Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
parking

it is time for my annual plea for a parking pass. If anyone gets the opportunity to get an additional pass, please say yes.
I will pay you for it(face value because there is no scalping on udpride). I will make arrangements to buy you many of your beverage of choice
I have two 200 level tickets which are part of a 4 pack that comes with 1 parking pass. I do not get use of the pass in our deal.
I have also tried for years to buy one from the arena.
I am not in any way physically handicapped, but my wife refuses to ride the shuttle ever again. Thanks
Mad Props to mikeymo85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (05-16-2018)
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2018, 10:24 AM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
If you always have exclusive use of the tickets, ask the holder of record if he/she would consider signing them over to you. It would be a free transfer if you are a relative and small fee if not. I did that when my son moved to Oakwood from Huber Heights and couldn't ride with me and our other family members, using my pass. He then was able to get his own parking pass, since the tickets were in his name. He shares the other ticket with his cousin, who still rides with the rest of us on my pass.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
thanks for the advice, but the owner of the other two tickets uses the parking pass at the games. We live in opposite ends on the county which makes it almost impossible for the four of us to ride together. He is the one who has the four tickets together. I buy two from him every year. I pay seat license to UD and ticket cost to him.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

on second reading of 66 flyer post, I see that what he proposes might work. What do you think the small fee would be because we are not family?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:41 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Try meeting at the hotel on Dryden road and carpool the rest of the way in. Traffic is lighter coming in from there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2018, 07:19 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikeymo85 View Post
I have two 200 level tickets which are part of a 4 pack that comes with 1 parking pass. I do not get use of the pass in our deal.
You didn't mention this, but have you pestered the owner of the seats to get you a pass?

I have 4 seats with two parking passes. I have 2 other seats that are part of a company and they are issued multiple passes.

Just saying...you may have a heck of a time on your own getting a pass, but a season ticket holder, like your partner, should be able to score another one,.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 09:08 AM
Captain

CJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I have 4 seats with two parking passes
I contacted the ticket office trying to get an additional parking pass for my 4 seat package due to the fact that one of my sons who has been going to games with me for years is now grown and lives north of Dayton while I live in Cincinnati and sharing one pass just isn't working for us but they told me that isn't possible - 1 pass per 4 ticket package is the policy. Aren't there any open parking lots somewhere around the arena? Is D lot pass or cash or ? Never parked there.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:29 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ2etc View Post
I contacted the ticket office trying to get an additional parking pass for my 4 seat package due to the fact that one of my sons who has been going to games with me for years is now grown and lives north of Dayton while I live in Cincinnati and sharing one pass just isn't working for us but they told me that isn't possible - 1 pass per 4 ticket package is the policy. Aren't there any open parking lots somewhere around the arena? Is D lot pass or cash or ? Never parked there.
D lot is pass only

Ever since the *****ing about parking started a decade or so ago, I have paid close attention as a couple games per year I would have commitments with my kids or work, and might not arrive until the first TV time out. C lot frequently has 100 plus empty spots per game. D lot always has at least a couple hundred empty spots even on sold out games. Frustrating that UD does not utilize the lots they have better.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Captain

CJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud ofCJ2etc has much to be proud of
Curious - any know what do they do with new season ticket packages? No parking pass?
Old 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
I remember reading that those new premium club seats $3,500 seat license were going to a premium parking. So A, B, C lots are going to be shrinking.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Curious - any know what do they do with new season ticket packages? No parking pass?
This is the reason they will not sell or provide more parking passes. They want us to split the tickets into two sets of two. Now I would be a new season ticket holder, BUT to get to keep my 200 level seats and get a parking pass, I need to make the required contribution to be eligible for 200 level seats.
If I balk, there are others lined up to make said contribution and all the better for the University.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
My son became a "new" season ticket holder last year as part of the Young Alumni program. He gets a parking pass to "O" lot (overflow lot near the Marriott) included with that package. There is no additional fee and he rarely uses it (we usually arrange to carpool as I have a parking pass), but for the few times he did use it he did not have to pay the "walk up" fee for "O" lot.

As for previous comments about the many open spots in lots A-D, I agree, UD staff needs to re-evaluate their capacity. Arena capacity has shrunk, not grown. And IMO the modifications made to the property surrounding lots A-D have not resulted in fewer spots to the point that each individual STH cannot have access. In the 70's, 80's, and 90's, STH packages were thriving and everyone got a parking pass...and a place to park. In addition, walk up customers could pay a couple of bucks and park in D lot. Sump'n ain't right!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (05-17-2018), mikeymo85 (05-17-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 07:16 AM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
I remember reading that those new premium club seats $3,500 seat license were going to a premium parking. So A, B, C lots are going to be shrinking.
I would imagine premium parking is B lot. I highly doubt that 3500 a game is going to put you in A or C...unless they create a roped off area behind the handicapped spots in A and B...
Old 05-18-2018, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
As for previous comments about the many open spots in lots A-D, I agree, UD staff needs to re-evaluate their capacity. Arena capacity has shrunk, not grown. And IMO the modifications made to the property surrounding lots A-D have not resulted in fewer spots to the point that each individual STH cannot have access. In the 70's, 80's, and 90's, STH packages were thriving and everyone got a parking pass...and a place to park. In addition, walk up customers could pay a couple of bucks and park in D lot. Sump'n ain't right!
While I agree that it needs to be monitored and evaluated, I wonder what the formula is for the amount of spots and the amount of passes issued. There are times where we burn two passes a game simply due to carpooling. There are times where all passes are used and times where they aren't. Unfortunately, the usage of passes depends on many factors, and is typically a last minute decision. I know I am not the only one in that position as friends of mine who have passes will hitch a ride with others.

