UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 06:14 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
SubRegionals

No surprises on the first night (Thursday) of Rd 1. Everyone who should have won did. Friday might be a little more competitive. I'm not expecting any big upsets with teams that are seeded, but there are some interesting match ups such as UD v. Pitt. We are ranked but they have already knocked off teams ranked in the Top 10. It will be a dog fight and we need to play our best. Other toss up matches include KY v CO St, Wichita St v TCU, UNLV v Utah, TXAM v SMU, HI v USC, James Mad v Coastal Car, and Cincy v FL St.

And all the Rd2 matches today (Friday) are good match ups with upset possibilities. Ore v MI, KS v Creighton, MO v Purdue and WI v. WA St.

It's a good day to watch volleyball.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 12-02-2016 at 06:17 AM..
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
No surprises on the first night (Thursday) of Rd 1. Everyone who should have won did. Friday might be a little more competitive. I'm not expecting any big upsets with teams that are seeded, but there are some interesting match ups such as UD v. Pitt. We are ranked but they have already knocked off teams ranked in the Top 10. It will be a dog fight and we need to play our best. Other toss up matches include KY v CO St, Wichita St v TCU, UNLV v Utah, TXAM v SMU, HI v USC, James Mad v Coastal Car, and Cincy v FL St.

And all the Rd2 matches today (Friday) are good match ups with upset possibilities. Ore v MI, KS v Creighton, MO v Purdue and WI v. WA St.

It's a good day to watch volleyball.
Where do you go to watch or see the games and results?
Old 12-02-2016, 07:41 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesp.../?media=543146
This is the link for our game today. I thought they were all on ESPN3, but that is not the case.
Should be able to get the results here, have to scroll and look for vb.
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/scoreboard
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (12-02-2016), NovaFlyer (12-02-2016), rollo (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:14 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
If you go to the NCAA women's volleyball page and click on " bracket" it's an interactive bracket that you can get set scores in real time and if you want to drill down to actual score For each set, including the live current set, each match has an easy click to live stats.

I like this because it gives you the bracket pairings with scores and who the winners will play next. In my younger days I had a photogenic memory and could see all 64 teams and pairings in my head instantly. But you hit 50s and that's the first thing to go. So thank goodness for interactive bracket technology.

And if you believe any of that, please PM me your phone number so I can have a guy in India call you to get your bank account info. You've won the lottery.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...yball-women/d1
This is the link to the bracket BeckysTXA refernced. Much better tan the ESPN I posted above.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...yball-women/d1
This is the link to the bracket BeckysTXA refernced. Much better tan the ESPN I posted above.
When a match is in progress, there will be a red box on top of the white bracket box, that says "Live Stats" to link you.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 08:49 AM

Using figgies rpi, after the first night, the lowest rpi to advance is 38 Washington St, who had some big wins in the PAC12 this year.

Highest rpi to loose in the first round so far is 33 Iowa State, who was pretty inconsistent throughout the year, but always schedules tough OOC. Their coach is a Nebraska alum, so they always get a match with NE every year.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:48 PM

I'm watching Cincy v. Fl St. Cincy up 15-12 in the first set. It's in Gainsville. There are zero markings on the court. I'm assuming this is Floridas court. Very plain. UDs is much more attractive so when we host next year everyone will say so. Lol
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (12-02-2016), UDBrian (12-04-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,095 Times in 5,100 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Pitts wins set 1, but PSU rolls pretty easy in the final 3 sets to win 3-1.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
NovaFlyer (12-04-2016)
Old 12-04-2016, 08:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post

And if you believe any of that, please PM me your phone number so I can have a guy in India call you to get your bank account info. You've won the lottery.
That was great timing because I won the lottery last week and I am just waiting for the money. For some reason there is a problem with my debit card

Looking forward to seeing some great vball on tv
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (12-04-2016)