Comment

Article Tools Display Modes
This Here Is The Week That Is
Jim Meadows
Published by Swampy Meadows
02-01-2010

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) –- Back in the early ‘60s there was a TV variety show (which originated in Great Britain) called “That Was the Week That Was.” It was a lighthearted look back at the newsworthy events of the previous seven days. They called it “TW3” for short.

It’s time to update the concept for Xavier Week, but what can we call it? “This Here Is the Week That Is” that’s what!

The premise of “THITWTI” will be the exact opposite of “TW3” –- to gaze forward and see what will be going down in the 168 hours between the SBU victory and the game Saturday, rather than looking back...all done with an Ohio accent instead of a British one.

“THITWTI” Prediction: We will all be driving flying cars by the end of next week.

Every futuristic article ever penned in the ‘50s or ‘60s showed an illustrated depiction of people buzzing around in aeromobiles like George, Jane, Judy and Elroy Jetson. So as long as we’re doing predictions, might as well include that one here, too.

“THITWTI” Prediction: “Fab3zius” will not be posting in the Xavier game thread on the UD Pride MB.

Just a wild guess on my part.

“THITWTI” Prediction: The “Separated at Birth” thread on the UD Pride MB won’t be nearly as good as it has been in years past.

No Rat Face or Screamin’ Sean Miller to make fun of this time around. Not that Chris Mack isn’t an easy target…to hit squarely in the face with an in-bounds pass.

“THITWTI” Prediction: Mustie fan “Snipe” is found unconscious after the loss to UD in his mom’s basement in the fashionable Over the Rhine area of Cincy from what hospital officials determine to be an overdose of sniffing used baseball equipment.

“Smell the Glove” indeed.

“THITWTI” Prediction: Kurt Huelsman and London Warren will extend their streak of double figure point production to three games.

You can’t stop KH and LW; you can only hope to contain them.

“THITWTI” Prediction: A-10 MB posters will finally figure out that Muddy Waters and Swampy Meadows are two entirely different people.

Heck, even UD fan “ChrisSFlyer” referred to “Muddy Meadows” in a recent thread. Muddy staunchly defends the Flyer cause on the A-10 MB and he tends to annoy a lot of folks over there, Eggs over Easy fans especially. If any internet genius would bother to compare our IP addresses they would see that Mr. Waters and I are posting from 2 very different places, indeed.

“THITWTI” Prediction: The sell-out crowd at UD Arena will not all stand up and dance along with Dr. Willie and the band when the players take the court vs. Eggsavior.

Sorry, UD Pride MB poster/man-on-a-mission “tgluvsud” but this just ain’t gonna happen. Nice try, tho, bro.

“THITWTI” Prediction: The Blackburn Review will be forced to shut down after their servers are vaporized when their lame-ass MB is flooded with pictures of fully-clothed Boston Red Sox players posted by an unidentified Pride Plus member.

They call me “BR Buster.”

“THITWTI” Prediction: After Eggs loses to UD, an incoherent PM Thor will be held for observation following reports of an assault by a giant, overly amorous watermelon outside his double-wide in Newport, Kentucky while wearing only his “Hammer Time” thong underwear.

It’s payback time. Somewhere, Pete Waleskowski will be laughing his butt off when he hears about this.

“THITWTI” Prediction: The Flyers will have chicken soup and saltine crackers with a bottled water chaser for their post-game meal in Philly after they upset Temple on the 24th.

Another wild guess on my part…about the food that is, anyway. And yes, that game isn’t for another 3 weeks -- sue me.

“THITWTI” Prediction: Disillusioned Eggs MB posters will attribute their loss to Dayton on the fact that UD fans had a whole week to totally trash their rivals on Flyer MBs, while Mouskie fans, according to the terms of the Geneva Convention, had to wait until after their game on Wednesday vs. UMass to do likewise.

They’re gonna have to blame it on something, right?

“THITWTI” Prediction: Former Musket Tear player Stanley “Hammer Time” Burrell takes out a pay day loan for $500 and buys 2 ducats to the Saturday Showdown at UD Arena from an online ticket scalper, shows up for the game at 7:00PM and wonders where everyone is.

That’s putting that Eggsavior education to good use, Stan.

“THITWTI” Prediction: Muskrat guard Jordan Crawford hits for 43 points in a losing effort. Unfortunately for Chris Smack, no one else on the Eczema roster scores as Crawford refuses to pass them the ball, in a stunning display of teimwork.

It could happen, believe me.

“THITWTI” Prediction:

Flyboys 57

Mouseketeers 43

That’s it “From the Swamp.”
You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
By The Chef on 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Swampy, I believe Mr. Crawford spells that word teaMEwork.
By Swampy Meadows on 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah, but there is an 'i' in teimwork.
By SMELL THE GLOVE on 02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
“THITWTI” Prediction: Mustie fan “Snipe” is found unconscious after the loss to UD in his mom’s basement in the fashionable Over the Rhine area of Cincy from what hospital officials determine to be an overdose of sniffing used baseball equipment.

“Smell the Glove” indeed."

Swappy,

It is touching to know that you missed me so much. When I logged in today it tells me my last visit was in February of 2007. Even after three years you never lost that loving feeling. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Best of luck closing out the season after Saturday. Hope you guys can get over the hump.

Cheers!
By San Diego Flyer on 02-02-2010, 11:39 AM
OMG. I thought there was a better chance of Elvis posting on the board.
Comment