User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-27-2019, 09:48 PM
1st Lieutenant

dUDe will become famous soon enoughdUDe will become famous soon enough
This is a guy who started for two years with zero competition. Next year he’d have had competition for minutes and...he’s leaving. I’ll remember solid defense and a guy who you definitely don’t want to have the ball when the game is on the line. I wish him well...but this is a good sign of what he’s made of.
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2019, 10:22 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
Lol so true
Posted via Mobile Device
Did you ever Paypal or Venmo the wager $$?
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 11:26 AM
Just off the Jet

Sunshine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dUDe View Post
This is a guy who started for two years with zero competition. Next year he’d have had competition for minutes and...he’s leaving. I’ll remember solid defense and a guy who you definitely don’t want to have the ball when the game is on the line. I wish him well...but this is a good sign of what he’s made of.
What are you talking about, I can remember about three to four games just this year where he hit a shot to either keep us in it or win the game
Mad Props to Sunshine For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 11:43 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
What are you talking about, I can remember about three to four games just this year where he hit a shot to either keep us in it or win the game
No doubt there were times when Jordan had outstanding games, in fact I would argue that there were several games he had A-10 first team performances. Unfortunately, there was an equal number of games in which he just didn't show up at all. Consistency was a big issue this year. I contend that in a consistency sense, he had a better freshman year. Anyway, I wish him the best and we move on and get Hot Boy in here.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
steve (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Just off the Jet

Sunshine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
No doubt there were times when Jordan had outstanding games, in fact I would argue that there were several games he had A-10 first team performances. Unfortunately, there was an equal number of games in which he just didn't show up at all. Consistency was a big issue this year. I contend that in a consistency sense, he had a better freshman year. Anyway, I wish him the best and we move on and get Hot Boy in here.
I remember Darrell had a much worse sophomore year especially with shooting the three and went on to have a very efficient end to his UD career. After what I believed was a stellar freshman year for JD I was confident that this year was just a sophomore slump in a similar form to what Darrell went through and that he was going to finish his career as an integral part of our success. Too late now to see if my prediction will be true or not so I wish Jordan nothing but the best and think that we will regret letting him leave like this.
Mad Props to Sunshine For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-29-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 12:10 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I remember Darrell had a much worse sophomore year especially with shooting the three and went on to have a very efficient end to his UD career. After what I believed was a stellar freshman year for JD I was confident that this year was just a sophomore slump in a similar form to what Darrell went through and that he was going to finish his career as an integral part of our success. Too late now to see if my prediction will be true or not so I wish Jordan nothing but the best and think that we will regret letting him leave like this.
I will disagree on your prediction. The talent level has been raised substantially. I believe that was a major factor in JD leaving. I do wish him well as he seems like a good kid.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:21 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
Lol so true
Posted via Mobile Device
Pay SLUFLYER what you owe
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 10:26 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I will disagree on your prediction. The talent level has been raised substantially. I believe that was a major factor in JD leaving. I do wish him well as he seems like a good kid.
I believe it was more than that. This kid was a 2 year starter. He would have gotten plenty of minutes...maybe not 32 or 38 / game, but well over 20. Didn't matter if he started or came off the bench. This team would have been much better with him on it. Right now, all the guys who didn't play are suddenly much better than the guys we had. Not everyone is Obi (bummer), and not everyone is Micky Perry (exhale).

In the off-season, all grass is greener on the other side.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-29-2019), Figgie123 (03-29-2019), JimBo (03-28-2019), TA111 (03-29-2019), UDGutter2 (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 12:43 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I believe it was more than that. This kid was a 2 year starter. He would have gotten plenty of minutes...maybe not 32 or 38 / game, but well over 20. Didn't matter if he started or came off the bench. This team would have been much better with him on it. Right now, all the guys who didn't play are suddenly much better than the guys we had. Not everyone is Obi (bummer), and not everyone is Micky Perry (exhale).
I think the decision wasn't completely based on his year 3, but more on the combination of years 3 and 4.

I agree that he would have received fairly significant minutes for a portion of next season but due to the potential talent that was on the bench this year (which JD and all others are well aware of and what competition for PT lies ahead), he may have decided that somewhere else may earn him more PT.

