Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-22-2020, 11:13 AM
Captain

udhoopsfan is on a distinguished road
Dayton-area TV for Richmond Game?

The Richmond game will be shown in the DC area on Sports Washington and streaming in the Dayton area. Anyone know of any sports bars or restaurants that will have the game on TV? Satellite or whatnot? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
NBC Sports Washington is DIRECTV channel 642. I know Buffalo wild wings in Columbus has it, and I would imagine they would all subscribe to the same satellite package.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
udhoopsfan (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 11:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Larry mentioned on the CAG Show this past Monday night that there’s a Watch Party at Company 7 in Englewood. Might have to treat the missus to a barbecue dinner this Saturday night!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (01-23-2020), udhoopsfan (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 11:41 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Larry mentioned on the CAG Show this past Monday night that there’s a Watch Party at Company 7 in Englewood. Might have to treat the missus to a barbecue dinner this Saturday night!
Posted via Mobile Device
Before you go I would triple check and be prepared for the worse.

Last time I went to Company 7 for a game watch they advertised, they could not get ESPN 3. Of course by the time they discovered this most of the first half was over and the owner turned into a smartass and said "honey its just a game" when I told her to cancel my food order I am outta here and I am not missing anymore of my game that your advertising on your billboard as being on. I never went back, despite fact I could stumble home if needed.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Clear Prop (01-23-2020), IAFlyer (01-22-2020), MikeFlyer (01-22-2020), rollo (01-22-2020), udhoopsfan (01-22-2020)
Old 01-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Before you go I would triple check and be prepared for the worse.

Last time I went to Company 7 for a game watch they advertised, they could not get ESPN 3. Of course by the time they discovered this most of the first half was over and the owner turned into a smartass and said "honey its just a game" when I told her to cancel my food order I am outta here and I am not missing anymore of my game that your advertising on your billboard as being on. I never went back, despite fact I could stumble home if needed.
here’s the deal. Unless they plan on using a smart TV to stream the game, or they have DIRECTV channel 642, they don’t have the game. Period! ESPN3 works the same way ESPN plus does. So my guess is, again, unless they are using a smart TV or a Roku or AppleTV or whatever, they ain’t got it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-22-2020, 03:27 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device

I heard that and I was surprised that Larry mentioned another restaurant when he was broadcasting the AG Show from Frickers.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:49 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udhoopsfan View Post
The Richmond game will be shown in the DC area on Sports Washington and streaming in the Dayton area. Anyone know of any sports bars or restaurants that will have the game on TV? Satellite or whatnot? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

BUMP!

Since the Mrs. says we will be on a day long spending spree all over Dayton on Saturday, I need to know what bar might have the game in the Beavercreek to Centerville area. Or are we worrying too much and all of them will?
Old 01-23-2020, 09:52 AM
General of the Air Force

cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I would start at Elsa's near 675 and Wilmington Pike.

Elsa's® Corner Cantina

6204 A Wilmington Pike
Dayton OH 45459
937-310-1373
Open Daily at 11am
craig@elsas.net

If you are closer to Centerville then Chappy's (used to be Champps) would be a good bet.

7880 Washington Village Drive
Washington Township, OH 45459
Phone: (937)-439-9200

If you are by the Fairfield Mall then BW's.

Last edited by cj; 01-23-2020 at 09:56 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (01-23-2020), Clear Prop (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 10:02 AM
Colonel

When calling establishments, I would just give the television channel number 642. Afterwords if they tell you it’s NBC Sports Washington, then you are golden. when I asked my local place if they get the channel name, they said no. I told them what channel it was, and, Eurica! Again, I would check with places like Buffalo wild wings, maybe even roosters. I’m sure it’s some special sports package you need to subscribe to in order to get that channel and even some of your Midtier bars may not subscribe to that channel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2020, 10:14 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I would start at Elsa's near 675 and Wilmington Pike.

Elsa's® Corner Cantina

6204 A Wilmington Pike
Dayton OH 45459
937-310-1373
Open Daily at 11am
craig@elsas.net

If you are closer to Centerville then Chappy's (used to be Champps) would be a good bet.

