UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 06-24-2018, 06:50 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,149 Times in 1,069 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
Please tell me again, who are those practicing totalitarianism and intimidation ?

To paraphrase George Orwell in "Animal Farm" : We are all equal, except some are more equal than others, especially when it comes to morals and the ability to serve (or not serve) certain customers with whom you disagree. If you're some Christian Bake Shop in Colorado, you'r S.O.L.; if you run Mexican Restaurant or a "Red Hen" dining establishment in the D.C. area...it's open season on discrimination and harassment. Please tell me again, who are the poseurs and hypocrites, here? Who is being intolerant and utilizing intimidation to go after those with diferent political and moral view points?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...can-restaurant

...and how about this:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...tX4eFtryyuECJ/
Mad Props to Bat'71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (06-24-2018)
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,335 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping Hannity starts a boycott of the Red Hen. People could gather outside and protest. Or maybe they could flood the place and not order anything. Of course then the media would be all over the conservatives for their behavior.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 09:52 AM

Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I wouldn't darken the door of a "Red Hen" or a Starbucks now, nor would I walk across the street for "free" NFL tickets on the "50", or see most Hollywood productions or B'way stage productions now. However, I won't use the Left's tactics and go after people that did...that's their choice to patronize these dumps with these preening arseholes at the helm. As we used to say, "...and the horse they rode in on."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bat'71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (06-24-2018), rollo (06-25-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 10:15 AM

Thanked 3,735 Times in 2,261 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Krauthammer

All Priders know that last week we lost a really good man, a great conservative columnist. Fox ran a special on CK Friday night that was very good, providing insights re his personality and thinking. I'm sure some of you were lucky enough to catch it.

I recall Charles explaining that American is best served when politics is "played between the 40 yard lines".....meaning with moderation...not too far left and not too far right. Those with moderate views are best able to reasonably consider other's points of view and, most important, are willing to compromise. Absent compromise nothing gets done. Witness the GOP Congress.

In today's polarized America too great a fraction of Americans, in my opinion, are well to the left/right of the 40 yard lines....,their thinking and positions are somewhere between the 20s and the end zones. Again, in my opinion.

The absolutely crazy Red Hen incident is a reflection of that sort of radical thinking. To my mind extreme views and positions are harmful to the well being of the Country whether from the right or left.
Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
foolishpride (06-25-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 10:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,066 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
A business owner like this restaurant has to be a complete idiot to actually remove a patron because you don’t believe in their political beliefs. Talk about harming your business.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UACFlyer (06-24-2018), ud2 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 11:42 AM

Thanked 3,292 Times in 2,166 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bat'71 View Post
To paraphrase George Orwell in "Animal Farm" : We are all equal, except some are more equal than others, especially when it comes to morals and the ability to serve (or not serve) certain customers with whom you disagree. If you're some Christian Bake Shop in Colorado, you'r S.O.L.; if you run Mexican Restaurant or a "Red Hen" dining establishment in the D.C. area...it's open season on discrimination and harassment. Please tell me again, who are the poseurs and hypocrites, here? Who is being intolerant and utilizing intimidation to go after those with diferent political and moral view points?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...can-restaurant

...and how about this:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...tX4eFtryyuECJ/
Yeah, I read about this, I guess the political ideology of a person is not a protected class, so there is no recourse here.

I do not recall ever hearing about a liberal being kicked out of a restaurant. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:49 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Absent compromise nothing gets done. Witness the GOP Congress.
??? Not sure what you mean here. Trump and the GOP Congress have been very productive. The Democrats are the ones obstructing everything and holding up progress. The GOP has offered to compromise.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 12:04 PM

This is very angering for me. Imagine the absolute outrage if Jay Carney had been kicked out of a restaurant. The pitchforks and torches definitely would have been used, there would have been wall-to-wall coverage.

There is such a gigantic double standard.
Fudd (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 12:24 PM

More: protesters descend on the home of DHS Secretary Nielsen...Florida AG Bondi harassed at a Mr. Rogers movie.

It is open season on conservatives. Huge double standard, this would never be tolerated if it was the other way around.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:31 PM
Major General

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Liberalism is a mental disorder. Only way it can be explained.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:42 PM

UAC, IMHO, most Americans are between your proverbial 40-yard lines politically (and not necessarily agreeing with one another on all the same issues) However, the loudest, most obnoxious players get most of the air time and, it seems, more often than not, the Punditry and "Talking Heads" of news rooms defend the Progressives while disparaging conservatives.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:01 PM

UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Huh?

UAC, IMHO, most Americans are between your proverbial 40-yard lines politically (and not necessarily agreeing with one another on all the same issues) However, the loudest, most obnoxious players get most of the air time and, it seems, more often than not, the Punditry and "Talking Heads" of news rooms defend the Progressives while disparaging conservatives.
Bat, very few of the Priders using this forum are "between the 40 yard lines".
Read two posts above defining liberalism as a "mental disorder", rather than a difference in point of view.

Somewhere else I requested a definition of liberalism, which is spoken of herein with such utter disdain. I really didn't receive one.

I suppose what the "mental disorder" poster was referring to was extreme liberalism, i.e, well outside the 40 yard line...perhaps beyond the 20s. To my mind that would be extreme liberal thinking. Not at all good for the Country. But, for sure, no worse that extreme conservatism, i.e., also holding views well outside the 40 yard lines.

The operative thought here doesn't refer either to liberal of conservative thinking and views. It refers to extreme, even radical at times, uncompromising views and opinions. Krauthammer was referring to the importance and value of "moderate" political views whether on the liberal or conservative side of center,....the 50 yard line, mid-field.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:12 PM

Immigration

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
??? Not sure what you mean here. Trump and the GOP Congress have been very productive. The Democrats are the ones obstructing everything and holding up progress. The GOP has offered to compromise.
ud2, what I had in mind was the internal GOP House battle re an immigration bill. The President said he's sign almost anything they sent his way. But, the GOP House members are, so far, unable to compromise. Maybe this week.

Dealing with DACA matter should not be rocket science. At one point the President kept referring to a willingness to deal with 1.8 million DACAs. I don't if that's the correct number. If it is represents a significant fraction of the total immigration from the South. Whatever, it seems to me that the hang up is the GOP-controlled House, not the Democrats.

By the way, Charles Krauthammer has an outstanding chapter on immigration in his book, "Things That Matter". If the President read CK's views and explained them to the people the way CK does I think he (DJT) would have bipartisan support for an effective approach to immigration.

At the heart of CK's thinking is reasonableness.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:15 PM

Actually, UAC, I responded to your query right after you asked for the difference in the definition of liberals under the Thread "More examples of the intolerant liberals". You may want to re-check that Thread.

BTW, I don't agree with your assessment of most Prider positions on Liberals or that there are as many rabid supporters of violence or vilification of those with differing points of view on the right as on the left. You don't see much violence or intimidation and threats by the "Alt-right" (as the Antifa, Democrats or Media would like you to believe) as you do on the Progressive Left. What the Progressives like to do is conflate hate groups, like Skin Heads and other white supremacist groups with Conservatives (which they are most definitely are not) while ignoring the tacit acquiescence of intimidation or even violence on the Left.

IMHO, the "Never Trumpers" on the Right (e.g. George Will, Bill Kristol, etc.) are almost as delusional as the Democrats and Leftists when it comes to Trump. They'd rather see him fail, and the country lose out, than admit their policy prescriptions all these past decades have been wrong. These folks won't give the s.o.b.credit for anything he does, any more than the Beltway Media does; maybe they want to keep being included in the social scene in the Capitols of Europe and the elite salons of D.C. to which they've become accustomed, albeit it now as only a curiosity piece or quaint anachronism.

