Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-01-2016, 12:51 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Scooch and Cooke

Is there any truth that there was some kind of controversy between these two? I saw there was a thread on FlyerHoops about this along with some hints around it on this board.

Advertisement
Old 03-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
watch tonite for body language, ball movement and energy

anything else but those with first-hand knowledge or the parties themselves is mere speculation

teams are like a family, including occasional squabbles and dysfunction. archie and his staff need to mediate and exert their authority.

i was young and temperamental once -- winning cures all
Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bhflyer5 View Post
Is there any truth that there was some kind of controversy between these two? I saw there was a thread on FlyerHoops about this along with some hints around it on this board.

If what I've heard is even partially true, I would sit them both tonight and start Crosby and Baby D. You would have to play them but they would get limited minutes. I would tell them while they are riding the pine to think about what they want for the rest of their careers. This team has lost 3 of the last 4. If it wasn't for a miracle comeback against the Dukes and Baby D's last second three at Rhody, it would be 5 of 6. Crosby and Baby D can't produce any worse results than that.
Old 03-01-2016, 03:34 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
If what I've heard is even partially true, I would sit them both tonight and start Crosby and Baby D. You would have to play them but they would get limited minutes. I would tell them while they are riding the pine to think about what they want for the rest of their careers. This team has lost 3 of the last 4. If it wasn't for a miracle comeback against the Dukes and Baby D's last second three at Rhody, it would be 5 of 6. Crosby and Baby D can't produce any worse results than that.
So what have you heard? Everyone keeps saying they've heard something but never what it is...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DaytonInsider (03-01-2016), jerseyflyer09 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 03:48 PM
Major

flybye is infamous around these parts
Watched Texas get mauled at Home on Senior nite to Kansas. I heard there players don't like each other. Xavier players not talking after loss to Seton Hall. Iowa has lost 3 straight, I heard the coach has lost the team. Boys, its all in the course of a long season, win two or split this week and we are in. Everyone back and we will be good in Brooklyn. Hang in.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flybye For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-01-2016), MrFlyerFanatic (03-01-2016), Sticks 'n Stearns (03-01-2016), TA111 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 04:41 PM
Colonel

The Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant futureThe Gem has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bhflyer5 View Post
So what have you heard? Everyone keeps saying they've heard something but never what it is...

This is UD Pride, we only insinuate rumors around here. We never actually repeat them.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Gem For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (03-02-2016), Figgie123 (03-02-2016), Flyer 86 (03-01-2016), Glen Clark (03-01-2016), mikeymo85 (03-01-2016), TX Flyer (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 04:56 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,690 Times in 2,510 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flybye View Post
Watched Texas get mauled at Home on Senior nite to Kansas. I heard there players don't like each other. Xavier players not talking after loss to Seton Hall. Iowa has lost 3 straight, I heard the coach has lost the team. Boys, its all in the course of a long season, win two or split this week and we are in. Everyone back and we will be good in Brooklyn. Hang in.
I am amazed by some folks who think the world is ending when you lose a couple of games. You'd have thought they would learn after 2014 that a couple games doesn't make or break a season.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sticks 'n Stearns (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 04:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Gem View Post
This is UD Pride, we only insinuate rumors around here. We never actually repeat them.
Which is garbage. if you arent coming with the story don't dangle the carrot. Its like an adult version of neener neener I know something you don't. I don't care if its speculation and rumor, that's what message boards are for. Opinions and speculation.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (03-02-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
I am amazed by some folks who think the world is ending when you lose a couple of games. You'd have thought they would learn after 2014 that a couple games doesn't make or break a season.
Normally I'd agree, but internal strife is being rumored. No such rumors in 2014.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (03-02-2016), Flyer 86 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 05:51 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Last time there was internal strife rumors, they eventually reared their ugly head. I remember our coach left shortly after as well as several promising players. It was a time of change that worked out for the better. This time, I don't want to see change, I want True Team back.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (03-02-2016), BRob2Perryman3 (03-01-2016), FLYER5 (03-01-2016)
Old 03-01-2016, 07:19 PM
Major

bigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to beholdbigudfan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
To me...it's how they are losing and where (home)
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bigudfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Atlantic 10 (03-01-2016), bhflyer5 (03-02-2016), redbengal (03-02-2016)