he would be the most likely to leave for more playing time and possibly the only candidate to leave on his terms. Possibly one freshman may be persuaded imo. I don't think XW leaves I'm just noting his worth to me compared to the other freshmen. It would give pause to a budding UD-Wayne connection with Landers coming in next year. I would put Crosby in the mix.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:02 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I think everyone has been mentioned as possibly leaving except Scooch, Pollard, Steve and Kyle. Looks like we will back to six players or less. My opinion is that Pierre is most likely to leave. With so few players coming back, someone needs to start a thread on 2016 Transfers Available.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-17-2016), GoFlyer (03-17-2016), John C. (03-17-2016), NovaFlyer (03-17-2016), Smitty10 (03-17-2016), springborofan (03-17-2016), Sticks 'n Stearns (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 09:09 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Every year we talk about how long it takes big men to develop and how even good big men at this level can take 2-3 years before they are ready. I can't believe how many of you are ready to just throw Sam Miller away before his first season is over. Give me a break! The guy is 6'9, has a decent stroke from the outside and will be in much better shape next year. We don't win against Duquesne, and at URI without him. Let him adjust to the level, get in better shape, and he will be fine.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 03-17-2016 at 09:38 AM.. Reason: Typo
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Garson (03-17-2016), jack72 (03-17-2016), San Diego Flyer (03-17-2016), Sticks 'n Stearns (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Every year we talk about how long it takes big men to develop and how even good big men at this level can take 2-3 years before they are ready. I can't believe how many of you are ready to just throw Sam Miller away before his first season is over. Give me a break! They guy is 6'9, has a decent stroke from the outside and will be in much better shape next year. We don't win against Duquesne, and at URI without him. Let him adjust to the level, get in better shape, and he will be fine.
Yep....Thank god their decisions and fingers don't go beyond a message board..Sam Miller went thru something very very few kids go thru each year and that was a total breakdown of his body (losing 25 lbs. or so) at the same time he had to adjust being away from home, eating a totally different diet than he had his first 18 years, doing all this while practicing every day for a big-time D1 program, and (last but not least) being told and expected to play well during games..You see, Big Steve had to do most of that, as well, but had a FREE year to do it as far not having to play in games with lofty expectations that can mean wins/losses with chances to let major frustration take over when things don't go well..

Folks, all because Sam did most of that very very well it does NOT mean he all of a sudden displays the maturity of a 22-23 year old 4th/5th year player.......The kid was beaten down and is still on the way being built back up......Sam Miller will work his tail off in the off season both in the weight room, on the practice court, and watching film and, imo, will be a major player at UD going forward..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (03-20-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 09:31 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
You guys better get back on topic before Swampy has a coronary.

As for off-topic commentary, we need XW to stay. He's athletic enough to force Steve to come off the bench. But he needs more meat. Now, if Steve develops more than 1 offensive move, he'll be fine. I'm just not sure he's athletic enough to become unpredictable with the ball on the low post.

SMiller is a head case off the court. Nobody should lose sleep over the prospects of him leaving.
Buster Goode (03-17-2016), CT Flyer (03-17-2016), shocka43 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 09:39 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
You guys better get back on topic before Swampy has a coronary.

As for off-topic commentary, we need XW to stay. He's athletic enough to force Steve to come off the bench. But he needs more meat. Now, if Steve develops more than 1 offensive move, he'll be fine. I'm just not sure he's athletic enough to become unpredictable with the ball on the low post.

SMiller is a head case off the court. Nobody should lose sleep over the prospects of him leaving.
I think none of the frosh red shirting says volumes too. Leads me to believe they are all expendable and if they want to go they can.

And I disagree about XW. I saw lots of athleticism but very little basketball skill.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:47 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Mikesell needs to get stronger so he can go up against bigger players where he would be the quicker guy instead of trying to guard smaller quicker guys.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:56 AM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Steve is going to be a good big, add a 5th year Grad transfer who can score and we can be very good next year. Josh and Trey add bulk and are very good athletes. X if he really gets after it in the weight room gives us a group that could( I know its not Archies thing) really pressure on defense. I believe you will see two transfers, one a younger sit out the year and one 5th year.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:58 AM
Captain

Angry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud of
After the Donlon firing disaster, should UD inspect the scrapheap for any left over potential transfers. I like the Benzinger kid, because he can shoot. Maybe Thomason.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
The one I don't want to transfer is XW, but he would be the most likely to leave for more playing time and possibly the only candidate to leave on his terms. Possibly one freshman may be persuaded imo. I don't think XW leaves I'm just noting his worth to me compared to the other freshmen. It would give pause to a budding UD-Wayne connection with Landers coming in next year. I would put Crosby in the mix.
CT flyer posted about little hoops skill from Xeyrious. Are yo u kidding me? Freak athlete. Guys gonna be a stud by his junior year and should contribute more next year.

