User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-04-2017, 10:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Taking My Crow

I am eating my crow. I disagreed with those that said that we were cursed at the Smith Center. Smitty you were right. Maddog, size had nothing to do with it, so at least I can save face there.

Time to move on to the A10 Tourney. See you all in Pittsburgh!
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2017, 10:48 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I am eating my crow. I disagreed with those that said that we were cursed at the Smith Center. Smitty you were right. Maddog, size had nothing to do with it, so at least I can save face there.

Oh no you don't, don't move on yet. Your not cheating me out of my "I told you so"s just like that. Aggravating game, Rollo doesn't put my bum of the game on the poll and now you're trying to cheat me out of my only other release. Well dang it I told you so. I told you so. I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Okay, let's move on.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2017), m21eagle45 (03-04-2017), rollo (03-05-2017), sopaw10 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Wink

They should make that 4 word phrase a 4 letter word and XXXX it out automatically. I'm also in favor of punching someone in the nose when they say it to you.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDTradition View Post
They should make that 4 word phrase a 4 letter word and XXXX it out automatically. I'm also in favor of punching someone in the nose when they say it to you.
That's bullcrap. If I told you that the Flyers were going to win at Rhode Island and then came back and used that 4 word phrase, you wouldn't mind a bit.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I did not see the game tonight. I have seen UD lose twice at GW. Very hard place to win a game. Tight quarters and the fans are very vocal. We sat next to the students in our first visit. The students were profane all night long.

After the emotional win vs. VCU, you had to wonder about an emotional and physical let down. The team celebrated a lot on Wednesday. In the long run, this loss might do them some good and help check their egos.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-05-2017), Flyer 86 (03-05-2017), FlyerGuyer (03-04-2017), frisco flyer (03-04-2017), jack72 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 11:08 PM
General

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I did not see the game tonight. I have seen UD lose twice at GW. Very hard place to win a game. Tight quarters and the fans are very vocal. We sat next to the students in our first visit. The students were profane all night long.

After the emotional win vs. VCU, you had to wonder about an emotional and physical let down. The team celebrated a lot on Wednesday. In the long run, this loss might do them some good and help check their egos.
Yes, I actually thought they'd lose because of the circumstances other than the curse. The curse was the clincher. But I think it's as simple as this, the Flyers were going to lose one of these final 2 games, and I should be thankful it was the right one.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 11:10 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
When you go on the road to Foggy Bottom, you have to bring energy and focus. The Flyers' heads were somewhere else tonight. That was the poorest defensive performance we have had since St. Mary's. Charles and Schoochie better play a whole lot better next Friday. Frankly, their performance tonight was dismal. Each had four turnovers; several of them in critical situations. I thought it was another solid performance by John Crosby. Mikesell and Darrell both struggled trying to defend anyone; that's why they both sat on the bench in the second half. I really don't want to face GW again. They are always a bad match-up. We better defend the three-ball in the tournament or it's going to be one and done.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 11:11 PM
General

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
When you go on the road to Foggy Bottom, you have to bring energy and focus. The Flyers' heads were somewhere else tonight. That was the poorest defensive performance we have had since St. Mary's. Charles and Schoochie better play a whole lot better next Friday. Frankly, their performance tonight was dismal. Each had four turnovers; several of them in critical situations. I thought it was another solid performance by John Crosby. Mikesell and Darrell both struggled trying to defend anyone; that's why they both sat on the bench in the second half. I really don't want to face GW again. They are always a bad match-up. We better defend the three-ball in the tournament or it's going to be one and done.
Darrell sat because he was hurt.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 11:13 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Wink

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
That's bullcrap. If I told you that the Flyers were going to win at Rhode Island and then came back and used that 4 word phrase, you wouldn't mind a bit.
Not true...

BTW...I had this picked as a Flyer's loss (because of all the negative situational dynamics)...but I'm not going to write or say any 4 letter words.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought Baby D played excellent "D" tonight! He was on his man all night!
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute

I think the vball team got to thinking they were better than they really were because they were winning so many matches. (They had a very weak schedule this past year.) In my opinion they peaked a couple weeks before the regular season ended, wrapping up the a10. They then struggled in the a10 tourney against 2 teams with rpi's in the 100s, but won the tourney. And then lost in the first round of the NCAAs. A late season loss might have helped them remember you have got to keep working hard and preparing both physically and mentally. If you don't "run thru the tape" someone will beat you. I would hate to see this happen to this great senior class.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-05-2017), jack72 (03-05-2017), rollo (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Got to give it up to Smitty. Usually his feel for the upset is pretty close. Very good memory of past Flyers games which I appreciate too. You go, Smitty.
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (03-05-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Darrell slumped too. Clanking free throws and sporadic on defense. Made a couple good plays but he needs to rise in games like this. Seldom does he have a good game considering his time in the program. To me that doesn't warrant a slump. Another thing and I don't know if people agree but Crosby was out of control a few times, got bailed out a time or two, but still laughs and stays his jovial self. I want to see more of a serious player's persona from him. He may need maturation. And no of course I don't care if the players read this, like everyone knows they do. They need thicker skin. Roll yesterday's tape..
Old 03-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
We did not play well and GW deserved to win this game.. Team loss in my opinion and we better not play like that again. I think we'll learn a lot from this game.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Captain

PerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the roughPerrymanFan is a jewel in the rough
Listening to Larry and Bucky it sounded like they were in the middle of the student section. You could clearly hear the students chanting throughout the broadcast. Plenty of taunting and some profanity, which you would expect from students. Larry sounded aggravated talking over it all night. Then again he could have just been aggravated by the poor defense and free throw shooting.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:29 PM
General

Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post

Archie Miller says "I could've told you so" http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...wBKOyEy6B8cSJ/