7880 Washington Village Drive
Washington Township, OH 45459
Phone: (937)-439-9200

If you are by the Fairfield Mall then BW's.
Just be careful how many Bad Juan's you have if you go to Elsa's....
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud2 (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 10:17 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
If the Mrs. buys everything she says we are going shopping for before the game, I will need a several........although I may only be able to afford water
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (01-23-2020), CT Flyer (01-23-2020), Figgie123 (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 12:17 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
If the Mrs. buys everything she says we are going shopping for before the game, I will need a several........although I may only be able to afford water
"But honey, I saved you 325 dollars!"
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 12:48 PM
Major

flyers/avs has a spectacular aura aboutflyers/avs has a spectacular aura about
Submarine House in Centerville will have the game on multiple TVs.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyers/avs For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigred (01-23-2020), cj (01-23-2020), ClaytonFlyerFan (01-23-2020), Clear Prop (01-23-2020), Radar (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 01:02 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Yes, be careful, those things will definitely creep up on you and put you over the edge without you even knowing it. You can't taste all the alcohol.
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 01:15 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
TBone--I live in Clayton, not far from Company 7. I plan to go on Saturday, but as of now, not sure if my sisters and their husbands will also be there to sit with me. So if I go by myself, I hope other Flyer fans will not mind taking me in, so to speak.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:58 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
Milano's will be showing the games
Old 01-23-2020, 06:21 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
66flyer, I live in Shiloh, so if I can talk the wife into going, you can sit with us. Look for a fat-ish guy, about 6’ tall, with a light blue newsboy hat. Can’t miss the hat. It’s one of a kind.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-23-2020, 06:31 PM

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly any place that serves beer, wings, or tacos and has a bunch of TVs hanging on the walls to entice you to spend an afternoon buying food and spirits while watching sports and doesnt have Smart TVs with streaming ESPN+ etc accounts on them is just masquerading as a "sports tavern" or whatever.

First rule of opening a "sports bar": make sure you can get practically any game from any source. And know how to access that game from that source quickly and efficiently. If you cant do this, imagine where else you've cut corners --- like....your food. Not a good look.

"We can't get that game" is not a valid excuse unless the game is physically blacked out or the game is physically not being broadcasted. Aside from those two reasons, there pretty much are no reasons you can give a customer that will be sufficient. If you need ESPN+, AppleTV, Roku, Hulu, Fubu, HD rabbit ears, a 6ft dish on your roof, every sports package from Spectrum, Dish, DirectTV, or whatever to get all the games, thats what you have to do.

Nobody said running a sports bar was easy or cheap.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (01-24-2020), flyerfanatic86 (01-24-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 07:12 PM
Major

bigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud ofbigred has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flyers/avs View Post
Submarine House in Centerville will have the game on multiple TVs.
Posted via Mobile Device
A great place to watch UD games! Fills up quickly before games so get there early.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:42 PM
Captain

LI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to all
I am assuming there is no way this game gets “promoted “ to another ESPN channel?
Old 01-24-2020, 09:09 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Exactly!

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Honestly any place that serves beer, wings, or tacos and has a bunch of TVs hanging on the walls to entice you to spend an afternoon buying food and spirits while watching sports and doesnt have Smart TVs with streaming ESPN+ etc accounts on them is just masquerading as a "sports tavern" or whatever.

First rule of opening a "sports bar": make sure you can get practically any game from any source. And know how to access that game from that source quickly and efficiently. If you cant do this, imagine where else you've cut corners --- like....your food. Not a good look.

"We can't get that game" is not a valid excuse unless the game is physically blacked out or the game is physically not being broadcasted. Aside from those two reasons, there pretty much are no reasons you can give a customer that will be sufficient. If you need ESPN+, AppleTV, Roku, Hulu, Fubu, HD rabbit ears, a 6ft dish on your roof, every sports package from Spectrum, Dish, DirectTV, or whatever to get all the games, thats what you have to do.

Nobody said running a sports bar was easy or cheap.
Exactly!!!

