UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
If anyone listened to Grant's comments when he was hired, he revealed some interesting perspective. He said his time at OKC in the NBA helped him adjust his philosophies and coaching. It shows a coach who was willing to adapt and learn.

The game of basketball is fluid and always changing.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-11-2019), Flyer 86 (12-13-2019), Runnin' Rebel (12-11-2019), SLUFLYER (12-11-2019), superfan99 (12-12-2019), The Fly (12-11-2019), TX Flyer (12-11-2019)
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2019, 03:24 PM

Thanked 2,428 Times in 829 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
If anyone listened to Grant's comments when he was hired, he revealed some interesting perspective. He said his time at OKC in the NBA helped him adjust his philosophies and coaching. It shows a coach who was willing to adapt and learn.

The game of basketball is fluid and always changing.
Agree with this. ALL good coaches make adjustments — philosophical and otherwise — over time. But it’s not like you flip a switch from one season to the next and suddenly you’re a different person. I’d venture to say AG is better this season over last not because he had a coaching epiphany, but because he has depth and a more talented roster. A roster, by the way, that HE put together.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
If it is Mea Culpa time, I'm the first to admit that I was wrong about the impact Trey Landers would have on this team. I should have learned because I discounted his impact to the team before his Sophomore year as well after not getting off the bench as a Freshman.

Trey is playing very, very well and is providing great leadership.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (12-19-2019), Flyer 86 (12-13-2019), pmcmullen (12-11-2019), Runnin' Rebel (12-11-2019), superfan99 (12-12-2019), TommyGola (12-11-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
Go check out kenpom.com, there has been almost a 180 degree flip in his offensive and defensive numbers at UD vs. Alabama...I do admit that I did not at all see that coming, so yes, I got that completely wrong...had he stuck with the approach he used at Alabama, I do not think we would be in the position we are in now...myself and others noted the change in his numbers in his first year, so I should have shown more patience to see if the new approach would work. Based upon first hand observation and his track record at Alabama, I absolutely hated this hire, so I was not willing to concede the possibility that he would make the major changes he needed to make in order to be successful.

If you do not believe me, then that is your right. However, I would like for you to explain to me then though why his numbers have undergone such a radical shift at UD vs. Alabama. At Alabama, he was a defensive coach, at UD he has become an offensive coach. Why didn't he stick with the approach he used at Alabama? He is very clearly using a completely different approach at UD.

So, yes, I give AG much credit for being willing to be flexible and open-minded and completely change his approach here at UD. Many coaches are stubborn and simply refuse to make major adjustments.

113 Alabama 6 year average adjusted offensive efficiency rating
40 Alabama 6 year average adjusted defensive efficiency rating

52 Dayton 3 year average adjusted offensive efficiency rating
137 Dayton 3 year average adjusted defensive efficiency rating
I’d be curious how this compares to other coaches or programs over an extended period.

For example, what does Travis Ford’s tenure(s) and comparables look like from EKU to UMass to OKSt to SLU? Were there drastic differences at a tenure at a school or between schools?

Or perhaps other well traveled coaches like Crean, BG, Matta, Buzz Williams, etc.

What does Duke/Coach K look like over 35 years?

And are you suggesting that defensive minded philosophy can’t/won’t win? Or sustain winning consistently?
Old 12-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
If it is Mea Culpa time, I'm the first to admit that I was wrong about the impact Trey Landers would have on this team. I should have learned because I discounted his impact to the team before his Sophomore year as well after not getting off the bench as a Freshman.

Trey is playing very, very well and is providing great leadership.
I stood by him from the start, but that's not to pat my own back like I have all the answers on young talent. I also thought John Crosby would become our primary PG...
Old 12-11-2019, 06:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Since not much to choose from as far as basketball to watch, I just discovered the President Cup is live on the Golf Channel the next couple evenings.

USA! USA! USA!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (12-12-2019)
Old 12-11-2019, 11:13 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
No. 5 Michigan upended by the Illini 62-71.
3 upsets in the top 10 already, and it’s only Wednesday.
We could be top 10 come Monday!
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-11-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 12:44 AM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Scores for Wednesday, December 11

A-10 scores:
Yale (9-3) 83 @ UMass (5-6) 80 (OT)

Flyer OOC opponents:
Chattanooga (6-5) 58 @ Virginia Tech (7-3) 63
Omaha (5-7) 49 @ #15 Arizona (10-1) 99

Old 12-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
UMass loses their sixth straight game after starting 5-0. Not sure if McCall will still be there after this year.

