User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,620 Times in 761 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Facts

1. We will have home field advantage. I don't care what any Shocker posters say, we will be LOWD and proud in Indy.
2. This ain't Missouri State or Bradley.
3. It is hard to prove a negative, fact remains that Wichita State has not beaten anyone of substance this year
4. We lost to GW and Davidson largely due to hot shooting out of the gate by them. AM will have the Flyers ready to go this time around.
5. We all thought UD was headed for an 8 or 9, same could be said for WSU. So enough about the 7-10 already. Let's make them the 7 and us the 10, we are still playing them.
6. We have our core of four seniors, they do not have the leadership that we do.
7. Media and talking heads have handed WSU the game already, dont think AM is not using this as motivation.
8. Over-under opened at 148, it is now at 145. A lower scoring game should favor us
9. No reason the 7-10 should have had UD vs WSU and SMC vs VCU. Could have split that up Mich-OkState and SC-Marq
10. Flyers win 65-61. CC with a huge game matching up vs their smaller guards.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CoffeeCan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-14-2017), Flyer 86 (03-14-2017), FLYER5 (03-14-2017), Gazoo (03-14-2017), Justin (03-14-2017), ruechalgrin (03-14-2017), UDBaby (03-14-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Relative to the crowd and potential home field advantage, I believe we will have it, however, my only concern is the number of UK fans. One reason UK travels so well is because tickets at Rupp are extremely difficult to get and very expensive. While the ticket prices I have seen for Friday aren't cheap, I'm worried the UK fan base will dominate the place.
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,339 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Not to mention Louisville and as I said in another thread do not underestimate the way WSU travels. Last year in Providence they were the biggest and loudest crowd there.

Last edited by CT Flyer; 03-14-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 10:01 AM
1st Lieutenant

big jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud ofbig jordan has much to be proud of
Just because Wichita does not have great wins does not mean that they can't beat great teams. If any fanbase can sympathize with the big programs refusing to play someone, especially on the road, it is Dayton. If you tune out the talking heads and the overconfident Wich St fans, and you'll see a program that's been as good as any over the last 4-5 years.

Agreed completely with points 1, 6 and 7. I think FT shooting will be the key for the Flyers. No excuse for the seniors not to be calm and confident in this environment, especially at the line.

@CT Flyer: I was at the Orlando tourney in 2015, and Dayton had twice as many fans as Wichita at least. Not saying they won't show up, but Dayton should have a noticeable advantage.

Last edited by big jordan; 03-14-2017 at 10:03 AM..
Mad Props to big jordan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 10:03 AM
1st Lieutenant

Mr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Relative to the crowd and potential home field advantage, I believe we will have it, however, my only concern is the number of UK fans. One reason UK travels so well is because tickets at Rupp are extremely difficult to get and very expensive. While the ticket prices I have seen for Friday aren't cheap, I'm worried the UK fan base will dominate the place.
Their colors are Blue & White (close to Daytons) - I bet they pull for UD, thinking we are the easier opponent for them rnd 2
Mad Props to Mr_Sweets For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 10:06 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Not to mention Louisville and as I said in another thread do not underestimate the way WSU travels. Last year in Providence they were the biggest and largest crowd there.
Louisville will not be playing in our session. I don't see their fans paying to be at the second session. If we are playing Sunday it will be another story if both UL and UK advance.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,166 Times in 4,198 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Louisville will not be playing in our session. I don't see their fans paying to be at the second session. If we are playing Sunday it will be another story if both UL and UK advance.
It has been my experience that it is easier to get tickets if you buy all 3 sessions, but that is the most expensive option, so maybe there is some fan carryover from the earlier session.

I think UK fans might just stay neutral during the UD game. I think UK fans will dominate the arena.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr_Sweets View Post
Their colors are Blue & White (close to Daytons) - I bet they pull for UD, thinking we are the easier opponent for them rnd 2
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I think UK fans might just stay neutral during the UD game. I think UK fans will dominate the arena.
The question will be when they actually show up at the game. A lot of them may just stay out at the bars in downtown Indy and show up for their game. That's what I did in Columbus when UD didn't tip off until like 11pm that one night.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:03 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,339 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big jordan View Post
@CT Flyer: I was at the Orlando tourney in 2015, and Dayton had twice as many fans as Wichita at least. Not saying they won't show up, but Dayton should have a noticeable advantage.
I wasn't saying UD fans won't show up and that we won't have an advantage, I was just saying that because of the schools that are there, that tickets might not be that plentiful for UD fans to scoop up.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
number21 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I wasn't saying UD fans won't show up and that we won't have an advantage, I was just saying that because of the schools that are there, that tickets might not be that plentiful for UD fans to scoop up.
On that note here is a ticket price update from Stubhub. (prices includes fees)

Upper Arena: 1 ticket left for $137, Next lowest available are $167

Club Level: 2 left for $215, Next lowest available are $245

Lower Level (Mostly end zone/corner seats): 1 for $293, 1 for $340, 2 for $382, and the rest are $410 and up.

There are some upper corner tickets for all 3 sessions still available from the NCAA/ticketmaster for $228 but you most likely need binoculars or will be watching the game on the video boards up there.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:25 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
There will be many UK fans, they will generally be rooting for UD. They aren't big Wichita St fans.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 11:34 AM
1st Lieutenant

Mr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
It has been my experience that it is easier to get tickets if you buy all 3 sessions, but that is the most expensive option, so maybe there is some fan carryover from the earlier session.

That has been my experience too. If UD does fall (hopefully not the case) - I have had 0 issue selling my last session (session 3) ticket to a fan of one of the other schools that did advance to recoup some of the cost.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:51 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,479 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
There will be many UK fans, they will generally be rooting for UD. They aren't big Wichita St fans.
If memory serves me, WSU upset UK in the dance a couple years ago. Now some will like a rematch, but my guess is most will be behind UD. And the Zflyer Faithful in Indy need to recruit their support when you run into them at the bars and at the venue. It shouldn't be hard to pack the house with UK fans cheering for UD.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
USA TODAY calls the UD - Wichita State game the "Best Round of 64 Match-up."

It will be a heavily watched game - hope TrueTeam plays with Pride, confidence and skill.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer69ers For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-14-2017), FLYER5 (03-14-2017), Justin (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,502 Times in 820 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
If Dayton is seen as the underdog, and Dayton is also seen as the easier opponent, I'd think UK fans would be rooting for Dayton.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 12:41 PM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
As someone pointed out, Dayton is 4-0 against the Kentucky heavyweights this century (Louisville, Kentucky).
Murray State & EKU are a different story

Mad Props to Glen Clark For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 01:20 PM
Academy Doolie

WheatShock is a jewel in the roughWheatShock is a jewel in the roughWheatShock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
If memory serves me, WSU upset UK in the dance a couple years ago. Now some will like a rematch, but my guess is most will be behind UD. And the Zflyer Faithful in Indy need to recruit their support when you run into them at the bars and at the venue. It shouldn't be hard to pack the house with UK fans cheering for UD.
Other way around. UK beat us by 2 in St. Louis in 2014. Possibly the greatest college basketball game I have ever seen. Both teams played at an extremely high level that day.