User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,118 Times in 2,611 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
ESPN.com Recruiting- Kavanaugh's ranking is updated

According to espn.com, he is an 84 ranking, which is solid, #55 ranked C in the nation.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...6season%3d2009
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AFflyer (11-12-2008), IAFlyer (11-13-2008), Tony T 71 (11-13-2008)
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
I obviously believe that Kavanaugh can come in as a Freshman next season and be just like Kurt Huelsman, Start every game of his UD carrer.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UDF4N4LIF3 View Post
I obviously believe that Kavanaugh can come in as a Freshman next season and be just like Kurt Huelsman, Start every game of his UD carrer.
And what do you with Kurt and Benson?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 PM

AFflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
They go on to the NBA after this year, what else?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
According to espn.com, he is an 84 ranking, which is solid, #55 ranked C in the nation.

That ranking is based on last season and summer performance. It will likely go up after his Senior year if he improves.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Colonel

Flyer1407 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by UDF4N4LIF3 View Post
Don't see that happening. You will have a 3 year starter with Kurt, Devin will be a junior and Benson will be in the mix as well.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Captain

DaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to beholdDaytonDecibelDungeon is a splendid one to behold
Move over _avier, UD is the future of the A-10!

Needless to say... we should be scary good with the kind of depth and lineup we will have. I honestly believe the tide is turning - XU get ready, you haven't seen anything yet - it's time for UD to reclaim the dominance in this rivalry!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:51 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AFflyer View Post
They go on to the NBA after this year, what else?
Want to put up some money on that statement?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Originally Posted by John R View Post
That's such a negative statement, implying that you would put money on the idea they wouldn't go to the NBA. I hate to read anything negative about current players on here. While I am sure you are going to quickly backtrack and make an assertion along the lines of "they will have the talent but stay to complete their education," or a simple "What?," it will not lessen the offense I take at such a blatant attack on our players.
Mad Props to flyerfanatic86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDEE79 (11-13-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 10:23 PM

AFflyer has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by John R View Post
I swear, you do not know sarcasm when it smacks you in the face lol. Do you honestly think Id predict KH to leave and JB to also leave without possibly even playing a minute if he redshirts
Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute

For a point of reference, this is what Scout's rating of 84 translates to:

80-89: High Major Prospect

Player has the potential to start or significantly contribute as a freshman for most top national Division I programs.
Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (11-13-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Now that he has offcially signed with the flyers, I fully expect ESPN to start lowering his ranking regardless of how well he does.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
There is nobody who could convince me that there are 54 incoming centers better than Matt.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:30 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Now that he has offcially signed with the flyers, I fully expect ESPN to start lowering his ranking regardless of how well he does.
Believe it or not, I think UD is starting to get the anti-midmajor treatment because of BG's track record. When BG targets a guy his stock rises instead of falls. Kind of like guys who are rated 50 until Duke offers then suddenly they go to 92.

We don't get the Duke treatment but I think we now get a reasonable benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:51 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
I think MK's play will do all the talking he needs. I think he'll end up around an 87 or an 88 by the time the HS season is over.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Captain

hUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these partshUDygrad is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TheDuke2003 View Post
I think MK's play will do all the talking he needs. I think he'll end up around an 87 or an 88 by the time the HS season is over.

Who really cares what he ends up. Once he commits and if BG thinks he can help the team then that's all that really matters.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
General

Thanked 5,460 Times in 2,387 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hUDygrad View Post
Who really cares what he ends up. Once he commits and if BG thinks he can help the team then that's all that really matters.
Couldn't that same logic be applied to nearly every other topic on this message board with the exception of our final record?

Current topics might include:

-How players look in the preseason games (who really cares as long as BG thinks they can help the team)

-Other websites discussing prospects (who really cares as long as BG thinks they can help the team)

-How players advanced in the offseason (who really cares as long as BG thinks they can help the team)

-Predict the score (who really cares as long as we win)

-How players advanced in the offseason (who really cares as long as BG thinks they can help the team)

-Injuries (who really cares as long as we win)

etc. . . .it's kind of a discussion killer ain't it?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (11-13-2008), IAFlyer (11-13-2008), UDEE79 (11-13-2008), vfly (11-13-2008)
Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
Hey guess what?

Kurt isn't going anywhere and will start the next 65 games for the Flyers, Kavanaugh will come off of the bench next year until he is proven and by the time he proves it ... it will be late in the year so you won't remove Kurt.

I like that we are finally getting a big guy with promise (Like Finn) but we will most likely have to wait one year for results (Like Finn). Remember in high school a 6-10 guy gets to play against 6-6 people all the time, not like that in college.

Welcome to UD Matt, early prognosis is promising.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
It wouldn't shock me if MK gets redshirted.

The Flyers will have Huelsman, Searcy, Benson, and Fabrezius all playing the PF and C positions getting time. Chris Wright and Chris Johnson will get all the time at SF, Marcus Johnson will be a senior and his bench minutes will go to Paul Williams. Barring injury, I think Kavenaugh gets a redshirt, unless BG really feels he needs a 5th bigman and absoultely doesn't want to move Wright off of SF for even part of the game.