Last night to end the game in OT UMass hit a 3 to cut the lead to 83-80 with 1.2 seconds left. They had one TO remaining and didn't use it, instead letting Yale simply inbound the ball and letting the clock run out. Is it just me or is that poor coaching?
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-12-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 10:36 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Sooo..... its a slow night of college hoops. How slow you ask? Southern @ Wright State is probably the 3rd most intriguing game of the evening.

Iowa @ Iowa St
Northern Iowa @ Grand Canyon
Southern @ WSU
Austin Peay @ West Virginia
HOWPN (?) @ Albeline Christian.
Portland Bible @ Portland St

There's your thursday night action. Good night to address some Christmas Cards
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-12-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Sooo..... its a slow night of college hoops. How slow you ask? Southern @ Wright State is probably the 3rd most intriguing game of the evening.

Iowa @ Iowa St
Northern Iowa @ Grand Canyon
Southern @ WSU
Austin Peay @ West Virginia
HOWPN (?) @ Albeline Christian.
Portland Bible @ Portland St

There's your thursday night action. Good night to address some Christmas Cards
I'm assuming the City of Roses Jam in Portland is the most intriguing???
Old 12-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
UMass loses their sixth straight game after starting 5-0. Not sure if McCall will still be there after this year.

Last night to end the game in OT UMass hit a 3 to cut the lead to 83-80 with 1.2 seconds left. They had one TO remaining and didn't use it, instead letting Yale simply inbound the ball and letting the clock run out. Is it just me or is that poor coaching?
Not you......
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-12-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 07:40 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Agree with this. ALL good coaches make adjustments — philosophical and otherwise — over time. But it’s not like you flip a switch from one season to the next and suddenly you’re a different person. I’d venture to say AG is better this season over last not because he had a coaching epiphany, but because he has depth and a more talented roster. A roster, by the way, that HE put together.
I agree that it wasn’t as sudden as the flip of a switch. But I do believe that time and experience add to one’s perspective, so that we’re not entirely the same person now that we were 10 years ago.

When AG was hired to coach Alabama 10 years ago, he was coming off the high of building VCU into a non-P5 power, with the hope of improving results on the court at Tuscaloosa. After 6 years, the powers that be at Bama decided to try something else, and AG was forced to confront his own record. The knucklehead will blame others for his/her failures. The martyr will believe that the failure was entirely his/her own fault. But the wise person will self-evaluate, determine what he/she could have done differently, and make positive changes in the future. I believe CAG to be in that last group, and we are now reaping the benefits of his self-evaluation.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (12-13-2019), springborofan (12-13-2019), The Fly (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Brigadier General

SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want to jump too far ahead, all the while getting back on the actual topic of the thread (no disrespect to the comments above re: CAG, cuz I do find them interesting), but circle 12/21 as a big opportunity day for the A10, particularly as non-con schedules start to fade and the conference settles into it's place in the heirarchy that will have little movement come January 1st.

Dayton has a neutral with Colorado (43)
SLU has a neutral with KState (78)
VCU has a true roadie with Wichita St. (36)
GW has a home game with Harvard (91)
Rhody with a home game vs Western Kentucky (88)

Those are 5 current KenPom Top 100 scalps sitting out there. It's unclear if Harvard and/or WKU could stay top 100 by March (I think WKU lost their top player for the year), but still legit opportunities. And Davidson has Loyola Chi (108) the next day.

I say we SWEEP 12/21 as conference!!!
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
CoffeeCan (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:36 PM

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
In my defense, at least I have owned that I was wrong about Grant. There have been many posters on here that were very wrong about BG or Archie or both that never owned that they were wrong. IMO, I was right about BG and Archie, so I am batting .667 since I got 2 out of the last 3 correct.

BG may turn out ok, as Grant has proven, things can change, so you never know what can happen. But, IMO, I think BG and UD both needed a fresh start at that point in time.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:44 PM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Another light night as finals week wraps up (though perhaps some colleges still have finals next week)

#24 Colorado @ Colorado St (+6)

Saturday:
#16 Mich St @ Oakland (Oakland is usually decent)
#10 Oregon @ #5 Michigan
Duquesne @ Radford
Morgan St @ LaSalle
#13 Memphis @ #19 Tennessee
North Florida @ Southern Miss
Gannon @ Bona
#22 Seton Hall @ Rutgers
St Louis @ #22 Auburn
Miss-KC @ #2 Kansas
GTech @ #8 Kentucky
Charleston @ Richmond
Georgia @ Arizona St
#6 Gonzaga @ #15 Arizona
St Mary's @ Cal

Sunday:

Texas-Rio Grande Valley @ Omaha
Gardner Webb @ VTech
Tenn St @ Fordham
#3 Ohio St @ Minnesota
Miss St @ VCU

Take care of business vs Drake and maybe move up a spot or 2 in the polls.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Another light night as finals week wraps up (though perhaps some colleges still have finals next week)