There does not seem to be any sense of introspection on the part of some conservative policy wonks (any more so than on the Progressive side of the aisle), because, IMHO, that would mean they would have to go back to the drawing board if Trump succeeded and admit maybe, just maybe, they've been wrong. They are letting their personal animus for his style and disdain for his "un-Presidential" verbiage, to get in the way of his actual accomplishments thus far. It seems that they preferred the snake-oil salesmanship and ooze of WJC and BHO. Yeah, they spoke the Lingua Franca of "Presidents" and 'World Leaders" (except when they didn't...which the Media ignored for the most part.) all the while lying through their teeth to the American people and appeasing our enemies. That's one old man's opinion.
JimBo (06-24-2018), TA111 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 03:17 PM
Major General

ud2, what I had in mind was the internal GOP House battle re an immigration bill. The President said he's sign almost anything they sent his way. But, the GOP House members are, so far, unable to compromise. Maybe this week.

Dealing with DACA matter should not be rocket science. At one point the President kept referring to a willingness to deal with 1.8 million DACAs. I don't if that's the correct number. If it is represents a significant fraction of the total immigration from the South. Whatever, it seems to me that the hang up is the GOP-controlled House, not the Democrats.

By the way, Charles Krauthammer has an outstanding chapter on immigration in his book, "Things That Matter". If the President read CK's views and explained them to the people the way CK does I think he (DJT) would have bipartisan support for an effective approach to immigration.

At the heart of CK's thinking is reasonableness.
Will never pass the Senate. As you know, you need 60 votes to pass legislation. Dems will not sign off on anything that supports border enforcement. I think thatís what UD2 is saying.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:36 PM

IMHO, UAC, the "mental disorder" refers to some of the vile, poisonous stream of rhetoric being spewed almost non-stop by the "Progressives". These people seem to have no constraint or register on whatever they say, nor do they seem to ever get called on it.or held accountable.by their peers...instead many are lionized for it. Look at some prime examples of their ilk in the Entertainment Industry (e.g.Peter Fonda), the Democrat Party (e.g. Maxine Waters), Cable News Pundits posing as "reporters (e.g. pick virtually anybody from CNN and MSNBC), Academia (e.g. cancellation of conservative speakers on campuses across the country because of threats of violence and intimidation), and last but not least, the Deep State ( can you imagine what the uproar would have been if Lois Lerner and the IRS targeted "Progressive Groups" during BHO's term) or if Strozk had tweeted he and others would prevent BHO from acceding to the Presidency.) C'mon, UAC, can you even remotely equate those with conservative view points with the Progressive movement today? These are not old school Liberals, they are an extinct species, IMHO.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:03 PM

Understood, but,...

Actually, UAC, I responded to your query right after you asked for the difference in the definition of liberals under the Thread "More examples of the intolerant liberals". You may want to re-check that Thread.

BTW, I don't agree with your assessment of most Prider positions on Liberals or that there are as many rabid supporters of violence or vilification of those with differing points of view on the right as on the left. You don't see much violence or intimidation and threats by the "Alt-right" (as the Antifa, Democrats or Media would like you to believe) as you do on the Progressive Left. What the Progressives like to do is conflate hate groups, like Skin Heads and other white supremacist groups with Conservatives (which they are most definitely are not) while ignoring the tacit acquiescence of intimidation or even violence on the Left.

IMHO, the "Never Trumpers" on the Right (e.g. George Will, Bill Kristol, etc.) are almost as delusional as the Democrats and Leftists when it comes to Trump. They'd rather see him fail, and the country lose out, than admit their policy prescriptions all these past decades have been wrong. These folks won't give the s.o.b.credit for anything he does, any more than the Beltway Media does; maybe they want to keep being included in the social scene in the Capitols of Europe and the elite salons of D.C. to which they've become accustomed, albeit it now as only a curiosity piece or quaint anachronism.

There does not seem to be any sense of introspection on the part of some conservative policy wonks (any more so than on the Progressive side of the aisle), because, IMHO, that would mean they would have to go back to the drawing board if Trump succeeded and admit maybe, just maybe, they've been wrong. They are letting their personal animus for his style and disdain for his "un-Presidential" verbiage, to get in the way of his actual accomplishments thus far. It seems that they preferred the snake-oil salesmanship and ooze of WJC and BHO. Yeah, they spoke the Lingua Franca of "Presidents" and 'World Leaders" (except when they didn't...which the Media ignored for the most part.) all the while lying through their teeth to the American people and appeasing our enemies. That's one old man's opinion.
I understand the point of view expressed above. But I believe you are doing more than a little rationalization in defense of the President. See, for example the sentence I've highlighted.

You are diminishing people by insinuating that their personal animus based on his style and verbiage gets in the way of their understanding and appreciating Trump's accomplishments. The President's "style" is not just a rough-around-the-edges manner, nor is it just unpresidential behavior. Rather, the President's act as displayed at home and abroad is uncivilized and intolerable.....there is no acceptable excuse for it.....and no level of accomplishment is sufficient enough to make it acceptable. Yet that is exactly what the Trumpsters are doing. What does the man have to do to raise the ire of his base to the point where they say...alright, enough?

Is there any Presidential accomplishment to date that required treating people so badly, even foreign leaders of allied nations? Especially allies!

It appears as if the President may soon visit the UK...one of our closest allies. The primary concern of UK leaders is anticipated anti-Trump demonstrations that may get out of hand....and the level of security required to prevent that. Pause and think about that. What "accomplishments" of the President have so affected the people of the UK that they don't want the American President to set foot on their soil? The answer, of course, is none. What has so riled so many people around the globe, here and abroad, is behavior that is simply unacceptable no matter what.

But to Trumpsters,...it's "Aw c'mon...your being way too sensitive and are overlooking his many accomplishments". What a load of crap! The President's "accomplishments" do not excuse his behavior.

By the way, I did not forget your comments re "liberals". It just didn't move me.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:44 PM
Major General

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/24/ma...g-trump-aides/
There are many more examples, but they have lost their minds. Dems the party of anarchy.
Old 06-24-2018, 05:50 PM
Major General

Sorry UAC, but I don’t recall Trump or any elected Republican calling for such despicable conduct as Maxine Waters just did. She is pushing for a civil war. If her ideas are so great why does she have to resort to violence and intimidation?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:05 PM

Thanked 5,625 Times in 2,685 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
The left moved beyond the 40 yard line under Obama. He refused to compromise on anything, saying that elections have consequences and the Republicans had to ride in the back of the bus. He probably chose this tactic because he thought that the Democrats had the Presidency locked up for decades, believing that the demographic shift guaranteed power and it was now just a matter of time before we were a "progressive state".

Bernie was going to be the candidate had the FBI not run a fake investigation of Hillary. Bernie Sanders was going to be the Presidential candidate of the Democratic party! That is not between the 40 yard lines.

Trump has offered a bunch of compromises, but the Dems have adopted a strategy of complete resistance. They have no interest in compromise. They announced it before Trump took office. They believe that is a political winner.

Couple all of this with what is being revealed about the conspiracy against Trump before, during and after the election in the FBI, DOJ and maybe even the White House. The "resistance" looks way outside the 40 yard line. They went out of the end zone and into the stands. They may not even be in the stadium anymore.

Last edited by Fudd; 06-24-2018 at 08:04 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-24-2018), ud2 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 06:10 PM

Waters

Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
Sorry UAC, but I donít recall Trump or any elected Republican calling for such despicable conduct as Maxine Waters just did. She is pushing for a civil war. If her ideas are so great why does she have to resort to violence and intimidation?
TA, surely you don't think I would defend or try to otherwise explain Waters behavior. And I would never compare the behavior of a Congressperson of either party with that of the President.

