Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-04-2019, 09:36 AM
1st Lieutenant

Flyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to beholdFlyerferd is a splendid one to behold
Good job out of Neil Sullivan last night!

We can gripe all we want about the schedule, but this was the perfect game at the perfect time. I cringe to know how we would’ve done against an Indiana State or borderline bracket buster opponent last night. C Buffalo, 2013 post Maui. Neil did a great job of scheduling this particular one.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-04-2019), Gazoo (12-04-2019), wes (12-04-2019)
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2019, 09:43 AM
1st Lieutenant

shwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud ofshwag33 has much to be proud of
Yep, look at how michigan played at louisville last night.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 12,974 Times in 5,758 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Houston Baptist was horrible. They’d struggle to compete at Flyin’ To The Hoop...if they got invited. Which I doubt they would.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Captain

steverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Houston Baptist was horrible. They’d struggle to compete at Flyin’ To The Hoop...if they got invited. Which I doubt they would.
Posted via Mobile Device
right! great job by Neil Sullivan...

we need to get our legs back after going to Maui,
playing 3 games,
and flying back....

so agree, and that is what we needed!

go Flyers!
Old 12-04-2019, 10:16 AM

Thanked 1,304 Times in 513 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
It took an absolute en fuego hot shooting stretch for one player for this game to be remotely interesting for a half. It is precisely what the doctor ordered to cure the Maui hangover.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:23 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,049 Times in 600 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't think it was a Maui hangover as much as I thought it was we thought we were a little "too cool for school" to start the game. That can happen when you start reading your own headlines. Credit to HBU for making us remember we are only as good as our last game and we started to play like a team again instead like a bunch of individuals who thought we were way too good to be playing a team like HBU.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sticks 'n Stearns (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 11:09 AM

Thanked 5,570 Times in 2,759 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I didn't think it was a Maui hangover as much as I thought it was we thought we were a little "too cool for school" to start the game. That can happen when you start reading your own headlines. Credit to HBU for making us remember we are only as good as our last game and we started to play like a team again instead like a bunch of individuals who thought we were way too good to be playing a team like HBU.
I think the team said, these guys like to run - well watch us run them out the door.
San Diego Flyer (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 11:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,394 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
As I was watching the game last night, I thought HBU's approach seemed similar to the loyola Mayramount and Arkansas approaches of the 80s/90s. Found out he was an assistant at Arkansas under Richardson, so it reasons all makes sense, press and get up as many shots as possible. Doesn't have the defenses that Richardson had at Arkansas to make his press truly effective against a top level D1 school.

Will be interesting to see how they do in conference, he had a great run when HBU was an NAIA school, but have struggled with the progression to D1, started to break thru a few years ago, then had a down year. They appear to be OOC road warriors taking on all road trips for cash for their athletic department.

On that note, I was impressed with the calmness that CAG had to start the game. It was obvious that UD was eventually going to run them out of the gym, but CAG was patient, the first media timeout, I'm not even sure if CAG addressed the team or not, the huddle started out with Mikesell addressing the team, then Landers took over and looked like he was ripping the team a new one. I think that's a good thing for the direction of the team, let them figure it out on their own in a situation where the was very little chance of an upset.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (12-04-2019), steverino015 (Yesterday), ud2 (12-04-2019), UDGutter2 (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
IMHO it was definitely a Maui hangover. Crutcher, Mikesell and Toppin looked tired (from the load they carried in Maui), not Trey though, he's just so strong, not sure he ever gets tired.
As soon as others came in we started to pull away. And I am glad it unfolded that way, they got to show their stuff in meaningful minutes, not mop up time.
Honestly, I don't think any of them think they are "too cool for school", not one.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
steverino015 (Yesterday)
Old 12-04-2019, 12:42 PM

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
Trey must believe in the past years ... UD teams music ... "WE DON"T GIT TIRED". IMO Trey has the Kyle Davis swag ... "I'm coming after you ... try to stop me".

Pregame coach Ricardo Greer mentioned HBU would play an offense just like Kansas did ... I didn't recognize that was the case ... because we had a bigger front court than HBU.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:13 PM

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
I thought it was fatigue/travel hangover as well. The starters all looked like they were playing in a fog. We started looking much better when the bench guys came in. Just not the same wear and tear on those guys after big minutes in three games plus travel.