#24 Colorado @ Colorado St (+6)

Saturday:
#16 Mich St @ Oakland (Oakland is usually decent)
#10 Oregon @ #5 Michigan
Duquesne @ Radford
Morgan St @ LaSalle
#13 Memphis @ #19 Tennessee
North Florida @ Southern Miss
Gannon @ Bona
#22 Seton Hall @ Rutgers
St Louis @ #22 Auburn
Miss-KC @ #2 Kansas
GTech @ #8 Kentucky
Charleston @ Richmond
Georgia @ Arizona St
#6 Gonzaga @ #15 Arizona
St Mary's @ Cal

Sunday:

Texas-Rio Grande Valley @ Omaha
Gardner Webb @ VTech
Tenn St @ Fordham
#3 Ohio St @ Minnesota
Miss St @ VCU

Take care of business vs Drake and maybe move up a spot or 2 in the polls.
Just so people do not get confused, it is Missouri State at VCU, not Mississippi State.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:11 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
In my defense, at least I have owned that I was wrong about Grant.

Huh??? You said the only reason AG is succeeding is because he has entirely changed his philosophy and approach. That doesn't sound like "I was wrong."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (12-13-2019), The Fly (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 01:20 PM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
He had a top 10 defense at Alabama twice, he has never been better than #71 in defense while at UD. Even by his 2nd year at Alabama, he already had a top 10 defense. He had another top 10 defense in year 3 at Alabama.

On average, his Alabama defenses were much better than any of his UD defenses, except for this year at UD, #84 the worst of his defenses at Alabama vs. #71 at UD.

His offense at Alabama was never better than #53, which was his last year at Alabama, we are #3 right now, we were #43 last year, so even in his 2nd year at UD, he already had a better offense than he ever had at Alabama. His 2nd best offense at Alabama was #88 more than twice as bad as at UD last year, every other one of his Alabama offenses was #115 or worse.

IMO, those sort of big statistical swings do not happen by accident/chance, there has been a very deliberate change of philosophy IMO. I am not seeing any other explanation.

Gottfried was an offensive coach at Alabama, but as soon as Grant took over, the Alabama defense made a 40 point improvement. By year 2, the Grant Alabama offense was worse than any of the Gottfried Alabama offenses, and the Grant Alabama defense was better than any of the Gottfried Alabama defenses.

In Grant's final 2 years at Alabama though, I see a shift where the offense improved significantly and the defense significantly declined, the first time that had happened at Alabama during Grant's tenure, so maybe he was trying to make some overall changes and just ran out of time.
All of that is just more of the same. Some analysis you've got there.

Why did the astronauts die?
ud2: Because the rocket exploded.
OK, let's close the books on this one boys, we've got our answers.

In my defense, at least I have owned that I was wrong about Grant. There have been many posters on here that were very wrong about BG or Archie or both that never owned that they were wrong.
And sometime when the subject is about them, we can have that conversation. But for now you're looking for shiny objects to distract people with.

I wonder if MAYBE our results this year and last year might have something to do with having a lottery pick wearing Dayton on the front of his jersey?

Any takers on that one? And that it has relatively little to do with a major coaching philosophy change?
Old 12-13-2019, 01:59 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
All of that is just more of the same. Some analysis you've got there.

Why did the astronauts die?
ud2: Because the rocket exploded.
OK, let's close the books on this one boys, we've got our answers.

And sometime when the subject is about them, we can have that conversation. But for now you're looking for shiny objects to distract people with.

I wonder if MAYBE our results this year and last year might have something to do with having a lottery pick wearing Dayton on the front of his jersey?

Any takers on that one? And that it has relatively little to do with a major coaching philosophy change?
You’re saying AG will be a .500 coach again like the first season when Obi leaves?
Mad Props to TX Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-15-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 03:39 PM

The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
You’re saying AG will be a .500 coach again like the first season when Obi leaves?
Way to misinterpret what he said. He’s saying if you have the horses, you can win the race. AG recruited Obi and has helped him develop. Isn’t that part of coaching? And look at the year one roster v. year three. There’s a world of difference there. He was entitled to a year or two to get his players into the system and change the culture.

I don’t think anyone’s disputing some coaching adjustments on AG’s part. Pretty rare is the guy who stays static. But to act like AG had a complete personality/philosophical/Xs and Os makeover in year three is absurd and tries to mitigate his recruiting and cultural successes. He was building toward this season, pure and simple.

I don’t know and neither does anyone else what will happen post-Obi. All I know is we’re on an upward trajectory with AG ... and I’m hoping that bodes well for the future of the program.