If some fruitcake professor at UD went off the rails would you measure such behavior against your expectation of President Spina's behavior? Of course not.

TA, my comments re President Trump in this thread have nothing whatsoever to do with policy...and everything to do with behavior.
Old 06-24-2018, 06:14 PM
Major General

UAC, here’s more. The left is creating anarchy. http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/24/pr...border-patrol/
Old 06-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Major General

TA, surely you don't think I would defend or try to otherwise explain Waters behavior. And I would never compare the behavior of a Congressperson of either party with that of the President.

If some fruitcake professor at UD went off the rails would you measure such behavior against your expectation of President Spina's behavior? Of course not.

TA, my comments re President Trump in this thread have nothing whatsoever to do with policy...and everything to do with behavior.
This isnít a UD professor. She is considered one of the leaders of the Dem party. Sorry, but this thinking is now pervasive in the dem party. Itís really sad.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:22 PM
Major General

https://townhall.com/columnists/dere...-edge-n2493836
Good article explaining whatís going on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-24-2018, 07:45 PM

UAC, I am sorry my response to your earlier query about the difference between "liberals" didn't move you; but that was not my intent to begin with. I really don't care if you moved or didn't budge an inch. However please don't get smarmy when you make a statement that you can't back up that Priders use the term "liberals or moderate Liberals as a perjortive" I had long ago mentioned that Progressives had co-opted the Liberal label while basically making true Liberals extinct in the Democrat Party. I responded to a very similar statement you made in another Thread labeled "More examples of the tolerant Liberals(#330) that you wanted to know (and had not heard or read any other Prider define it); I had defined it earlier in another Posting on another Thread and iterated it to you in Post 331 of the same Thread you posed your question. Then in this Thread, you pretty much repeated your earlier claim, and I responded to that.

Moving right along, UAC, the sentence you highlight seems to apply to you, a heckuva lot more than me or others. You're sounding more like someone who puts style and charm above substance. You variously cite Charles Krauthammer as someone you admire, but, although he opposed Trump when he was running for the Republican nomination, he came around afterward and supported him.; he didn't like his style either, but he understood it.

You cited our great allies overseas, the UK in particular...have you been keeping up on what is going on over there with the "grooming gangs" and the restrictions on free speech (hate speech codes) Do you realize a great deal of the animus in the UK is because the Mayor of Londonistan is a Moslem that hates Trump's travel ban and that DJT supported the Brexit vote, while BHO. actively tried to intervene on the side of those that wanted to stay in the EU? You'll be amazed as to what you'll find out if you stay current on world news and events, UAC...I highly recommend it.

DJT, from what I've seen and witnessed is more of a counter-puncher, than a cheap shot artist like Justin Trudeau of Canada, who made a disparaging remark after Trump had left the G-7.

Last but not least, your concern over the feelings of our allies is very touching, but here is something you might find interesting (it may not move you either ), but I'll risk it; there is an adage in Diplomacy that are no permanent allies only permanent interests: http://opinion.inquirer.net/104346/n...riends-enemies

Last edited by Bat'71; 06-24-2018 at 08:01 PM..
JimBo (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 08:09 PM

Don't get it....

I just read a piece that I think correctly addresses the issue we are discussing. It had one sentence that read, "Those that are upset or oppose things like the two Trump officials who were harassed at a restaurant or Waters outburst simply do not comprehend the depth of emotion felt by many that oppose Trump's policies" (paraphrasing),.... at the moment his handling of last week's border incidents.

Don't think for a second I am defending such behavior. I am pointing out that nothing like it has occurred re a president that I am aware of.

Re the "depth of emotion" comment. I have two personal observations. One of my friends, the brightest, best informed person I know....doctorate in engineering, MBA, corporate executive...(and a Republican in the past!)Ö.so detests the President that it is no longer possible to even discuss any matter remotely connected with the political landscape. He becomes so upset it's scary.

Similarly, I had lunch last week with another good friend (a UD grad!) that expressed serious concern about his wife (both are quite conservative). She is so upset by the Trump presidency that he's concerned it's affecting her health. He says he has tried everything he can think of to get her to calm down and be assured that the Country is OK and will "survive" DJT....to no avail, so far.

This is not just normal political opposition. And there is no reason to believe that these two people that I happen to know are isolated examples. More than a few people aren't just opposed to DJT's politics or behavior...they are really affected emotionally and scared silly that the Country is in grave peril with him at the helm.

I think it's important to at least try to understand the depth of emotions felt by people. And that will lead some of them...a small fraction, hopefully,...to do/say/act out some pretty crazy things. That's what we're seeing.

Guys, pause and at least try to understand this before lashing out....please.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:44 PM
Major General

I hated Obama’s policies, particularly Obamacare with a passion as I knew it would harm me personally and most of the country. But I didn’t go around and seek violence against Dems or his administration. Also, this started the night he was elected. Antifa riots started immediately after the election. The left has been losing their minds since November, 2016.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (06-24-2018), Fudd (06-24-2018), JimBo (06-24-2018), ud2 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 09:47 PM
Major General

Also, how can anyone be upset with Trumps economic policies. Black and Hispanic unemployment is at record lows. Overall unemployment is at record lows. Quite frankly, this is about losing an election in Nov, 2016 and not accepting reality.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:42 PM

Thank the Good Lord, most of the country (IMHO) is somewhere between your 40 yard lines, UAC. People that get as upset as your friends are probably getting their "news" and commentary from more Progressive outlets where over 90% of Trump coverage has been decidedly negative.

If all I read were the Pundits and Editorials at the NYT and WaPo , or got all my news from the likes of the Major network Media outlets, I'd probably need to be on Valium. Believe it or not, I too have family members and old friends that are decidedly anti-Trump, and more "Progressive " in their opinions, but we can and do discuss issues of the day, but not too often and in a civilized manner. I have made it a point to make sure, as best I can, that what I am reading or listening to, is correct and not overly biased, one way or another. I learned to parse sentences and phrases a long time ago and to check the facts as best I can. Language in the hands of a skilled manipulator can be very persuasive, powerful and very wrong. Put that in a 24-hour news cycle echo chamber that is cable and network news and it becomes true.

*I do read articles in the NYT and WaPo, along with the WSJ, the FT and other publications but they are not my only source of news or opinion. I learned that many reporters don't really know their subject matter, nor do many on Congressional regulatory oversight committees that regulate a broad swath of the US economy. Early in my career, after a wide ranging interview with a well regarded reporter at the WSJ, he asked me as an aside as he was leaving my office what the difference was between a Prospectus and a Proxy Statement...that was an eye-opener.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:16 PM

I just read a piece that I think correctly addresses the issue we are discussing. It had one sentence that read, "Those that are upset or oppose things like the two Trump officials who were harassed at a restaurant or Waters outburst simply do not comprehend the depth of emotion felt by many that oppose Trump's policies" (paraphrasing),.... at the moment his handling of last week's border incidents.

Don't think for a second I am defending such behavior. I am pointing out that nothing like it has occurred re a president that I am aware of.

Re the "depth of emotion" comment. I have two personal observations. One of my friends, the brightest, best informed person I know....doctorate in engineering, MBA, corporate executive...(and a Republican in the past!)….so detests the President that it is no longer possible to even discuss any matter remotely connected with the political landscape. He becomes so upset it's scary.

Similarly, I had lunch last week with another good friend (a UD grad!) that expressed serious concern about his wife (both are quite conservative). She is so upset by the Trump presidency that he's concerned it's affecting her health. He says he has tried everything he can think of to get her to calm down and be assured that the Country is OK and will "survive" DJT....to no avail, so far.

