Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-10-2017, 02:36 PM
1st Lieutenant

88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of88flyer has much to be proud of
A-10 bids

So - that was a mess. Can't keep digging holes and hope to fight back. They did fight back, which was great, but that takes too much energy.

Now, onto my question. Assuming UD and VCU are locks (knocking on wood), what happens if Rhode Island makes a run to the finals and loses to someone not named VCU. Could the A-10 sneak 4 bids?
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
My guess is no. I think Dayton, VCU, and not Rhody get the 3 bids in such a scenario. Bonnies seem to be a trendy pick.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
After today's face plant, I'm REALLY sweating it.

The committee shows its lack of respect every year for mid-majors. We better root for vcu, because if someone else gets auto bid, we could be NIT-bound.

No one but ourselves to blame. Archie didn't like how we took so long cutting down the nets. I hope next time we don't, have a small private celebration, and say goals aren't yet fulfilled.

C'mon seniors, let's make it count.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Despite St. Bonnies not getting an at-large last year after the 3-way share of the A10 title, I still don't see how you don't take the outright winner of the 8th-rated conference in the nation. Dayton and VCU are still locks in my mind. Despite what the committee says about not looking at conferences when selecting teams I don't think that's entirely true. And I don't see them taking 4 from the A10.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Sitting right here and now, approximately 60 minutes after the UD loss, the a10 might get 2 teams in and one of those might be hosting a game at UD Arena. Wouldn't that be special for this senior class? Not.