Last edited by The Fly; 12-13-2019 at 03:41 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (12-14-2019), podcast411 (12-13-2019), tirebiter (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 04:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
I have said this to some of my coaching buddies, and they generally agree-being successful is 85% recruiting and 15% X’s and O’s. People don’t become coaching geniuses overnight, nor do they become coaching idiots. The difference is generally the talent they have at their disposal. I said prior to the first game that we have assembled the most talent on a Flyers team in my 40+ years of following them. IMO, this coaching staff will continue to be successful due to their ability to recruit on a high level.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (12-14-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 09:07 PM
General

frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Watching the Colorado Colorado St. game....

Colorado leading 27-12 at the half!

Jon Rothstein in discussing parity in college basketball this season said that ‘this is the kind of Season where we could have Duke, Gonzaga, San Diego State and Dayton in the Final Four’...I agree
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-15-2019), fuz_forward (12-16-2019), Gazoo (12-14-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 09:34 PM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Did not see the first half of the Colorado game, but based on the 12 minutes of the second half I have seen, plus looking at the box score from first half, my early prediction will be Flyers by 20. Sloppy, little offensive movement away from the ball, lots of turnovers, etc......Nothing at all impresses me with the Buffaloes. 2 point game with 8 to go

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 12-13-2019 at 09:38 PM..
Old 12-13-2019, 09:36 PM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, If we play an average game we win by double digits against Colorado. Not a very impressive team.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-15-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 09:41 PM
General of the Air Force

I’ve seen Wright play a couple of times this year and I’ll say we got the better deal with Crutcher.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
46 Chambers Alumni (12-15-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-13-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 09:50 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,629 Times in 765 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Wright is 1-11 from the field, 2 pts. One minute to go.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:02 PM
General

Wright is having an off night but regardless, Tyler Bey is the best player on this Colorado team.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:07 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Wright is having an off night but regardless, Tyler Bey is the best player on this Colorado team.
Agreed that Bey seems to be the best player they have, but boy they are offensively challenged.
Old 12-13-2019, 10:39 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
...I think BG and UD both needed a fresh start at that point in time.
No disagreement here. I loved BG’s dedication to the University, his honesty, his character, and his integrity. Conversely, his rigid adherence to his approach to the game frustrated me to no end. I truly hope he succeeds in life, and in his career. But it was obvious by the end of Year 8 that something had to change.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-14-2019, 07:48 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TX Flyer View Post
As The Fly said, not at all what I'm saying. I'm saying it's extremely difficult to distinguish the coaching from the horses, so if someone is going to say AG is suddenly a totally different coach than he used to be, they're going to have to explain EXACTLY how he's different, not just point to offensive and defensive stats which include a different schedule, different players, a team leader who is mentally stable vs. one who just broke up with his pregnant girlfriend, etc.

It's impossible to know if Jim O'Brien would have taken the depleted 6-man UD team to the sweet 16 because we'll just never know. (Yeah, I know. We know.) And we'll never know if Archie would have pi$$ed away all the talent on this current team.

What I know is, AG seems to be doing an OK job of coaching. He's doing a GREAT job of recruiting.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
superfan99 (12-15-2019), The Fly (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 09:26 AM
General

Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Scores for Friday, December 13

A-10 scores:
No Games Scheduled

Flyer OOC opponents:
#24 Colorado (8-2) 56 @ Colorado State (7-6) 48

Old 12-14-2019, 02:01 PM
General

Michigan-Oregon going to OT.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
St. Louis is playing Auburn today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-14-2019, 05:33 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Would love to see SLU knock off no. 12 Auburn but, man, is SLU bad at FTs.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:43 PM
General

SLU is keeping it interesting. Trailing by 3 with 8:40 to go
Old 12-14-2019, 05:54 PM
General

SLU is keeping it interesting. Trailing by 3 with 8:40 to go
Shoulda kept my mouth shut...down 14 with 4:37 to go
Old 12-14-2019, 05:57 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udx2 View Post
Would love to see SLU knock off no. 12 Auburn but, man, is SLU bad at FTs.
Beyond brutal
Old 12-14-2019, 06:50 PM
General

Xavier goes down to Wake in the Skip Prosser Classic 80-78
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (12-16-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 06:55 PM
Brigadier General

Xavier goes down to Wake in the Skip Prosser Classic 80-78
That’s a shame
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (12-16-2019), Fudd (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 11:43 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
St Marys doing at Cal what we did to St Marys - 45-29 at the half. Gaels lighting it up from 3.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:43 AM
General