Purely speculation, but a guy like him who played a ton of minutes the last two seasons...probably doesn't want to see a reduction. If the writing on the wall (that the team knows) leads JD to the direction that he would be coming off the bench or on the bench for much of his 3/4 years, he probably made the best decision for himself.

99.9% of fans don't have any real inside info on talent for next year. That small percentage that does...they have good things to say about the guys who sat this year. If JD and any others were taken to the woodshed in practice, they know whats best and they know what their future looks like here.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-29-2019), Jeff (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 12:49 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
a redshirt year may be good for JD
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-29-2019), Flyer 86 (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 07:23 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
My guess is he won’t end up transferring to Duke or North Carolina. If there were minutes available he would be staying. I get your point about Mickey Perry, but JD is playing against these guys in practice every day. He knows where he stands from a skill perspective.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 07:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
I'm sure it was more as it was speculated earlier he went thru a break-up with a girlfriend, iirc, and he may have had other personal/family issues that contributed..We'll really never know but this kid also sees the talent beating up on this team daily in practice.

JD never got better creating shots off the dribble and even going to the bucket. He's a catch and shoot guy and the defensive close-outs happened on him a hell of alot quicker this past season than the previous..What makes it tough is when your ability to even catch and shoot goes down from a year ago which his shooting suffered..

There's no doubt losing almost a 10 ppg scorer and 30 mpg experienced player who hit some big shots hurts but they're fortunate there are at least 3 other players who can be quite similar to him stats wise and, imo, much longer and more athletic...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-29-2019), Jeff (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 09:11 AM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe there is a poster here who has watched many practices. Can you give us some idea of the transfers? I know Larry Hansgen has come out and declared Ibi as the best player on the team.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:12 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I hope Ibi is better than Obi, but I seriously doubt it.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I believe there is a poster here who has watched many practices. Can you give us some idea of the transfers? I know Larry Hansgen has come out and declared Ibi as the best player on the team.
Sounds like Ibi and Chase Johnson are the 2 best transfers. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone said that Chase Johnson is better than Obi right now. Just gotta hope he can stay healthy! Also was told that Rodney Chatman will be a welcome addition as an additional ball handler. Has good experience playing 2 years at UT-C. Sounds like Jordy will bring good size and a physical presence down low. Also, we can't forget about Jhery Matos...he was really showing some signs of being a nice contributor before his injury. Excited for the 2019-2020 season!!!
Old 03-29-2019, 10:59 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
Sounds like Ibi and Chase Johnson are the 2 best transfers. I can't remember where I saw it, but someone said that Chase Johnson is better than Obi right now. Just gotta hope he can stay healthy! Also was told that Rodney Chatman will be a welcome addition as an additional ball handler. Has good experience playing 2 years at UT-C. Sounds like Jordy will bring good size and a physical presence down low. Also, we can't forget about Jhery Matos...he was really showing some signs of being a nice contributor before his injury. Excited for the 2019-2020 season!!!
Chase Johnson better than Obi? Did you see that in some Flyer Ultimate dream?
Old 03-29-2019, 12:16 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Chase Johnson better than Obi? Did you see that in some Flyer Ultimate dream?
Just passing along what I heard. It wouldn't be that unfathomable. Chase was a 4 star out of high school and judging from his posts on Instagram he is uber athletic.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:59 PM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyerfan4life View Post
Just passing along what I heard. It wouldn't be that unfathomable. Chase was a 4 star out of high school and judging from his posts on Instagram he is uber athletic.
Quite possibly, just like nobody at this time a year ago thought Obi would be better than Josh Cunningham..

Last edited by steve; 03-29-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 01:05 PM

Thanked 2,377 Times in 809 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I’d be surprised if Chase Johnson is as good as Obi. But if he is, my expectations for next year will tick up a notch.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
I’d be surprised if Chase Johnson is as good as Obi. But if he is, my expectations for next year will tick up a notch.
I’m not sure about how “good” he is compared to Obi but he is a big time athlete. You should google some of his dunks.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:18 PM

The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve looked at his videos, and no question he’s athletic when healthy. But we need more than dunks. We need solid defense, rebounds, some ability shooting from the perimeter, good hands, decent ballhandling, sharp passing and basketball IQ. Other than occasional lapses on defense, those are things Obi brings to the court. If Chase can do likewise when he becomes eligible in December, we’re gold.