This is not just normal political opposition. And there is no reason to believe that these two people that I happen to know are isolated examples. More than a few people aren't just opposed to DJT's politics or behavior...they are really affected emotionally and scared silly that the Country is in grave peril with him at the helm.

I think it's important to at least try to understand the depth of emotions felt by people. And that will lead some of them...a small fraction, hopefully,...to do/say/act out some pretty crazy things. That's what we're seeing.

Guys, pause and at least try to understand this before lashing out....please.
The fact that they are upset does not justify violence, harassment, or political discrimination.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:17 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,161 Times in 930 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, I wouldn't darken the door of a "Red Hen" or a Starbucks now
I would, but only to relieve myself
Old 06-24-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
The left moved beyond the 40 yard line under Obama. He refused to compromise on anything, saying that elections have consequences and the Republicans had to ride in the back of the bus. He probably chose this tactic because he thought that the Democrats had the Presidency locked up for decades, believing that the demographic shift guaranteed power and it was now just a matter of time before we were a "progressive state".

Bernie was going to be the candidate had the FBI not run a fake investigation of Hillary. Bernie Sanders was going to be the Presidential candidate of the Democratic party! That is not between the 40 yard lines.

Trump has offered a bunch of compromises, but the Dems have adopted a strategy of complete resistance. They have no interest in compromise. They announced it before Trump took office. They believe that is a political winner.

Couple all of this with what is being revealed about the conspiracy against Trump before, during and after the election in the FBI, DOJ and maybe even the White House. The "resistance" looks way outside the 40 yard line. They went out of the end zone and into the stands. They may not even be in the stadium anymore.
Completely correct.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:47 PM

Response

Also, how can anyone be upset with Trumps economic policies. Black and Hispanic unemployment is at record lows. Overall unemployment is at record lows. Quite frankly, this is about losing an election in Nov, 2016 and not accepting reality.
You're kidding, right? Trump's trade policies have economists scared to death.

Thank the Good Lord, most of the country (IMHO) is somewhere between your 40 yard lines, UAC. People that get as upset as your friends are probably getting their "news" and commentary from more Progressive outlets where over 90% of Trump coverage has been decidedly negative.

If all I read were the Pundits and Editorials at the NYT and WaPo , or got all my news from the likes of the Major network Media outlets, I'd probably need to be on Valium. Believe it or not, I too have family members and old friends that are decidedly anti-Trump, and more "Progressive " in their opinions, but we can and do discuss issues of the day, but not too often and in a civilized manner. I have made it a point to make sure, as best I can, that what I am reading or listening to, is correct and not overly biased, one way or another. I learned to parse sentences and phrases a long time ago and to check the facts as best I can. Language in the hands of a skilled manipulator can be very persuasive, powerful and very wrong. Put that in a 24-hour news cycle echo chamber that is cable and network news and it becomes true.

*I do read articles in the NYT and WaPo, along with the WSJ, the FT and other publications but they are not my only source of news or opinion. I learned that many reporters don't really know their subject matter, nor do many on Congressional regulatory oversight committees that regulate a broad swath of the US economy. Early in my career, after a wide ranging interview with a well regarded reporter at the WSJ, he asked me as an aside as he was leaving my office what the difference was between a Prospectus and a Proxy Statement...that was an eye-opener.
Bat, you are underestimating my friends.

The fact that they are upset does not justify violence, harassment, or political discrimination.
Of course it doesn't. My point was that many do not seem to understand how emotional many, many people are about the Trump presidency. This is far beyond policy issues. As comfortable as people contributing to this thread are with Trump, others are disturbed and scared out of their wits.
Old 06-25-2018, 06:41 AM

Economists at the Fed are so upset, thy're projecting over 4% growth this year and expecting to raise key interest rates to cool down the economy. Before going over the cliff on tariffs now, why don't we see how things play out. Sure a full-blown trade war wold be detrimental to our economic vitality short-to-intermediate term, but take a deep breath; let's give this strategy a little time to work it's way through the system. Will the EU snuggle up to the Russian Bear (don't make me laugh), will Canada and Mexico, depend on the likes of Venezuala or Nicaragua as markets for their products, or will our Asian friends go full Xi Jinping on us and get cozy with China as they try to extend their nascent hegemony beyond the South China Sea? Now, I am not saying we're the only game in town, but the alternatives don't look too enticing to our "Allies" either. Let's see if there is some give on the part of our traditional trading partners first.

As far as "economists" are concerned, their track record isn't a heckuva lot better in predicting the future than a weatherman is predicting the "climate" or the weather on Labor Day. Hey, how is Paul Krugman's (you know the esteemed Princeton Professor Emeritus and Nobel Prize winning economist*) post DJT election prediction of a stock market collapse working out for the Dems? He was wrong? Say it ain't so!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!

*BTW, check this wallopalooser out: Krugman now thinks he was wrong on trade wars when he castigated Mitt Romney's macro-economic over simplification; https://www.forbes.com/sites/modeled.../#138c0a9712f4

Gee, thanks for your timely correction, Paul on trade. Now do you have anything to add about your post DJT election Stock Market collapse or economic growth projections?

Last edited by Bat'71; 06-25-2018 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: Krugman retired from Princeton in 2015 and is now at CUNY)
Fudd (06-25-2018), JimBo (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 07:41 AM
Major General

UAC, many of us were scared out of our wits about obama and his policies, but we used the ballot box and sound arguments to defeat those who agreed with him including Clinton. The left, quite frankly, is bereft of ideas and can only scream and harass. If their policies are so wonderful please show us. IMO, harassment and violence is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:46 AM

Thanked 11,194 Times in 5,020 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how many of these peace loving, coexisting, tolerant demanding, 'kick-the-conservative-out-of-my-business' wackjobs have these types of signs in their yards.

As I've stated before, Oakwood is full of these signs and everyone I know who displays one has more hate in their pinky than I have ever shown in my lifetime.

Which isn't a big deal to me except that they don't know it and/or won't admit it.
JimBo (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 07:50 AM

Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
You're kidding, right? Trump's trade policies have economists scared to death.

Bat, you are underestimating my friends.

Of course it doesn't. My point was that many do not seem to understand how emotional many, many people are about the Trump presidency. This is far beyond policy issues. As comfortable as people contributing to this thread are with Trump, others are disturbed and scared out of their wits.
Scared out of their wits? Oh, the drama-queens on the left. Obama's policies scared me (in the context of the loss of our economic and social future), but it only motivated me to formulate cogent arguments to try to persuade others and then motivated me to vote for someone who had reasonable policy. I did not demand to be coddled.

I didn't go on a 8-year temper tantrum.

Honestly, how can the Trump-doomsday forecasters be so wrong over and over again, yet continue to make the same predictions? Are we underestimating their powers of forecasting our doom? Or are they so emotionally driven that they cannot recognize reality?

Last edited by Fudd; 06-25-2018 at 08:09 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (06-25-2018), JimBo (06-25-2018), Mich Flyer (06-25-2018), TA111 (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Trump Job Approval at 45%, Tying Personal Best

Trump Job Approval at 45%, Tying Personal Best.

Also had 45% during his first week in office
Approval among independents is up to 42%
90% of Republicans approve
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- President Donald Trump's job approval rating averaged 45% in Gallup polling last week, tying his personal high. His previous 45% rating occurred in the first week after he was inaugurated as president.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235751/...onal-best.aspx
Old 06-25-2018, 09:23 AM

One last try....

Scared out of their wits? Oh, the drama-queens on the left. Obama's policies scared me (in the context of the loss of our economic and social future), but it only motivated me to formulate cogent arguments to try to persuade others and then motivated me to vote for someone who had reasonable policy. I did not demand to be coddled.

