Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Flyers in the NBA Summer League

Scoochie: Cavs first game this Friday 9 PM EDT on NBA TV

Antetokounmpo: Mavericks first game this Friday 9:30 PM on ESPN

Cooke: Timberwolves first game this Friday 11 PM EDT on NBA TV

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2018/schedule

I'm posting as some of you care and some of you do not. I'm not a big Summer League guy, however being that their are Flyers playing I will check out a few minutes of each and check out the recaps.

GO FLYERS!!!
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (07-06-2018), Flyer 86 (07-05-2018), flyhi524 (07-05-2018), jack72 (07-05-2018), Justin (07-05-2018), MNFats (07-05-2018), Runnin' Rebel (07-05-2018), steverino015 (07-07-2018), Swampy Meadows (07-04-2018), tirebiter (07-05-2018)
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ready Action View Post
Scoochie: Cavs first game this Friday 9 PM EDT on NBA TV

Antetokounmpo: Mavericks first game this Friday 9:30 PM on ESPN

Cooke: Timberwolves first game this Friday 11 PM EDT on NBA TV

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2018/schedule

I'm posting as some of you care and some of you do not. I'm not a big Summer League guy, however being that their are Flyers playing I will check out a few minutes of each and check out the recaps.

GO FLYERS!!!
Cooke has a good chance to make the Wolves roster. I'm excited to see him back with the team for the summer. Wolves offered him a 2 way contract last year after the summer and he turned them down.

At this point the Wolves need wing players and they are almost hard capped - so everything needs to be at the minimum salary. Seems like a good fit.

We all know Kostas isn't making a roster this year, but still excited to see how his summer goes.

Scoochie is the most interesting of the 3, for me. He is the least guaranteed of the 3 and probably the most deserving. I would love to see him in the league and would be an immediate fan of any team willing to give him minutes (Unless they are playing the Wolves).
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I'll root for any team that has any Flyer on the roster. I don't care who they are playing.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-05-2018), Justin (07-05-2018), MNFats (07-05-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas interviewed after first practice
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...XWSuH468JCkHM/
Funny where Kostas says he gives fake names because no one can pronounce his. Often uses"Trey"
I couldn't find the referenced article on Mavs.com. but I read another where Luka Doncic said he was told he may only play one game in summer league because they think he needs rest. maybe that opens more time for Kostas?
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 11:57 AM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
I know Scoochie lacks some of the required NBA skills. But he is sneaky quick, is shooting better, and might be able to use his craftiness. I think part of Scoochie making it or not, will be his assista and connecting to teammates for baskets.

He is def the MOST interesting one to keep an eye on for me, of the 3
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 07:01 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
I know Scoochie lacks some of the required NBA skills. But he is sneaky quick, is shooting better, and might be able to use his craftiness. I think part of Scoochie making it or not, will be his assista and connecting to teammates for baskets.

He is def the MOST interesting one to keep an eye on for me, of the 3
I would take Scoochie over a lot of the backup point guards I have seen in the NBA.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-06-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-05-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:27 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Having watched Walt Frazier in his prime, I think Scoochie has the mindset of a point guard. I really hope he does well. It's not about me. It's about bringing the ball up and finding the open man. If I find myself open, I'll take the shot. If I drive the lane, I will look to lay it up or pass it off. Problem with NBA ball is once the point guard gives up the ball, he never gets it back to set up the others. Guys like Carmello Anthony don't know there are four other teammates on the court.

Coming off the bench, I don't care what city he plays in, you know the crowd will be yelling "Scootchie"

While I would like to see Cooke make it, I have always thought he was a bit of a head case thinking he was better than he was. Do not know what a two way contract is so maybe turning it down was not a big deal or big gamble.

I know people will disagree with me but I really don't care much about Kostas but as a Flyer fan, I hope he succeeds.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer68 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-06-2018), JimBo (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Academy Doolie

Jaco2112 is on a distinguished road
I watched quite a few of Scoochie's games with both, the team in Australia and with the Canton Charge. Not only has his 3 pointer adjusted, his ability to control the pace and make assists has also improved immensely. Betting he'll get an invite to training camp, even if it's just to provide competition for the hot shot kid from Alabama. It'll be interesting to see how many minutes he gets in summer league and if his maturity sets him apart. He's going to make someone's roster eventually - I'd bet on it.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jaco2112 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-06-2018), jack72 (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for posting something about basketball. The OTG threads are imploding.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (07-06-2018), Flyer 86 (07-06-2018), Jaco2112 (07-06-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-06-2018), rollo (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,110 Posts
JimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond reputeJimBo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
I know people will disagree with me but I really don't care much about Kostas but as a Flyer fan, I hope he succeeds.
Probably more people here that agree with you on Kostas than you realize.
Mad Props to JimBo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 10:45 AM
General

Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jaco2112 View Post
I watched quite a few of Scoochie's games with both, the team in Australia and with the Canton Charge. Not only has his 3 pointer adjusted, his ability to control the pace and make assists has also improved immensely. Betting he'll get an invite to training camp, even if it's just to provide competition for the hot shot kid from Alabama. It'll be interesting to see how many minutes he gets in summer league and if his maturity sets him apart. He's going to make someone's roster eventually - I'd bet on it.
Seems to have have grown and adjusted to semipro and nba camp level play. Totally agreed , after watching the videotape. He'a also a New Yorker, so lots of pride and competition and ny attitude . He knows how hard to play and to push it, without much ego imo.

Perfect PG mindset.
Jaco2112 (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Lieutenant General

Check out this tweet by the Mavs. Nice to see.
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/statu...-round.5358%2F

Also found this site for NBA TV streaming http://nba-stream.com/live/nba-tv-li...eam/channel-1/

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 07-06-2018 at 04:04 PM..
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-08-2018), Flyer 86 (07-06-2018), Jaco2112 (07-06-2018), Justin (07-06-2018), Runnin' Rebel (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Very cool of he to represent in the pic. I was worried about some so-called hard feelings. Optics mean EVERYTHING these days!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 08:39 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm ready to forget all the bad. That pic of Kostas in a Dayton shirt feels really good.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-07-2018), flyerfanatic86 (07-09-2018), SLUFLYER (07-17-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie looked pretty good tonight. He got a couple of steals - made some nice passes (4 assists). He looked like he belonged out there.

There is still 4 minutes left, but I'm assuming he's done for the night. Only 1 point, but all in all I though the looked good. Fun to watch him play again.
Flyer 86 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 10:50 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Ready Action View Post
Very cool of he to represent in the pic. I was worried about some so-called hard feelings. Optics mean EVERYTHING these days!
Posted via Mobile Device
The hard feelings have been a one way street. He's never said a bad thing about UD. He was just immature and stopped going to class.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (07-07-2018), Flyer 86 (07-07-2018), flyerfanatic86 (07-09-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-07-2018), SLUFLYER (07-17-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Unless I was mistaken, Kostas got in the Mavs game with about 2 min. remaining in the 4th quarter and for the most part looked like a fish out of water. He can't begin to compete with the likes of DeAndre Ayton of the Suns and the other big men that were on the floor. He did however score the last basket of the game. A Mav teammate saved a ball from going out of bounds under the basket and tapped it back in to Kostas and he made the layup with just a few seconds remaining. He has let his hair grow a little longer than when he was at UD.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-07-2018), MNFats (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
Scoochie looked pretty good tonight. He got a couple of steals - made some nice passes (4 assists). He looked like he belonged out there.

There is still 4 minutes left, but I'm assuming he's done for the night. Only 1 point, but all in all I though the looked good. Fun to watch him play again.
I agree with all of the above! Scoochie got some extra minutes because Colin Sexton the Cavs 1st round pick from Alabama slightly rolled his ankle on a layup attempt at the end of the 3rd quarter and was removed from the game to rest it. Scoochie definitely looked like he belonged out there as a point guard. He had several nice assists!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 12:26 PM
General

Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
I agree with all of the above! Scoochie got some extra minutes because Colin Sexton the Cavs 1st round pick from Alabama slightly rolled his ankle on a layup attempt at the end of the 3rd quarter and was removed from the game to rest it. Scoochie definitely looked like he belonged out there as a point guard. He had several nice assists!
4 assists total.