This was a rough stretch between Maui and St. Mary's. Need a tuneup game, but we were for sure going to be battling fatigue. Houston Baptist was about as good a pick for this game as we could get.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Wallage For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (Yesterday), steverino015 (Yesterday)
Old 12-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,062 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Our guard play in particular was poor. They made a lot of sloppy passes and lacked mental toughness in defending #22. By the way, what happened to him? Was he injured during the game. He disappeared in the second half.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:32 PM
1st Lieutenant

podcast411 is a jewel in the roughpodcast411 is a jewel in the roughpodcast411 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
IMHO it was definitely a Maui hangover. Crutcher, Mikesell and Toppin looked tired (from the load they carried in Maui), not Trey though, he's just so strong, not sure he ever gets tired.
As soon as others came in we started to pull away. And I am glad it unfolded that way, they got to show their stuff in meaningful minutes, not mop up time.
Honestly, I don't think any of them think they are "too cool for school", not one.
My whole family is still recovering from the trip - and all we did was stand in the crowd and cheer. The different time zone and the long travel takes a lot of out of anyone.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:50 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Now that Neil has mastered scheduling, can he fix the **** traffic/parking issues? The Queen and I spent 20 min on Stewart St (across from Emerson) and moved all of maybe 100 yds. Our 3 mile drive took 46 min. We left at 6:13 and barely made it to the intros. And without an Arena helipad, we have no choice but
to drive. Who’s in charge of traffic? The Mont Co DNC? Ugh!!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (12-04-2019), Radar (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 01:55 PM
General

Thanked 5,646 Times in 2,342 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Now that Neil has mastered scheduling, can he fix the **** traffic/parking issues? The Queen and I spent 20 min on Stewart St (across from Emerson) and moved all of maybe 100 yds. Our 3 mile drive took 46 min. We left at 6:13 and barely made it to the intros. And without an Arena helipad, we have no choice but
Posted via Mobile Device
Surprised your motorcade could not navigate traffic faster, no one going right for sirens and lights?

I think the backup on 75 south kicked more traffic onto surface streets.

If you would have RSVP'ed in advance a cold complimentary beverage might have been waiting on you.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-04-2019), wes (12-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Try taking a short cut and coming into the Arena from I-75. Either northbound or soutbound flows more smoothly. I don't know where you live but I agree Stewart St. is like a parking lot and is a real bottleneck! I would rather move slowly off the highway than sit in stopped traffic!
Old 12-04-2019, 02:05 PM

Thanked 1,735 Times in 743 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down 75 South

Posted via Mobile Device
I concur with ClaytonFlyerFan regarding the I75 south accident and back up, however, the traffic directing both pre and post game continues to be an issue. Last night wasn't too bad getting out, but considering the crowd size and early departures, I hesitate to call it improvement.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:08 PM
General

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
I concur with ClaytonFlyerFan regarding the I75 south accident and back up, however, the traffic directing both pre and post game continues to be an issue. Last night wasn't too bad getting out, but considering the crowd size and early departures, I hesitate to call it improvement.
At C gate about 615, 3 traffic guys standing beside the road holding there star wars light sabers doing nothing. Back up into the lot was starting early with their lack of help.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,808 Times in 861 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
At C gate about 615, 3 traffic guys standing beside the road holding there star wars light sabers doing nothing. Back up into the lot was starting early with their lack of help.
THIS!

Same story at every gate. They did absolutely nothing, leading to a free-for-all when it came to alternating north/southbound entrance into each lot. Another issue has to do with those who think that they can parallel park next to Welcome even though they aren't marked parking spots. Those people typically arrive later and think it's their private spot. I know one patron who will think otherwise after I watched an SUV crease his car door while backing out after the game.

Last edited by Radar; 12-04-2019 at 02:38 PM..
Old 12-04-2019, 02:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Not to mention, we got some pretty solid minutes from Chase, Ibi and Jordy. They were all involved when the tables started to change in the 1st half.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,394 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Our guard play in particular was poor. They made a lot of sloppy passes and lacked mental toughness in defending #22. By the way, what happened to him? Was he injured during the game. He disappeared in the second half.

He wasn't injured. A handful of things happened.

1st, he can't play (or isn't interested) in defense so he was a liability on that side of the floor.

2nd, UD started paying a little more attention to him and didn't allow him to get the ball in his hands much the last 3/4 of the game.