Last edited by The Fly; 03-29-2019 at 02:48 PM..
Old 03-29-2019, 04:34 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Chase Johnson dunks

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...son+basketball

Start at the 1:40 mark.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:46 PM
2nd Lieutenant

ortez52 is just really niceortez52 is just really niceortez52 is just really niceortez52 is just really niceortez52 is just really nice
I have talked to a couple of guys that have been to many practices and these same people told me how good Toppin and how much better Mikesell looked same ones are saying great things about these transfer especially Johnson ,yes as good as Toppin ,Like Watson and Chatman and they should all have there moments.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:51 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
We need solid defense, rebounds, some ability shooting from the perimeter, good hands, decent ballhandling, sharp passing and basketball IQ.
with liberty & justice for all.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
Browns (03-29-2019), EliteEight (03-30-2019), OSU Flyer (03-30-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 07:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Transferred to Middle Tennessee State
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-03-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 07:43 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Transferred to Middle Tennessee State
Posted via Mobile Device
That seems quick to me. Must have been in the works.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Well that pretty much sums up his talent level. Yet he was a two year starter for us. Likely would not start for most of the A10, certainly not for the top teams Sure he’s a great kid, probably deserves some sort of trophy, but his limitations contributed to our mediocrity. Kudos to AG for upgrading. This is how we get better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2019, 07:55 PM

They had a rough year under a new coach (who replaced Kermit Davis), but it’s a traditional powerhouse team in Conference USA. They’ve been in the Dance three of the past seven years and pulled some upsets to make the second round two of those years. Several guards on the roster, only one of whom is graduating. Wonder if they’re anticipating some transfers?

Last edited by The Fly; 04-03-2019 at 07:58 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (04-04-2019), SLUFLYER (04-03-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 08:01 PM
Brigadier General

SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe go look at MTSU's recent NCAAt success (last 3/4 years) before you go casting dispersions and evaluations. Then compare it to Dayton's NCAAt performance the last 3/4 years.

This isn't to say your overall comments are invalid, but your knee-jerk, uninformed response is probably off-base and unsupported by your opening remark/sentence.

Go kick your dog again..........
Old 04-03-2019, 08:07 PM

Kudos to AG for upgrading. This is how we get better.
So you are saying whomever AG brings in will be an upgrade over Jordan?

It is so unlike you to concede that unless you already know something.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:21 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Well that pretty much sums up his talent level. Yet he was a two year starter for us. Likely would not start for most of the A10, certainly not for the top teams Sure he’s a great kid, probably deserves some sort of trophy, but his limitations contributed to our mediocrity. Kudos to AG for upgrading. This is how we get better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Really? You already said in so many words that Sean McNeil is not very good.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:23 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Maybe the upgrade was already here (Watson).
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to 312to937 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (04-03-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Lieutenant General

maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Oh no I didn’t. I said he won’t go to KY and he wouldn’t play much there. They don’t need a div II judo as they field a team of five stars and McDonalds all Americans and are a perennial top 10 team. But maybe they don’t know what they are doing. Probably still licking their wounds after missing on the juco champion human eraser Thiago Cordero.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2019, 08:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
So you are saying whomever AG brings in will be an upgrade over Jordan?

It is so unlike you to concede that unless you already know something.
The current transfers provide an upgrade. Besides, Jordan has already proven to be a sub par performer, would not start for any top tier a10 squad. Why then should he start for us??? Don’t think Grant would have let him go If he didn’t have better options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
The current transfers provide an upgrade. Besides, Jordan has already proven to be a sub par performer, would not start for any top tier a10 squad. Why then should he start for us??? Don’t think Grant would have let him go If he didn’t have better options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Get out the paper sack and go see your wife/girlfriend while you look for a replacement.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:33 PM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
Guys.........
Why do so many of you feel a need to launch an ad-hominem attack on someone who is simply expressing an opinion? Or are you from the school that believes anyone who disagrees with you must be silenced by whatever means necessary? And of course the easiest response is a cheap insult. Let's try to act more like tolerant adults and rebut things you don't agree with dignity rather than childishness.
Mad Props to Don For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,993 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Guys.........
Why do so many of you feel a need to launch an ad-hominem attack on someone who is simply expressing an opinion? Or are you from the school that believes anyone who disagrees with you must be silenced by whatever means necessary? And of course the easiest response is a cheap insult. Let's try to act more like tolerant adults and rebut things you don't agree with dignity rather than childishness.
I agree that we should keep the discourse civil. That said, I believe you’re ignoring the fact that what precipitated the attacks on the poster whom you’re defending is attacks by said poster on a Flyer who, by all published accounts, represented the program well in his 2 seasons of playing for our Flyers.