Also Cookie got some numbers and playing time. Think he had 8 points. I checked the box score about 4 hours ago, so if someone can pull up his numbers..... great.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2018, 12:30 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...QZCc1pgaCuR7I/
Old 07-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Lieutenant General

Scoochie playing on ESPN. 2nd qtr beginning soon.
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Academy Doolie

Interesting observation from last nights Cleveland game - Scoochie stayed on the floor when Colin Sexton was put back in the game, and still running the point. Could have been that Colin had zapped his funny bone earlier in the game, but nonetheless, it seemed like a positive for Scoochie. He's not been shooting, and in this scenario once you give the ball up, you rarely get it back, so that part of his game isn't visible. Some really great assists, though...and would be a lot more if the other guys could shoot..lol. Lots of "let me (try to) show my stuff" with some of his teammates... not much team play, although that's clearly what he's trying facilitate.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jaco2112 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018), jack72 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting observation from last nights Cleveland game - Scoochie stayed on the floor when Colin Sexton was put back in the game, and still running the point. Could have been that Colin had zapped his funny bone earlier in the game, but nonetheless, it seemed like a positive for Scoochie. He's not been shooting, and in this scenario once you give the ball up, you rarely get it back, so that part of his game isn't visible. Some really great assists, though...and would be a lot more if the other guys could shoot..lol. Lots of "let me (try to) show my stuff" with some of his teammates... not much team play, although that's clearly what he's trying facilitate.
I watched much of this game on ESPN. The Cavs were down bigly and then made a run - actually took the lead by 1 - with Scooch on the floor running the point. I thought a key to the comeback was the defense being played up top by both guards. They were making entry passes difficult, keeping the opponent in front of them, and challenging the shooters. A couple of late defensive breakdowns and giving up some offensive boards cost them the game.

As noted, Scoochie was not shooting much but had some nice assists.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 08:07 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
FWIW, Cooke started for the T'wolves and scored 11 and in his 2nd game, Kostas got a big, fat DNP.
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018), jack72 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 08:54 AM
General

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
FWIW, Cooke started for the T'wolves and scored 11 and in his 2nd game, Kostas got a big, fat DNP.
he shot like crap from the field, but hit 7 of 8 from the FT line. Played 20 something minutes.

So some positives! Congrats CC
Old 07-09-2018, 10:38 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
We all knew Kostas was not ready for the NBA, but it can't make him feel good that the Mavs don't think he's ready for the Summer League....
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
We all knew Kostas was not ready for the NBA, but it can't make him feel good that the Mavs don't think he's ready for the Summer League....
I found it interesting that Raymond Spalding has played quite a few minutes and Kostas very little. Spalding was the 56th selection and Kostas was 60th pick. Not surprising, but Spalding is way ahead of a kid that should have stayed in school and developed his game.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:51 PM
General

frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
From DDN: Former Dayton Flyers guard Brian Roberts will take his game to Spain next season...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...syRVX4KFCuY7O/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-09-2018), jack72 (07-09-2018), MNFats (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas had some nice minutes for the Mavs tonight. 4 points, 6 boards, 2 steals, 3 blocks, and a cringeworthy 2 of 8 from the free throw line. He was pretty active and looked good in stretches.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/statu...863416834?s=20
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-10-2018), Flyer 86 (07-09-2018), jack72 (07-10-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-09-2018), Runnin' Rebel (07-09-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:00 AM
General

those are numbers to get him looked at, esp blocks and boards.

Curious how many minutes this was?
San Diego Flyer (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 08:19 AM
Lieutenant General

14 minutes and his +/- was +16. He also altered several shots around the rim that I saw which of course don't show in the stats.
These stats show 7 rebounds. http://www.nba.com/games/20180709/GSWDAL#/boxscore

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 07-10-2018 at 08:27 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-10-2018), Justin (07-10-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Lieutenant General

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...FHPYrLCS2RTgJ/

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 07-10-2018 at 11:29 AM..
jack72 (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Whatever, He had to have flashed some of his potential. Last night was a very encouraging stat line.

We may have left out the most outstanding stat. He played 14 minutes with no personal fouls.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 07-10-2018 at 11:31 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-10-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-10-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Whatever, He had to have flashed some of his potential. Last night was a very encouraging stat line.

We may have left out the most outstanding stat. He played 14 minutes with no personal fouls.
Yeah - I watched most of the game last night. Kind of what we all expected, I think. He had a positive impact defensively. He used his length to block shots, alter shots, and came up with a nice steal that should have led to a breakaway dunk if not for the other team intentionally fouling him.

Offensively he looked a little lost. Forced up some shots and was brutal from the line.

Good news is that he can learn those things. Overall I was encouraged by his play last night.
Flyer 86 (07-11-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 01:46 PM

The big issue is would Kostas be strong enough to be on the court? With the Texas Legends off the bench for 10 t0 15 minutes? Yes. But no higher until he packs on some muscle.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-10-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 AM
General

Dayton’s Darrell Davis will start pro career in Europe

DD is off to Hungary to start his professional basketball career.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...KuDMZV9CNcJ7K/

I hope he does well.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-11-2018), Justin (07-12-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
Great for DD and I am happy for him.