Scores for Saturday, December 14

A-10 scores:
Drake (8-3) 47 @ #14 Dayton (8-1) 78
Charleston (5-5) 71 @ Richmond (9-1) 78
Duquesne (9-0) 71 @ Radford (3-6) 49
➔ Firestone HS, Akron, OH
Saint Louis (8-2) 61 @ #12 Auburn (9-0) 67
➔ Mike Slive Invitational, Birmingham, AL
Morgan State (4-8) 68 @ La Salle (6-3) 85
Gannon 50 @ St Bonaventure (5-4) 75

Flyer OOC opponents:
Missouri Kansas City (5-7) 57 @ #2 Kansas (9-1) 98
Georgia (6-3) 59 @ Arizona State (8-2) 79
Saint Mary's (10-2) 89 @ California (6-5) 77
North Florida (7-5) 72 @ Southern Mississippi (3-8) 69
Houston Baptist (0-8) 84 @ Rice (7-4) 96
Rust 54 @ Grambling (5-5) 82

Old 12-15-2019, 08:57 AM

Thanked 10,173 Times in 5,901 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
For those like me wondering, Rust is an all black college of 700 in MIssissippi
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
46 Chambers Alumni (12-15-2019), CT Flyer (12-16-2019), SLUFLYER (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 09:02 AM
1st Lieutenant

foolishpride is a jewel in the roughfoolishpride is a jewel in the roughfoolishpride is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
For those like me wondering, Rust is an all black college of 700 in MIssissippi
Posted via Mobile Device
"Rust Never Sleeps". Maybe that's why they lost!
Old 12-15-2019, 09:32 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by foolishpride View Post
"Rust Never Sleeps". Maybe that's why they lost!
I think there is more to the picture than meets the eye.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:06 PM
General

???

What about the Radford-Duquesne game at a high school in Akron?
Dambrot connection?
Listed attendance: 812.

Old 12-15-2019, 02:36 PM
General

Thanked 3,923 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
St. Louis with a good showing, they might be a factor in the top 4 of the A10
Old 12-15-2019, 03:03 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
St. Louis with a good showing, they might be a factor in the top 4 of the A10
SLU will absolutely be a factor in the Top 4. They should finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:51 PM
General of the Air Force

The Ohio State down by 16 points with 13 minutes to go in the game at Minnesota.

Interesting statistic. So far this year in the Big 10 the home team is 12-0. Two victories so far for conference opponents over top 5 teams, and looks like this could be #3. Life in conference play on the road is rough.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:53 PM

Thanked 10,173 Times in 5,901 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Another undefeated being threatened. MN beating OSU by 16 with 13 to go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2019, 08:38 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
OSU loses to Minnesota - and North Carolina loses to Wofford.

What a season so far!
Old 12-15-2019, 09:26 PM
General

Scores for Sunday, December 15

A-10 scores:
Missouri State (6-6) 51 @ VCU (8-2) 61
Tennessee State (7-4) 66 @ Fordham (5-5) 61

Flyer OOC opponents:
Garner-Webb (3-8) 46 @ Virginia Tech (8-3) 73
Texas Rio Grande (4-7) 82 @ Omaha (6-7) 92

Old 12-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Hard to believe the number of ranked teams that have lost this week.
Interesting to see where UD will be next.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:00 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Fordham losing a buy game at home. The lone constant of the A10 in the 21st century
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (12-16-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
Fordham losing a buy game at home. The lone constant of the A10 in the 21st century
Posted via Mobile Device
I've been reading their board: Fordham. It is very sad and dejected place. They shut down their old board because of ill will between posters. Pity stays my hand from the usual kick them out of the A10 Talk. They need our prayers.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Go-UD-Go View Post
I've been reading their board: Fordham. It is very sad and dejected place. They shut down their old board because of ill will between posters. Pity stays my hand from the usual kick them out of the A10 Talk. They need our prayers.
You’re a good man, Go-UD-Go.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-15-2019, 10:30 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Ok - I pray they find a new home outside of the A-10 - does that count for a prayer?
Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-16-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 10:57 PM
General

They have a board? That’s most surprising thing I’ve heard in a while
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (12-16-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-15-2019), SLUFLYER (12-16-2019), TX Flyer (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 11:35 PM
General of the Air Force

They have a board? That’s most surprising thing I’ve heard in a while
Posted via Mobile Device
Agree. I assumed both fans who attend games could just text back and forth.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (12-16-2019), CT Flyer (12-16-2019), flyerfanatic86 (12-16-2019), John C. (12-16-2019), Lowd&ProUD (12-16-2019), Shawnee2 (12-16-2019), SLUFLYER (12-16-2019), springborofan (12-16-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 10:03 PM
General