3rd, and probably the biggest reason was that he lost whatever Steph Curry mojo he was tapping into. My son was getting nervous early how he was hitting everything in site. I looked at him and said those are the exact shots you wanted him taking, kudos for him for knocking down 4 in a row, but they were fall way, leaners that he was draining, a shot that few could hit reliably. I told my son he was just in a zone, but it would pass, because if he could hit those shots on a consistent basis, he'd either not be at HBU or his team would have a handful of wins. He's a 33% career shooter who got "hot" for a few minutes. Its essentially the equivalent of Mikesell turning into Larry Bird for the first 8 minutes of a game, would you really expect him to continue hitting 3s in the 2nd half?
Old 12-04-2019, 03:18 PM

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Posted via Mobile Device
Sat for a good long while on Patterson trying to turn left onto Stewart. Around 6:25pm the police officer that was previously sitting on the corner of Patterson and Steward turned on his lights, drove over the bridge and parked next to the officer at Stewart and Edwin C. Not sure if he replaced that guy or just talked to him, but almost instantly traffic started moving better and the traffic light sequences actually started to make sense. Made over the bridge to D lot in about 5 min from that point.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Colonel

bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
We can gripe all we want about the schedule, but this was the perfect game at the perfect time. I cringe to know how we would’ve done against an Indiana State or borderline bracket buster opponent last night. C Buffalo, 2013 post Maui. Neil did a great job of scheduling this particular one.
Posted via Mobile Device
The big issue with Buffalo in 2011 was playing Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and then trying to turn around and playing Buffalo on Wednesday with only 2 off days. We've had at least 5 off days after our early season tournament every season after that.

Didn't have an issue with energy when we played Miss State after Atlantis. I'd guess playing 0-5 Houston Baptist contributed to our energy issues at least a little bit.

Last edited by bcross; 12-04-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Old 12-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,133 Times in 629 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
Try taking a short cut and coming into the Arena from I-75. Either northbound or soutbound flows more smoothly. I don't know where you live but I agree Stewart St. is like a parking lot and is a real bottleneck! I would rather move slowly off the highway than sit in stopped traffic!
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
THIS!

Same story at every gate. They did absolutely nothing, leading to a free-for-all when it came to alternating north/southbound entrance into each lot. Another issue has to do with those who think that they can parallel park next to Welcome even though they aren't marked parking spots. Those people typically arrive later and think it's their private spot. I know one patron who will think otherwise after I watched an SUV crease his car door while backing out after the game.
Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
Sat for a good long while on Patterson trying to turn left onto Stewart. Around 6:25pm the police officer that was previously sitting on the corner of Patterson and Steward turned on his lights, drove over the bridge and parked next to the officer at Stewart and Edwin C. Not sure if he replaced that guy or just talked to him, but almost instantly traffic started moving better and the traffic light sequences actually started to make sense. Made over the bridge to D lot in about 5 min from that point.

I can't believe you guys!!!!!!!!!

Here we sit having lost ONE D$$$ game and you're complaining about parking and traffic???!!!

Come on ... we lost a game hows that for an irritant?

Old 12-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Captain

Go-UD-Go is just really niceGo-UD-Go is just really niceGo-UD-Go is just really niceGo-UD-Go is just really niceGo-UD-Go is just really nice
UD used to know how to work the parking lot, but have been doing worse in the last few years. If they are going to continue to use amateurs they need to allow C and D lot access only from the north and A and B lot access only from the south.

I've also thought that they could use a rear exit through the park to Cincinnati Street.
rollo (12-04-2019), UDEE79 (Yesterday)
Old 12-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Sounds like you need a new helicopter mechanic?
Mad Props to N2663R For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:46 AM
Captain

steverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud ofsteverino015 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
My whole family is still recovering from the trip - and all we did was stand in the crowd and cheer. The different time zone and the long travel takes a lot of out of anyone.
toss in 3 games in 3 days along with the
travel... and it was fatigue, not some

"we are too good" idea... some of the
best performances were by those who
did not get major minutes in Maui..

it was fatigue
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanked 1,109 Times in 442 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post

I can't believe you guys!!!!!!!!!

Here we sit having lost ONE D$$$ game and you're complaining about parking and traffic???!!!

Come on ... we lost a game hows that for an irritant?

Hey, let's be glad it's December and parking/traffic is all we have to complain about.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (Yesterday), MrFlyerFanatic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
General

Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Hey, let's be glad it's December and parking/traffic is all we have to complain about.
Almost agree with you, but its not all we have to complain about

2/3 of my beer had evaporated before my chili brisket nachos (probably the best food at the arena) were ready at the concession stand pregame, talk about being slow.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; Yesterday at 11:27 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (Yesterday), MrFlyerFanatic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
Major

bigudfan is a glorious beacon of lightbigudfan is a glorious beacon of lightbigudfan is a glorious beacon of lightbigudfan is a glorious beacon of lightbigudfan is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Go-UD-Go View Post
UD used to know how to work the parking lot, but have been doing worse in the last few years. If they are going to continue to use amateurs they need to allow C and D lot access only from the north and A and B lot access only from the south.

