Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Scout.com-Adreian Payne

Scout.com now has Adreain Payne's Interest in Dayton at "Low Interest" while schools like Cincinnati, Xavier, Kentucky, Ohio State, etc etc at Medium Interest! Does Scout.com know something we don't?
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,452 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Medium at Rivals

Originally Posted by UDF4N4LIF3 View Post
Scout.com now has Adreain Payne's Interest in Dayton at "Low Interest"
Rivals shows his interest in
Dayton as Medium.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,914 Times in 2,926 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
On a related note, Jody Demling of the Louisville Courier-Journal has this item on Payne:

"Class of 2010 stud Adriean Payne of Dayton (Ohio) Jefferson is making a quick rise towards the top of the rankings in his class. He's a 6-foot-8 beast and has been listing both Louisville and Kentucky on his short list in recent weeks. He's also listing Cincinnati, Xavier, Ohio State and West Virginia as potential schools."

I ain't liking the sound of that. Of course he does write for a Kentucky paper and follows UK and UL closely...not that that tinged his reporting or anything

Linky badness: http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
Old 07-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
I knew it was to good to be true to land a 5 STAR Prospect.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

The Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura aboutThe Fat Tuna has a spectacular aura about
I really wouldn't worry about it all that much. From the sounds of it he isn't going to verbal, to UD or otherwise, any time in the immediate future. Some outside sources like scout and rivals are just now really starting to get him in their sights. Whenever a kid lists off about 12 schools to choose from, you need to consider that they aren't near a decision. Second, if I am writing a column in Louisville, Lexington, Washington DC, or wheverever else he may be considering, am I going to mention UD....probably not. For a lot of those sports writers who may not have that much knowledge about other programs they want to put in their school along with other teams their readers know for good measure....UD wouldn't really be one of those.

Listen, not saying he is going to verbal to UD tomorrow...just be careful about some of these sights, they tend to sway towards big time schools and their info isn't always accurate.

OT: Speaking of Kentucky, I have heard that Billy G has locked up classes through the 2022 year. He even signed one player that isn't even born yet. Word on the street in my hometown of good ole Lansing, MI is that he offered a kid going into the 8th grade this summer from Dwight Rich Middle school on the south side of town.....the kid happens to be Erving "Magic" Johnson's blood cousin...not to mention also that his father was an all state swing man for Everett HS and played DI ball as well. Billy G has some onions for going up to MSU land to try and lure away a 7th grader from that area.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Scout sucks...Rivals is better.

Plus, no doubt Payne is a lot of interest in UD
Old 07-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
All you have to do is read the articles in the DDN today on AP
Old 07-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,608 Times in 2,452 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Staten Wants Payne to Play at UD

DDN article:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...08sppayne.html

Last edited by Mich Flyer; 07-31-2008 at 08:05 AM..
Old 07-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I like our odds ....

I know, I know....
Historically I would not think we get him to committ to UD. And that tone still rips at my heart, as if please dont get your hopes up.
However, ....... I think there is more hope than most are giving credit.
Two and half reasons .....
1) First the half .... BG - Obviously he had a special knack for entering relationships with young kids and telling just how special UD is. He is or will be up against the best with this young man.
2) Mr Chris Wright - By all accounts this young man is a special leader. One that people want to play with, be around, and learn from. You cannot teach this, it is more than just basketball. And it certainly seems like he has 'it'.
3) Staten - I am only reading this site and articles, but there seems to be a strong bond with Adriean and Staten. Good players with good chemistry tend to want to continue to play together, to compete together, to win together.

Again maybe it's the hope factor, but I just don't get the 'OJ Mayo' vibe from this kid. The jaded, calculated personality does not seem to be there. Just a good, playful young kid trying to make the best decision for him... which just may include enough of the local details to help him land at UD.

But I also agree that I don't think we will know his committment school for quite some time. It only makes sense for him to keep options open. And early committment is 'not likely' (sarcasim.... no way possible is more like it.)
Old 07-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Major

nbflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
I knew it was to good to be true to land a 5 STAR Prospect.
UD is still one of the front runners to sign Payne. Nothing has changed that at this point.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Major

2009 Recruiting?

What about for the 2009 Recruitment? Can we still sign one more player? Like Darious Smith or Bill Edwards Jr.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
What about for the 2009 Recruitment? Can we still sign one more player? Like Darious Smith or Bill Edwards Jr.
Nope we are done, unless some one transfers. We only have 1 scholly available. By the way, use rivals its so much better than scout.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:50 PM

udflyerfan07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm not worried about Scout, Rivals, or some beat writer in Louisville and what they think of where AP is going to end up. It's a known fact that he's said he wants to stay close to his grandma here in Dayton. It's also a fact that AP comes to allot of the open gyms at UD. Does this mean anything? No...but UD is def on AP radar. Probably the best source to follow the recruitment of AP is Xavier's Brian Snow...he's very objective when it comes to this and follows AP and Statens AAU team all over. He's much closer to AP then that guy in Louisville.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by udflyerfan07 View Post
I'm not worried about Scout, Rivals, or some beat writer in Louisville and what they think of where AP is going to end up. It's a known fact that he's said he wants to stay close to his grandma here in Dayton. It's also a fact that AP comes to allot of the open gyms at UD. Does this mean anything? No...but UD is def on AP radar. Probably the best source to follow the recruitment of AP is Xavier's Brian Snow...he's very objective when it comes to this and follows AP and Statens AAU team all over. He's much closer to AP then that guy in Louisville.
very good call... But still let's keep Adreian home where he belongs.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
very good call... But still let's keep Adreian home where he belongs.
I second this. Need this guy to lite it up at the arena with Staten
Old 08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Just wondering if anyone knows the relationship between Payne and BG?Lots of things in UD's favor otherwise.