Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
DMO's trey

So what did the TV replay show on DMO's trey early in the game as the shot clock expired? Fans sure thought he got it off in time....
Also, why did the refs refuse to check it on the monitor as Archie clearly wanted them to? Is that one of those things that can only be reviewed at the end of the game?
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2013, 09:15 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
It looked good from where I was sitting, and it happened @ my end of the court (Sec 215). Also, my cousin came over to sit next to me in the 2nd half, and he has been a penalty box attendant for many of the recent Dayton hockey teams (Demonz, Gems, Bombers), so he's trained to keep his eyes on the clock & the action, and he said it looked like DMO got it off in time.

To be honest, though, when I saw the Thread title, I didn't know if the subject would be this shot or the airball. Good thing we can laugh about both shots now.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:24 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I posted this in the game thread when it happened. I was stuck at home watching on TV last night. Rewound 5 times and all 5 times same result. The ball is clearly out of DMO's hand and on the way to the basket when the clock turns to zero. The referee was super quick with his whistle, blowing it simutaneously with the horn (if not a fraction of a second sooner). They showed a shot of Archie talking to the ref afterwards and it was quite easy to read Archies lips and he let the referre know twice that the call was Bull Poopy.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
To be honest, though, when I saw the Thread title, I didn't know if the subject would be this shot or the airball. Good thing we can laugh about both shots now.
You mean airballs? Pretty sure there were more than one. And I definitely think he got the other one off in time, as did everyone around me.

Last edited by longtimefan; 12-15-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Old 12-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
Terrible call...Confused why not one of the other two refs didn't stop play to even question the ref who blew the whistle, let alone review the monitor.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

NYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really nice
I could not understand the ref's call. it wasn't even that close. why they did not review it is beyond me.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:13 AM
Major

rmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud ofrmdflyers has much to be proud of
It was a bad call and unfortunately, not reviewable at that stage of the game. From the NCAA...

"In men’s and women’s basketball, the panel approved monitor reviews in the last two minutes of regulation and overtime so officials can look to see if a shot clock violation occurred and to determine who caused the ball to go out of bounds on a deflection involving two or more players."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-...ules-updates-n
Mad Props to rmdflyers For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (12-15-2013)
Old 12-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the replay numerous times and the ball was still in his hands. Good call.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

mook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura aboutmook has a spectacular aura about
Really irritating that the ref across the court made the call, not the one right by DMO...
Old 12-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Too close to call without slo-mo review

There was 1 second left with the ball on his fingertips. I've seen refs review to determine a 2 point or three point shot in the middle of the game. It surprises me that this is non-reviewable. At the game the backboard flashed after the ball was in the air and before the ball went through the basket.

Last edited by UD90; 01-16-2020 at 08:16 AM..