He and Mikesell need to hit the weight room is all.

I see head case issues with Mr young Sam Miller. He has some balls skills.... let's just say let's see where this goes. Personally i wouldn't be upset to see him go. He was acting like Monmouth on the sidelines - thats something we do not want in my opinion.

I'm wondering if DD could be a risk. Those closer to the program probably know how attached or invested he is in the Program.

PS - I DEFINITELY don't want to see Williams transfer, for a few reasons. Think he's a stud, plus the connections to the Wayne program.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-17-2016), rollo (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 11:17 AM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
We seem to be loaded at the 3,4 and 5 positions going forward. But where is our 1 and 2s going to come from in 2017-2018 season other than Crosby and Baby D? It's going to be rough if our 2 backups are both freshman. A backup freshman PG is not alarming because we've already experienced that 4 times in the last 4 years. But to have a backup freshman SG also is scary. And then we lose Baby D, so we'll need another. And it might be worse as we won't have a tweener guard like Sibert or Cooke as a 3rd starter.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:57 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
CT flyer posted about little hoops skill from Xeyrious. Are yo u kidding me? Freak athlete. Guys gonna be a stud by his junior year and should contribute more next year.

I see head case issues with Mr young Sam Miller. He has some balls skills.... let's just say let's see where this goes. Personally i wouldn't be upset to see him go. He was acting like Monmouth on the sidelines - thats something we do not want in my opinion.

I'm wondering if DD could be a risk. Those closer to the program probably know how attached or invested he is in the Program.

PS - I DEFINITELY don't want to see Williams transfer, for a few reasons. Think he's a stud, plus the connections to the Wayne program.
God forbid he have fun supporting his teammates from the bench. And he has is far from the first to do this at UD. Go watch the highlight videos from the E8 season everytime UD hit a 3. The end of the bench went crazy EVERYTIME. I agree that the antics are annoying...but not wanting them to be excited and rooting for teammates? Come on...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (03-18-2016), Glen Clark (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 12:17 PM
General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
We seem to be loaded at the 3,4 and 5 positions going forward. But where is our 1 and 2s going to come from in 2017-2018 season other than Crosby and Baby D? It's going to be rough if our 2 backups are both freshman. A backup freshman PG is not alarming because we've already experienced that 4 times in the last 4 years. But to have a backup freshman SG also is scary. And then we lose Baby D, so we'll need another. And it might be worse as we won't have a tweener guard like Sibert or Cooke as a 3rd starter.
isn't Landers a shooting guard?

I also think another guard on the transfer market is probably on the table
Old 03-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Angry John View Post
After the Donlon firing disaster, should UD inspect the scrapheap for any left over potential transfers. I like the Benzinger kid, because he can shoot. Maybe Thomason.
Granted, I only watched one of their games all season, but I didn't see one player on that team that I thought would make a good fit with the Flyers, even in a bench role.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:00 PM
General

Yep, you're right. Is he the tweener at 6'5?

I'm seeing a lot slower Flyers team in two year.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Captain

Angry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud ofAngry John has much to be proud of
Benzinger might help out. The question is, can he get his shot off fast enough ? Dude can shoot. We need an off guard shooter.
Mad Props to Angry John For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 01:22 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
If the player who should go is the player who has contributed the least this season then the only pick is Cunningham. He has shown absolutely nothing in the entire year he has been enrolled at UD.

But then again we are not talking about what these players have done this year but rather what they can do in the future. As the fans of XW indicate it is not what he has done on the court this year (virtually nothing) but what (they with all their coaching instinct) can see is his potential. Archie (based on his coaching instincts) recruited all the Freshmen based upon their potential not as first year players but after they had a chance to develop. After all Archie already had an ironman five he could have deferred recruiting anyone for another two years if he expected his recruits to be starters their first year.