I've also thought that they could use a rear exit through the park to Cincinnati Street.
Most games are sold out now compared to the past. Lot more traffic.
Mad Props to bigudfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
Colonel

UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigudfan View Post
They used to only allow C & D lots to turn left. Also, D lot used to fill when it was free, and then $5, but now that it is passes only it never fills. The biggest problem, I think, is many people in C & D lots don't know a quick way back to 75 since the Stewart St. way was closed off.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
HBU wasn't close to a sellout -- a lot of empty seats in the upper corners (and many student seats).

The inbound traffic was very slow (coming from Flanagan's). There always seems to be a backup until the 1st entrance (D), sometimes til C. The folks don't keep the traffic flowing and often stop the backed up traffic for a few cars coming from the I75 direction. Why not put out a skilled traffic controller to look at the problem and develop training to fix.

As a snide remark: UD game traffic is getting closer to WSU game traffic!
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM
Captain

Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill202 View Post
HBU wasn't close to a sellout -- a lot of empty seats in the upper corners (and many student seats).

The inbound traffic was very slow (coming from Flanagan's). There always seems to be a backup until the 1st entrance (D), sometimes til C. The folks don't keep the traffic flowing and often stop the backed up traffic for a few cars coming from the I75 direction. Why not put out a skilled traffic controller to look at the problem and develop training to fix.

As a snide remark: UD game traffic is getting closer to WSU game traffic!
WSU has game traffic?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (Yesterday), ClaytonFlyerFan (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,360 Times in 1,338 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
can't computers fix this stuff now
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

Thanked 5,616 Times in 2,562 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Monster Man View Post
WSU has game traffic?

No, just concert traffic, which is bad.
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM

Thanked 7,734 Times in 3,261 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Negative.

This has been discussed on threads all over the place. 50% of the traffic flow comes from the north...You can't continually stop that traffic for 75 traffic to cross over into the lots. It's that simple.

You can also keep two lanes turning into each entrance at once. One curb and one northbound. Each direction is happy.

I go in both directions to see the differences. Coming off 75 has been better this year. Those coming EDC and Stewart are screwed. Yes...HUB there was a crash on 75 but the gong show isn't any better and it is because the hired parking guards don't know what the hell they are doing....you can't have three lanes of stopped traffic at Stewart.
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Colonel

UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
They used to switch back and forth more quickly. I once recently waited on Edwin C for 15 minutes before being allowed to turn left into the parking lot. Traffic lights would do a better job.
Old Today, 04:27 AM

Thanked 7,734 Times in 3,261 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
They used to switch back and forth more quickly. I once recently waited on Edwin C for 15 minutes before being allowed to turn left into the parking lot. Traffic lights would do a better job.
Traffic cones and no one directing would do a better job...
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (Today)
Old Today, 07:03 AM

When you cross the Stewart St bridge and turn left onto Edwin Moses Blvd, there is a lit up sign above the road that show the 2 right lanes are for D lot when in reality only the right lane is for D lot.

So on Tuesday people in the 2nd lane were STOPPING just ahead of D lot in order to get over to the left so they could continue to C, B and A lot when they could have simply continued going straight from the lane they were in.

Why does that sign say that those 2 lanes are for D lot when only the right lane forces you into D?

That is one of many problems that are fixable and unnecessary.
ClaytonFlyerFan (Today), Radar (Today), UDGutter2 (Today)
Old Today, 08:27 AM
General

When you cross the Stewart St bridge and turn left onto Edwin Moses Blvd, there is a lit up sign above the road that show the 2 right lanes are for D lot when in reality only the right lane is for D lot.

So on Tuesday people in the 2nd lane were STOPPING just ahead of D lot in order to get over to the left so they could continue to C, B and A lot when they could have simply continued going straight from the lane they were in.

Why does that sign say that those 2 lanes are for D lot when only the right lane forces you into D?

Someone misplaced the light bright pegs and they are not sure what else to use to change the signage
Old Today, 09:00 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,808 Times in 861 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute

As one who takes this route, invariably 1 in 5 vehicles realizes when they get to D lot that it is a pass only gate and has to turn around.

Not to worry, we're only celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Arena...they'll get it figured out!
Old Today, 09:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,178 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
The back up on Stewart Tuesday night was there as early as 6pm. When I got up to the light to make the left turn, there was a car in the far left lane (marked A,B,C) FACING ME, waiting to turn left on to Stewart! All the cones were up and the lot attendants out on the street. How did they let him in that lane?