Too bad the team is not based in Budapest, which is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and I hope he gets to see it any many other in his travels. Tremendous opportunity for him in many ways.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer68 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-11-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:11 PM
Colonel

Scoochie Smith played perhaps his best game today as the Cavs ran their record to 3-1 in the NBA Summer League by defeating the Sacramento Kings 96-84. His line in just 12 min. of playing time was 4 for 4 from the field and 2 for 2 from the line for 10 points. He also had 2 assists.

Scoochie made a great move as time was running out at the end of the 3rd quarter. He penetrated to the basket and, seeing the lane was populated with Kings big men, he dribbled back out to about 18-20 ft. and shot a step back jump shot that swished at the buzzer. Colin Sexton was the first to put his arm around him as Scoochie went back to the Cavs bench! Others congratulated him as well!

At the beginning of the 4th quarter he made the first basket. A floater he banked in as he drove down the lane. The announcer called it a eurostep! haha They had fun saying his name!

Sexton is getting the majority of minutes at PG and had 21 points in the game but with performances like today Scoochie may be getting more minutes. He looks like he belongs out there.
13 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-12-2018), Flyer 86 (07-14-2018), flyerfanatic86 (07-12-2018), fuz_forward (07-12-2018), jack72 (07-12-2018), Jaco2112 (07-13-2018), Justin (07-12-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-12-2018), mikeymo85 (07-13-2018), Runnin' Rebel (07-12-2018), Sarge (07-15-2018), superfan99 (07-12-2018), TommyGola (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 08:35 AM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie is a "baller," no doubt. He always rises to the occasion. As I mentioned previously, he is better than several of the backup point guards in the NBA, including the Cavs' backup, Jordan Clarkson. Another A-10 guard who is better than most backup point guards is Jalen Adams of the Bonnies.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-14-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 08:32 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
@thesteinline
The Mavericks have signed No. 60 overall pick Kostas Antetokounmpo to a two-way contract
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-13-2018), MNFats (07-13-2018), Ready Action (07-14-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 09:48 PM
Lieutenant General

Kostas did well tonight. 10 pts in 11minutes. 3 of 4 from the field and 4 of 5 from the ft line. 1 steal and 1 block, 3 fouls
jack72 (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 10:40 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
@thesteinline
The Mavericks have signed No. 60 overall pick Kostas Antetokounmpo to a two-way contract
Posted via Mobile Device
Mavs.com:

Mavericks sign Kostas Antetokounmpo to two-way contract; waive Jalen Jones

https://www.mavs.com/mavericks-sign-...e-jalen-jones/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-15-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-14-2018), Runnin' Rebel (07-14-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-15-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 07:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Scooch just tore it up in the 4th quarter against Houston in the playoff round. Had 17 total points with 15 coming in 4th quarter. He scored every way possible and was 3-5 from deep. He brought the Cavs back at the end. He should definitely be on an NBA roster.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (07-16-2018), Flyer 86 (07-15-2018), frisco flyer (07-14-2018), jack72 (07-15-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-14-2018), Runnin' Rebel (07-14-2018), Sarge (07-15-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 07:36 PM
General

Scooch had 17, with 2 critical threes late in the 4th.
https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...s_92-87_i.html
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-15-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 08:15 PM
Lieutenant General

enjoy these video clips
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1018259874403119104
https://twitter.com/cavs/status/1018257183970955265
Their twitter account says they have moved on to the next round of the play offs, so Scoochie will be playing again.

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 07-14-2018 at 08:24 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-15-2018), TXFlyerFan (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 09:34 PM
General

Classic Scoochie! That step-back jumper...how many times did we see that over his career? He is so much better than Clarkson. In some of the earlier games he was hesitant to take it into the paint. That is the case no more. He will find a spot on the roster.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 03:03 AM
Academy Doolie

