Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Dayton-_avier question

Who would you rather have be the leader of your team right now in their carrers...

Chris Wright

Derrick Brown

I choose Chris Wright a talented, gifted kid who is the definition of a "BallPlayer"
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Colonel

zmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to beholdzmz723 is a splendid one to behold
Well I'm sure that that choice wasn't biased at all.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Captain

hUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these parts
and what is the definition of a "ballplayer"?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
someone who goes all out everyplay and nope its not a homer pick wright is more athletic, and if he can start to shoot the 3 ball. Wright will be NASTY
Old 09-23-2008, 12:01 AM

Binnie Bombs 33 is on a distinguished road
I think Wright will be a better player for sure ... but he has to prove it to me in clutch situations.

I take Derek Brown right now ... the guy is money and wins, we can't deny it.

I hate _avier ... but ... until Wright proves it, its Brown.

Let's not be bias.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Captain

SideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond reputeSideshowBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hUDygrad View Post
and what is the definition of a "ballplayer"?
Uh oh, someone struck a nerve with hUDygrad. Prepare for a Xavier lovefest.

Last edited by SideshowBob; 09-23-2008 at 07:47 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Colonel

BallgameJohnny is infamous around these parts
Brown is the better player right now.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Academy Doolie

XUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these parts
I do not see Dayton or Xavier doing anything this season if they are lead by Wright or Brown alone. As the Xavier teams in the past have proven you need a group of three guys, seniors/juniors that can lead and carry a team into March.

In 2004 Xavier had Lionel Chalmers, Romain Sato, and Anthony Myles lead them to the elite eight. In 2008 Xavier had Drew, Stanley, and Josh Duncan lead them to the elite eight. This season leading Xavier will be Brown, Anderson, and BJ Raymond.

I think Dayton is going to do better without the 'one' guy (Brian Roberts) leading them. Having one guy lead you generally leads to four guys watching one. David West was an awesome college player but his teams never was able to advance in the tourney or win big games because he was the focal point and not the team. If Dayton is to have a great year Wright, Little, and Johnson need to lead this team.

If you had me pick who to build a team around at this point in thier careers I would take Brown. He has been on teams that have played in the NCAA tournament and has performed well on the highest stage.

Last edited by XUFAN02; 09-23-2008 at 08:56 AM..
Old 09-23-2008, 09:21 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I would go with Chris because he has more facets to his game which should make it harder to shut him down. I would look forward to Brown guarding Chris by himself.

But, I also agree with the comment that it takes more than one person unless that person happens to be Larry Bird. When UD has made runs we obviously think of Negele and Velvet. But, those were good teams with other good players
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Major

singlet_of_truth is a jewel in the roughsinglet_of_truth is a jewel in the roughsinglet_of_truth is a jewel in the roughsinglet_of_truth is a jewel in the rough
Call me crazy, but I would be willing to be that an overwhelming majority of UD fans would take Wright and an overwhelming majority of XU fans would take Brown. I consider myself in the overwhelming UD majority. It is just the wild world we live in.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM

Umm ... Larry Bird, by himself?

I think your forgetting he played with two hall of famers and 3 50 greatest players ever.

You ever hear of Mchale, Parrish and Walton?

Bird was tremendouse, maybe the best player ever for the amount of years he played ... but to say he had no help is insane.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Just off the Jet

carlgary is on a distinguished road
Larry Bird

I believe he was talking about his college career. Although he had Carl Nicks at pt. but little else.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 AM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carlgary View Post
I believe he was talking about his college career. Although he had Carl Nicks at pt. but little else.
I was definitely talking college. The historians say that it was Bird and four guys who wouldn't be chosen for a pickup game. That might be exagerating a little bit but it isn't far from the truth.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 PM

Ahh, I mis-interpreted.

You are correct then, haha ...

Now that Wright is wearing his number let the one man show begin, leading us to the Final Four.

Forever live Larry Bird
Old 09-23-2008, 04:55 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Do you really have a job?