Scores for Monday, December 16

A-10 scores:
No Games Scheduled

Flyer OOC opponents:
Charleston Southern (4-6) 60 @ James Madison (6-4) 81

Old 12-18-2019, 01:10 AM
General

Scores for Tuesday, December 17

A-10 scores:
North Texas (4-7) 58 @ #13 Dayton (9-1) 71
Maryville 69 @ Saint Louis (9-2) 82

Flyer OOC opponents:
North Florida (7-6) 81 @ #19 Florida State (9-2) 98
Grambling (6-6) 72 @ Marquette (8-2) 93
Omaha (6-8) 56 @ Eastern Washington (7-3) 97
Mount Marty 74 @ Drake (9-3) 92

JimBo (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Wednesday Night at 11:00 PM

6 Kentucky vs. Utah in Las Vegas - Utah ranked 54th in NET, Kentucky ranked 66th in NET Big game for both of these teams. Kentucky plays Ohio State less than 3 days after this. Any chance they get caught looking ahead?
Old 12-18-2019, 01:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by udisit19 View Post
Wednesday Night at 11:00 PM

6 Kentucky vs. Utah in Las Vegas - Utah ranked 54th in NET, Kentucky ranked 66th in NET Big game for both of these teams. Kentucky plays Ohio State less than 3 days after this. Any chance they get caught looking ahead?
Or any chance that Utah is actually better than Kentucky?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (12-18-2019), CE80 (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 03:32 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
It will be interesting. UK 11 pt favorite.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:09 PM
Brigadier General

Great night in the A10!! 4-0

Conversely, rough start tonight in the SEC - 0-3 so far with losses to UC, ETSU and Loyola-CHI with Miss St currently losing in 2nd half to Radford. A Utah upset of Kentucky would be a salty dagger.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:35 PM
Brigadier General

St. Mary’s is absolutely TORCHING Arizona State in the first half
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
312to937 (12-18-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-18-2019), ud69 (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 09:49 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Jeff Goodman
‏@GoodmanHoops

Saint Mary’s star guard Jordan Ford has 19 points with 11 minutes left in the first half.

Jordan Ford: 19
Arizona State: 7
Old 12-18-2019, 09:58 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
51-19 St Marys over ASU at the half. Our win over the Gaels will keep on giving all year long.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-19-2019), Flyer Al (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 10:08 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Great night in the A10!! 4-0

Conversely, rough start tonight in the SEC - 0-3 so far with losses to UC, ETSU and Loyola-CHI with Miss St currently losing in 2nd half to Radford. A Utah upset of Kentucky would be a salty dagger.
"Great night in A10!!" might be a little exaggerated. The four wins were against:

2-7 Wagner (LaSalle)
3-9 Old Dominion (Richmond)
2-7 Niagara (Bonnies)
5-6 Charleston (VCU)

Now, your post about St Mary's pummeling ASU is good news for the Flyers. Would be nice to see St Mary's get back in top 25 and move up in the NET.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:17 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 312to937 View Post
"Great night in A10!!" might be a little exaggerated. The four wins were against:

2-7 Wagner (LaSalle)
2-7 Niagara (Bonnies)
5-6 Charleston (VCU)

Now, your post about St Mary's pummeling ASU is good news for the Flyers. Would be nice to see St Mary's get back in top 25 and move up in the NET.
Last year the A10 would have split those four games...
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (12-18-2019), m21eagle45 (12-19-2019), Marysville Flyer (12-19-2019), redbengal (12-19-2019), SLUFLYER (12-18-2019), superfan99 (12-19-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 10:25 PM
Brigadier General

2-7 Wagner (LaSalle)
2-7 Niagara (Bonnies)
5-6 Charleston (VCU)

Counter points to add some perspective:

1. Any night where both LaSalle and St. Bonny both win is strong
2. ODU has played a tough/decent a schedule and should be relevant (above.500) in C-USA
3. Richmond’s win is a true Road win in a rivalry game
4. Charleston has also played a tough/decent schedule and is a legit contender to win the Colonial
5. VCU’s win is also a true road win
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 10:44 PM
General of the Air Force

As Gonzage clobbering NC by 21, Jay Bilas loving on Dayton again and talking about Obi and our two glue guys Landers and Mikesell. Says we could be the Butler of 2010. Love the way Bilas loves our Flyers
11 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (12-18-2019), CT Flyer (12-19-2019), CvilleFlyer (12-19-2019), Flyer 86 (12-19-2019), flyerfanatic86 (12-19-2019), fuz_forward (12-19-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-18-2019), NYCFLYER (12-19-2019), rollo (12-19-2019), The Fly (12-19-2019), TommyGola (12-18-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 10:55 PM

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
SMC big over ASU. Not often a guy scores 43pts in a 40pt loss. Or the last time a player scored 77% of his teams overall points? Perhaps hasnt happened this century?