I didn't go on a 8-year temper tantrum.

Honestly, how can the Trump-doomsday forecasters be so wrong over and over again, yet continue to make the same predictions? Are we underestimating their powers of forecasting our doom? Or are they so emotionally driven that they cannot recognize reality?
Fudd and friends. I will try one last time. You are listening to what I'm trying to explain; but you're not hearing me. Every response to what I am trying to explain to you is met with a knee-jerk response to the effect that it's the "drama queens", "snow flakes", those that only get their news from CNN, and so forth.

That simply is not true. Sure, there is plenty of that. But there are thoughtful, well informed people,...even on the right,...that are troubled by the Trump presidency at a level so as to have affected them emotionally. I don't believe that has ever happened before...I know not in my lifetime....and most of you appear to believe either that it's untrue or just a bunch of goofy drama queens.

This is different. And you have closed your minds even to the possibility.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Lieutenant General

Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
So UAC - how do you explain his high approval rating?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:48 AM

Yipes!

Originally Posted by Mich Flyer View Post
So UAC - how do you explain his high approval rating?
Mich, you're not getting it! I'm not claiming that a majority, or 50%, or 20%, or 10%, or 5%. or 1%....of people are so upset with DJT as to be emotionally disturbed to a significant degree.

I am saying that some are.

My point being that while there are always people who feel strongly about a President one way or the other, rarely, if ever, have we had a president having the exceptionally strong emotional effect on SOME people that Trump has. That has nothing to do with overall approval ratings.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:52 AM
Lieutenant General

UAC - why is there such a strong emotional reaction for some with Trump as opposed to Obama?
Old 06-25-2018, 10:05 AM
Major General

Fudd and friends. I will try one last time. You are listening to what I'm trying to explain; but you're not hearing me. Every response to what I am trying to explain to you is met with a knee-jerk response to the effect that it's the "drama queens", "snow flakes", those that only get their news from CNN, and so forth.

That simply is not true. Sure, there is plenty of that. But there are thoughtful, well informed people,...even on the right,...that are troubled by the Trump presidency at a level so as to have affected them emotionally. I don't believe that has ever happened before...I know not in my lifetime....and most of you appear to believe either that it's untrue or just a bunch of goofy drama queens.

This is different. And you have closed your minds even to the possibility.
The interesting thing is that Trump campaigned heavily on all these policies and yet won the electoral college going away. I donít buy what youíre selling here UAC. These are immature and irrational people who from the moment Trump was elected, were willing to do about anything to overturn the will of the people. This goes hand in hand with the deep state at the FBI and DOJ who have now been caught trying to ďstopĒ Trump from being elected.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:30 AM

Really disconnected,....

UAC - why is there such a strong emotional reaction for some with Trump as opposed to Obama?
The interesting thing is that Trump campaigned heavily on all these policies and yet won the electoral college going away. I donít buy what youíre selling here UAC. These are immature and irrational people who from the moment Trump was elected, were willing to do about anything to overturn the will of the people. This goes hand in hand with the deep state at the FBI and DOJ who have now been caught trying to ďstopĒ Trump from being elected.
I'm not "selling" anything. And I can assure you TA the two close friends that I have that are emotionally upset by DJT are anything but immature and irrational. Indeed, that's an offensive characterization. It applies to those at the Red Hen. But you're way off base by applying to everyone that is really upset by the President's behavior.

Mich, I think you're confusing policies with personal characteristics. The two are as different as day is from night.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Lieutenant General

Mich, I think you're confusing policies with personal characteristics. The two are as different as day is from night.
If you don't like someone, it doesn't mean that what they do does not accomplish good ends.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:55 AM

Very true...I agree.

If you don't like someone, it doesn't mean that what they do does not accomplish good ends.
I could not agree more.

There is a caveat, though, Mich.....the "reasons" a person is disliked matter.

A person successfully accomplishing things may be disliked because of the methods he/she uses....or because of a lack of sensitivity in some areas...or for an endless variety of relatively superficial things.

I will not run through a list of reasons some people dislike the President. You know what they are. Some are very serious whether you agree with them or not. Re the "serious" objections to the Trump presidency,...your statement could be interpreted as saying that the "end justifies the means".

The President is throwing out the old playbook entirely and trying new things in just about all areas. It's way to early to write the history of that approach. I'll go along with "so far so good", and I'm not ready to pass judgement. But I'm not oblivious to the fact that a pretty significant number of my fellow countrymen are mighty upset by his means. And they are not all "intolerant liberals".
Old 06-25-2018, 11:04 AM
Lieutenant General

...your statement could be interpreted as saying that the "end justifies the means".
Ö and what are the means objected to?
Old 06-25-2018, 11:18 AM

Thanked 1,298 Times in 779 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Do you consider having an effigy of Obama hanging and on fire a strong emotional reaction?
Old 06-25-2018, 11:27 AM

Thanked 6,892 Times in 2,944 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
of people are so upset with DJT as to be emotionally disturbed to a significant degree.

I am saying that some are.

My point being that while there are always people who feel strongly about a President one way or the other, rarely, if ever, have we had a president having the exceptionally strong emotional effect on SOME people that Trump has.
This isn't problematic for this president, this is problematic for this society.

Republicans weren't distraught with Obama to the point they needed medicated. I felt his policies were just as destructive, if not more than the subjective emotional distress that liberals have with Trump. Did I jump off a cliff? Nope, I voiced my opinions at the polls.

The people that are emotionally disturbed due to the election of a president are ignorant and looking for an excuse for their own lack of cognitive rationale. These are the same people that blamed congress on Obama not getting things done, yet apparently Trump has so much more power than the previous administration. These people that are upset, have no idea how representative government even works.

Society is weak and the people that need safe spaces due to a president are weak as well. I don't care if it is 100 people or 100k people or 1 million people...they are weak minded individuals that don't understand the basic concepts of government. These are the same people that too no issue with the disastrous policies of the Obama administration.

This is a problem with those that are emotionally disturbed because of an elected official. This isn't Trumps problem. Every swinging dick with a computer, twitter handle, or a facebook account is some political expert...now they simply have a digital platform to air their petty grievances.

From now until the end of time, the weak people are going to simply cry and name call in order to try and get everyone to agree with them. Unfortunately for them, the majority sees through their bull**** and Trump will be well on his way to a second term.

Last edited by shocka43; 06-25-2018 at 11:31 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (06-25-2018), IAFlyer (06-25-2018), Monster Man (06-25-2018), TA111 (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 12:33 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IAFlyer View Post
Do you consider having an effigy of Obama hanging and on fire a strong emotional reaction?

There are idiots on both sides of everything.
IAFlyer (06-25-2018), JimBo (06-25-2018), Mich Flyer (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 03:29 PM

Thanked 3,350 Times in 1,754 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-667934

Good old Maxine Waters encouraging attacks on Trump and his cabinet.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet — in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station — you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,” implored California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters at a Saturday rally, prompting an immediate conservative backlash on social media.

If any harm comes to anyone in Trump's cabinet I hope they go after Maxine. If I were a democrat I would be embarrassed at this. Why don't they come up with a few good ideas that the president could listen to? All they have is attack/attack/attack.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:11 PM

UAC, you seem to be more confused in defending your friends than we are in interpreting your reasoning thus far, , IMHO. The "feelings and fears" your admired friends seem to have over DJT, sound more paranoid than one would expect to see at our age...perhaps more in keeping with younger, more impressionable voters than seasoned citizens. It's reminiscent of the fear mongering the Democrats used against Barry Goldwater ( with the "Bomb") in 1964; it worked so well ginning up "fear" they've broken it out of their play book again against Trump and it's having some negative effect, but not as much as they'd like. So now they are onto Nazism and Fascism...what's next, the Devil Incarnate? IMHO, your intellectual, highly admired and successful friends need to get our more, stop watching 24/7 cable News and travel beyond the I-95 corridor and see what's going on in the rest of the country.

