User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
The Best Way to Go Out...

If you have to go out, this is just about the best note to leave on.

We gave a great effort. We could have played better. They were the better team. It wasn't a heartbreaker.

* We gave a great effort. We never gave up and we played well enough to show that we belonged there.

* We could have played better, and the game was close enough that it shows we could have won if we played a game as good as we had against Stanford.

* They were the better team, though. If both teams played their best game, they still would have wound up on top. And hopefully they win the whole thing so we can make a feasible case that we're the second best team in the nation!

* It wasn't a heartbreaker. The game was close at the end, but it didn't come down to a made shot by them or a missed shot by us.

So no bittersweet taste about losing to a team we SHOULDA beaten. But the satisfaction of knowing with a better game we COULDA beaten them. And no single moment to linger in our mind about what WOULDA happened if the shot had gone in.

All that is left is to feel proud of this team and what they have accomplished. Thank you, Dayton Flyers!
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-30-2014), cintibUD (03-30-2014), Cleve (03-31-2014), Flyer 86 (03-30-2014), FLYER5 (03-30-2014), GoFlyer (03-30-2014), IAFlyer (03-30-2014), rasta man (03-30-2014), SLUFLYER (03-31-2014), Smitty10 (03-29-2014), T-Bone 84 (03-29-2014), UD Sam (03-30-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2014, 09:57 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Great run for the Flyers.

When they were down 14 at the half, I was thinking please please don't let this be a 30 point beatdown. I'm sure Archie was telling them just get it under ten and it's anybody's game, and then right out of the gate second half, two Flyer threes and it's an 8 point game.

Wow!

Flyers had several chances to get it to six or five, which would have been more like a tie game at that point, but misfires and bad breaks and a few big time moves by big time Florida stars and it was ten or twelve again.

I think losing to the #1 team in the nation on the big big stage by only ten was a reflection of how much guts this Flyer team has, and I stood in my garage by myself in front of my tv and applauded them.

Every member of that team makes me proud to say I'm a Flyer.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-30-2014), Flyer 86 (03-30-2014), FLYER5 (03-30-2014), GoFlyer (03-30-2014), NYCFLYER (03-29-2014), UD Sam (03-30-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
We made one more basket and **** better from three
We got killed on the glass especially the offensive end. Though we played too sloooow and tentatively at times particularly near the end. The game could have been won. Nevertheless a great run.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
If.....
Old 03-30-2014, 12:38 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
If.....
If? Elite Eight happened. No reason to ponder ifs. This season was amazing.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (03-30-2014), Bill McPeek (03-30-2014), Cleve (03-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
And before that, the Sweet Sixteen happened!
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cleve (03-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
If you have to go out, this is just about the best note to leave on.

We gave a great effort. We could have played better. They were the better team. It wasn't a heartbreaker.

* We gave a great effort. We never gave up and we played well enough to show that we belonged there.

* We could have played better, and the game was close enough that it shows we could have won if we played a game as good as we had against Stanford.

* They were the better team, though. If both teams played their best game, they still would have wound up on top. And hopefully they win the whole thing so we can make a feasible case that we're the second best team in the nation!

* It wasn't a heartbreaker. The game was close at the end, but it didn't come down to a made shot by them or a missed shot by us.

So no bittersweet taste about losing to a team we SHOULDA beaten. But the satisfaction of knowing with a better game we COULDA beaten them. And no single moment to linger in our mind about what WOULDA happened if the shot had gone in.

All that is left is to feel proud of this team and what they have accomplished. Thank you, Dayton Flyers!
You plagiarized. I wrote that.
Definitely did not play that well; and made it tenable that AM can do more at Dayton.
Soon AM will attract players that give Dayton inside presence, so we don't rely on making every shot to draw out stationary defense.
Mad Props to forego1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 11:30 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I don't disagree with you at all. I was referring to the post above mine.
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-30-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
I think losing to the #1 team in the nation on the big big stage by only ten was a reflection of how much guts this Flyer team has, and I stood in my garage by myself in front of my tv and applauded them.
Your TV is in your garage??? Just kidding, but I agree I couldn't be prouder of this team.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Your TV is in your garage??? Just kidding, but I agree I couldn't be prouder of this team.
Yeah, my teenage son got a 64" monster tv for free from "some rich guy who was upgrading" and we muscled it as far as the garage, and said to each other, "this works".

The thing must weigh 400 pounds, and you have to kick it in just the right place to get the screen to work, kind of like Humphret Bogart in The African Queen, but as he said, "I kind of like kickin it."

Me and my tools and a washer & dryer, my beer refrigerator and a beat up old couch and almost life-size Flyers on national tv - doesn't get any better!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
BOF02 (03-30-2014), CE80 (03-30-2014), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-30-2014), number21 (03-31-2014)
Old 03-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
Yeah, my teenage son got a 64" monster tv for free from "some rich guy who was upgrading" and we muscled it as far as the garage, and said to each other, "this works".

The thing must weigh 400 pounds, and you have to kick it in just the right place to get the screen to work, kind of like Humphret Bogart in The African Queen, but as he said, "I kind of like kickin it."

Me and my tools and a washer & dryer, my beer refrigerator and a beat up old couch and almost life-size Flyers on national tv - doesn't get any better!
Amen, and of course that little fact of it is a long hike for your wife to interrupt, I mean share time with you.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
Just off the Jet

Markxf will become famous soon enough
Awesome video of the Flyers Elite 8 run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnXnE-1jxc
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Markxf For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (03-31-2014), Glen Clark (03-31-2014), UACFlyer (03-31-2014)