As Clayton said, they aren't filling it to capacity, but they have to sell passes anticipating that every single pass will be used every game. Even in that case, spots in A lot have been lost due to construction. The number of passes are sold as if every game was a rivalry game, not a buy game from the SWAC. If the guys in the lot twiddling their thumbs are counting empty spots each game, then they can be used to capacity in future seasons.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:05 AM

Thanked 15,873 Times in 6,980 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Quite honestly, and I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see every parking spot numbered by Lot and Space (A103, B23, C354, D852) so everyone has to park in the same spot every game. Numbers and lots can be assigned based on years of consecutive season tickets so the blue hairs aren't stuck in the snow drifts and big donors are able to show up late and still have a well earned and close parking spot.

This would allow UD to monitor which spots aren't being used and devise a plan to better utilize the limited and valuable spaces that they KNOW are desired and profitable.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Quite honestly, and I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see every parking spot numbered by Lot and Space (A103, B23, C354, D852) so everyone has to park in the same spot every game. Numbers and lots can be assigned based on years of consecutive season tickets so the blue hairs aren't stuck in the snow drifts and big donors are able to show up late and still have a well earned and close parking spot.

This would allow UD to monitor which spots aren't being used and devise a plan to better utilize the limited and valuable spaces that they KNOW are desired and profitable.
This is 2018. If they want to check every parking pass that comes in, why not scan the passes the same as they do the tickets when entering the arena. Tearing off a stub on the bottom of the pass is so 1970ish. With scanners, after the fact they would have the numbers your after on who did or did not use the passes. I would have to think a scanner would be easier and quicker for the parking lot attendants to operate with three pairs of gloves on than trying to tear off the stub on the bottom of each pass.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
This is 2018. If they want to check every parking pass that comes in, why not scan the passes the same as they do the tickets when entering the arena. Tearing off a stub on the bottom of the pass is so 1970ish. With scanners, after the fact they would have the numbers your after on who did or did not use the passes. I would have to think a scanner would be easier and quicker for the parking lot attendants to operate with three pairs of gloves on than trying to tear off the stub on the bottom of each pass.
The scanner system at the arena hits Wi-Fi for real time counts. At certain entrances there are issues with scanners not reporting to ticketmaster/etc. When that happens, they only scan certain bar codes and the ushers have to tear off. Unfortunately, in the parking lot, I can't imagine the disaster scanners would be unless they run totally offline and the data is downloaded later. The reason for the real time info is that it alerts to fake barcodes and gives them real time data at the gate...I have a sneaky suspicion that parking would be even worse getting in to the gates than it is now...

I think counts each game of empty spots would get them close...close enough they could adjust pass limits for games/seasons to come.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
While I agree that it needs to be monitored and evaluated, I wonder what the formula is for the amount of spots and the amount of passes issued. There are times where we burn two passes a game simply due to carpooling. There are times where all passes are used and times where they aren't. Unfortunately, the usage of passes depends on many factors, and is typically a last minute decision. I know I am not the only one in that position as friends of mine who have passes will hitch a ride with others.

As Clayton said, they aren't filling it to capacity, but they have to sell passes anticipating that every single pass will be used every game. Even in that case, spots in A lot have been lost due to construction. The number of passes are sold as if every game was a rivalry game, not a buy game from the SWAC. If the guys in the lot twiddling their thumbs are counting empty spots each game, then they can be used to capacity in future seasons.
Due to work conflicts, my kids have arrived at games 5, 6, 7 minutes in. As recently as the last two VCU games during our NCAA runs. There were DOZENS of slots open in C and D lot. Just spend the '18-'19 season assessing the situation. 3-4 interns and a couple of golf carts to scan the lots close to halftime of each game, be it a buy game or primo A10 game or when Duke or UK visit!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-20-2018), shocka43 (05-18-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 07:40 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Just spend the '18-'19 season assessing the situation. 3-4 interns and a couple of golf carts to scan the lots close to halftime of each game, be it a buy game or primo A10 game or when Duke or UK visit!
This makes entirely too much sense for them to actually do it.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:01 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
In the past, Pride members had mentioned that UD should buy Welcome Park for additional parking adjacent to the Arena. Neil said last year that the city wouldn't sell for parking because the neighbors didn't support it. I had thought that in time the city might sell to UD anyway, but it now appears that will not be possible.

Last week this article was in the DDN. The city is selling part of the park to Bonbright and using the funds from the sale and an additional gift from Bonbright to build a mountain-biking facility.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news...loDo7JQA3nBCK/
Old 05-27-2018, 12:28 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
a mountain-biking facility, just what Dayton needs
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-27-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
The city of Dayton apparently holds UD in high regards. (sarcasm)