Summer League has such an aggravating PR/Political angle to it. The announcers focus so much on the draft pick, just gushing praise... even when it's not warranted. Every game has been that way. I've been hitting the mute button more than I used to do with our local Mr. "Get that junk out here" Scoochie's stat line was FAR better than Sexton in this game, by a long shot - yet Colin gets Top Performer kudos. I certainly hope he gets a 2-way contract with them this year, but this "young bull" Sexton stuff is going to be a bit of a barrier. At least Scoochie raised his value in this one - if Cleveland doesn't sign him, some team with a need for a backup PG will - eventually.
Mad Props to Jaco2112 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 07:33 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Their twitter account says they have moved on to the next round of the play offs, so Scoochie will be playing again.
Raptors/Cavs Today @ 6 PM EDT. Game is supposed to be on ESPN2, but currently my guide reads TBD vs. Trail Blazers.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-15-2018), ud69 (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Summer League has such an aggravating PR/Political angle to it. The announcers focus so much on the draft pick, just gushing praise... even when it's not warranted. Every game has been that way. I've been hitting the mute button more than I used to do with our local Mr. "Get that junk out here" Scoochie's stat line was FAR better than Sexton in this game, by a long shot - yet Colin gets Top Performer kudos. I certainly hope he gets a 2-way contract with them this year, but this "young bull" Sexton stuff is going to be a bit of a barrier. At least Scoochie raised his value in this one - if Cleveland doesn't sign him, some team with a need for a backup PG will - eventually.
I thought the announcers were very complimentary of Scoochie. They were complimentary of his game and his leadership... mentioning his time at Dayton multiple times including stating he was the only 3 year captain in UD history. They even discussed him in the post game wrap up.

I'm really not sure how much more could be expected. Scoochie had a great game and he was probably the most discussed player in the 4th quarter.

All that being said, summer league isn't a good indicator of a player's potential. If it was, Christian Wood would be All NBA. Despite being arguably the best player in the summer league over the last 2 years is not currently signed and was unable to get promoted out of the G-League last year.

Scoochie is good enough to get consideration. The fact that the ball was in his hands pretty much the whole time the game is on the line is probably an indicator he is getting it. Hopefully, he keeps seizing that opportunity.

FWIW... while I loved seeing the step back jumper again, I thought his best play was when he collapsed the defense and kicked a pass for an assist on a 3 pointer with about 10 seconds left. Heady play; great vision.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-15-2018), Jaco2112 (07-15-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-15-2018), Muckem333 (07-15-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-15-2018), Sarge (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 03:52 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bucketnight View Post
FWIW... while I loved seeing the step back jumper again, I thought his best play was when he collapsed the defense and kicked a pass for an assist on a 3 pointer with about 10 seconds left. Heady play; great vision.
This one was always my favorite...

https://youtu.be/5juIfOIWW3c?t=24
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (07-16-2018), TXFlyerFan (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 08:12 PM
Lieutenant General

Cavs advance, play tomorrow night at 8:30 on ESPN2. Scoochie had 10 pts in 26 minutes tonight. 4 reb, 2 ast, 2 to, 2 bl, 1 st
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-15-2018), Justin (07-16-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 08:12 AM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie got a bunch of minutes again last night and looked very good. He was the obvious point guard out there, as the Sexton kid looks like a 2 guard and great scorer. Scoochie also lookded great on defense.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (07-18-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie's line: 27 mins, 14 pts, 5 assists, 5 rebs, 1 steal
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-17-2018), CvilleFlyer (07-18-2018), fuz_forward (07-17-2018), Gazoo (07-17-2018), Justin (07-17-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-17-2018), TommyGola (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
He played really well. The offense went south whenever he went out of the game. But … he had "opportunities" to blow em away and maybe solidify his rep..... but missed 2 outside shots in the last 2 minutes, and a driving shot in OT... Think what could have been if he made just one of those..... Oh well, c'est la vie....
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Scoochie

is getting major minutes at winning time and he is making the most of it. He is a winner and knows how to finish. How far this gets him in the NBA is anybody's guess as it is a league of stars where entertainment value trumps basketball ability IMHO.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Major General

Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
is getting major minutes at winning time and he is making the most of it. He is a winner and knows how to finish. How far this gets him in the NBA is anybody's guess as it is a league of stars where entertainment value trumps basketball ability IMHO.
BRob did just fine.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Major General

BRob did just fine
Old 07-17-2018, 09:59 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't a name like Scoochie provide all the entertainment needed?
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-17-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-17-2018), mikeymo85 (07-17-2018), SLUFLYER (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Captain

Justin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant futureJustin has a brilliant future
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Justin For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (07-17-2018), Flyer 86 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Lieutenant General

Scoochie article from yesterday
https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...HjvN2XOFAKacL/
"Smith earned an invitation to training camp with the Cavaliers and said while he would probably accept it, he hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s keeping his options open in case other teams express interest in him."
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (07-20-2018), Flyer 86 (07-20-2018), jack72 (07-19-2018), Justin (07-20-2018), mikeymo85 (07-20-2018), rollo (07-20-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-19-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Scoochie article from yesterday
https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...HjvN2XOFAKacL/
"Smith earned an invitation to training camp with the Cavaliers and said while he would probably accept it, he hasn’t made up his mind yet. He’s keeping his options open in case other teams express interest in him."
He's smart to keep his options open. There is not a clear path for him to make the Cavs roster. We can sit here and say he's better than Jordan Clarkson, but it isn't that simple.