I think they'd find that your average citizen thinks the Coastal elites and Washington, D.C. bureaucrats/apparatchiks and political bosses are out of touch with them and don't care about their daily concerns. Many worry about their kids going to schools where teachers don't have control of the class rooms, where MS-13 gang members roam the neighborhoods (who da thunk Long Island bedroom communities would have these issues 10 years ago), Big City mayors are more concerned with providing safe haven to illegals than their own citizens, the police and ICE agents are are targeted by vigilantes and College campuses are controlled by psuedo-intellectuals, that charge a fortune to indoctrinate their college age kids in the PC culture and micro-aggression du jour. These are real fears and real issues and DJT is addressing them, the Dems are not.

Last edited by Bat'71; 06-25-2018 at 04:23 PM..
cj (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 06:09 PM

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-trump-667934

Good old Maxine Waters encouraging attacks on Trump and his cabinet.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet ó in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station ó you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them theyíre not welcome anymore, anywhere,Ē implored California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters at a Saturday rally, prompting an immediate conservative backlash on social media.

If any harm comes to anyone in Trump's cabinet I hope they go after Maxine. If I were a democrat I would be embarrassed at this. Why don't they come up with a few good ideas that the president could listen to? All they have is attack/attack/attack.
What gets in my craw (southern speak) is that I help pay her salary!
Old 06-26-2018, 09:21 AM

I could not agree more.

There is a caveat, though, Mich.....the "reasons" a person is disliked matter.

A person successfully accomplishing things may be disliked because of the methods he/she uses....or because of a lack of sensitivity in some areas...or for an endless variety of relatively superficial things.

I will not run through a list of reasons some people dislike the President. You know what they are. Some are very serious whether you agree with them or not. Re the "serious" objections to the Trump presidency,...your statement could be interpreted as saying that the "end justifies the means".

The President is throwing out the old playbook entirely and trying new things in just about all areas. It's way to early to write the history of that approach. I'll go along with "so far so good", and I'm not ready to pass judgement. But I'm not oblivious to the fact that a pretty significant number of my fellow countrymen are mighty upset by his means. And they are not all "intolerant liberals".
I love how when we finally get a president that has the guts to fight and pursue and actually accomplish some long-sought-after goals, all of a sudden the Democrats and the RINO's all start whining about how scary Trump is.

What a load of garbage!

Gee, what a coincidence!

Last edited by ud2; 06-26-2018 at 09:27 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (06-26-2018), Mich Flyer (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 09:26 AM

The real reason for much of this whining is because Trump is a serious and transformational president, and all of his opponents can't stand the fact that Trump is making progress and succeeding.

And they can't stand the fact that he completely ignores all their whining and increasingly unhinged behavior. Past GOP presidents have backed off when the left starts going nuts, but not Trump.
Fudd (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 09:44 AM

Maxine Waters is calling for intimidation of public officials and the leftist pundits are frighteningly supportive.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:56 AM

Thanked 5,624 Times in 3,195 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
This whining and negative press started when the last Bush was the president. The negative propaganda by the liberals and the press were huge and intense during Bush's last year. It was not as noticeable because there was no internet, Facebook, etc. to speak of. Secondly, many of us had not caught onto what the media was doing, slanting the coverage to be anti-Republican.

This negative stuff has nothing to do with what Trump is getting done, or not, or who he is. The reality is the Dems do not have their person and people in control and it is "anything goes" against their enemy, until they win. Sad they are extreme and vulgar in their approach, but get used to it. It is who the Dems and liberals are.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (06-26-2018), JimBo (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 10:01 AM

Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,389 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
The real reason for much of this whining is because Trump is a serious and transformational president, and all of his opponents can't stand the fact that Trump is making progress and succeeding.

And they can't stand the fact that he completely ignores all their whining and increasingly unhinged behavior. Past GOP presidents have backed off when the left starts going nuts, but not Trump.
Claytonflyerfan expressed my thoughts on Trump in another thread. I am not crazy about him but I could never consider the alternative. I had hopes that Trump would drain the "Jim" but I really don't think that will happen. He is exposing it but how many people really care? Most people may b!tch and moan about politicians and taxes but how many really care enough to get involved? Does not matter whether it is local, state or federal.

For a couple of different reasons, I have become more aware of politics. My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with beliefs or policy - it has to do with winning. That's all politicians care about. I believe any of them could run on as either a D or an R. Would not matter to them. They pick a side and go about trying to win. At one time I think young politicians had more altruistic view and only latter became contaminated. I think even that is going away and they start out only concerned about winning.

I know this is doom and gloom but I am not sure what will ever happen to cause a change.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:03 AM

Musings....

Maxine Waters is calling for intimidation of public officials and the leftist pundits are frighteningly supportive.
Waters: My bet is that the harassment of public officials is viewed as so outrageous that is will backfire...benefiting Trump and the GOP.

Trade: Far more important...the Harley Davidson decision to move jobs offshore is but the first shoe to drop. Economists are estimating that Trump's trade policies will cost the U.S. 15-20 jobs for each job gained. Many Priders have slammed economic predictions. OK...maybe the economists are wrong again...perhaps the U.S. will lose only 5-10 jobs for each one gained. The damage has is just beginning.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
This whining and negative press started when the last Bush was the president. The negative propaganda by the liberals and the press were huge and intense during Bush's last year. It was not as noticeable because there was no internet, Facebook, etc. to speak of. Secondly, many of us had not caught onto what the media was doing, slanting the coverage to be anti-Republican.

This negative stuff has nothing to do with what Trump is getting done, or not, or who he is. The reality is the Dems do not have their person and people in control and it is "anything goes" against their enemy, until they win. Sad they are extreme and vulgar in their approach, but get used to it. It is who the Dems and liberals are.
I partially agree, some of the negativity is just because that is who the left is, but some of it is definitely because of Trump's aggressiveness. If we had Kasich as president right now, the back-and-forth fighting IMO would not be so intense right now, but that would be because Kasich would not have been as aggressive as Trump is in pursuing his agenda.

Last edited by ud2; 06-26-2018 at 10:07 AM..
Old 06-26-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Claytonflyerfan expressed my thoughts on Trump in another thread. I am not crazy about him but I could never consider the alternative. I had hopes that Trump would drain the "Jim" but I really don't think that will happen. He is exposing it but how many people really care? Most people may b!tch and moan about politicians and taxes but how many really care enough to get involved? Does not matter whether it is local, state or federal.

For a couple of different reasons, I have become more aware of politics. My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with beliefs or policy - it has to do with winning. That's all politicians care about. I believe any of them could run on as either a D or an R. Would not matter to them. They pick a side and go about trying to win. At one time I think young politicians had more altruistic view and only latter became contaminated. I think even that is going away and they start out only concerned about winning.

I know this is doom and gloom but I am not sure what will ever happen to cause a change.
I think Trump is different, he keeps his word.

If Trump only cared about winning, he would not be so confrontational about pursuing his agenda, he could easily back off and just coast.

I think Trump could transform US politics, we have already seen several candidates nationwide that have modeled themselves after Trump: no-nonsense, don't-back-off, get-things-done type people.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:29 AM

Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,389 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute

If Trump only cared about winning, he would not be so confrontational about pursuing his agenda, he could easily back off and just coast.

