User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,395 Times in 712 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Senior Night Starting Lineup?

Time for the almighty question of who will get the starting nods for Ryan Miller's Dayton Flyers at home on Senior Night versus VCU with a regular season championship on the line?

I think it can be boiled down to this: Will Kyle Davis start in front of BabyD? If so, will he stay on the floor for the typical rotation, or will BabyD come right in?

And, any chance Bonsu sees the floor, at either end of the game?

GO SENIORS, GO FLYERS, GO OUT IN STYLE, BEAT vcu and become sole regular season champs. Thanks for all you have contributed to the program and the fan-base.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 02-28-2017 at 03:20 PM..
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Winning Streak?

BG started the Seniors. I believe Archie will stay with his normal starting 5. The minutes played may favor the seniors as the game progresses. I do not believe he will start a Walk-on in a game of this magnitude.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
IIRC, Archie hasn't strayed from his "regular" rotation in any of the past senior nights, I don't expect him to stray from what he's used for the last handful of games tomorrow either. I doubt Bonsu plays, but it would be nice to see b/c it likely means it will come in the waning moments of a blow out victory. He's played in 4 less games than Joey Lee Gruden, so for whatever reason there is a clear step in "minutes earned" b/w the 2 kids. Based upon his Players Tribune article and nothing else, I'd love to see him get a minute or two of run.

Really, I've always felt that the bigger moment for any senior is the last time they check out, since Kyle is usually in the game at the end anyways, if UD does have a solid lead in the last couple of minutes there will be ample time to get each of the 4 seniors a "curtain call" if the opportunity presents itself.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
I bet Archie sticks with the rotation and has Darrell start. The game is too important to change things right now. Bonsu won't play unless there is a 10 point or larger lead and there are less than 15 seconds left in the game, and even then I will be a little shocked if Archie puts him in. He seems to be a great kid who understands his role, and will be perfectly fine with whatever happens. This also means that we don't need any diatribes on here if he doesn't get to play.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 03:37 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Archie sticks with the starting line-up with DD and KD off the bench. He is sending a message that this is not about farewells. This is about winning this game with a lot more basketball to be played.

I don't think Bonsu sees the floor unless we are up big with like 4 minutes to go. Archie will not take a chance with too little of a lead and too early and I don't think he calls a timeout with 30 seconds left to get him in.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (02-28-2017), shocka43 (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 04:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
RE: Bonsu....https://twitter.com/DavidPJablonski/...94379774414848
Old 02-28-2017, 04:40 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
My ideal situation is for the Flyers to be up about 10pts with under 20 seconds to go. With VCU conceding, Scootchie dribbles over to the bench, hands the ball to Bonsu with 3 or 4 seconds left and tells him to go check in. An acceptable late game turnover.
Standing Os for everyone.
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-28-2017), Flyer 86 (02-28-2017), FlyerFanatic1986 (02-28-2017), Gazoo (03-01-2017), SacramentoFlyer (02-28-2017), UDTradition (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
My ideal situation is for the Flyers to be up about 10pts with under 20 seconds to go. With VCU conceding, Scootchie dribbles over to the bench, hands the ball to Bonsu with 3 or 4 seconds left and tells him to go check in. An acceptable late game turnover.
Standing Os for everyone.
Scoochie has earned the leash for something like this. Then again Scoochie has earned a million things here. Man I'm gonna miss this class......
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I think Kyle starts. It's not as if it's a reach for him to start. He's earned that moment.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
I imagine Coach will ask him and he will decline. The current plan is working and he is a total team player.
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed that Kyle starts.

ru fkm? ahem. Best Flyer Class of all time!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Believe he will go with the current starting lineup that has been working.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
If this were OP or BG, no doubt that KDavis would start...but this is Archie who has always walked to a different beat.

I think he should start KDavis...and I think deep down KD wants to start...but I think Archie has instilled 'team' so deeply into all the player's heads that KD will pass and we'll stick with the winning lineup. If KD does start, I think it'll be because DDavis insists it be that way.
CE80 (02-28-2017), Figgie123 (02-28-2017), Runnin' Rebel (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 08:14 PM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
I think DD should start, because KD coming off the bench all for the glory of the "true team" seems fitting.

SS is the floor general. KP is the athletic stud. But KD is the heartbeat of this team.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Kentucky just started their seniors at home against Vandy. After 2 and a half minutes they are down 7 to 0. Don't screw with what is working and Go Vandy!
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 10:59 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
They have won 11 of 12 and 8 straight. This game is too big to mess that up. Go with what has been working.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 02-28-2017 at 11:04 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-01-2017), Gazoo (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 11:09 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
They have won 11 of 12 and 8 straight. This game is too big to mess that up. Go with what has been working.
I agree. There will be plenty of time for pomp and ceremonial acts after this game. Keep the same five, including Darrell, and take care of business.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:29 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer a scenario where the game is safely in hand and the 4 seniors DEPART the court together...and if it's really safely in hand, sub in Jeremiah so that all 5 are on the court, then sub them all out together.

The arena would explode.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Sticks 'n Stearns (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 07:36 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think Kyle will start. Kyle is a team guy. I bet even if Archie offers, which he won't, Kyle declines. Kyle knows what time it is. This team has been white hot since Darrell and Kyle flipped roles. Kyle still gets his minutes and is the man at the end of games.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
steve (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I prefer a scenario where the game is safely in hand and the 4 seniors DEPART the court together...and if it's really safely in hand, sub in Jeremiah so that all 5 are on the court, then sub them all out together.

The arena would explode.
I might be too busy crying to cheer if that were the case
Old 03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Think of the roar from the crowd when KD checks in at the 17:00 minute mark.

Miller is no fool IMHO. He knows about land wars in Asia, iocane powder, and screwing with your starting lineup just for dramatic effect.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-01-2017), superfan99 (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
Though it's emotional and the last game they will play in the Arena, these guys are still thinking they have 10+ games left including this one and the season is far from over. don't think they will mess with what's been working for some pomp and circumstance with so many games to play and bigger prizes on the horizon.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Considering all the love and support I've shown Sir Kendall Pollard the past 4 seasons, I wonder if I could get him to wear my crown during introductions? He owes me something...
Old 03-01-2017, 09:04 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Considering all the love and support I've shown Sir Kendall Pollard the past 4 seasons, I wonder if I could get him to wear my crown during introductions? He owes me something...
I thought I was the Bally table king,
But I just handed my
pinball crown to him.
To him! To him!
Old 03-01-2017, 09:05 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Think of the roar from the crowd when KD checks in at the 17:00 minute mark.

Miller is no fool IMHO. He knows about land wars in Asia, iocane powder, and screwing with your starting lineup just for dramatic effect.
So you are saying he's Scicilian? With a surname like Miller, I always assumed he was German
Old 03-01-2017, 11:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
So you are saying he's Scicilian? With a surname like Miller, I always assumed he was German
Just remember never match wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line
Old 03-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Just remember never match wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line
No more rhyming and I mean it....
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM
General

Inconceivable.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:44 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
No more rhyming and I mean it....
Anybody got a peanut
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Anybody got a peanut
Classic
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Gilchrist's Autograph 2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 03:51 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Best 5. Too much on the line to worry about bidding farewell at the tip. Bid farewell at the end when you're up 20.