Where's Figgie when you need him.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 12-18-2019, 11:02 PM
General

Scores for Wednesday, December 18

A-10 scores:
VCU (9-2) 76 @ Charleston (5-6) 71
Richmond (10-1) 62 @ Old Dominion (3-9) 59
Wagner (2-7) 60 @ La Salle (7-3) 74
Niagara (2-7) 70 @ St Bonaventure (7-4) 87

Flyer OOC opponents:
Saint Mary's (11-2) 96 @ Arizona state (8-3) 56
Tennessee State (7-5) 72 @ Indiana State (6-4) 78
Houston Baptist (0-9) 68 @ Stephen F Austin (9-2) 96

Old 12-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
As Gonzage clobbering NC by 21, Jay Bilas loving on Dayton again and talking about Obi and our two glue guys Landers and Mikesell. Says we could be the Butler of 2010. Love the way Bilas loves our Flyers
I love it too, but he also said 2010 was the last time North Carolina won the NIT!
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (12-19-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 11:11 PM
General

Houston Baptist loses by 28

That's only 26 more than Duke lost by.

Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
Houston Baptist (0-9) 68 @ Stephen F Austin (9-2) 96

Will the Huskies win a game this season?
Expiring minds want to know . . .

redbengal (12-19-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 11:15 PM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
UC Bearcats lost a home game by 1 a few days ago to Kenpom #133 Colgate, were a 12.5 point favorite...then they beat Kenpom #28 Tennessee tonight at home by 12
Old 12-18-2019, 11:37 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
North Carolina has zero outside shooters. We are graced with four or five who can shoot the three-ball. Frankly, NC looks like an NIT team to me.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:48 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
With Cole Anthony sidelined they're hurting.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 01:21 AM
General

The Utes take down the no. 6 Wildcats 69-66.

But man, Bill Walton is a terrible terrible announcer. He makes you wish you were deaf. I can’t understand why ESPN keeps this guy on the air.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (12-19-2019), Flyer 86 (12-19-2019), JimBo (12-19-2019), Radar (12-19-2019), SLUFLYER (12-19-2019), SoTier Flyer (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
But man, Bill Walton is a terrible terrible announcer. He makes you wish you were deaf. I can’t understand why ESPN keeps this guy on the air.
People watch/listen because they're waiting for that "FCC moment" that gets him booted off the air for good!
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Viperstick (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 06:59 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
North Carolina has zero outside shooters. We are graced with four or five who can shoot the three-ball. Frankly, NC looks like an NIT team to me.
They may finish with their first losing record in 18 years, at the rate they’re going. They haven’t finished a season below .500 since Matt Doherty was the coach in 2001-02.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Lieutenant General

Toot toot...looked like it to me.

Last edited by CT Flyer; 12-19-2019 at 09:44 AM..
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (12-19-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-19-2019), Flyer 86 (12-19-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
They may finish with their first losing record in 18 years, at the rate they’re going. They haven’t finished a season below .500 since Matt Doherty was the coach in 2001-02.
Posted via Mobile Device
Clemson might finally break their 60? year losing streak in Chapel Hill...insane losing streak
Old 12-19-2019, 09:52 AM

Check that...nope...NC still projected to beat Clemson by 10 per Kenpom on Sat Jan 11 in Chapel Hill
Old 12-19-2019, 10:44 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Now we root for Ohio State to polish off Kentucky and rapidly and unceremoniously remove them from the AP top 10.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (12-19-2019), udisit19 (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Current resume comparison:
UD - 0 Q1 wins + 1 Q1 loss , 3 Q2 wins, 3 Q3 wins, 3 Q4 wins
Best wins - Saint Marys, VA Tech, and Georgia on neutral courts

UK - 1 Q1 win, 0 Q2 wins + 1 Q2 loss, 1 Q3 win, 6 Q4 wins + 1 Q4 loss
(disclaimer Kentucky's win over Mich St. is currently the worst Q1 home win possible since Michigan St. is ranked 30th in the NET )
Best Wins - Mich St. and Georgia Tech at home

I'm hoping UK losses their next 4. vs. Ohio St., home against Louisville, home against Missouri, @ Georgia

Last edited by udisit19; 12-19-2019 at 11:08 AM..
Old 12-19-2019, 11:43 AM
Academy Doolie

SoTier Flyer will become famous soon enoughSoTier Flyer will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
I love it too, but he also said 2010 was the last time North Carolina won the NIT!
He said 2010 was the last time UNC was in the NIT (which is correct).
Old 12-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Major

Buster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud ofBuster has much to be proud of
Two days before Christmas....