I think Trump could transform US politics, we have already seen several candidates nationwide that have modeled themselves after Trump: no-nonsense, don't-back-off, get-things-done type people.
It's not Trump. I just don't think anything he does or doesn't do will have that great of an effect on the rest of the "Jim."
Old 06-26-2018, 10:40 AM

Hopefull

I hope you feel this way after the impact of Trump's trade policies are felt.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:54 AM

She and others on the left are equating their current behavior to the behavior of Tea Partiers/right wingers in 2010, saying that this is payback for 2010.

I was not paying close attention in 2010, but I do not remember it being at all the way she is describing.

In 2010, you had angry right wingers shouting at organized Town Hall meetings.

Now, you have leftists aggressively harassing and confronting public officials in public on the street. IMO, that is completely different, and much worse, than shouting at an organized Town Hall meeting.
shocka43 (06-27-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 02:17 PM

Waters: My bet is that the harassment of public officials is viewed as so outrageous that is will backfire...benefiting Trump and the GOP.

Trade: Far more important...the Harley Davidson decision to move jobs offshore is but the first shoe to drop. Economists are estimating that Trump's trade policies will cost the U.S. 15-20 jobs for each job gained. Many Priders have slammed economic predictions. OK...maybe the economists are wrong again...perhaps the U.S. will lose only 5-10 jobs for each one gained. The damage has is just beginning.
If the past may be our guide, consider the politics of these "economists". Is there anyone that has a good track record of predictions in the last few years that you would recommend?
Old 06-26-2018, 02:21 PM

She and others on the left are equating their current behavior to the behavior of Tea Partiers/right wingers in 2010, saying that this is payback for 2010.

I was not paying close attention in 2010, but I do not remember it being at all the way she is describing.

In 2010, you had angry right wingers shouting at organized Town Hall meetings.

Now, you have leftists aggressively harassing and confronting public officials in public on the street. IMO, that is completely different, and much worse, than shouting at an organized Town Hall meeting.
The liberals may be able to find a few crackpots who said some nasty things about Obama 10 years ago, but the volume and spread of the Maxine Waters style calls for violence and intimidation have no match. The vitriol is mainstream in the media and social media. It's widespread on campuses and highly liberal cities. Hollywood has gone nuts.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (06-26-2018), Mich Flyer (06-26-2018), TA111 (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Major General

I saw this coming from a mile away. See my post #5 above. https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/...eet-lexington/
Old 06-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Major General

The liberals may be able to find a few crackpots who said some nasty things about Obama 10 years ago, but the volume and spread of the Maxine Waters style calls for violence and intimidation have no match. The vitriol is mainstream in the media and social media. It's widespread on campuses and highly liberal cities. Hollywood has gone nuts.
Exactly, while there may have a few idiots randomly making stupid statements while obama was in office, this resistance idiocy has become mainstream dem thinking. When a member of Congress, for crying out loud, calls for harassment of his/her political opponents, they have lost all sense of right and wrong.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:35 PM

I am skeptical of your doom and gloom predictions regarding Trump's trade policies.

Trump: people do not know what is going on behind the scenes, you would not believe how much people want to negotiate with me on trade.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-27-2018), JimBo (06-26-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 08:08 AM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree ud2. UAC, and others can predict doom and gloom, just as they have from the day Trump ran. However so far, it has been nothing but roses and sunshine.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:35 PM

Some economist out there is optimistic. 5.3% growth projection?

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/g...-15-year-high/

Didn't the Obama administration claim that was a thing of the past. The world had changed......
Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
TA111 (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 08:30 PM

No ganging up guys....

I am skeptical of your doom and gloom predictions regarding Trump's trade policies.

Trump: people do not know what is going on behind the scenes, you would not believe how much people want to negotiate with me on trade.
It's not doom and gloom...it's simple worry. And fercryanoutloud, surely I'm not the only one expressing concern. Paul Ryan will avoid saying anything opposing the President positions, understandably. Nonetheless, today I heard him say "I am opposed to tariffs..period!" That is an unequivocal statement of opposition to the President's trade policy.

I agree ud2. UAC, and others can predict doom and gloom, just as they have from the day Trump ran. However so far, it has been nothing but roses and sunshine.
Roses and sunshine? You're kidding, right? Sentiment toward the U.S. among allied nations has got to be at a record low. Wait until the President visits the U.K....he'll be lucky to get out with his life. But, hey...who cares what those Limeys think of us.

Some economist out there is optimistic. 5.3% growth projection?

https://www.hannity.com/media-room/g...-15-year-high/

Didn't the Obama administration claim that was a thing of the past. The world had changed......
Projections in the 4%-5% range are outliers. While there are some, figures in the 3%-3.5% range are far more common. However, I'll settle for 3%-3.5% consistently....those are good numbers. But, don't forget, while 5% is better than 3%, neither will barely make a dent in the ~ $1 trillion annual deficit.

Whatever, let's all hope for the best.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:47 AM

UAC, you're becoming a broken record: you fear our "allies" reaction to trade policy, you fear what some economists predict may happen; either starting a nuclear confrontation with Little Rocket Man or giving away the shop to him,; yada, yada, yada.

Where was your fear when BHO was leading from behind, sending boat loads of cash to the Mad Mullahs, letting China build up bases on coral atolls in the South China Sea, all the while cutting our Defense Appropriations to the bone? I think I know where your well educated, credentialed friends get their paranoia, and it ain't necessarily DJT...just sayin'.
jack72 (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 07:26 AM

Now C'mon Bat....

UAC, you're becoming a broken record: you fear our "allies" reaction to trade policy, you fear what some economists predict may happen; either starting a nuclear confrontation with Little Rocket Man or giving away the shop to him,; yada, yada, yada.

Where was your fear when BHO was leading from behind, sending boat loads of cash to the Mad Mullahs, letting China build up bases on coral atolls in the South China Sea, all the while cutting our Defense Appropriations to the bone? I think I know where your well educated, credentialed friends get their paranoia, and it ain't necessarily DJT...just sayin'.
Bat, I am a worrier...for sure. But you're exaggerating a bit.

Trade policy: I am not alone in my concern. In fact my view of Trump's trade policy is a majority view. I hope I am wrong. But Priders on this forum who claim all will be just fine are the outliers...not me.

Re NK and Rocket Man: You're off base on this one. From the git-go I have supported the President's different approach and I still do. Nothing significant to show for it yet....but I'm hopeful. No yada, yada, yada from me.

Your final para is just baloney. I can't think of one aspect of Obama's foreign or domestic policy that I approved of and/or supported. And you won't find posts of mine to the contrary.

Obama-Trump comparison: Just because Obama was a disaster doesn't mean doing everything differently will work out well. The way you do things matters.
Consider: A house has a serious termite problem....problem has got to be solved....have got to get rid of the those termites. So, you burn the house to the ground. Problem solved...no more termites. Smart, right? Hardly!

We've got a trade deficit problem...not a big one actually, and really only with one country, China. So, let's start a trade war. "Trade wars are easy to win", the Chief said. There is hardly a person in government on either side of the aisle or outside of government that agrees with that.

And you're chiding me?...a broken record you say, yada, yada, yada.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:52 AM

I am not in favor of tariffs or trade wars, however (as mentioned previously in various Posts) periodically when intransigence occurs, negotiating requires one to pull out a billy club to force some concessions from rivals. DJT is not stupid or irrational...nor are his Senior Trade Reps; he reportedly is already pulling back on some of his trade sanction talk with China. I also don't believe he wants his demands to be met 100%,,,just some movement from our European and other "Allies" and some support reimposing sanctions against he Mad Mullahs. The thing with Trump (IMHO) is do not always take him literally...watch what he does,
Old 06-28-2018, 06:00 PM

I watched a bit of Trump's latest rally, and he addressed those who are gnashing their teeth over a "trade war". I'm going to paraphrase, because I don't have his quote in front of me, but after giving some examples of how countries tax and tariff our goods without reciprocation from us, he said something like, "The trade war happened a long time ago, and the USA lost because our leaders were not looking out for us."