I trust Archie's instinct better than the bloggers on this board.

I hope all the Freshman have found at UD an environment that they will not want to leave and that none of them transfer. And that they all develop into the players that Archie saw them becoming when he recruited them.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (03-18-2016), T-Bone 84 (03-18-2016), TerryK_67 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 01:27 PM
General of the Air Force

I say we make Detwon Rogers give up his scholarship. He has done nothing since he got here.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (03-17-2016), T-Bone 84 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Major General

Trey is a 2 guard but not much of a shooter at least outside of mid range at this point.....Not to say he won't or can't be but his length and athleticism is what jumps out when you see him....Truly a tough kid who might be as good an athlete minus the height as Chris Wright was...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-17-2016), OSU Flyer (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 01:40 PM

Is he the tweener at 6'5?
6'3" wearing shoes.

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Trey is a 2 guard but not much of a shooter at least outside of mid range at this point...
He's a slasher...athletic and quick.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Our second string should not even be thinking of going elsewhere unless they want minutes in DIII. They undoubtedly got schooled in every practice by our upperclassmen.

And that takes nothing away from their potential to contribute more next year and possibly grow into a starting role the following year.

There are minutes available from Pierre's departure. Josh Cunningham is not a one-for-one replacement for Dyshawn. There are minutes at backup point guard. There are minutes when Kendall's knees give out. Back up center is up for grabs. There are more minutes if DD doesn't surpass the Freshman numbers he had, forgetting for a moment this year's (please).

There is playing time available team. Go out and improve and grab it.

As far as transfers, in the A10 you can never have enough good point guards and/or shooters. We should be ok on the boards again.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 03-17-2016 at 01:45 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016), rollo (03-17-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Let's just hope he turns it around, unlike another Sam...Sam Smith.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Let's just hope he turns it around, unlike another Sam...Sam Smith.
Sammy Smith turned it around...when he hit the Texas border...
Buster Goode (03-17-2016), shocka43 (03-21-2016), springborofan (03-18-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 03:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Yep, 1972 Wimbledon, Smith loses the first set comes back and takes out Nastase in 5 sets.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Yep, 1972 Wimbledon, Smith loses the first set comes back and takes out Nastase in 5 sets.
That was STAN Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-17-2016, 04:27 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
XW has great potential. He really really really needs to work hard on his defense in the off-season. Definitely want him here.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:31 PM
General of the Air Force

That was STAN Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh yeah.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Colonel

Falcon7 is on a distinguished road
Mikesell is a bit too slow for this level, he's not an inside player, so putting on muscle will not really help. IMHO
Old 03-18-2016, 12:43 AM

UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
You can be a step slow and play at this level. Tons of guys do. It's all abou basketball IQ. Mikesell
Has it on offense and not so much yet on D. Pretty common out of HS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2016, 01:07 AM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Trey Landers is 6'3 and not a centimeter taller. The people that are expecting him to show up and be an impact player from day one might be disappointed. I expect his playing time to be no different than this year's current freshman. If Trey is going to play shooting guard than he is going to need to work extremely hard on his ball handling and shooting skills. He's ALOT like XW in terms of freakish athletic ability and length. Biggest difference is that Trey will come in with a college ready body, I just worry about how effective he can be offensively from the perimeter.
Mad Props to RamodWaleskowski For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 01:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
He!!, I hope they all stay, work on their bodies & their games over the summer, and come back next year ready to be a "shock wave" when our then-seniors need a breather.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-18-2016), Swampy Meadows (03-18-2016), TMPH66 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:24 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Trey Landers is 6'3 and not a centimeter taller. The people that are expecting him to show up and be an impact player from day one might be disappointed. I expect his playing time to be no different than this year's current freshman. If Trey is going to play shooting guard than he is going to need to work extremely hard on his ball handling and shooting skills. He's ALOT like XW in terms of freakish athletic ability and length. Biggest difference is that Trey will come in with a college ready body, I just worry about how effective he can be offensively from the perimeter.
If he can be the all new Kyle Davis, I'm ok with that.
Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:47 AM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
I have stood next to him. He is AT LEAST 6'4" and probably closer to 6'5".
Old 03-18-2016, 08:17 AM
Major General

Don't think it's even a question what position he'll be categorized as he'll be considered a "2" but, really, that's just a number in Archie's system....Kyle Davis is so far off from being considered a "2" guard in the skill requirement that he might as well be a 4......He can't shoot like a 2, create like a 2, and even dribble like a 2 but the innate qualities are off the chart..