No, the kid will never be the next coming of Steph Curry, but he was a good player for us, who gave as much as he could to the program in his 2 years of suiting up as a Flyer. There’s no need for anyone to trash him with an attitude that reeks of “Geddaddaheeah, ya bum!”
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (04-04-2019), Justin (04-04-2019), longtimefan (04-04-2019), m21eagle45 (04-04-2019), SLUFLYER (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 08:09 AM

Thanked 15,872 Times in 6,979 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute

Jordan Davis will forever be remembered and memorialized for receiving the most Golden votes* ever.

http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32725
BeckysTXA (04-04-2019), CE80 (04-04-2019), jack72 (04-04-2019), Justin (04-04-2019), The Fly (04-04-2019), Widget (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 09:50 AM
Brigadier General

Don, below is the quote/post from our beloved maddog07, that IMO, set off the tirade of "attacks", all in defense of Jordan Davis. Perhaps you didn't see this post. If you didn't, this is what you are defending.

His post was disrespectful and condescending. He attacked his effort, commitment and character, all unnecessarily within minutes of the kid's announcement.

I called this one weeks ago. He’s not great. Would he start for VCU? NFW, for DC ahhh no!, Billikens, Duquesne, Bonnie’s, no, no and no. And he likely wouldn’t start for several others. If we want to be great we need great players. Not guys who wouldn’t play much for our adversaries. Oh and check his offensive rebounds stats. 9 , that over two years , 60 or so games playing major minutes.Lotta extra effort/skill there. Matos had 4 in limited minute in but 6 games.

Probably a great kid. But he’s a quitter.!!! A quitter. He bailed on us!!!! And he not great. UD deserves better. I’ll help him pack. Bye, bye!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2019, 09:52 AM
Brigadier General

Guys.........
Don, please refer to my post immediately above this one.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:57 AM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Guys.........

You cannot be serious. Don't you ever read his posts? He doesn't "simply express an opinion." He goes way beyond that, using cheap insults that you accuse others of using. Your suggestion to act more like tolerant adults and post with dignity rather than childishness should be directed to him. I can only assume you don't read the board very often, or you wouldn't be defending him. Geez, next you'll be defending udscott.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:59 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Royal minds want to know...

When Obi does what best for him and his career by going pro after next season, will maddog call him a quitter??

JDavis is doing what's best for him. I fail to see how that makes him a quitter.
BeckysTXA (04-04-2019), CE80 (04-04-2019), EliteEight (04-04-2019), shocka43 (04-04-2019), The Fly (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 10:10 AM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Well the last time someone left early for doing what they felt was best for them and their career we had posters (even royal ones) with many less than kind responses. When Obi decides to leave early, he will be met with some of the same (though I'm guessing much less since he's clearly more ready).

UD, home of the one and done
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
When Obi does what best for him and his career by going pro after next season, will maddog call him a quitter??

JDavis is doing what's best for him. I fail to see how that makes him a quitter.
The quitter argument is one of the lamest on the board. The source isn't much of a surprise.

Obi will probably be greeted by most with excitement but if he ends up drafted 25th or so there will be plenty that say he should have stayed to be a lottery pick the following year.

Eventually, a Flyer is going to transfer "up" to a high P5 and the board will really explode.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Major General

Yep and, naturally, guys like maddog loved Vee Sanford and Siebert(especially after their game-winners) and thought both those guys were just doing what was best for them and their futures....Hypocrisy at it's finest..
MNFats (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 10:33 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post