The only thing I would dispute, and per the essence of your own description, even though its not cheap per se, it is "Easy" in the general professional sense. In other words, its not that hard; and yet, so many make it hard. At-least you are in an area where competition exist, and is not necessarily "few and far between". You have not fully enjoyed the wrath of this stuff until have lived on an island, in the middle of lake. Thank Almighty God for satellite TV.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Colonel

Remember too the goal for games like this is to get people to subscribe to ESPN plus. making the game easily available on another network defeats that purpose. when giving the DIRECTV number, I*assume*the game won’t be blacked out unless you are in the Washington Baltimore metro area. again, I know Buffalo wild wings Grandview Heights has the channel. I would assume then all Buffalo wild wings have the channel.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Captain

Thanks all, for the spirited replies! To clarify, this Richmond game is being broadcast in the DC market by Sports Washington, DirecTV channel 642. It is not, to the best of my knowledge, steaming on any ESPN platform.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 09:02 AM
Just off the Jet

Stewart Street Frogger will become famous soon enough
You had me worried, but it shows up on the schedule for me streaming on ESPN+.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:57 PM
General of the Air Force

At Company 7 now. Will keep you posted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 06:01 PM
Captain

Thanks all, for the spirited replies! To clarify, this Richmond game is being broadcast in the DC market by Sports Washington, DirecTV channel 642. It is not, to the best of my knowledge, steaming on any ESPN platform.
Posted via Mobile Device
Correction: it’s streaming. 642 is not available in the Dayton market.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 06:04 PM
Captain

Correction: it’s streaming. 642 is not available in the Dayton market.
Posted via Mobile Device
Streaming on ESPN+
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 06:05 PM
General of the Air Force

At Company 7 now. Will keep you posted.
Posted via Mobile Device
It’s on!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 06:11 PM
General of the Air Force

It’s on!
Posted via Mobile Device
Aaaaand it’s off. Lost the signal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 07:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Aaaaand it’s off. Lost the signal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Got it back at around the 1st media timeout. Been on ever since.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 09:27 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
TBone, I was sitting with my sister and her husband at Company 7. They are friends with Mary and Bill Grilliot (He and my brother were fraternity brothers at UD), the owners and Mary was sitting with us. When the feed went off at the end, I said to Mary, "I was just thinking how great it was that the feed hadn't gone out." She said, kiddingly, "See? You shouldn't have even thought that." Glad it came on for the last few seconds. There was a full house there and it was fun! I saw a bunch of other people I know.
I hate that I couldn't record it and re-watch.
That T on that flop was total BS. The flop was worse than most of XU's flops. The refs did their best to give the game away, but the Flyers prevailed anyway. But now I'm already worried about Wednesday, lol.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:00 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
TBone, I was sitting with my sister and her husband at Company 7. They are friends with Mary and Bill Grilli ot (He and my brother were fraternity brothers at UD), the owners and Mary was sitting with us. When the feed went off at the end, I said to Mary, "I was just thinking how great it was that the feed hadn't gone out." She said, kiddingly, "See? You shouldn't have even thought that." Glad it came on for the last few seconds. There was a full house there and it was fun! I saw a bunch of other people I know.
I hate that I couldn't record it and re-watch.
That T on that flop was total BS. The flop was worse than most of XU's flops. The refs did their best to give the game away, but the Flyers prevailed anyway. But now I'm already worried about Wednesday, lol.
66, my wife and I were sitting with our best friends from the Class of ‘84, at a table at the opposite end of the restaurant from the bar and the party room. Bill Grilliot was a year ahead of two of my cousins at Chaminade, and his son Will was a few years ahead of my daughter at CJ. Good people.

We had a good dinner, some fine malted beverages, and got to see an exciting Flyer win. All in all, a great evening.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-25-2020, 10:07 PM
General of the Air Force

Friend called Milanos in Springboro because roosters didn’t carry the game. Milanos has a 2.5 hour wait. My house was an outstanding place to relax and watch our Flyers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2020, 12:21 AM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Worst half time interview I have ever seen. Wow the announcers and the whole production - were to TV broadcast - what Rose Hill is to Basketball Arenas.

That said - Very glad ESPN+ carried it - it just was so hard to listen to.

But one interesting nugget - Obi scored 24 Points in each game vs Virginia schools. 24 vs V-Tech, 24 vs VCU and now 24 vs Richmond.

Virginia is for Obi
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (01-26-2020), Flyer Al (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 12:45 AM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by podcast411 View Post
. . . But one interesting nugget - Obi scored 24 Points in each game vs Virginia schools. 24 vs V-Tech, 24 vs VCU and now 24 vs Richmond.

Virginia is for Obi

Three down, one to go.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:23 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
At least is was a true broadcast rather than one of those ESPN+ feeds where you can tell that the guys calling the game are sitting in a studio in Connecticut watching it on a monitor and giving their play by play.