I'm sure Archie would love KD to be more of a 2 with the required skills but he's been a starter for 2 years now and will start next year (obviously, no real choice last year but there was this year)......Trey brings another 3-4", extreme length, and tremendous athleticism..If he can bring the other same abstract qualities, desire, and fight that KD brings then he'll get some minutes next year and plenty the years after..
Old 03-18-2016, 08:33 AM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post

I did say XW has a ton of athleticism but that doesn't mean someone has basketball skill and IMO he does not have much basketball skill. I was in school when Al Sicard came in as a freak athlete too and it never translated to much from a basketball standpoint except for a few highlight reel dunks. I hope I am wrong on XW but I'm willing to bet he won't ever amount to much more than a role player here or anywhere else for that matter.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:58 AM
General

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
He!!, I hope they all stay, work on their bodies & their games over the summer, and come back next year ready to be a "shock wave" when our then-seniors need a breather.
Posted via Mobile Device
I would hope everyone "hopes they all stay, and work on their bodies and games". In Archie's relatively short tenure, he's shown consistent ability to improve a player's game. From Big Kav right off the bat, Devon Oliver's steady improvement and monster senior season, Siebert's ability to find a consistent long range game his junior season, then figuring out how to be a quality defender his senior season, Scooch's transformation of his body between year 1 & 2, Kyle Davis hitting a steady dose of three pointers year 3, Pollard going from a nobody his frosh season to a huge impact player the last 2 seasons, etc.... if Archie remains the coach, each of those kids should feel confident that he will provide them the guidance they need to improve their game.

John Crosby will find a way to slow the game down while improving his strength. Its easy to see how he's already improved at a similar rate as Scooch did his freshman season, now he just needs to pack on the muscle like Scooch did over his first offseason to help him finish around the rim a little better.

Mikesell needs to hit the weights and work on his foot quickness. You can see he's got a solid basketball IQ on the offensive end, if he works as hard as Archie regularly says he does, he'll catch up on the defensive end.

Big Steve has already made a great stride, is there any doubt more is to come this offseason?

Miller, like Big Steve just needs to pack on some solid muscle mass; he can do something Steve can't do by extending defenses, they could pair well together.

X, not to sound like a broken record, but like most frosh needs to hit the weights. His athletic ability is really high, Archie will find a roll for him, similar to how he found a role for Pollard moving forward.

Its far too early to write off any of these young men, but the truth is on average, somebody will transfer, it just happens. Who is anyone's guess, perhaps even none, but to make a prediction on their future impact at this point is a bit premature, I think you need to give a kid at least 1 offseason with the program before you judge. That first offseason is typically huge for development.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-18-2016), cobra8u (03-20-2016), ruechalgrin (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 10:44 AM
General

I think the luxury we have presuming everyone returns is that with Davis & Davis, Mikesell and Cooke he can take his time developing
Old 03-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Lieutenant General

I volunteer to help DD fill out the transfer papers. Most improved my eye. He stunk up the gym again today. He's lost his rich from outside and can penetrate, create or assist. The reality is that to get better we need to weed out the weak and upgrade. He's just not up to this level of play and we are too thin to carry him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2016, 07:10 PM
General

I volunteer to help DD fill out the transfer papers. Most improved my eye. He stunk up the gym again today. He's lost his rich from outside and can penetrate, create or assist. The reality is that to get better we need to weed out the weak and upgrade. He's just not up to this level of play and we are too thin to carry him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, because everyone knows that someone who shows promise as a Freshman, regresses in their Sophomore season, never amounts to anything when they become Juniors and Seniors. Man, I so wish we would've cut DMO loose after his Sophomore season because he was nothing but negative minutes his first two seasons.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (03-20-2016), m21eagle45 (03-18-2016), NYCFLYER (03-18-2016), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (03-21-2016), ruechalgrin (03-18-2016), T-Bone 84 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Lieutenant General

I don't necessarily want to see DD leave because at one point in the season I thought he was improved in some areas of his game other than 3 PT shooting (defense, mid range game, slashing) but by the end of the season he was totally lost. I think he may however consider transferring because his minutes/game barely increased this year and it may not get much better next year.