Eventually, a Flyer is going to transfer "up" to a high P5 and the board will really explode.
That would never happen around here.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:51 AM
1st Lieutenant

st marys is a glorious beacon of lightst marys is a glorious beacon of lightst marys is a glorious beacon of lightst marys is a glorious beacon of lightst marys is a glorious beacon of lightst marys is a glorious beacon of light
I had heard that Davis may have been homesick and wanted to get closer to home. Middle Tennessee State doesn't seem that much closer (maybe 2 hours?) Perhaps reports of homesickness were wrong.
Mad Props to st marys For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Major

bigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by st marys View Post
I had heard that Davis may have been homesick and wanted to get closer to home. Middle Tennessee State doesn't seem that much closer (maybe 2 hours?) Perhaps reports of homesickness were wrong.
Heard the same thing a couple of months ago!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Everyone gets 'homesick' when their playing time is about to drop.
Flyers98 (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 12:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
Yep and, naturally, guys like maddog loved Vee Sanford and Siebert(especially after their game-winners) and thought both those guys were just doing what was best for them and their futures....Hypocrisy at it's finest..
There is no hypocrisy. Those who leave us are quitters. Took our free education, our food, our training, etcc. and bolted. ( This assumes he wasn’t pushed out) Thise who come are welcome to embrace all the good that comes from being a Flyer. Jordan left rather than assume a role more suited to his skills . As previously stated he was the poster child of mediocrity, not good enough to start at strong A10 programs but started for us and contributed to our stark lack of success as measured by quality wins, post season success, or championships. Bring on the upgrade!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2019, 12:48 PM

There is no hypocrisy. Those who leave us are quitters. Took our free education, our food, our training, etcc. and bolted. ( This assumes he wasn’t pushed out) Thise who come are welcome to embrace all the good that comes from being a Flyer. Jordan left rather than assume a role more suited to his skills . As previously stated he was the poster child of mediocrity, not good enough to start at strong A10 programs but started for us and contributed to our stark lack of success as measured by quality wins, post season success, or championships. Bring on the upgrade!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
So you're on the record to say Obi will be a 'quitter' if he goes pro after next season?
Old 04-04-2019, 01:34 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,314 Times in 1,327 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Just heard as of today there are over 500 athletes in the D1 transfer portal! Lots of quitters out there.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
There is no hypocrisy. Those who leave us are quitters. Took our free education, our food, our training, etcc. and bolted. ( This assumes he wasn’t pushed out) Thise who come are welcome to embrace all the good that comes from being a Flyer. [/i][/size]
So, we welcome quitters?
Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Just heard as of today there are over 500 athletes in the D1 transfer portal! Lots of quitters out there.
You're only a quitter if you quit the Flyers. Otherwise, it's just a player evaluating what's best for them and then making the transition. maddog can confirm though. he's the expert on quitters.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:49 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
There are 4 quitters on our own team, and we are counting on them to take us to the Big Dance next year.

The madness!
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-04-2019), Bonziflyer (04-04-2019), Glen Clark (04-04-2019), John C. (04-04-2019), MNFats (04-04-2019), rollo (04-04-2019), shocka43 (04-04-2019), SLUFLYER (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
First of all, to suggest that he took something from UD and UD got nothing back (like a starting 2 guard on the athletic team that funds the entire athletic department) is ridiculous and a little offensive. Secondly, if you are right about his talent, he did UD a favor. Why waste the scholarship on a guy who is going to be planted on the bench?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:35 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
There are 4 quitters on our own team, and we are counting on them to take us to the Big Dance next year.
I assume maddog won't follow the Flyers for the next couple years since we have all these quitters on the team.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:49 PM

*of their own f*^$&ing stupidity

I wonder how he feels about Scott and Robinson getting shown the door a couple years ago.

They weren't quitters! They were victims*!
Flyer2 (04-04-2019), frisco flyer (04-04-2019), SLUFLYER (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 06:22 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
This is so wrong on so many levels.

Jordan Davis was an Archie Miller signee who stayed when a whole new coaching staff was brought in. Where would the Flyers have been if he had chosen to take the McKinley Wright route? If he used UD as you are saying it was reciprocated as he was also used to keep the program afoot until Anthony Grant could get his own players in.

To me, the basketball program came out a winner in the Jordan Davis situation. Had a decent shooting starting SG for two seasons while Grant built his own program and leaves when it's probably in the programs' best interest that he do so.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (04-04-2019), frisco flyer (04-04-2019), Gazoo (04-05-2019), jack72 (04-04-2019), San Diego Flyer (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Ya know this mad dog is getting the exact response he hopes for. If no one responds he goes away.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MikeFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (04-05-2019), UD62 (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 07:35 PM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone gets 'homesick' when their playing time is about to drop.
I would get homesick too if I could be an hour from Nashville.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Posted via Mobile Device
You know your posts are pretty ignorant when certain posters disagree with your idiocy.