The Cavs currently have over $35M committed to PG's for the upcoming season. George Hill is making $19M, Clarkson $12.5M, and Sexton at $4M+. They would likely have to trade away one of the other 3 to make room unless they want 4 PGs. They aren't trading Sexton and good luck finding a trade partner for the other two. Clarkson has two years left on his deal and nobody wants that contract. Hill can be cut after this season as only $1M is guaranteed for next year, but that doesn't help Scoochie now.

The best bet for Scoochie with the Cavs would be a two-way contract. Unfortunately each team only gets 2 and the Cavs have already used both of theirs.

So as it sits, there isn't a spot for Scoochie on that roster, and it's not because of a lack of talent.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bucketnight (07-20-2018), CvilleFlyer (07-20-2018), Flyer 86 (07-20-2018), mikeymo85 (07-20-2018), San Diego Flyer (07-20-2018), TommyGola (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:36 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
He's smart to keep his options open. There is not a clear path for him to make the Cavs roster. We can sit here and say he's better than Jordan Clarkson, but it isn't that simple.

The Cavs currently have over $35M committed to PG's for the upcoming season. George Hill is making $19M, Clarkson $12.5M, and Sexton at $4M+. They would likely have to trade away one of the other 3 to make room unless they want 4 PGs. They aren't trading Sexton and good luck finding a trade partner for the other two. Clarkson has two years left on his deal and nobody wants that contract. Hill can be cut after this season as only $1M is guaranteed for next year, but that doesn't help Scoochie now.

The best bet for Scoochie with the Cavs would be a two-way contract. Unfortunately each team only gets 2 and the Cavs have already used both of theirs.

So as it sits, there isn't a spot for Scoochie on that roster, and it's not because of a lack of talent.
Scoochie has an agent. This is exactly why you have one. If the Cavs offered a tryout but there is no real future, the agent should be leveraging that offer to build interest with a team where the options look better. It is important to understand future opportunities. The Cavs may be actively shopping one or more of those PGs. A good agent will know that.

Good luck to him. He would be a great ambassador for the program.
Mad Props to Bucketnight For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:23 AM

The Cavs gave Scoochie a lot of playing time to show what he has got. He's done well. The league is in a constant state of flux. Most of the big money guys have been slotted, and now they have to address the rest of the payroll. He is a value added prospect as a cheap third or fourth pg on the roster, much like BRob has been until he played his way up the pay scale.

That may not be with the Cavs, but some of the smaller market teams might find Scoochie attractive. They say timing is everything, but now when teams are looking for coins in the sofa, it's possible he's become cheap insurance.

Stay tuned. Yogi Ferrell just reneged on the Mavs, who know's? The Mavs have a two-way left after Kostas snagged one. I could see Kostas and Scoochie with the Texas Legends in Frisco. Stranger things have happened.

Ps- 3 players working for the Mavs?

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 07-21-2018 at 01:19 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (07-22-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 11:25 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
The Cavs gave Scoochie a lot of playing time to show what he has got. He's done well. The league is in a constant state of flux. Most of the big money guys have been slotted, and now they have to address the rest of the payroll. He is a value added prospect as a cheap third or fourth pg on the roster, much like BRob has been until he played his way up the pay scale.

That may not be with the Cavs, but some of the smaller market teams might find Scoochie attractive. They say timing is everything, but now when teams are looking for coins in the sofa, it's possible he's become cheap insurance.

Stay tuned. Yogi Ferrell just reneged on the Mavs, who know's? The Mavs have a two-way left after Kostas snagged one. I could see Kostas and Scoochie with the Texas Legends in Frisco. Stranger things have happened.
SanDiegoFlyer: To add fuel to your rumor, Scoochie WAS in Dallas prior to the draft as a part of a group of players. I read about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (07-21-2018)
Old 07-21-2018, 02:48 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
A Cavs fan site thinks that not only is Smith a good fit but would actually make the team.
https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/07/...g-camp-invite/