In general how long after their teams are done playing do potential transfers make it known publicly?
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I don't necessarily want to see DD leave because at one point in the season I thought he was improved in some areas of his game other than 3 PT shooting (defense, mid range game, slashing) but by the end of the season he was totally lost. I think he may however consider transferring because his minutes/game barely increased this year and it may not get much better next year.

In general how long after their teams are done playing do potential transfers make it known publicly?
He always looks like he's in pain. Find your stroke and get out of your funk, because if you don't you won't get PT and you may be better off at a new school.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:34 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Seriously?
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 08:41 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
6'3" wearing shoes.

He's a slasher...athletic and quick.
In other words...he's Marcus Johnson redoux.
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Yes, because everyone knows that someone who shows promise as a Freshman, regresses in their Sophomore season, never amounts to anything when they become Juniors and Seniors. Man, I so wish we would've cut DMO loose after his Sophomore season because he was nothing but negative minutes his first two seasons.
And, to dovetail off that, who else remembers Mike Kanieski? Dude was a stud as a skinny PF on the 1978-79 team, averaging almost 12 points and 9 boards/game. In the summer of '79, Flyer fans thought, "If he's that good as a freshman, think how good he'll be as a sophomore!" Well, he backslid to 9-1/2 & 5 as a soph. Kick him to the curb? Hardly. He averaged almost 18 ppg and 7-1/2 boards his last 2 years, and is now in the UD Athletics HOF.

Granted, I'm talking about different players in different eras. And I'm not suggesting Baby D is going to become the 2nd coming of Roosevelt Chapman. I'm just saying, don't give up on the kid.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (03-20-2016), Flyer 86 (03-21-2016), Glen Clark (03-19-2016), mikeymo85 (03-21-2016), NYCFLYER (03-18-2016), Smitty10 (03-18-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:04 PM

In other words...he's Marcus Johnson redoux.
Landers has a nice stroke and release. Marcus shots had sidespin.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-18-2016), Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Lieutenant General

Marcus was a little taller I believe too...6'5" or 6'6" maybe?
Old 03-18-2016, 09:19 PM

No way. On his best day Johnson was a little more than 6'2. May have been listed a little taller but not even in the media guide at 6'5 plus.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
No way. On his best day Johnson was a little more than 6'2. May have been listed a little taller but not even in the media guide at 6'5 plus.
Posted via Mobile Device
My bad, just looked it up 6'3".
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Sea Bass View Post
Landers has a nice stroke and release. Marcus shots had sidespin.
Nice to know. At least he doesn't need to have his shot completely reconstructed. Maybe he brings energy & athleticism next year and some shooting ability by year 2.
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-18-2016, 09:40 PM
General

Nice to know. At least he doesn't need to have his shot completely reconstructed. Maybe he brings energy & athleticism next year and some shooting ability by year 2.
Hey T-Bone, tried to send you a pm back and it said you've exceeded your quota of stored messages.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:56 PM
General of the Air Force

Hey T-Bone, tried to send you a pm back and it said you've exceeded your quota of stored messages.
Fixed the problem, Smitty. Fire away!
Old 03-21-2016, 02:25 AM
General

Big South's leading scorer announces he is going to transfer

DeSean Murray at Presbyterian, a 6-foot-5 forward who averaged 20.7 points and 7.4 rebounds per game for the Blue Hose with a 31.3 PER.

Jeff Goodman ‎@GoodmanESPN
Sacred Heart's Cane Broome is transferring. Put up 23 points per game this past season. 6-foot sophomore guard.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016), FLYER5 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 08:43 AM
1st Lieutenant

PalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nice
Mark it down, last 'ship will be a STUD!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PalmBeachFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (03-21-2016), FLYER5 (03-21-2016), San Diego Flyer (03-21-2016), UDBrian (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 09:16 AM
Lieutenant General

We may be best served with a 5th year transfer who can play immediately. With the team we have coming back, we desperately need a shooter. Assuming Cunningham replaces Pierre, we lose some much needed offense as Josh is more a rebounder/defender than a scorer and certainly not know for outside shots.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-21-2016), springborofan (03-21-2016), TerryK_67 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 09:16 AM

Big South's leading scorer announces he is going to transfer

DeSean Murray at Presbyterian, a 6-foot-5 forward who averaged 20.7 points and 7.4 rebounds per game for the Blue Hose with a 31.3 PER.