2009-2010 depth chart?:

PG: London Warren (SR), Rob Lowery (SR), Stephen Thomas (JR)
SG: Marcus Johnson (SR), Paul Williams (SO), Mickey Perry (SR)
SF: Chris Wright (JR), Chris Johnson (SO), (Marcus Johnson)
PF: Devin Searcy (JR), Luke Fabrezius (SO), Josh Benson (R-FR)
C: Kurt Huelsman (SR), (Devin Searcy), Matt Kavenaugh (FR)

You know, it really wouldn't suprise me if Mickey Perry transfers after this year if he loses his playing time to Paul Williams like I think he will. It would also help balance out the classes if Gregory can pick up a late commit for next year along with Kav and Benson as a RS frosh. If Perry did transfer, and BG got a new recuit that would balance the classes next year as such:

FR: 3
SO: 4
JR: 3
SR: 4
Mad Props to TheDuke2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer1407 (11-13-2008)
Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Colonel

Flyer1407 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post
Hey guess what?

Kurt isn't going anywhere and will start the next 65 games for the Flyers, Kavanaugh will come off of the bench next year until he is proven and by the time he proves it ... it will be late in the year so you won't remove Kurt.

I like that we are finally getting a big guy with promise (Like Finn) but we will most likely have to wait one year for results (Like Finn). Remember in high school a 6-10 guy gets to play against 6-6 people all the time, not like that in college.

I can't remember but was Finn a big time recruit coming out of HS?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
You know, it really wouldn't suprise me if Mickey Perry transfers after this year if he loses his playing time to Paul Williams like I think he will. It would also help balance out the classes if Gregory can pick up a late commit for next year along with Kav and Benson as a RS frosh. If Perry did transfer, and BG got a new recuit that would balance the classes next year as such:
It would make no sense whatsoever for Perry to transfer and lose a year of eligibility for a chance to play more. If Perry is going to play it will be here. Perry puts in the effort and will get playing time, even if he is third or fourth in line.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Thanked 3,160 Times in 803 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Perry would have no eligibility left if he transferred. Unless, of course, we went Division II or III.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Not really. It came down to home state Kansas State (terrible at the time) who wanted Sean to redshirt, and UD where Oliver promised him that he could play his freshman season.

In hindsight, a redshirt would have been the best thing for Finn, but it worked in our favor that he could play a bit his freshman season. Of course Oliver rarely recruited kids on the same "precieved caliber" coming out of high school as BG has, but man did Oliver find some diamond's in the rough.

Nate Green, David Morris, Stanley & Brooks were all fairly well regarded, Brooks & Stanley in the top 100 of some rankings (at least I think Stanely was, Brooks definently). Morris & Green ended up in some top 250 list and were considered pretty good gets for us at the time. I think Edwin may have been in some top 250 lists coming out of Zainesville.

Keith & Ramod Marshall were lower down on the recruiting ranks, but may well have been the 2 most important recruits of Oliver's tenure.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 PM

ClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these partsClearTheRunwayForWLJ is infamous around these parts
Rankings wise he was not, I just remember being told over and over that after one season of training and conditioning he would be a beast and he was. He was also 7-1 coming out of highschool, so I mean .......

He scored 1,000 in three seasons and he also led the Ncaa in fieldgoal percentage with a broken hand, he was the ultimate gamer and never got enough credit, people took him for granted.

His baby hook was dead on, everytime.

I believe you win in the A-10 with two capable big men (C, PF) and a smart point guard. BG is starting that now it has just taken him awhile to do it.

Just remember Finn and Wally down low 7-1 and 6-10 we out rebounded everyone and scored in the paint relentlessly. When we have Kavanaugh as a Sophomore and Searcy as a Senior I see us dominating A-10 play with their size ... if they pan out.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Using this same sites rankings:
Kavanaugh 84
Benson 89
Fabrizius 76
Searcy 80

Wright and Staten 95
Williams 93

Then some probable bad misses

Thomas 92
Chris Johnson only a 78
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Major

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Perry would have no eligibility left if he transferred. Unless, of course, we went Division II or III.
I just assumed if he transferred a 2nd time it would be to a D2 or D3 school. Which he may do just so he can start and play a full year, something he will never do at UD, even if he doesn't lose minutes to Williams, which I thnk he will.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:00 PM

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post

Notice in today's USA Today their top 50 had a guy going to Akron and one to LaSalle.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
It wouldn't shock me if MK gets redshirted.

The Flyers will have Huelsman, Searcy, Benson, and Fabrezius all playing the PF and C positions getting time. Chris Wright and Chris Johnson will get all the time at SF, Marcus Johnson will be a senior and his bench minutes will go to Paul Williams. Barring injury, I think Kavenaugh gets a redshirt, unless BG really feels he needs a 5th bigman and absoultely doesn't want to move Wright off of SF for even part of the game.

2009-2010 depth chart?:

PG: London Warren (SR), Rob Lowery (SR), Stephen Thomas (JR)
SG: Marcus Johnson (SR), Paul Williams (SO), Mickey Perry (SR)
SF: Chris Wright (JR), Chris Johnson (SO), (Marcus Johnson)
PF: Devin Searcy (JR), Luke Fabrezius (SO), Josh Benson (R-FR)
C: Kurt Huelsman (SR), (Devin Searcy), Matt Kavenaugh (FR)

FR: 3
SO: 4
JR: 3
SR: 4
5 seniors
Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
The kid going to LaSalle (Murray) is supposed to be a really, really good player. NBA quality, program changer type. Many of the LaSalle fans were surprised he picked them. Many of the SJU/Temple fans were surprised he didn't pick either of them.

Highest rated kid to every commit to an A-10 school (lets hope Payne changes that)
Old 11-13-2008, 06:00 PM

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post

Did you just throw Searcy and Benson under the bus? Finally getting a big guy with promise?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Major

Originally Posted by Atlantic 10 View Post
5 seniors
My scenario was if Perry transferred and BG brought in another recruit with MK and a redshirted Benson.