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ames-left-2020
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buster For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoTier Flyer View Post
He said 2010 was the last time UNC was in the NIT (which is correct).
I replayed it a couple of times last night and it sounded like 'won" to me. (guess my hearing is as suspect as my vision.)
Old 12-19-2019, 01:49 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by udisit19 View Post
Current resume comparison:
UD - 0 Q1 wins + 1 Q1 loss , 3 Q2 wins, 3 Q3 wins, 3 Q4 wins
Best wins - Saint Marys, VA Tech, and Georgia on neutral courts

UK - 1 Q1 win, 0 Q2 wins + 1 Q2 loss, 1 Q3 win, 6 Q4 wins + 1 Q4 loss
(disclaimer Kentucky's win over Mich St. is currently the worst Q1 home win possible since Michigan St. is ranked 30th in the NET )
Best Wins - Mich St. and Georgia Tech at home

I'm hoping UK losses their next 4. vs. Ohio St., home against Louisville, home against Missouri, @ Georgia
St. Marys blow out win last night moves them to a Q1 win.

More Current resume:
UD - 1 Q1 wins + 1 Q1 loss , 2 Q2 wins, 3 Q3 wins, 3 Q4 wins
Best wins - Saint Marys and then VA Tech and Georgia on neutral courts
Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Brigadier General

As we get into conference season and Dayton’s resume starts to evolve, it may serve best as a new/separate thread, perhaps under the Bracketology thread, but to provide some historical perspective, I seem to recall teams that were fighting for #1 and #2 seeds last year having Q1 win totals around 10 or 11.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
As we get into conference season and Dayton’s resume starts to evolve, it may serve best as a new/separate thread, perhaps under the Bracketology thread, but to provide some historical perspective, I seem to recall teams that were fighting for #1 and #2 seeds last year having Q1 win totals around 10 or 11.
Only seven teams had double-digit quad one wins (10-12) last year, and all but one — Marquette — were in P5 conferences. In other words, they had the opportunity to do what most others can’t because of scheduling.
Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
If you want to scout Colorado, tonight's game vs Prairie View is on PACN at 8:30.
There is an article at buffzone .com titled, "Prairie View A&M to test CU basketball shortcomings"(mainly TOs). I don't want them to play us after losing to a team like PV.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:55 PM
General

I don't have Dayton's schedule in front of me, but based upon the recent NET rankings release has a chance at maybe 10-12 Quad 1 wins (including the A10 tournament) but that would require teams like Duquesne staying in the top 30 and St Mary's climbing into the top 50 and a lot of other A-10 teams that are in the upper 60s/low 70s staying there to remain Quad 1 road wins.

In short, if you want to dream a little dream that UD can get a 1 seed, I think its possible, but it would require UD to win all but maybe a game or 2 the rest of the way. Perhaps drop one @ VCU and 1 in the A10 tournament. Problem is, there are a number of teams off to good/great starts and life on the road is always tough. I'd expect UD (or any team) to get tripped up by a landmine or 2 along the way.

Its all fun for Fans, but for the team to really think about it, they'd need to get thru the VCU home game unscathed (save Kansas of course) then see if they can sweep thru possibly the hardest 4 game stretch of the season @ St Louis, Bona at home, @ Duquesne and @ Richmond. (who would have thought that at the start of the year). Get thru that and start talking about a 1 seed. Until then beat Colorado.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:40 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
If you want to scout Colorado, tonight's game vs Prairie View is on PACN at 8:30.
There is an article at buffzone .com titled, "Prairie View A&M to test CU basketball shortcomings"(mainly TOs). I don't want them to play us after losing to a team like PV.
I was kind of surprised to see Colorado schedule this game 2 days before a major road trip game
Old 12-19-2019, 05:46 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
I was kind of surprised to see Colorado schedule this game 2 days before a major road trip game
Probably didn't want to, but the advantage of a nationally televised game was too good to give up.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:53 PM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
How is Maryland number 7? Down 47-20 to Seton Hall with 2 to go. Shooting 25%. Very ugly game.

Last edited by John C.; 12-19-2019 at 08:57 PM..
Old 12-19-2019, 09:05 PM
Colonel

312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all312to937 is a name known to all
#4 Maryland also loses tonight. Flyers take care of business the next three games and they may get a Top Ten ranking for Christmas. Wild.
Posted via Mobile Device
. . . ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS . . .

Maryland loses for a second time and will fall out of top ten. UK lost last night and will likely drop out as well. Flyers take care of business in Chicago Saturday night and I think we have that TOP TEN ranking under the tree for Christmas (at least in Coaches poll).
Old 12-19-2019, 09:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Clemson might finally break their 60? year losing streak in Chapel Hill...insane losing streak
So, when Clemson visits The Dean Dome, do the students chant “We Like Ike!”?
Posted via Mobile Device