Jeff Goodman ‎@GoodmanESPN
Sacred Heart's Cane Broome is transferring. Put up 23 points per game this past season. 6-foot sophomore guard.
Murray has made only one three pointer in two years. Must be an athlete. Do we want another non-shooter? Pass

Broome shot 212 threes at only 31% and 77% on free throws. Maybe
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 09:49 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PalmBeachFlyer View Post
Mark it down, last 'ship will be a STUD!
I like the way you think and hope you have the scoop
Old 03-21-2016, 10:35 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see a stud 2-guard who can shoot the 3 off the dribble. That would open up the zones for us.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Angry John (03-21-2016), CE80 (03-21-2016), Flyer 86 (03-21-2016), PalmBeachFlyer (03-21-2016), steve (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Captain

Need a 40% + shooting off guard.
Mad Props to Angry John For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Captain

Don't be down on DD. He shot 42% from three last year. He had a lot of family sickness and death. When a person has to deal with that, they have a tendency to lose their touch in sports that require a feel. He should recover. Show a little respect for him.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Angry John For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-21-2016), OSU Flyer (03-21-2016), Smitty10 (03-21-2016), TMPH66 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 11:25 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Williams and Mikesell aren't going anywhere. Williams is athletic and needs a year in the weight room. His athleticism outweighs Miller in terms of coming off the bench as Miller doesn't get defense, pouts, etc...that's is why he was designated to the end of the bench.

Mikesell has a BB IQ. Local kid isn't going anywhere either. He just needs to catch up to the game. He has skills, just doesn't get defense either. With him it is size and speed.

Miller...don't know...but in the past when we have seen players end up in the dog house halfway through the season...some of the writing is on the wall. Players that were delegated to the pine in the past went elsewhere. I am not stating that Miller doesn't have the potential, but if I am struggling on the court, the last thing I am doing is getting a case of the ass every time something doesn't go my way. Multiple sources have indicated that he needs an attitude adjustment and body language alone on the court is pretty evident of that.

I hope they all stay and develop over time, but I wouldn't be surprised if Miller beat feet before the other two.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by Angry John View Post
Don't be down on DD. He shot 42% from three last year. He had a lot of family sickness and death. When a person has to deal with that, they have a tendency to lose their touch in sports that require a feel. He should recover. Show a little respect for him.
No idea if that affected him but it's especially difficult for a 19 year old kid, away from home, who may be dealing with it for the first time in his life..Multiple parts of his game improved but now he needs to get comfortable shooting the ball again....I'd imagine 300-400 shots a day with a clear head helps..
Old 03-21-2016, 12:10 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Our second string should not even be thinking of going elsewhere unless they want minutes in DIII. They undoubtedly got schooled in every practice by our upperclassmen.

And that takes nothing away from their potential to contribute more next year and possibly grow into a starting role the following year.

There are minutes available from Pierre's departure. Josh Cunningham is not a one-for-one replacement for Dyshawn. There are minutes at backup point guard. There are minutes when Kendall's knees give out. Back up center is up for grabs. There are more minutes if DD doesn't surpass the Freshman numbers he had, forgetting for a moment this year's (please).

There is playing time available team. Go out and improve and grab it.

As far as transfers, in the A10 you can never have enough good point guards and/or shooters. We should be ok on the boards again.

AGREED SDF, A healthy Pollard, Big Mac and Josh Cunningham should suffice on the boards.

Cooke is a very good rebounder, and Kyle def contributes when needed.

IT's all about guard play and shooting for us.

One other note: I'll give him another year, but this is ostensibly John Crosby's team in 2 years to lead from the Point. How does that make you feel? Good? Worried. Too early to tell?

For the following Year - Arch needs to recruit a PG for both backup and if JC craps it. I feel pretty certain he can score and drive. Not certain he can run a perimeter and half court offense.
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Viperstick (03-23-2016)