He didn't leave "us". You are not "part of the team". He didn't take "our/your" education as I highly doubt you have made any financial donations to the university that fund education. "Our/Your" food? "Our/Your" training. Get over yourself. Did he impact your ability to drive to the arena and watch a game? Was he somehow directly responsible for increasing your ticket prices due to the cost of his education, the amount of cheeseburgers he ate, or the amount of ankles taped?

He busted his ass for his time here at UD and represented UD to the best of his ability. At times, play on the court doesn't pan out as everyone hopes. I am assuming that you never played a sport where you have 4 years to play and 5 to do it in. I am guessing that you never signed with a college or university to play a sport. I am guessing you are completely familiar with Jordan's decision making process, conversations he may have had with coaches, conversations with his family and close friends, etc. I am guessing that you never had to make that choice as a college athlete on where you were going to have to determine the best place for you to compete at the level you want.

I am not going to disagree that I personally feel that there are more talented players than Jordan that are riding the pine or would have taken PT from him. That is my thoughts on the team and basketball...to call a kid a user or a quitter only seals the deal for guy like him to drive to MTSU knowing that he left a handful of elitist A-hole fans behind in his dust.

You are the equivalent of Swampy in the Off Topic Forum.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (04-04-2019), Bonziflyer (04-05-2019), frisco flyer (04-05-2019), m21eagle45 (04-04-2019), Sarge (04-04-2019), Viperstick (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Captain

LIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond reputeLIBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I assume maddog won't follow the Flyers for the next couple years since we have all these quitters on the team.
How has he followed the Flyers for this long? Didn’t this season end a streak of 6-7 years in a row being led in scoring by a quitter?
Old 04-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
What I said in my earlier post critical of uncivil responses applies to everyone, not just those who feel it might have been aimed at them. I have just reviewed Jordan's game-by-game performance over the past season. The following are facts, not opinions.

Jordan played 27 or more minutes in 31 of our 33 games and in the other two, 13 and 20 minutes. That's a lot of floor time.

In 13 games he scored 7 or fewer points.

In 18 games, in which he took at least 4 or more 3-pt attempts, he shot 33% or below from the 3-pt line.

In 6 games, in which he attempted less than 4 treys, he made a maximum of 1 3-pt shot.

In the other 9 games, his worst game was 3/8 and his best 7/11 and 6/8.

His value as a shooting guard must be evaluated on the basis of those facts.

You have to acknowledge that some observers are not unreasonable when they consider those to be pretty pedestrian stats for a shooting guard.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:34 PM
1st Lieutenant

Here's what I'm talking about. Clearly the most devastating losses this year were home losses. We need to win the close ones at home.

Rhode Island - Missed three with 28 seconds left in OT

VCU - Missed layup in last 5 seconds

George Mason - Missed jumper when we were down 2 with 19 seconds left.

I love the kid's defense and when he's hot I want him to have the ball. I just got to the point this year where I was hoping someone else would get the ball in crunch time. There's making shots and there's making shots with the game on the line.

I hope he lights it up wherever he goes and ends up a lottery pick. He seems like a class young man.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:37 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
What I said in my earlier post critical of uncivil responses applies to everyone, not just those who feel it might have been aimed at them. I have just reviewed Jordan's game-by-game performance over the past season. The following are facts, not opinions.

Jordan played 27 or more minutes in 31 of our 33 games and in the other two, 13 and 20 minutes. That's a lot of floor time.

In 18 games, in which he took at least 4 or more 3-pt attempts, he shot 33% or below from the 3-pt line.

In 6 games, in which he attempted less than 4 treys, he made a maximum of 1 3-pt shot.

You have to acknowledge that some observers are not unreasonable when they consider those to be pretty pedestrian stats for a shooting guard.
Let's be totally honest here. Successful 3 point shooting isn't all about the shooter. Getting good offensive movement and good passes to set up an open 3 point shooter in rhythm is key. The Flyers as a team have been very poor at that during Jordan Davis' two seasons here.

Personally I think Jordan Davis is a very good 3 point shooter but was on a team that didn't get him the good shots that make a good 3 point shooter successful. Yes, that includes himself so he gets part of the blame.

