User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Wichita State, 7 points, 3.5 seconds, wow!

I have listened to all of the back and forth regarding the game. Did UD lose it, did Wichita State win it, that Charles Cooke shouldn't even be on the team and how much better they would be without him, blah blah blah.

Interestingly enough if you look at just three plays that Wichita State made that accumulated a total of 7 points in a total of about a 3.5 second span that basically is your difference.They hit a 3 ball with under a second ago at the end the first half, a wichita state player made a step thru in the lane and took about 4 steps with less than a second to go in the 2nd half and made it, and then with the shot clock dwindling down near the end of the game Kyle Davis gets called for a foul on a 3 pointer which the WST player made two of the FT's. Just pointing out the fact that in a game that accumulated so many plays and in a game that UD got destroyed on the boards and just could not get it going offensively it really comes down to that.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
skip69 (03-19-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2017, 01:58 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I have listened to all of the back and forth regarding the game. Did UD lose it, did Wichita State win it, that Charles Cooke shouldn't even be on the team and how much better they would be without him, blah blah blah.

Interestingly enough if you look at just three plays that Wichita State made that accumulated a total of 7 points in a total of about a 3.5 second span that basically is your difference.They hit a 3 ball with under a second ago at the end the first half, a wichita state player made a step thru in the lane and took about 4 steps with less than a second to go in the 2nd half and made it, and then with the shot clock dwindling down near the end of the game Kyle Davis gets called for a foul on a 3 pointer which the WST player made two of the FT's. Just pointing out the fact that in a game that accumulated so many plays and in a game that UD got destroyed on the boards and just could not get it going offensively it really comes down to that.
Amen. I haven't watched the replay, but I was told the announcers were amazed that a foul was called when we had them down to 2 seconds on the clock. I guess they couldn't find anything in the replay.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
There is a saying about putting the ball in a basket wins games .... for somewhere around 8 minutes we did not have a basket in the 2nd half. Can't do that and win no matter who you play ....

Play decent in that stretch of time (i.e. score a few baskets) and all this other stuff doesn't have the impact that it had.

WSU D had something to do with the absence of scoring, but players make plays ... see SS for details.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:04 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
Amen. I haven't watched the replay, but I was told the announcers were amazed that a foul was called when we had them down to 2 seconds on the clock. I guess they couldn't find anything in the replay.
Kyle got screwed twice late in the game. The "foul" on the three point attempt and a foul called on him in a potential tie up situation. Kyle grabbed the ball, the other guy slapped/grabbed Kyle's arm, and they called a foul on Kyle. The announcers said both were bad calls. I thought their three pointer at the end of the half was huge. We had the ball with a chance to go up 7 or 8. Instead we miss and their guy throws in a three with a hand in his face at the buzzer. Huge momentum swing.

Last edited by longtimefan; 03-19-2017 at 03:07 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (03-19-2017), UDGutter2 (03-19-2017)