User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-20-2020, 10:47 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Can a trap game be a home game?

I guess it all depends on your definition of trap game, but I certainly believe so. And I feel like Wednesday is very much one of two remaining traps games, along with 2/25 at George Mason.

The Bonnies don't offer much benefit as a Q3 win. They've gotten healthy and started conference play with 4 straight wins. They own a neutral win over tourney bound (today) Rutgers, so they have the capability to beat quality teams.

The Flyers are coming off an emotional road win at SLU in dramatic fashion and human nature tells me we could be lacking that mental edge/attitude for Wednesday night's game. Hopefully the home crowd, as well as Anthony Grant, will hold them accountable and keep them focused with high energy.

Wow, A10 scheduling did no favors to the Bonnies. Back to back road games against VCU and Dayton.
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2020, 10:53 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Will Bona's center be able to play? He sat the VCU game due to a concussion.

Bona took UD to double overtime last season in Olean, hopefully they realize they need to bring it every night.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree they looked bad against VCU. But they were without their big man, who was out with concussion. (VCU also had guys out with concussions.) But I read somewhere that SBU has only lost 1 game which that big man played. I totally respect the job Schmidt does at SBU. Also heard on TV broadcast that SBU has biggest starting lineup in A10. Don't know if true or not. But I thought I saw them playing 2 bigs and then 3 guards who had very nice size.

Sure hope nobody is over looking SBU.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:56 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
I guess it all depends on your definition of trap game, but I certainly believe so. And I feel like Wednesday is very much one of two remaining traps games, along with 2/25 at George Mason.

The Bonnies don't offer much benefit as a Q3 win. They've gotten healthy and started conference play with 4 straight wins. They own a neutral win over tourney bound (today) Rutgers, so they have the capability to beat quality teams.

The Flyers are coming off an emotional road win at SLU in dramatic fashion and human nature tells me we could be lacking that mental edge/attitude for Wednesday night's game. Hopefully the home crowd, as well as Anthony Grant, will hold them accountable and keep them focused with high energy.

Wow, A10 scheduling did no favors to the Bonnies. Back to back road games against VCU and Dayton.
I really do not get the argument that this is a trap game. the Bonnies with their big guy back and 4-1 in the A10 is better than Richmond without their leading scorer. We should never be looking past a team with only 1 loss in league play.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:00 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
If Osunyi plays, they're formidable. In all their losses, he either hasn't played or played limited minutes. He missed the VCU game in concussion protocol; they got smoked by 28.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:23 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Everybody will be gunning for us the rest of the way...if you are the opponent, wouldn't you want to be able to say that you got a top 10, top 5, top whatever scalp? Be ready to play every game.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-20-2020), NJFlyr71 (01-20-2020), podcast411 (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 11:46 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I really do not get the argument that this is a trap game. the Bonnies with their big guy back and 4-1 in the A10 is better than Richmond without their leading scorer. We should never be looking past a team with only 1 loss in league play.
Agreed, but the Bonnies have not gotten ANY kind of love or attention. Not really much in the A10 circles either, other than a few tweets about "Don't sleep on the Bonnies'.

It gets ZERO attention/cred as far as a quality win and can only be a bad loss, regardless of their 4-1 league standing. They are extremely well coached.

When you add all that, their caliber of play potential, to the emotional game we just cam down from, I could personally see this game "sneaking" up on us. Just my opinion/observation.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:12 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Except for some known quantity like a VCU, STL or Richmond any game either before or after an emotional game against the same names mentioned above is ripe for a trap game.

U gotta bring it every game every time. Although acknowledging that it is tuff to do in any sport. Just look at some of the recent NFL playoff games. Professionals have an off day against a team bound and determined.

Glad I dont have to deal with that type of pressure ...
Old 01-20-2020, 03:04 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton Wants

everybody's best shot in the A-10 because they have designs on a national championship season. Only an "A" game from an A-10 opponent prepares them for the rigors they will face in March.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:14 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Agreed, but the Bonnies have not gotten ANY kind of love or attention. Not really much in the A10 circles either, other than a few tweets about "Don't sleep on the Bonnies'.

It gets ZERO attention/cred as far as a quality win and can only be a bad loss, regardless of their 4-1 league standing. They are extremely well coached.

When you add all that, their caliber of play potential, to the emotional game we just cam down from, I could personally see this game "sneaking" up on us. Just my opinion/observation.
Unless, we just survived our trap game for the week. I tend to think a lot of emotion/adrenaline was pumped into the VCU game and that's why the SLU game was such a struggle. The SLU should be a wake-up call, not a lull you to sleep victory.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (01-20-2020)
Old 01-20-2020, 09:15 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Give the points. It's a W.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:46 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
When you're ranked #7, you're suddenly everyone's Super Bowl on their schedule. You are going to get their best shot. Overlook anybody....ANYBODY.....at your peril.

Bonnies are more than capable of coming into the Arena and walking out with a W. Helped in part if UD decides to stroll. The higher you're ranked, the more that is asked of you to justify the recognition. I remember JR Bremer putting up about 37 points in a game once. He had about 25 at halftime and sank a 35 footer at the halftime buzzer just to put an exclamation on things. They walked the dog start to finish.

If we're truly the seventh best team in the country -- and there's two very pragmatic sides to that argument -- then play like it or surrender the rank. Its just that simple.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
jpk4ud (01-21-2020), Tony T 71 (01-21-2020)