Originally Posted by Binnie Bombs 33 View Post
Ahh, I mis-interpreted.

You are correct then, haha ...

Now that Wright is wearing his number let the one man show begin, leading us to the Final Four.

Forever live Larry Bird
Hey Binnie Bombs 33 you claim to be a big shot at the so far unnamed school what does your boss think about you always posting on UD Pride?

Does this school you say you work at even have a site to post on?
Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Captain

GetFlyeredup is infamous around these partsGetFlyeredup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John R View Post
Hey Binnie Bombs 33 you claim to be a big shot at the so far unnamed school what does your boss think about you always posting on UD Pride?

Does this school you say you work at even have a site to post on?
Are you looking to start trouble? How is this related to the thread at all?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:29 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GetFlyeredup View Post
Are you looking to start trouble? How is this related to the thread at all?
What?

Lighten up Francine its a simple question.

How is your question relaled to this thread?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

Source is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these partsSource is infamous around these parts
Wright made some sick plays against Thad's boys in the NIT. I want to see how his ankle responds this winter. I broke my ankle this past spring and its a slow heal. I'm 20 years older than CW so that might be a factor. Brown IMHO picks his spots to shine. CW plays hard all the time. Miller is challenging DB to be a leader this season because Stan, Drew, and Josh are gone. Thats a big step. Both guys play way above the rim. DB has NBA scouts hinting at coming out early. I disagree. He just started to develop a 16-19 foot jumper last season. His next step is defending tighter, limiting turnovers, and continuing to hit open jumpers. Guys will back off DB because he has a quick first step and can finish from anywhere around the goal like CW does. Point guard play will help both guys get good looks and be in position to score close.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Source View Post
Guys will back off DB because he has a quick first step and can finish from anywhere around the goal like CW does. .
Are you saying that Brown can put the ball on the floor 15 feet out and attack the basket like Charles and Chris? I really didn't think he had the handle or quickness to do this but I will admit to not watching him much
Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,618 Times in 5,097 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
I really love Browns pure athleticism. It puts him in an elite class of players. But, he has some holes in his game. I saw him play over the summer, and I think someone told him that he has to be able to put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket. I say that because on every play, he was trying to go around his guy from the perimeter and dunk on him. It was rather awkward watching this, because he doesn't have a good face-up game yet. He would get the ball outside the 3pt arch and try to blow by his defender by going full speed in a straight line to the basket. It may have just been a match-up problem in the games I watched, but he kept getting tied up by his defender or making so much body-contact that he could not control his shot. IMO, he lacks that lateral quickness and ball handling skill that allows some players to "put a move on a guy" and get around him. He doesn't have a good back to the basket game either, so I am really interested in what he will do with the ball when they set up plays for him. He is a terror on the boards and in the open floor for sure though. He is best on the break, as good as anyone in the league.

The Brown / CW match-ups to come should be great to watch if they go head to head.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,773 Times in 936 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Yusuf76us (1 week ago)

WOW! His HS highlights mimic Jordan, Clyde the Glide, and Dominque's NBA highlights. Lights Camera Action, this young dude is the truth. Where do I buy a ticket to see this kid?

this is why i would pick wright, no bias. he is a freak of nature and could be very famous someday. brown is good but he simply does not have the potential wright has to be an all around complete basketball player.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Captain

UDFLYERS2K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Yusuf76us (1 week ago)

WOW! His HS highlights mimic Jordan, Clyde the Glide, and Dominque's NBA highlights. Lights Camera Action, this young dude is the truth. Where do I buy a ticket to see this kid?

this is why i would pick wright, no bias. he is a freak of nature and could be very famous someday. brown is good but he simply does not have the potential wright has to be an all around complete basketball player.
I agree. CW has a higher ceiling than anybody else in the A10. When Wright steps on the floor he makes all of his teammates better. He is a born leader and I think he can lead us to the Sweet 16 (hopefully further)!