Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Captain

1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of
Schedule for 2012/2013?

I am coming home from Afghanistan in November/December, and I wanted to maximize the number of home games I can attend during that time frame. I apologize for not being able to find it, if it is on UD Pride, but I can't find the schedule on this site. I'm not sure if it has been finalized yet. If someone could provide a link I would appreciate it very much, also, if you love someone, make sure you tell them.

Go Flyers!!!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 1in25 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-22-2012), jumpin' joe (05-22-2012), sheg (06-04-2012), UD Sam (05-22-2012)
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,029 Times in 766 Posts
jumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond reputejumpin' joe has a reputation beyond repute
I can't help you since the schedule hasn't been finalized. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're coming home!
Mad Props to jumpin' joe For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
An early Welcome home

If memory serves me right, which it may not, I think UD normally does not release the basketball schedule until mid August.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The ooc schedule is what you would be interested in, and it came out July 27 last season. Along with the A10 foes, but without the dates for the A10 which would start in Jan.

However if you stay plugged in to UDPride, our posters are pretty resourceful at figuring out many ooc dates ahead of that one-by-one as they are announced by the foes or their media outlets.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Captain

1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the replies. I realize now that I jumped the gun regarding the schedule. I knew it came out in the summer, it's easy to lose track of time and days over here. If you've ever seen the movie 'Groundhog Day' you'll know what I mean, ss/dd. Anyhow, thanks again and I will be joining Pride Plus in the near future. Thanks to everyone for posting, besides talking to family and friends, UD basketball is the one thing that I really look forward to.

Go Flyers!!!

Last edited by 1in25; 05-22-2012 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: typo
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 1in25 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AustinFlyer (05-22-2012), John C. (05-22-2012), San Diego Flyer (05-22-2012), TD Flyer (05-22-2012), UD Sam (05-22-2012), udstevied_D87 (06-05-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Academy Doolie

flyrsmedic is a jewel in the roughflyrsmedic is a jewel in the roughflyrsmedic is a jewel in the roughflyrsmedic is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

We thank YOU for your service. Be safe and hurry home. The "Faithful" will be awaiting your return.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
Virtual Salute! Stay Safe!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
on other hand there are some previous posts... we do know who many of our nonconference games are just not exact days.

miami is home this year?
alabama is away, so it's not them.

can someone help the vet out?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
We play Murray State on 12/22/12.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local...153777495.html
Mad Props to bcross For This Totally Excellent Post:
DallasFlyer (05-26-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1in25 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I realize now that I jumped the gun regarding the schedule. I knew it came out in the summer, it's easy to lose track of time and days over here. If you've ever seen the movie 'Groundhog Day' you'll know what I mean, ss/dd. Anyhow, thanks again and I will be joining Pride Plus in the near future. Thanks to everyone for posting, besides talking to family and friends, UD basketball is the one thing that I really look forward to.

Go Flyers!!!
Returning vets should get free tickets for all home games and get a halftime tribute.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty left wing peacenik, but I did my time in the 60's, and you guys in the heat of war now deserve our thanks and some heartfelt appreciation from everybody.

Proud to be a Flyer fan with you.

Stay safe in Punxsutawney.

Go Flyers!
Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-26-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
If I can make it to see the fam in Dayton for Christmas, that Murray State game would likely be the one I could see in person. Should be a pretty good one. No complaints there.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Captain

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. With that said, however, I cannot take credit for something I am not. I am working here as a contractor, providing services primarily for the U.S. ARMY. Having never served, I consider it a privilege trying to make their life a little easier or a little more comfortable.
My tent is next to a unit from Ohio, who, by the way, won the Camp Ghazni basketball tournament, defeating a Polish Army team.
I have had season tickets for over thirty years, and I missed more games this past season than all other years combined. Anyhow, once again, thanks for everything. I am coming home just before Thanksgiving and staying until the first week of December, hopefully, the Flyers will have several home games during that time. It really helps to pass the time here reading about the Flyers! Stay safe and I'll see you in November!

Go Flyers!!!
Mad Props to 1in25 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-26-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Colonel

bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Host Illinois State on Dec. 19th.

http://wjbc.com/muller-stresses-fami...wanis-meeting/
walkon (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bcross View Post

Like this home and home
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-05-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1in25 View Post
Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. With that said, however, I cannot take credit for something I am not. I am working here as a contractor, providing services primarily for the U.S. ARMY. Having never served, I consider it a privilege trying to make their life a little easier or a little more comfortable.
My tent is next to a unit from Ohio, who, by the way, won the Camp Ghazni basketball tournament, defeating a Polish Army team.
I have had season tickets for over thirty years, and I missed more games this past season than all other years combined. Anyhow, once again, thanks for everything. I am coming home just before Thanksgiving and staying until the first week of December, hopefully, the Flyers will have several home games during that time. It really helps to pass the time here reading about the Flyers! Stay safe and I'll see you in November!

Go Flyers!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

flyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond reputeflyercasey has a reputation beyond repute
1in25, I for one admire what you are doing. Please stay safe.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to flyercasey For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD Sam (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bcross View Post

Illinois State lost their head coach who opted for the security and huge contract of the coach-in-waiting gig under Larry Brown at SMU. But they return a very good team that should take a step forward this year and be NCAA tourney bound. It's a quality game for sure.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
A friend of mine, a Manhattan College Alum, said rumors are circulating over there that the Jaspers are looking to play UD and Louisville during a swing through the Midwest; nothing firm yet, but there is discussion about this in the Bronx.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
The Bonnies posted their A-10 schedule today on their official twitter account. Any chance that UD will announce their A-10 schedule as well?

EDIT:

VCU has also released their A-10 games...UD at VCU so based off of what I have seen that means Butler will come to the Arena.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 06-05-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
A-10 basketball pairings are out for next season....no more pods of 3 that you play home and away. Teams will play one school twice and everybody else once...For UD it's Xavier home and away...the Flyers get Butler at home and travel to VCU.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jpk4ud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-05-2012), San Diego Flyer (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Home games: Butler, Duquesne, Fordham, Richmond, St Bonnie, St Joe, Temple - X home and away.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 05:29 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
By simple deductive reasoning . . .

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Home games: Butler, Duquesne, Fordham, Richmond, St Bonnie, St Joe, Temple - X home and away.
That means road games at UMass, Rhode Island, La Salle, George washington, Charlotte. St Louis, VCU, and X (let the curse be broken!).

Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Colonel

Host UAB on Jan. 5th.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...season-rundown
UAB

Staff changes: New coach Jerod Haase (North Carolina) hired assistants Robert Ehsan (Virginia Tech) and Jeff Wulbrun (Virginia Tech), Richie Riley, former North Carolina guard Bobby Frasor as director of basketball operations and former Vandy and UAB player George Drake as assistant of basketball operations.

Preseason tournament: South Padre Invitational

Non-conference games: 11-14 at Creighton; 12-1 at North Carolina; 12-5 at Middle Tennessee; 12-16 at Rutgers; 1-5 at Dayton

Trips: None

Transfers: IN -- Terence Jones (Texas A&M-Corpus Christi - eligible immediately); OUT -- Ovie Soko (Duquesne); Herb Harrison

Sat out: Isiah Jones (redshirt)

Early departure: None
Bat'71 (06-26-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
I guess we can thank xubrew for getting UAB on the schedule.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Major General

I assume UAB is a series? I like the Illinois State series a lot better.