Let's see what he does at Middle Tennessee and then we can evaluate what kind of player he really is. The Flyers offense was a mess and it wasn't just because of Jordan Davis but it certainly had an effect on his pedestrian stats.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
dUDe (04-04-2019), Glen Clark (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 09:52 PM
1st Lieutenant

No matter the stats...I think we're all on the same page in wanting the best for him. Best of luck Jordan!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to dUDe For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-05-2019), EliteEight (04-04-2019), fuz_forward (04-05-2019), SeasonTicketFan (04-04-2019), shocka43 (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 09:55 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dUDe View Post
No matter the stats...I think we're all on the same page in wanting the best for him. Best of luck Jordan!
Given the tone of some posts, "all' may be a bit of a stretch.
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Gonna miss him a lot, just like I miss Crosby!!!! He was great too!!!! Lotsa people debated me on his merits too. Both moved on to the big time, Delaware State , MTSU, kinda telling about their talent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-04-2019, 11:14 PM

You still don't get it.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:21 AM

Pedestrian stats can be discussed. Much of which probably came into play when he spoke with staff, saw who he was up against next fall, and played a pretty significant role in his decision to leave. I can get with that. Pedestrian stats are one thing, calling a kid a quitter is on a whole other level.

Smitty makes a couple good points. If JD was/is strictly a shooter with a defensive role, then he fell into line with the other guys that shot basically the same stats that weren't supposed to be the shooters. JD at least escaped that role later in the season and made more buckets attacking the rim than I can remember during his tenure. Maybe that "at the rim" play should have been harnessed earlier. 12+ PPG and over 40%+ from 3 and things are a different story...not just the occasional hot play and a few 20+ games. 7th best FG % and 5th in 3. Those aren't shooter numbers on a team of guys that were streaky at best outside the paint. Those points are all fair game.

Bottom line. Jordan was a Flyer. Jordan did nothing to discredit himself or the university. 99% of Flyers fans wish him well, appreciate the effort he put in, and hope that the reason for leaving was because of the talent awaiting on the bench.

Some of the hammerheads on here weren't this critical of Dumb and Dumber or the Big White Stiff known as Glass Jaw. Those morons discredited themselves and the university.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (04-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 09:29 AM
General of the Air Force

Was Archie a quitter?
Old 04-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Let's be totally honest here. Successful 3 point shooting isn't all about the shooter. Getting good offensive movement and good passes to set up an open 3 point shooter in rhythm is key. The Flyers as a team have been very poor at that during Jordan Davis' two seasons here.

Personally I think Jordan Davis is a very good 3 point shooter but was on a team that didn't get him the good shots that make a good 3 point shooter successful. Yes, that includes himself so he gets part of the blame.

Let's see what he does at Middle Tennessee and then we can evaluate what kind of player he really is. The Flyers offense was a mess and it wasn't just because of Jordan Davis but it certainly had an effect on his pedestrian stats.
Let's not sugarcoat here. JD had tons of wide-open looks these past 2 years and a boatload this year. Again, he just missed them. I don't think anyone disagrees with your thoughts regarding the UD offense but I see better than I hear and I watched lots and lots of his open misses. Problem is also perception in that JD became that spot shooter and once labeled that way that's hard to fight off. Shooters have to hit shots and he struggled most games..

There were also shots contested that with a dribble either way or a pump fake by JD would have lead to a better shot. Look, I like the kid alot and am sorry he's leaving because he's a Flyer, a good player and worked his ass off these first 2 years but we just don't know if his game has maxed out, if he's peeked, if he's fully aware of the competition taking possible mpg away from him next year or, as mentioned, there may be some off-the-court issues that bothered him this year, concentration away and just maybe a change will be good for him..

Imo, he got much better during the course of the season taking the ball to the rack but, again, who knows where his head and confidence was and would be next year..
CT Flyer (04-05-2019)
Old 02-05-2022, 05:40 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Jordan Davis scored his 1,000 career point with Jacksonville

https://twitter.com/JAX_MBB/status/1489422211698118660
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (02-05-2022), CT Flyer (02-05-2022), flyerfanatic86 (02-07-2022), hawkoooo (02-06-2022), jack72 (02-05-2022), Jeff (02-05-2022), m21eagle45 (02-05-2022), pmcmullen (02-06-2022)