Last edited by Fudd; 06-28-2018 at 08:40 PM..
Old 06-28-2018, 06:31 PM

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Any change in policy, procedure, process or staff brings angst until everyone settles down to embrace and execute the change(s). This old adage applies...if you're gonna make an omelet, you gotta crack some eggs!
Can't see any reason to fret over a change in trade policies. The imbalance, at the outset, benefited certain industries and individuals. And as frequently happens when things turn to green mud, the taxpayer is left holding the bag.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:22 AM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Obama-Trump comparison: Just because Obama was a disaster doesn't mean doing everything differently will work out well. The way you do things matters.
We also don't know everything that is going on either. Due to access to information, there are hundreds of thousands of people, on both sides of the isle, that think they have a 100% grasp on what is going on in government. Our resident liberal on here thinks that he has it figured out...and he is drafting his garbage from twitter feeds. There are conservatives that think they have it figured out...and they are quoting The Blaze.

The bottom line is that we don't know the phone calls that this administration (or any previous) is having or the content of all the meetings. We shouldn't either.
IAFlyer (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,939 Times in 902 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
It's not doom and gloom...it's simple worry. And fercryanoutloud, surely I'm not the only one expressing concern. Paul Ryan will avoid saying anything opposing the President positions, understandably. Nonetheless, today I heard him say "I am opposed to tariffs..period!" That is an unequivocal statement of opposition to the President's trade policy.

Roses and sunshine? You're kidding, right? Sentiment toward the U.S. among allied nations has got to be at a record low. Wait until the President visits the U.K....he'll be lucky to get out with his life. But, hey...who cares what those Limeys think of us.

Projections in the 4%-5% range are outliers. While there are some, figures in the 3%-3.5% range are far more common. However, I'll settle for 3%-3.5% consistently....those are good numbers. But, don't forget, while 5% is better than 3%, neither will barely make a dent in the ~ $1 trillion annual deficit.

Whatever, let's all hope for the best.
No ganging up. You are just in the minority.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:09 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,161 Times in 930 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Iíll just leave this right here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b5e692f0c7b8
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Iíll just leave this right here.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b5e692f0c7b8
Bat'71 (06-29-2018), cj (06-29-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (06-29-2018), JimBo (06-29-2018), Mich Flyer (06-29-2018), rollo (06-29-2018), Viperstick (06-29-2018)
Old 07-02-2018, 02:21 PM
Major General

This is what we are up against with the insane left. https://www.redstate.com/brandon_mor...ng-isis-ms-13/
Old 07-03-2018, 08:47 PM

More of the "outrage" game: why is there apparently no Left-Wing Atifa or Media outrage at the leadership of the countries that are the root cause of the migrant and refugee crises around the world. Why is this trumped up "outrage" directed at the USA and other First World Countries and not the dysfunctional countries whose populations are being abused to the point of needing to pack up what little they have and risk their lives and that of their family members to journey far from home to cultures that they are ill prepared to adapt to? ? These are the "Bleep-hole" Countries that DJT was referencing (and not the people that are fleeing them in droves) that got the Left and their Media allies panties in a twist. OH THE HUMANITY and the abject STUPIDITY (IMHO) exhibited by the Progressives and their Media lap dogs. .

Meanwhile places like Venezuela, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Mexico, Haiti (in our Hemisphere) and their Political Leader ship get a pass. Remember when Hugo Chavez and his replacement Muduro were the heroes of Hollywood and the Left? Despite the total collapse of it's economy and the fleeing of their best and brightest (following the blueprint of the Castro Boyz) we haven't heard much from the Media or the Alt-Left have we? No, Gawd forbid, we are at fault for not letting these poor folks into our country illegally and not the countries with dysfunctional Leadership and Kleptocratrs forcing them out. How exactly does the thought process work on the Left to have this moral equivalence or "blame game" rationalized on the Left? Just asking?
jack72 (07-04-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Major General

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/06/...aching-border/
Who knew Canadian liberals were as hypocritical as American liberals?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-05-2018), ud2 (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:44 AM

I hope that this type of incident stops.

The man has been identified as Kino Jimenez, his employer fired him after seeing the video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...da_on_him.html:

Man Rips Teen's 'Make America Great Again' Hat Off Head, Throws Soda On Him

https://heavy.com/news/2018/07/kino-jimenez/
Old 07-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Have you driven through Toronto lately? What a mess.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Agree, why isn't the msm all over the liberal Trudeau for being anti-immigrant?
Old 07-06-2018, 11:17 AM

The man has been identified as Kino Jimenez, his employer fired him after seeing the video.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jimenez has been arrested and charged. Trump has come to the defense of the victim and is sending him a signed MAGA hat.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...aga-hat-texas/

Last edited by ud2; 07-06-2018 at 11:19 AM..
Old 07-06-2018, 11:33 AM

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/270...bruce-thornton

I think this is an important read. While things certainly seem bad, and are amplified due to social media, this is nothing compared to the 60's and 70's, where thousands of bombings occurred and real violence and riots. There have been pockets, wherever antifa is prevalent such as Portland, but most of what we've seen is rude behavior and social media chest puffery. Do I get angry? You bet. But I don't let it control me or my reactions. It's way too easy to get outraged and tweet, facebook, or message board rant about it, but until/unless real violence becomes prevalent, I'm going to go about my business and enjoy the wins whenever they occur.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:12 PM

Jimenez has been arrested and charged. Trump has come to the defense of the victim and is sending him a signed MAGA hat.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...aga-hat-texas/
How disgusting. An adult bullying a teen is never justified.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:34 PM

Showme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud ofShowme Flyer has much to be proud of
How disgusting. An adult bullying a teen is never justified.
Typical Liberal, if it was an adult never would have happened , coward easy to pick on two skinny teenagers
Old 07-08-2018, 06:01 AM

Food for thought:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.48717a4874e0
Old 07-08-2018, 06:04 AM

Progressives shun a true "Old Time" Liberal Lion: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.48717a4874e0
Old 07-08-2018, 06:23 AM
Lieutenant General

Mitch McConnell confronted by 'Abolish ICE' protesters, video shows

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was verbally harassed by protesters calling for the abolition of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement as he left a Louisville restaurant Saturday morning, an online video showed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...deo-shows.html
Old 07-08-2018, 10:52 PM

Steve Bannon is harassed at a Richmond book store, the owner of the store called the police.

Last edited by ud2; 07-08-2018 at 10:54 PM..
Old 07-09-2018, 09:33 AM

Victor Davis Hanson putting things in perspective. The Left's hyperbole is truly a disgusting and perverse disservice to the Country, IMHO:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...-down-history/
Fudd (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 11:41 AM

This is just precious...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/lesbian...-pride-parade/

"Conservatives long predicted that feminism and transgenderism were ultimately incompatible, but for a long time it seemed like the LGBT movement might just hold them together. Well, on Saturday that movement burst open, as lesbians led the parade in attacking transgenderism. "Transactivism Erases Lesbians!" read a banner that temporarily led the Pride in London march in the heart of Britain's capital.

'
jack72 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Major General

Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute

+ YouTube Video

He had a job? Oh. Good, good for him.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:38 PM
Major General

Some noticeably absent posters on this thread. These people disgust me and I'd be embarrassed to be on the same side as these degenerates.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (07-09-2018), shocka43 (07-09-2018)