User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-18-2017, 06:58 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,624 Times in 764 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Online yearbooks and media guides

Some real treats here.

https://issuu.com/search?q=dayton+basketball
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (07-18-2017), jack72 (07-19-2017), Justin (07-18-2017), MNFats (07-18-2017), OSU Flyer (07-18-2017)
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2017, 08:45 AM
Captain

hessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nicehessbz12 is just really nice
I just came across the Dayton basketball program from January 1972 versus Louisville in which my Dad is on the front. He was a Junior that year. My wife and I recently moved into a new house and I framed his home jersey with the program and hung it in my basement. I tried posting the picture here, but wasn't sure how.

I remember when the programs used to be huge and had a page dedicated to each player. Growing up as a kid I used to collect them.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hessbz12 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-19-2017), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-19-2017), longtimefan (07-19-2017), MikeFlyer (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
Some real treats here.

https://issuu.com/search?q=dayton+basketball
Okay, I clicked the link and scrolled for two seconds... and yes, there is lots of great Flyer hoops-related content, but my eye went right to the July 2017 and March 2017 Dayton Jewish Observers.

July issue raises the following questions:
How can one's dog help them navigate Judaism to find independence? Perhaps, they are looking to find Independence, Missouri? Or the declaration of independence? If I convert to Judaism, am I eligible to receive a special document-sniffing dog? Or is this piece somehow about Matej Svoboda whose name translates to freedom, a close synonym of independence? Of course, freedom's just another word for nothing to left lose, so perhaps Bobby McGee is the secret to this riddle? Trade all your tomorrows for a single yesterday!

And then in the March issue, the headline is a truly puntastic head scratcher: WRITER TO RIGHT PASSAGE ON WRIGHT'S WRONG... what or who is this all about? Wilbur? Orville? Chris? Or is it a piece in which Jablonski justifies McKinley Wright wronging the Flyer Faithful by decommiting from Dayton?

So many questions!!!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (07-20-2017), rollo (07-19-2017), ud2 (07-20-2017)