UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who played unRoyally in last night's loss to SMC?
Crosby 3 pts, 0 assists 3 4.17%
DDavis 0-11 shooting 63 87.50%
Cunningham...hey, he missed 4 shots!!?? 2 2.78%
Jim O'Brien 4 5.56%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2017, 05:41 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
UnGolden Bricks Award - SMC

This should be unanimous but I'll put it to a vote because somewhere out there a Flyer fan wants to blame Jim O'Brien for last night's loss. Regardless, time to vote!
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), Gazoo (12-20-2017), MNFats (12-20-2017)
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2017, 05:54 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Flyers came out flat in the second half proving that either AG didn’t make necessary adjustments at half, SM got an ass lashing at half or a combination of both.

Last edited by longtimefan67; 12-20-2017 at 05:56 AM..
Old 12-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
With Darrell you don't know what you are going to get from one minute to the next! The announcers said he is a very good passer. He just needs to know when to shoot and when not to shoot! His average dropped from 18.1 to 16.5 last evening!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:36 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Even without the shooting performance, or lack their of, DD would get my vote. Did anyone notice his lack of court knowledge and positioning when trying to press and trap the last few minutes of the game? One time it looked like he was setting a pick to help out the St. Marys player. Come on man, your a senior, show it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017), rollo (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed DD missed a shot, there was a rebound that he could have easily gotten, but he just stood there and watched the SMU player get it. He just has a low basketball IQ. There is no excuse after 3.5 years for some of the bone-headed plays he makes.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (12-20-2017), FLYER5 (12-20-2017), shocka43 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 08:54 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
I noticed DD missed a shot, there was a rebound that he could have easily gotten, but he just stood there and watched the SMU player get it. He just has a low basketball IQ. There is no excuse after 3.5 years for some of the bone-headed plays he makes.
I know the exact play your talking about, as do my neighbors when I screamed at the TV!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Captain

Kevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud ofKevinob15 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Even without the shooting performance, or lack their of, DD would get my vote. Did anyone notice his lack of court knowledge and positioning when trying to press and trap the last few minutes of the game? One time it looked like he was setting a pick to help out the St. Marys player. Come on man, your a senior, show it.
Yep we had the player triple teamed on the sideline in his own back court. All DD had to do was protect the sideline and he lets the guy go around him without a fight. This is the true DD. Even as a senior he still makes freshman mistakes and I can’t stand everyone always giving him the benefit of the doubt. He is never going to make anyone else on this team better. I just wish AG had some courage to bench him for a long period of time like he does to Crosby when he’s not playing well. That would send a message to the rest of the team.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Senior leadership...gotta play like you have it. Guys packed it in with 8 minutes to go and no player on the floor stepped up as a leader.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 09:37 AM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Surprised that Grant’s halftime speech wasn’t listed. Whatever it was he should throw it out. One of the best halves of the year was followed by one of the worst.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Just off the Jet

PFlyer will become famous soon enoughPFlyer will become famous soon enough
How about the Head Coach?
Old 12-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
OCH!

Baby D we need ya!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:48 AM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
DD by a landslide. When he is not shooting well, he just starts going through the motions. The guy(s) guarding DD did a great job of getting into his face and jock, and that irritated the heck out of DD, but he needs to grow up.

Second place vote to DD's teammates, who threw almost zero decent picks for him. The guy can shoot really well, so throw some great picks and get him open. DD did not have many good shots.

Honorable mention to Williams, who did a great job offensively with 16 points, but had one rebound. How in the world can a a guy be 6'9" and never rebound? He is now at 4 rebounds a game. Just lack of effort and positioning.

Last edited by jack72; 12-20-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
DD must have a fist full of get-out-of-jail-free cards with CAG. He's rarely/never benched, despite his brain farts, turnovers, or lack of hustle. He's been decent at driving and playing through contact, next step is to keep his eyes up/on the hoop...he just might make a few!
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 01:58 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Rollo you list Crosby as one of the candidates when he only played 12 minutes yet Crutcher plays 27 minutes with 2 points don't get it???
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 02:03 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shawnee2 View Post
Rollo you list Crosby as one of the candidates when he only played 12 minutes yet Crutcher plays 27 minutes with 2 points don't get it???
Crosby started for a reason.

Crosby was benched for a reason.

My Flyers lost.

Get it?
FLYER5 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 02:52 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
No I don't get it? Crosby picked up his second foul in the first half I get why he came out. I do not get why he only played 12 minutes in the game when he didn't even have a turn over so just because he started does not make sense to me?
Old 12-20-2017, 03:29 PM

No I don't get it? Crosby picked up his second foul in the first half I get why he came out. I do not get why he only played 12 minutes in the game when he didn't even have a turn over so just because he started does not make sense to me?
Me royally thinks that you and Crosby have a lot in common.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:08 PM
1st Lieutenant

Please take the time to inform me Rollo I am not trying to be funny or sarcastic!
Old 12-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Gave it to O'Brien for lifetime achievement. But it could've gone to Streep.
She knew.--Turk182 ☺

Last edited by FLYER5; 12-20-2017 at 07:40 PM..
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 07:18 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
I watched again the game video...DD took shots but (quite honestly) most of them were well-timed...he just missed them..Crosby hurt the flow of the game in every imaginable area...Sorry JC but you had beyond an awful game........

Is JC's play repairable?
Old 12-20-2017, 09:32 PM

Not trying? Hmmmm...

Please take the time to inform me Rollo I am not trying to be funny or sarcastic!
Me further thinks you have more in common with Crosby than originally thought!